test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Creation Help - Mecha Girl

gemknightrangergemknightranger Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Costumes and Concepts
Hi everyone!

I am having a real hard time with coming up with costumes for my toon. A little background. She is a teenage school girl who, due to unusual circumstances, finds herself 100 ft tall. In order to live a normal live she is forced to wear armor/gadgets to maintain a normal height. She mainly uses might powers and she was raised on a military/research base.

Below is a template of her body type.

23qx8qq.jpg

Any help in making a costume that would be perfect for her will be greatly appreciated.

Pretty much a mix of armor and clothing or full on power suit or mech style costumes.

Thanks again in advance!
Post edited by gemknightranger on

Comments

• novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sure. I am a guy that plays a female archer simply because I find archery more fitting for females ever since the hunger games. So, I do not really like tights so I went ahead and created a school girl costume (kinda risqu

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you want someone to use the costume file, you should use like Photobucket to share the picture. Like Tinypic, some change the file name and doing so, mess up all the body/costume info for Character Creator to use.
    The file name should match to the one in the CO screenshot folder.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cheerlead__by_ashwatz-d7fwx67.jpg
    THIS IS THE FIRST COSTUME

cute_dress_by_ashwatz-d7fwx10.jpg
    THE SECOND ONE

Just insert armor n stuff

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi everyone!

I am having a real hard time with coming up with costumes for my toon. A little background. She is a teenage school girl who, due to unusual circumstances, finds herself 100 ft tall. In order to live a normal live she is forced to wear armor/gadgets to maintain a normal height. She mainly uses might powers and she was raised on a military/research base.

Below is a template of her body type.

23qx8qq.jpg

Any help in making a costume that would be perfect for her will be greatly appreciated.

Pretty much a mix of armor and clothing or full on power suit or mech style costumes.

Thanks again in advance!

Call me crazy, but I actually like the original costume you have.
    Tjim6oX.png
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree the initial costume is pretty good. Some changes I might make:

1) I would probably swap the bracers for something more tech looking (these are supposed to be growth power inhibiting, not just big shackle things. Maybe Scifi Device on right and Scifi Bracer on left, with inlay pattern glowing. The device one then could represent controls to disable the size inhiniting.

2) I would also consider throwing in the headwear headset to represent monitoring and communication with the research/military handlers that equip / raised her.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    Yeah. This is a very nice costume. Aside of tweaking details, there is no real need for changing it
  • gemknightrangergemknightranger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Costume_Redius_Gemma_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_450061423_zps44a1661d.jpg

flyingfinn - Didn't realize tinypic renamed the file. Thanks for pointing that out. Re-uploaded to Photobucket.

novaninja555 - Thank you for those costumes. I got a few ideas from them and will be incorporating them in the future!

serpinecoh - Sadly since I am using the Jacket Body type it does not allow all bracers to be used. Cannot use the Sci-Fi ones with the jacket. :( I will mess with some headwear to add a headset and maybe a helmet to her. It woulld really fit with her theme.

meedacthunist - I'll mess with the original costume a bit but, I have no idea how to modify it since the Jacket Body type limits the bracers and gloves you could wear. :/

I am glad a lot of people enjoyed the costume I posted. :D
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tis very good

She needs those fat mech type feet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hodgypodgehodgypodge Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Costume_junodark_SchoolgirlGiant_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_453275136_zps579c09ca.jpg

Let me just say I already liked your costume and your concept. I don't work well with templates so I did this from scratch based off your concept - I don't think it's as good as yours, but it's a bit of something different. Anyway, here's my take ;)