Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20140423.1 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 11:30am PDT, 4/24/2014

Release Notes for FC.31.20140423.1:

Preview

• Introduced new "Plus" versions of Energy Surge, Healing Device, Heroic Comeback, and XP Boost. These "Plus" consumables have an area effect when triggered. These will replace existing consumbles in the C-Store and will be sold for the same price. They are available on the Debugger.

• C-Store consumables ( Heroic Might, Energy Surge Plus, Resource Boost, Healing Device Plus, Heroic Comeback Plus, Recovery, Star Refill, Team Ultra Star Refill, Boost Enhancer, XP Boost Plus) are now sold as stacks of single-charge items rather than as nonstacking multi-charge items. In most cases, the stack limit is 999. They are available on the Debugger.

• XP Boost Plus will continuously provide a 20% boost to you and to anyone who enters the boost's range, until they leave the boost's range. This does not override or stack with another player's own XP Boost or XP Boost Plus.

• Alien Hybrid Tights & Mask are available on the Debugger.

• Heroic Mask has been added for all Gold players under Eye Accessories.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where some enemies were dropping too many Questionite Boxes.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Alien Hybrid"? Looks like I have something to check out when I get home.
    Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug where some enemies were dropping too many Questionite Boxes.

Oh, that's going to tick off some people.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

Preview

• Introduced new "Plus" versions of Energy Surge, Healing Device, Heroic Comeback, and XP Boost. These "Plus" consumables have an area effect when triggered. These will replace existing consumbles in the C-Store and will be sold for the same price. They are available on the Debugger.

• C-Store consumables ( Heroic Might, Energy Surge Plus, Resource Boost, Healing Device Plus, Heroic Comeback Plus, Recovery, Star Refill, Team Ultra Star Refill, Boost Enhancer, XP Boost Plus) are now sold as stacks of single-charge items rather than as nonstacking multi-charge items. In most cases, the stack limit is 999. They are available on the Debugger.

• XP Boost Plus will continuously provide a 20% boost to you and to anyone who enters the boost's range, until they leave the boost's range. This does not override or stack with another player's own XP Boost or XP Boost Plus.

• Alien Hybrid Tights & Mask are available on the Debugger.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where some enemies were dropping too many Questionite Boxes.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
    Bug
    Where it happens
    What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.

Wait...Cstore items are going to be AoE now?

*EDIT*
    Thats amazing! Also, meme posting doesn't work for me :(

Edit 2: So....Tights and a mask? I hope the alien hybrid set will have a bit mor than that. Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome...but that ain't much to go on :P
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Upon logging into PTS I acquired two missions. They were Series 1 and Series 2. I posted tickets for each mission through Report Bug. The ticket IDs are #44,947 and #44948.

Does XP Boost Plus stack with gear set XP boost?

Do older versions of these Plus items get updated?

Changing how store consumables is interesting, but players aren't going to want to get these unless all it takes is throwing pennies at it. Whole dollars for consumable items makes the purchase no longer on the whim, but makes players want to think about purchasing to ultimately not buying at all.

The way combat is in this game no one needs these consumables ever. We need more incentive without having to dig too deeply into our Zen wallets for a boost that will hardly be noticed.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    After looking through the C store, there needs to be a heavy pass through prices.

Looking at something as simple as Star Refills the price is absolutely insane considering that you can purchase for a refill for less than 5 minutes of game play rather than up to 600 Zen for a consumable.

There needs to be heavy changes to these items in general to influence players to want to throw their leftover zen on. The alternative to items is costume sets and even character slots considering these silly high prices.

Does PWE/Cryptic want their customers to drain themselves of Zen, or do you just want them to hoard up their stipends to buy permanent items at the same price?
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Edit 2: So....Tights and a mask? I hope the alien hybrid set will have a bit mor than that. Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome...but that ain't much to go on :P

Agreed, it looks awesome in concept, but, its not much to go on. Needs at least a short glove/long glove, short boot/long boot, and a full/partial mask to go with it imo.
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    After looking through the C store, there needs to be a heavy pass through prices.

Looking at something as simple as Star Refills the price is absolutely insane considering that you can purchase for a refill for less than 5 minutes of game play rather than up to 600 Zen for a consumable.

There needs to be heavy changes to these items in general to influence players to want to throw their leftover zen on. The alternative to items is costume sets and even character slots considering these silly high prices.

Does PWE/Cryptic want their customers to drain themselves of Zen, or do you just want them to hoard up their stipends to buy permanent items at the same price?

Well all those boosts last wayy to little. An 1h resource boost is a joke especially at 20%. There is nothing in this game that farming it for 1h would net you enough to warrant the purchase. In this case both a % increase in time and gain are needed.

They need to review each of those items individually since some are not worth jack ...... >_>

Oh and I hope they don't indent to pass the new costume pieces as a SET...that would be a joke. The only thing new with this set is the MASK. The tights are meh and can be replaces by a number of other options if need be.

(where is the rest of the costume set?)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    nightr0d wrote: »
    Well all those boosts last wayy to little. An 1h resource boost is a joke especially at 20%. There is nothing in this game that farming it for 1h would net you enough to warrant the purchase. In this case both a % increase in time and gain are needed.

They need to review each of those items individually since some are not worth jack ...... >_>

Agreed, if they increased the xp buff to be at least 100%, than it would be worth it. Of course, thats just my opinion.
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I foun when I logged I got a message saying aquired mission Series 1, and aquired mission series 2 what are these?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    I foun when I logged I got a message saying aquired mission Series 1, and aquired mission series 2 what are these?

Good question, as I did not receive those missiosn when I logged onto the pts.
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    soulforger wrote: »
    Good question, as I did not receive those missiosn when I logged onto the pts.

Technically I only got the messges, nothing was in my log
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Huh, still no power fixes. I may check out the tights at some point.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Heroic Mask is now unlocked in the PTS tailor under Eye Accessory.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug: Alien Hybrid Tights - Default Material
    What: Chest Tights default to cloth, Leg Tights Default to Metal
    Where: Tailor

Also: nice start but as noted by others needs to be more complete, at least matching short gloves, boots/feet if it is intended to be used under other items like clothes, also need a full or partial mask to carry the "muscle" texture onto the next - cut off is too distracting with any skin or tights combination available (to me on pts) - shouldnt have to hide seams with accessories if wanting to use full set as base to other things.

Bug: Alien Hybrid Tights - Default Model
    What: When selecting Alien Hybrid Tights Under Beast Legs Category - uses human leg model - needs to be available using Beast Leg Model

Bug: Alien Hybrid Tights - Chest Missing
    What: Chest Tights Not Available under Integrated Shoulders, Robotic, Robotic Left, Robotic Right

Bug: Alien Hybrid Tights - Legs Missing / Clipping
    What: Leg Tights Available under Robotic, Robotic Left, Robotic Right however legs portion of tights not replaced by dual robot legs, left robot leg or right robot leg (as applicable) rather robot legs clip through tights. While this clipping can be useful, having ability to have true robot leg option with tights would be more useful i believe
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    VnbfdBd.png

I think it's okay. I'd say not make the mask a 'mouth accessory'. It also clips on the sides a bit.

Are you guys planning to add more? The tights and mask are cool and all, but I couldn't see spending $5.00 on three parts. I'm looking forward to seeing what else gets added.

EDIT

I'm not sure how I feel about the 'torn' layer. The underlayer is fine, could use a bit more detail... but the 'torn' parts should look more liquid/stretched rather than 'torn garbage bag'.
  • Options
    orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like the idea, but can we please get matching feet, gloves, and facemask. The whole thing has a "your skin is ripping away to show a robot underneath it" feel to it. And we need those 3 other items to make a full look. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The costume set, having the mask under mouth accessories allows for some complete and utter silly nonsense:biggrin:. The tights are rather well designed, really liking the pattern, but the pieces feel a little thin on the ground, as in no boots, gloves, chest peice, belt/hips, leg accessory, gloves and bracers, I hope that the mask and tights are not the whole set, otherwise it'd be a huge disappointment, and not quite value for money.

Also the smoke aura don't quite colour, which is lame.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug ? : "Heroic Mask" is now available under eye accessories for females. (didn't check males)

Might be from Firewing.

Also : smoke aura will be a must buy IF it's made so you leave behind a trail of smoke. Right now it looks like you carry your little smoke cloud around and looks weird, and not like smoke.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Bug ? : "Heroic Mask" is now available under eye accessories for females. (didn't check males)

Might be from Firewing.

Considering its not on live and wasn't there in the last PTS patch, it isn't.
  • Options
    jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think that they picked mouth for the mask because other mouth parts seemed like the least likely part for a combination. I could see it as an eye part, but not as headwear, top, or side.

I get the impression that there is going to be some sort of mask head ware type thing to go with it, based on the edges. Then you could use the face with other headwear, or the headwear with other faces.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Might be from Firewing.

Also : smoke aura will be a must buy IF it's made so you leave behind a trail of smoke. Right now it looks like you carry your little smoke cloud around and looks weird, and not like smoke.
    lordgar wrote: »

Heroic Mask has been added for all Gold players under Eye Accessories.

I don't know why they added that piece or if it's part of something else coming later, but it's part of the release notes.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ah. My bad for not reading the patch notes.. It's a weird one anyway.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yay for AoE cash shop buffs. The energy one is still pretty useless. Maybe if it was energy restoration over time... no, I still doubt it would be worth buying. I'm going to suggest selling stacks of 10 for $1. I wouldn't consider any of this stuff all that powerful and some of them are lame.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    Yay for AoE cash shop buffs. The energy one is still pretty useless. Maybe if it was energy restoration over time... no, I still doubt it would be worth buying. I'm going to suggest selling stacks of 10 for $1. I wouldn't consider any of this stuff all that powerful and some of them are lame.

Yes that price sounds much better. Or even just sell them 10 Zen a piece. Nickle and dime us to death.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just some additional recommendations for the costume after looking through it again and testing it with what few things I could (this really needs to be fixed- I really want to see this mixed with Roin'esh parts and other insect pieces).

1- We lack tails, so a 'Somewhat Xenomorph' tail would be a welcome addition, with a stinger/stabber tail.

2- Some bio-luminescence would enhance the tights, as would giving the 'torn' material a 'goopy' appearance, like some kind of rubbery tissue stretched over the underlayer.

3- the mask's 'bone/chitin' appearance would work well over the costume, so having a nice bracer and short glove with some of this 'bone/chitin' would be pretty cool. Perhaps even something segmented over the fingers to give them a 'lobstered' gauntlet appearance. I also recommend throwing some of this on as a 'belt accessory' as an armor for sides of the hip/pelvis.

4- Make a variant of the mask (and any additional parts in this vein) that is smoother and without the 'cracked' details.

5- Take note of the 'sword' used by Karkadons in Lemuria and other levels- that would be a nice weapon to throw in, a sort of 'grown organic blade' from a bio-tech alien civilization. Other weapons could also fall into this, especially some kind of 'alien hunter bow'.

6- There should be something kind of alien-creepy for the back, perhaps additional 'talon-arms' with a spidery appearance.

7- Idea for an aura? SLIME.

Right now I'm looking at it and thinking of making a weird 'Necro-ninja' or maybe an outright necromancer, but if interesting weapons are paired off with it, there's no telling. I've also been kicking around a 'alien assassin' idea.

In reference to the 'hero mask'... is there any way we can get this with lenses?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This costume looks like it has synergy with the Roin'esh set.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Roin'esh are returning!!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ignengiignengi Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    The Roin'esh are returning!!!!

Whiteout part 2!?!
  • Options
    ace10007ace10007 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Perhaps some boost can be added to be avaiable in 10packs from drifter. similar to the foxbat creds he was able to sell.

Additionaly why not just add to the drifter a token conversion for others. Like for example Nemesis tokens.

Ingame under @AceMcCloud1007 leader of Heavy Artillery.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is interesting, because it appears this is all ground work, first scifi soldier, now alien hybrid. Perhaps we're getting new content? If we are make it a zone, please no alerts, please.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is interesting, because it appears this is all ground work, first scifi soldier, now alien hybrid. Perhaps we're getting new content? If we are make it a zone, please no alerts, please.

I keep hoping that's the plan. A Roin'esh themed adventure of some sort would be awesome. Maybe a "crash zone" or something!

Not really feedback - but a man can dream!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    At the very least, it'd be nice if it was permanent mission content.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    So far no update. Hopefully it'll be released with more than mask and tights.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ace10007 wrote: »
    Perhaps some boost can be added to be avaiable in 10packs from drifter. similar to the foxbat creds he was able to sell.

Additionaly why not just add to the drifter a token conversion for others. Like for example Nemesis tokens.

One thing to keep in mind:

STO has powerups like these but they cost 1 Lobi (their version of Drifter Salvage) each to buy. So they're not Zen items at all, and just some way to get rid of a pocket change worth of Lobi for some reason.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    So why aren't they becoming the same thing? Or does Cryptic think we'll spend money on anything?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I wonder if the reason for the lack of an update is because they are working on something big.
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wonder if the reason for the lack of an update is because they are working on something big.
    one can only hope
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2014

They are getting ready to release Bug fixes and an update to the Hero Games :redface:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    amyjia wrote: »
    They are getting ready to release Bug fixes and an update to the Hero Games :redface:

Is that what you are hoping for or do you have proof?
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Loyal fans want to know.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    They are obviously working on more costume sets to sell or release in game somehow and the next lockbox with event tied to it.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    amyjia wrote: »

this-made-me-laugh-too-hard_o_1055067.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Weird. Don't we see like... 2 or 3 PTS updates over a week's time?
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's likely something they don't want out in the wild yet.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The new consumables simply aren't good enough for the price point, like so many other C-Store items.

If the prices were cut, generally, by 20%, I believe that the store would make more money in the long run.

But the consumables, especially, are too expensive. The game is too easy for many folks to need the boosts, and XP bonuses don't help max level toons.

These new items are kinda pointless, sorry.

:(

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    maybe they should increase the number of items in the stacks and keep price the same? so heroic recovery 10 pack would still be ~900 zen but it would have 30 of them or something. more at any rate.

People are more willing to spend low prices rather than force to spend the cost of a few meals for many meaningless items in game.

Make them charge super small for single uses.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It's likely something they don't want out in the wild yet.

I have a new theory.

They took all the Design-A-Costume submissions, jumped ship, and went off to make a new game.

/me snicker
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OK, time to weigh in on this one.

Most people do not, in my experiences, even need consumables in CO. For those that do, however, they should be(both Z-Store and ingame) more appealing(that doesn't mean OP). So, here's my proposal.

1. Cut the CD Timer on Ingame Healing items to 12s like it is in NW. For those who do not need these things there will be no change. For those who do, the current CD Systems are too long in my opinion. The more people are using these things the faster they will run out and the more likely they are, if they liked the stuff, to restock. This, as others have suggested, would also allow you to drop the pricepoint so it is more of a "Checkout Line Impulse Purchase" and less of a "It costs how much?" item. Keys are roughly(your country may vary) about a buck a pop and they are, IMO, more useful in the grand scheme of the game than these consumables(and that's even if you don't use them to open lockboxes)

2. Set Z-Store healing items on a seperate CD than Ingame ones. This means that if you shell out a few bucks for some Z-Store healing items you can use them when you could not use something like a stout you picked up from a vendor. This, IMO, makes them more appealing.

3. All consumables in the game stack to at least 100....Z-Store consumables stack to 999.

4. You really want people considering all this extra junk vs. other better(imo) options for device slots? It's about time to add device slots to the game(for free to encourage these purchases). As it stands now there are some pretty powerful things competing with device slots that aren't some heal pot I bought from the Z-Store. Recall, Vehicles 2.0 just hit so the playerbase has already been heavily encouraged to use one of those slots for a vehicle(and some people, not me, use more than one slot for these things). Honestly, these things would have to be pretty darned impressive to get me to unslot my ping pong gun as it stands now.

Moar slots = Moar options = your stuff gets considered. :cool:

Ok, that's my take on stuff.
    2s9bzbq.jpg