test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Contest Commentary

Comments

• meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    Just one last quick submission.
    This is great, but I'd change one thing to make it more appealing.

Head on the concept is made as a one piece full helmet? I'd change it to something being made as a head gear and one new head type plus one mask. This way this helmet could be used with more character concepts.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is great, but I'd change one thing to make it more appealing.

Head on the concept is made as a one piece full helmet? I'd change it to something being made as a head gear and one new head type plus one mask. This way this helmet could be used with more character concepts.

I had a similar idea for my submission where you would have a base Mecha/Robot head and then you would build on top using:

- top accessory
    - side accessory
    - mouth accessory
    etc...

Not that the full helmet is bad in any way...it's great. :cool:
    edited April 2014
    So far the glow wings are cool.

Also, that Gurren Lagann (?) figure? My friend that shut down his hobby shop had some of those Revoltech figures, and I bought them from him for like... $100. I got that one, a white one similar to him, two 'Assemble Borg' dudes, and Optimus Prime and Starscream. Very cool figures, enough so that I ordered Raiden and Snake.

They are cool :D. When it comes to Eastern style mecha/power armor there is such a vast variety it's amazing. I would definitely want more of that in CO. Well except for the chest piece since that's basically the signature of the series and would most likely be a copyright issue.

Just added an alternative helmet per request. Hope everyone likes it. Good luck to everyone!

I like it a lot, it's awesome :D. Now if you take requests/suggestions would you maybe add some more sleek looking parts? I mean like the second picture in my submission (I meanthe second one in the main submission thread).

Oh btw you could draw some more inspiration from:

Detonator Orgun
    e0095400_4f452b3e9e9f3.jpg

OR one of my personal favorite Tekkaman Blade:

hr-tekkaman_00280777.jpg

They seem similar in concept to yours so you could flesh things out or maybe get more ideas.
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh don't get me wrong, I dug your costume. I'm not sure they have the tech for it, but it would sick if instead of just 'wood' there was also a 'meat' option. That throbbed like a heartbeat while the eyeball blinked and looked around.

My next character I plan on rolling is going to be a sick screwed up mutant monster, but you're right- we don't have a lot of options. I would like to see more crustacean-ish ones rather than 'ugly humanoid' or 'cliche demonoid' or 'flat bug'. I also think the below image I shared elsewhere would be a good reference.

HsjScqJ.png

I probably shouldn't advise this, but I have friends in your situation. This is what you can do. Buddy up with someone, get to know them. See if they're willing to spot you a gamecard code in exchange for various in-game items. It's technically against the TOS, but I've bought friends of mine gamecards. If you want to be a pal and 'return the favor', and it just so happens that he needs something in game that you can provide, I personally don't consider that trading in-game items for money, that's just buddies hooking each other up.

I wouldn't advertise it in zone, though.

Otherwise, if you're in a spot like Gamestop or something you can probably snag a $5-$10 PWE card. I know, of all the baffling places, on Fort Hood at the troop store where I get coffee they have PWE cards and those are the ones I grab up. You'd be surprised- I have seen them in Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and a few other places.

Sorry that I just used the entire thing to quote... I am still kinda new to quotes. Anyways. Yes I suppose that flesh would look great! I will add that in! Thanks! The first thing I kinda thought about was wood cuz I once wanted to build a large tree guardian but found tht there was only ONE costume set that looked like it and it was not too bad. So I thought about some ideas regarding wood. Then, I wondered about different accessories and remembered that stuff like body part overloading hasn't been used yet. So I started off with a creepy eye and it turned into this. I always wanted an arrowhead as a head though and name myself arrowhead :P... Hence this costume. I posted 2 new sets just in case it was tough to make.

As for the second part, THANKS! I never knew this happened around and maybe I will spot some good friend. I have a gd friend who gets me a key once in a while to help me out. Never knew about game cards though... I always thought zen was boosted usin direct credit card action! Thanks! What's ur handle btw? I wanna add u in game. Mine is @purpulius (add backslasher@purpulius)

Where do you get game cards btw? Do u buy it outside or in-game?

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • necratech009necratech009 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sorry everyone, I would do more requests and stuff but I am very sick today. I barely finished that costume set. But I do want to wish everyone good luck. So many great ideas. I think we will all be winners. :cool:
    Also, I love those examples. Just fyi I am japanese and grew up on all those cartoons.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok, I did it. I'm done. WOW I am rusty at this kinda thing...and to top it off when I did used to do this kinda thing it was mostly sprite art so thumbnails were thumb sized. I had to work a little bit larger than I am used to doing. I hope you all like it. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Woah! So many people with awesome costumes. The dev said they had choose the 5 costumes they think they can deliver and that are interesting. From the looks of it, I don't think any of my 4 submissions are going to get selected :( .... Dammit! I just wanted enough Zen to get a new AT!!!!

:frown:

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • theghosthacktheghosthack Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Woah! So many people with awesome costumes. The dev said they had choose the 5 costumes they think they can deliver and that are interesting. From the looks of it, I don't think any of my 4 submissions are going to get selected :( .... Dammit! I just wanted enough Zen to get a new AT!!!!

farm dat Q, son!
    edited April 2014

Think about it though, the better the costume the more we all profit from this.

Cryptic gets more $$$ from purchases and is more likely to do something like this again

We (the player base) get a nice new costume set.

My only gripe is that THEY select those 5 ones not US. Based on some of the past costume sets the things they like/want to make and find interesting are not always things people actually want to buy. Thus they might shoot themselves in the foot through this.

I think they should only remove the costumes which they can't deliver for tech reasons and leave all the other ones up for voting. The TOP 5 thing is too biased towards what they like compared to what the community wants.
    edited April 2014
    nightr0d wrote: »
    Think about it though, the better the costume the more we all profit from this.

Cryptic gets more $$$ from purchases and is more likely to do something like this again

We (the player base) get a nice new costume set.

My only gripe is that THEY select those 5 ones not US. Based on some of the past costume sets the things they like/want to make and find interesting are not always things people actually want to buy. Thus they might shoot themselves in the foot through this.

I think they should only remove the costumes which they can't deliver for tech reasons and leave all the other ones up for voting. The TOP 5 thing is too biased towards what they like compared to what the community wants.

Perhaps.
    Not trying to be a pesky bombardier here but can you see my submissions and tell me if I stand even a 3% chance?
    (Pg 14 & 16 )

~me
    edited April 2014

I disagree...
    the reality is, there are a lot of factors that go into making these sets, both in terms of mechanics and resources.
    by limiting the choice to 5, the development team are able to select the 5 "best of all possible worlds" options (i.e. the ones that fit their criteria for costume sets in general (uniqueness/marketability) and yet are not difficult/costly or outside the realm of possibility to produce.)

Also, by allowing the voting to only occur among 5 options, they make it highly unlikely that the winner will succeed with out a sizable percentage of the votes (less dispersion with fewer options)
    AND it means they can provide rewards to "runner ups" along a clearly defined metric of success (i.e. you made it to the finals, good job!.... rather than you submitted something that can actually be made in the game, Good job!)

at the end of the day, they didn't have to have a contest at all, didn't have to take submissions at all... their rules are FAR from unreasonable or biased
    (as to your concern: we would have had to submit costume suggestions that "specifically appealed" to whatever Developer bias you believe exists, for the devs to cherry pick submissions that conform to their sensibilities, and regardless.... the developers are STILL just using our submissions "as inspiration", so any bias you think exists would show itself in the finished product no matter how big the pool of suggestions was.)

There is no point in nay-saying the contest, or generating what-if hypothetical alternatives to the contest. It is what it is. Don't like it, don't partake...
    ...Me, personally.. I'd rather enjoy the opprotunity and hope for a desirable outcome
    edited April 2014
    Perhaps.
    Not trying to be a pesky bombardier here but can you see my submissions and tell me if I stand even a 3% chance?
    (Pg 14 & 16 )

Nova..... Che Sera, Sera....

enjoy the game, if you want Zen, and can't/don't want to buy it...

WORK FOR IT.
    it's not hard.

If the contest works out in your favor, GREAT.... but there is no way to determine a statistical probability, because NO ONE KNOWS what the developers may/may not like.... and we have almost no idea what the general community would vote on beyond that.

so, we have a ZERO PERCENT chance of knowing "if you stand even a 3% chance"
    anyone who says otherwise, is arrogant, or lying.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    At first, I was like...
    Numaman really set a high standard with that immediate submission. Such turnaround speed!

I'm impressed Cryptic North is holding this, it's a huge effort to "let us design something".

I wish to declare my idea, which I'm researching now and will try to draw later:

The Hollywood Set. You're already a superhero, but I can make you into a superSTAR.

I'm still brainstorming, but I aim to include: props, glamour, hairstyles, shoes...even a weapon.

This is not to "reserve" the idea, but just to show I didn't steal the idea from someone else.

(I'm aware there is a Hollywood Hero. WONDERful as he is, that's NOT what I'm going for.)

But then...
    Hollywood%20Treatment.jpg?psid=1

My entry's at: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4114581&postcount=162

I reckon I made it in time. Althought it's April 22 in my timezone, I'm pretty sure it's still April 21 in the States. I had to resort to a quick colour pencil sketch as I was on a trip to Beijing. I worked on this mostly while I was there...and on a plane.

It was pretty crazy, I ran to a bookstore right before it closed just to buy the materials. I started doodling in what I reckoned was a fashion design style, then realised it was more a Bruce Timm style, and kept on going with that.

For those of you that drew your entries, you use Tablets? Like a Waccom or Surface? I didn't like how things looked when I scanned them, and I actually ended up using my phone's camera and adjusted brightness/contrast in post-production.

The goal was to learn the best practices of how the new Hollywood comic films updated traditional costume designs. The theme is not my ideas for what'd be cool; the theme is YOUR hero in his or her own Hollywood blockbuster.

And I hope to see you on the Red Carpet. Oh man, am I knackered.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
    edited April 2014
    I disagree...
    the reality is, there are a lot of factors that go into making these sets, both in terms of mechanics and resources.
    by limiting the choice to 5, the development team are able to select the 5 "best of all possible worlds" options (i.e. the ones that fit their criteria for costume sets in general (uniqueness/marketability) and yet are not difficult/costly or outside the realm of possibility to produce.)

Also, by allowing the voting to only occur among 5 options, they make it highly unlikely that the winner will succeed with out a sizable percentage of the votes (less dispersion with fewer options)
    AND it means they can provide rewards to "runner ups" along a clearly defined metric of success (i.e. you made it to the finals, good job!.... rather than you submitted something that can actually be made in the game, Good job!)

at the end of the day, they didn't have to have a contest at all, didn't have to take submissions at all... their rules are FAR from unreasonable or biased
    (as to your concern: we would have had to submit costume suggestions that "specifically appealed" to whatever Developer bias you believe exists, for the devs to cherry pick submissions that conform to their sensibilities, and regardless.... the developers are STILL just using our submissions "as inspiration", so any bias you think exists would show itself in the finished product no matter how big the pool of suggestions was.)

There is no point in nay-saying the contest, or generating what-if hypothetical alternatives to the contest. It is what it is. Don't like it, don't partake...
    ...Me, personally.. I'd rather enjoy the opprotunity and hope for a desirable outcome

Don't you think you went a little overboard here? Srly?

You know, before you start writing it's always best to read things a couple of time otherwise you miss thing like:

"I think they should only remove the costumes which they can't deliver for tech reasons and leave all the other ones up for voting."

Regarding your second paragraph. It makes no difference. A winner is still a winner not matter the nr. of votes. What does it matter if one won with a 20% or a 5% lead? A the end of the day if they want to give out stuff for runner ups they still can.

Regarding your third paragraph. The bias is because THEY pick first and then US. I'm not talking about removing the ones they can't do for "tech" reasons I'm talking about all the other costumes that are viable yet they did not pick them to be one of the top 5. Thus, creating a bias in terms of who wins. This is made for US to buy and as such should reflect that properly. If they pick first then we get to chose among the 5 options they chose. As such, the actual winner might not even be among their top 5 since they did not consider it while WE (the community) would have. It's quite simple to see, I don't know what else to say about it.

Also, what's with the "they don't have to do this bla bla bla..." argument? What does it have to do with my concern? I was talking about my concern and you somehow took it way to personal.
    edited April 2014
    [
    I reckon I made it in time.

Don't worry about the submission. If past contest have shown anything is that they are not strict on the submission date at all. It's Easter anyways + I'm sure they have other priorities than to look at who submitted at what time :P. Genneraly submissions will close when the thread is closed. :wink:
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For those of you that drew your entries, you use Tablets? Like a Waccom or Surface? I didn't like how things looked when I scanned them, and I actually ended up using my phone's camera and adjusted brightness/contrast in post-production.

Personally, I find it a ton easier to sketch on paper than on tablet. I sketched on paper and then scanned to add shading and highlights and color. I was pretty rushed, so I didn't ink, but I would have done that by hand (preferably) or on the Wacom tablet in Photoshop.

@cybersoldier: dang it, our entries are so similar, but yours is so much better represented! I love how the Roman numerals look on that. Good job to both you and meeda!
    biffsig.jpg
  • swedenspeedwayswedenspeedway Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh ehm, hello!

I would give a shirt review on the Hollywood hero set becase frankly I love the idea!

...but I am way tired and terribly shy so I'll wait till I've woken up..

In the mean time, good luck! Oh and please give some words about my set, The Blind Rangef, if you wish!
    edited April 2014

I still have other things to draw and color, so I did my entries in a simple way. Sketched on paper, then scanned and adjusted with levels. Only colors were made digitally with tablet. I wanted them done quickly, so they are kinda rushed.
    @cybersoldier: dang it, our entries are so similar, but yours is so much better represented! I love how the Roman numerals look on that. Good job to both you and meeda!
    Look at transformable weapon in Variable Robot. :biggrin:
    Though yours is much more developed.

Yes, few of the submitted designs turned out to be similar even if basic concept was different. It would be wise to consider kitbashing some ideas for use in the future.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I think the game deserves more 'simple' plating and less bulky armor. Simple plating can accent damn near any type of costume without destroying it. And yes, me and you are on the same sheet of music- we need 'hard' partial masks and full masks with little details we can add numeral-wise.

And originally, I wasn't designing tights but Meeda's idea makes for some pretty sweet tights.

On top of that, the Roman Numeral thing? I was suprised CO didn't have any numbers. I checked last night. Not only that, but our letters are apparently in Comic Sans font, and I'm also baffled as to why there aren't alternate fonts for them.
  • swedenspeedwayswedenspeedway Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, uhmn.

The Blind Ranger Costume set. Any comments?

Any critic is acceptable!
    edited April 2014
    I like its medieval feel. I think it would be better with great/barrel/pot helm included.
    edited April 2014
    Look at transformable weapon in Variable Robot. :biggrin:
    Though yours is much more developed.

Yes, few of the submitted designs turned out to be similar even if basic concept was different. It would be wise to consider kitbashing some ideas for use in the future.

SUNUVA! I completely missed that, and I'd seen your entry, too.
    I think the game deserves more 'simple' plating and less bulky armor. Simple plating can accent damn near any type of costume without destroying it. And yes, me and you are on the same sheet of music- we need 'hard' partial masks and full masks with little details we can add numeral-wise.

And originally, I wasn't designing tights but Meeda's idea makes for some pretty sweet tights.

On top of that, the Roman Numeral thing? I was suprised CO didn't have any numbers. I checked last night. Not only that, but our letters are apparently in Comic Sans font, and I'm also baffled as to why there aren't alternate fonts for them.

Definitely playing to the judges on mine, so I tried to make something that had as much universal appeal, just like you did. I wanted to add more to the bulkier armor parts, like a subligar, leg detail, and belt accessories, but I was running out of time. Basically I'm aiming for something that people could pick and choose one or two parts for their costumes; something that would work well with other sets, so I kept the design basic.

Anyway, I think it's funny how similar we thought on this one, considering how different our thoughts on comics are. :biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Definitely playing to the judges on mine, so I tried to make something that had as much universal appeal, just like you did. I wanted to add more to the bulkier armor parts, like a subligar, leg detail, and belt accessories, but I was running out of time. Basically I'm aiming for something that people could pick and choose one or two parts for their costumes; something that would work well with other sets, so I kept the design basic.

Anyway, I think it's funny how similar we thought on this one, considering how different our thoughts on comics are. :biggrin:

Oh, I won't lie... a little 'Voltroning' of ideas wouldn't hurt.

The honest truth is I see a lot of the costumes submitted, in the same vein, that should be Voltron'd together to create a bigger set. They could divide any rewards up or something, I don't know. I do know most of the people in this contest aren't even in it for the reward- they just want to see their ideas used. If Cryptic didn't offer the Zen/AF award, I doubt the result would be any different.

As to 'combining costume entries', I personally don't like paying $5 for one set with a mountain of pieces and options (like Retro-Sci-fi, that was a pretty good deal) and then turning around and paying the same price for one that has half the options available.

EDIT:

I would strongly recommend that Cryptic North Developers consider a 'Design a Weapons Pack' contest. It could probably not even offer any rewards and would still get this same level of support.

Ideally, you would submit a weapons pack with a weapon in each category, or at least most of them. For example:

If you were to make an 'Alien Weapons' pack, you would need a melee weapon, heavy weapon, pistol, SMG, rifle, sniper rifle, sonic pistol, energy rifle, and heavy gun. Some weapons could fill multiple roles and use the same model.
    edited April 2014
    A weapon pack would be totally cool. Also I totally wouldn't mind if several ideas from similar entries were used to create one big, cool set.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited April 2014
    A weapon pack would be totally cool. Also I totally wouldn't mind if several ideas from similar entries were used to create one big, cool set.

I've been saying that they should knuckle down and make the weapons packs by theme.

Alien Weapons, Futuristic Weapons, Contemporary Weapons, Apocalyptic Weapons, Antique Weapons, Anime Weapons...

You could sell them for the same price as a comic pack and you would sell the hell out of them. (Plus it would be easier for out-of-practice artists like me. I can go grab graph paper and go nuts)
    edited April 2014
    I'd probably fill first submission with tons of Medieval blades (and a few more hilarious ones from Antiquity), and a second one with antiques like Webley, Mauser or Peacemaker.
  • terrarelicterrarelic Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sadly too late to submit thanks to

Hello terrarelic, Please note that, for a short period of time after account creation, posting new threads is disabled. You will still, however, be able to post replies on already-existing threads as you like. After this probationary period, you'll be able to create threads as normal. Thank you! -The Champions Online Team

none the less here was the submittal.

agZwi7F.png

Cyber Rebel Costume Design

This set carries elements similar to the costume of Jack from Mass Effect 3

Head > Hairstyle

Hair is styled into a topknot that rests about temple-level at the back of the head. Sides are shaved and have light stubble, save for 1 inch strip separating stubble from topknot. Decorate 1 inch strip with circuitry design tattoo’s. Color patterns are: Primary hair and stubble, Secondary topknot tie, Tertiary tattoos

Head > Side Accessories

Each ear is pierced 4 times: 1 in the lobe, 1 midway up, and 2 studs at the top crest of the ear

Body > Chest and Arms

Body is wrapped in single piece clothing, crossing body in zig-zag motion over figure. Wrap starts at neck, crosses over collarbone and connects to brassier style top. Straps continue to wrap around, emerging from back of brassier to wrap around hips and down into front of pants. Showing areas are covered in tattoos with very few bare patches. Colors are: Primary cloth, Secondary buckles at both neck and beneath cleavage, Tertiary and Quaternary are tattoos

Body > Chest Wear

Button up half jacket comes down to bottom of ribcage, long sleeves down to wrists. Forearm area is wrapped and tight against arm. Material is studded leather. Colors are: Primary jacket, Secondary buttons and studs, Tertiary wrap color

Body > Belt

Thick belt, buckle slightly offset from center. Extra straps loop down over pocket areas on each side. Colors are: Primary belt, Secondary buckle, Tertiary loops (optional)

Legs > Pants

Baggy cargo, camouflage pattern. Sides down to just above knee are open, revealing thighs. Leg straps wrap around pants just above knee. Two types, tucked (for boots) or free hanging. Colors are: Primary layer 1 of camo, Secondary layer 2 of camo, Tertiary layer 3 of camo, Quaternary leg straps

Legs > Boots

Thick soled boots, conforming to shape of the leg. Disks at ankles hold bar in place over joint of foot. Boots as tall as knee, where inner layer acts as knee-pad with disks on sides of knee. Outer layer of boot is armor plated from ankle to knee, pulling away from knee in an arc and stopping at height of kneepad. Colors are: Primary boot color, Secondary disks, Tertiary knee pads, Quaternary armor plates
    edited April 2014
    My artwork is soo sucky , I have completely given up on any form of actual superhero costume.... I am gonna go chimera :D

~me
    edited April 2014
    Lol thread's been closed.... But wait, what!!! Results on Friday??? I thought tomorrow!!!

I clearly missed the dates for voting! Dang it! So i am left hanging for 4 days wondering what the results would be.

~me
  • grifkittengrifkitten Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Late or not here's my basic drawing or a costume concept.
    The grey is metal, and the brown and black is leather.
    The pale yellow/white is skin. The costume isn't made of skin, mind you. lol.

strapGirl.jpg
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lol thread's been closed.... But wait, what!!! Results on Friday??? I thought tomorrow!!!

I clearly missed the dates for voting! Dang it! So i am left hanging for 4 days wondering what the results would be.

The Facebook voting is later. They have 4 days to decide what are the top five costume to be put into that voting.
    edited April 2014
    grifkitten wrote: »
    Late or not here's my basic drawing or a costume concept.
    The grey is metal, and the brown and black is leather.
    The pale yellow/white is skin. The costume isn't made of skin, mind you. lol.

strapGirl.jpg

Nice idea! But maybe CO should try armor that looks like a patch of skin growing on a human :P

~me
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014

If you're in US or Europe, you can get a free savage AT, ok on a new silver acct, from Alienware
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2014

You will do your best farming Questionite. ATs aren't that expensive, if you really want one.

You know, some people here farmed enough Q for few FF slots (but that's rather extreme).

I doubt if anyone here entered contest for Zen. Zen can be bought, AFs are nothing really big. On the other hand, having costume of your inspiration ingame? That's something.
    edited April 2014
    You will do your best farming Questionite. ATs aren't that expensive, if you really want one.

You know, some people here farmed enough Q for few FF slots (but that's rather extreme).

I doubt if anyone here entered contest for Zen. Zen can be bought, AFs are nothing really big. On the other hand, having costume of your inspiration ingame? That's something.

^ x 9000

I did not even know there was a prize and even now that I know I don't care. Getting an awesome costume set is worth more than any Zen.

I hope they actually use the submissions and make more than 1 costume set from them. It would be a shame considering how awesome some of those submissions are.
    edited April 2014

I believe I already made a post earlier why it is close to impossible for me to farm Qt...

~me
    edited April 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    If you're in US or Europe, you can get a free savage AT, ok on a new silver acct, from Alienware

Can you send me the link? I am not in US or Eu but I can some friends to help me get.... Or is it possible for you to send over the redeem code? I can tell u my email address....

Please! I am desperate for the savage AT!

~me
    edited April 2014
    Here:

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/champions-online-ffa-game-bundle-key-giveaway

But Chaelk was mistaken, It's the Devastator given for free, not the Savage.
    edited April 2014
    Here:

http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/champions-online-ffa-game-bundle-key-giveaway

But Chaelk was mistaken, It's the Devastator given for free, not the Savage.

Oh, that one... I received that one from a kind soul in-game who sent me a key

Champs I am desperate for ( in order of priority) :

The Invincible
    The Savage
    The Void
    The Mountain

P.s. I really want my watcher costume in game as well! If I had wanted only the zen and not a great costume, I could have perhaps created some preppy, non-creative costume. My cyber nix costume is my largest fantasy though. I have always wanted a costume like that for like 7 years... And yes, I really want anti-gravity legs as a part of the new costume set, with a digital eye. My Retrobot costume set is one i have always wanted to see on a power armor. Imagine it like this:
    A: oh my god it's a cute robot!
    Retrobot: Cute? I hope you find missiles cute! *fires em missiles*

~me
    edited April 2014
    Oh, that one... I received that one from a kind soul in-game who sent me a key

Champs I am desperate for ( in order of priority) :

The Invincible
    The Savage
    The Void
    The Mountain

P.s. I really want my watcher costume in game as well! If I had wanted only the zen and not a great costume, I could have perhaps created some preppy, non-creative costume. My cyber nix costume is my largest fantasy though. I have always wanted a costume like that for like 7 years... And yes, I really want anti-gravity legs as a part of the new costume set, with a digital eye. My Retrobot costume set is one i have always wanted to see on a power armor. Imagine it like this:
    A: oh my god it's a cute robot!
    Retrobot: Cute? I hope you find missiles cute! *fires em missiles*

Hence, the lack of any preppy, non-creative entries! Cuz everyone wants a great costume! And yes, I did take offence to be put on a sword's edge that I do not want a good costume!

~me
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the insight of how we're still drawing/inking by hand, colouring digitally.

Y'know, tech salespeople always say it's all done digitally, I knew they were lying.

To the late entries, have you PM'd Trailturtle or DwightMC? I know the deadline was April 21, but it did -not- say what hour, so one may assume it's midnight. TT closed the thread when he was about to leave the office. That made for an ambiguous cut-off point.

You worked hard for your entries, at least send a message if you haven't already.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
    edited April 2014
    Y'know, tech salespeople always say it's all done digitally, I knew they were lying.
    Well, they were right. Technically.

Ideally, initial sketches also are made with tablet. But then, if you are just shooting for ideas, to set visual directions, you'll also have some spare paper and a pencil to scribble ideas when you're not near of your computer.
    Sometimes it is faster to just skan these scribbles and tweak them digitally.

It should be also noted that final concept arts and model sheets (as were sometimes shown in CoV/H, CO or STO) are an effect of a rather lengthy process and tons of sketches that were shown to, and then some accepted and some rejected, by whoever is in charge of artistic direction.

These are always done digitally.

That's about concept art. Which is quite different artistic field than illustration.

Illustrations for books and comic books have no hard set rules. Some illustrators prefer paper, pencil and analog color, some work entirely in digital medium, some are mixing techniques.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had some Really Cool Tights! sketches done, but i got lazy.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • patrickty5patrickty5 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I really do think Champions should do a spider costume set. People love the tech and all, but we only get new tech pieces. If your going to pick a costume please don't make it all teched out.Just try some like what you did with the classic hero tights. Something like that if you ever go for a Spiderman costume set. And as @Hope1 stated it's a nice thought, not to mention the new spiderman movie. He is right, do the spider costume set.
    edited April 2014
    patrickty5 wrote: »
    I really do think Champions should do a spider costume set. People love the tech and all, but we only get new tech pieces. t.

Can you tell me the last 5 costume sets we got, and why they are 'techy'? Because I count ONE since the power armor in 2012.
    edited April 2014
    patrickty5 wrote: »
    I really do think Champions should do a spider costume set. People love the tech and all, but we only get new tech pieces. If your going to pick a costume please don't make it all teched out.Just try some like what you did with the classic hero tights. Something like that if you ever go for a Spiderman costume set. And as @Hope1 stated it's a nice thought, not to mention the new spiderman movie. He is right, do the spider costume set.

I disagree. The spider one (while nice) is too specific and thus limits what can be done with it.

That set has basically 2 filters/themes : 1. armor/tech 2. spider => too specific.

Generic >>>>>> Specific
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have to ask; when selecting winners, are the posts to ARC/Facebook going to feature the art that was submitted in the submission thread, or will the in-house artists over in CN draw up some cool concept art to even out the odds/give a better idea of what to expect ingame?
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We have in-house artists???
    JAG was/is awesome. And that guy who did the Cybermind art, Minoh Kim.
    (and ARC's Media stuff is still stump...newbs will think that this game began at 2013...)
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited April 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    We have in-house artists???

There must be 2d artist working at CO. Someone did concepts and textures for sci-fi soldier, after all.
  • spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I disagree. The spider one (while nice) is too specific and thus limits what can be done with it.

That set has basically 2 filters/themes : 1. armor/tech 2. spider => too specific.

Generic >>>>>> Specific

That is only half-true honestly. If done right, an Arachnid Set could be used for alternate purposes as well. For instance, if the design takes a heavy "Biotech" feel it can easily pass for a Biotech or Alien Armor. Just because it's based off of the concept of a spider doesn't mean it has to be a blatant Spider-Man tights set (besides I'd think Marvel might jump on Cryptic if they made it too much like Spider Man). The costume could also tailor to Scorpions and other insects/Arachnids with the right parts. When it comes to costume sets in the game, we usually buy them for certain parts to play with. In the tailor, the limit is your imagination.

Like I said, if the design and concepts are done right, the set could take care of many other concepts as well. Not just us Arachnid and bug lovers.

Personally, I'm rooting for This..Dem armor parts :eek:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters