test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Review

rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
Greetings to all on here, You may know me as being the gloomy one but I want to type this up in hopes of understanding with my experience with this game and highlight a few factors from my perspective, the joys and frustrations one may or may not go thru,

Joys -
1. Personally, the main reason why I stayed and went LTS was the fact that I could represent my Dragon family in symbolic fashion, from the first month the fact that I could make a Dragon Resemblance brought a smile upon ones face but their is also the powers that could reflect more personally, it is a good thing.

2. Creative outlet, not only was I able to experiment with thematic concept outfits but also add on additional Dragon's to my Family and for that I thank you CO.

3. The friends I've met and those that care/understand playing this world with me, despite what I'm going to mention below, does encourage one to push on and try to endure.

Frustrations -
1. Lag, can't really be helped but being on the other side of the world doesn't help to contribute to your team or mission with lag circumventing you on a consistent basis, like a heal that didn't register that could of saved me or trying to avoid Gravitar's Yellow Bubble of doom is virtually impossible for me since, well Lag...

2. Lack of Development, the fact that this game isn't going to get the love it sorely needs, PvP it's broken, Alerts are monotonous and stale, Content is neglected and the fact that it prioritizing money is just going to leave this game tainted and broken, and expect nothing else short from a revelation to save it leaves nothing much to do once hitting lvl 40, in contrast Unreal Tournament is a game I enjoy playing since 2000, one highlight is that it's fueled by passion and enthusiasm of the community to keep it alive and thrive, that apparently doesn't work with some business... stagnates.

3. Human Behavior, although a delicate and sensitive expression this one is going to summarize I find that ones tendency for self gratification and intent not only affects others but the direction of the game, examples are Pursuing Profit, Farming, Devices(That includes Vehicles), Best Gear and Powers (Thanks to Above statement, What's the point in all this Diversity when people tend to use specific builds/powers?) obviously your choice but this is also why Alerts trivialize Content and why many don't bother exploring the world cause it's easy profit, concerning when you'd like to play something else like an Adventure pack when no-one can be bothered, another disappointing factor.

4. My Luck, basically incorporates all the above and personally discouraging, for example when one plays a Grab match for doing Dailies and is the only 40 while others maybe lvl 25 or less only to be downed while attempting to contribute to the progression of the match only serves as a cruel reminder and frustration continues to question motivation for playing, another is the fact I choose to symbolize my Dragon's that typically revolve around a specific Framework also apparently puts me at a disadvantage.

So now I conclude that I almost 2 years in playing cannot continue playing CO as enthusiastically anymore, and those that wonder why my disposition is typically gloomy, now you know, maybe one can find solace that these factors afflict you to or you may choose to tear me down with scrutiny, maybe you'd give advice but in my hopes some solace and compassion, the good and the bad, you'll see me around just not as much, despite my intentions in trying to enjoy this place, well, thanks for hearing me out, wither you think this is a rant or not.
Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
Post edited by rtma on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    after 3 years still playing and happily making weirdos. have a new magic using weirdo thanks to cybersoldier.

He is called princess magic sprinkle skittlep. he has a pink and green dryad outfit with pink sparkle aura
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Welcome to CO. A pretty fair assessment.

JBtSAWu.jpg

Now, I have three words for you. GUESS WHAT THEY ARE?
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rtma wrote: »
    Greetings to all on here, You may know me as being the gloomy one but I want to type this up in hopes of understanding with my experience with this game and highlight a few factors from my perspective, the joys and frustrations one may or may not go thru,

Joys -
    1. Personally, the main reason why I stayed and went LTS was the fact that I could represent my Dragon family in symbolic fashion, from the first month the fact that I could make a Dragon Resemblance brought a smile upon ones face but their is also the powers that could reflect more personally, it is a good thing.

2. Creative outlet, not only was I able to experiment with thematic concept outfits but also add on additional Dragon's to my Family and for that I thank you CO.

3. The friends I've met and those that care/understand playing this world with me, despite what I'm going to mention below, does encourage one to push on and try to endure.

Frustrations -
    1. Lag, can't really be helped but being on the other side of the world doesn't help to contribute to your team or mission with lag circumventing you on a consistent basis, like a heal that didn't register that could of saved me or trying to avoid Gravitar's Yellow Bubble of doom is virtually impossible for me since, well Lag...

2. Lack of Development, the fact that this game isn't going to get the love it sorely needs, PvP it's broken, Alerts are monotonous and stale, Content is neglected and the fact that it prioritizing money is just going to leave this game tainted and broken, and expect nothing else short from a revelation to save it leaves nothing much to do once hitting lvl 40, in contrast Unreal Tournament is a game I enjoy playing since 2000, one highlight is that it's fueled by passion and enthusiasm of the community to keep it alive and thrive, that apparently doesn't work with some business... stagnates.

3. Human Behavior, although a delicate and sensitive expression this one is going to summarize I find that ones tendency for self gratification and intent not only affects others but the direction of the game, examples are Pursuing Profit, Farming, Devices(That includes Vehicles), Best Gear and Powers (Thanks to Above statement, What's the point in all this Diversity when people tend to use specific builds/powers?) obviously your choice but this is also why Alerts trivialize Content and why many don't bother exploring the world cause it's easy profit, concerning when you'd like to play something else like an Adventure pack when no-one can be bothered, another disappointing factor.

4. My Luck, basically incorporates all the above and personally discouraging, for example when one plays a Grab match for doing Dailies and is the only 40 while others maybe lvl 25 or less only to be downed while attempting to contribute to the progression of the match only serves as a cruel reminder and frustration continues to question motivation for playing, another is the fact I choose to symbolize my Dragon's that typically revolve around a specific Framework also apparently puts me at a disadvantage.

So now I conclude that I almost 2 years in playing cannot continue playing CO as enthusiastically anymore, and those that wonder why my disposition is typically gloomy, now you know, maybe one can find solace that these factors afflict you to or you may choose to tear me down with scrutiny, maybe you'd give advice but in my hopes some solace and compassion, the good and the bad, you'll see me around just not as much, despite my intentions in trying to enjoy this place, well, thanks for hearing me out, wither you think this is a rant or not.

Read this probably a hundred times in various permutations. Translation: "I'm not capable of leaving either but I needed to vent".

Lets be real. The customization is like a flame to a moth. None of us ever really leave.

Find ways too enjoy your stay.
    edited April 2014
    Welcome to CO. A pretty fair assessment.

JBtSAWu.jpg

Now, I have three words for you. GUESS WHAT THEY ARE?

I love you?

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Read this probably a hundred times in various permutations. Translation: "I'm not capable of leaving either but I needed to vent".

Lets be real. The customization is like a flame to a moth. None of us ever really leave.

Find ways too enjoy your stay.

This, oh so much this. ^^^

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited April 2014
    the fact that I could represent my Dragon family in symbolic fashion

i dont completely understand that one, what do you mean by "my dragon family" ?

did you convert your toon RP-wise from somewhere else into champs RP ?
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    i dont completely understand that one, what do you mean by "my dragon family" ?

did you convert your toon RP-wise from somewhere else into champs RP ?

It's a bit difficult to explain, it's more or less a transitional history with my Dragon Self that I have formed/manifested over time and CO allowed me to resemble them accurately enough (Reference and Traits) and not only that expand, like the CyberKin, I can link my Dragon Profile if you want to know a bit more about me? Hope it helps, haven't elaborated on everyone other then myself and some details left out but otherwise precise and summarized.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you're LTS you can just go on hiatus and come back to a pile of Zen when they release new content :o
    edited April 2014
    It's a bit difficult to explain, it's more or less a transitional history with my Dragon Self that I have formed/manifested over time and CO allowed me to resemble them accurately enough (Reference and Traits) and not only that expand, like the CyberKin, I can link my Dragon Profile if you want to know a bit more about me? Hope it helps, haven't elaborated on everyone other then myself and some details left out but otherwise precise and summarized.

Uhm? so this is RP?

Sry i am a bit confused because you're talking "In-Character" ?!
    edited April 2014
    Uhm? so this is RP?

Sry i am a bit confused because you're talking "In-Character" ?!

Okay, I... have encountered this before. I'm not saying 'I get it', or even that I think it's cool or whatever, I'm just saying it is a thing and I have encountered it. That's it. Not condemning, not supporting- but rest assured from what I've seen any negative thing you say is going to start a major poop storm on the forums.

Guys like this believe that they have an inner dragon, metaphorically speaking.

Whatever tickles your pickle, I guess.

Just... tread carefully on your response, because the poop-throwing will begin on all sides.
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So does this mean they are a 'scaly'?
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2014

This is the best line I'm going to read all week.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
    edited April 2014
    Okay, I... have encountered this before. I'm not saying 'I get it', or even that I think it's cool or whatever, I'm just saying it is a thing and I have encountered it. That's it. Not condemning, not supporting- but rest assured from what I've seen any negative thing you say is going to start a major poop storm on the forums.

Guys like this believe that they have an inner dragon, metaphorically speaking.

Just... tread carefully on your response, because the poop-throwing will begin on all sides.

Oh, thanks.
    edited April 2014
    c3rvand0 wrote: »

You know, just the way I legitimately feel...

People are people. Fictional characters are fictional characters. People would think I was strange if I said I was a Decepticon. When people say 'scaly' or 'furry' the cartoon anthromorphs come to mind. not actual people (fun fact, the word 'furry' was a recent name tagged to them, they used to call them 'anthros'). Granted, it's not my 'thing', I'm not a fan of 'furries' or 'scalies' just as a matter of taste.

But we're derailing this dude's thread.

The truth is, while we are on the topic, the one thing that's always irked me is that our reptilian heads all resemble basic lizards, and I've always wondered why we don't have a a 'T-Rex' looking head. It'd make better 'dragons'...

And I could make my musclehead dinosar, 'Flexin' Rex'. He's a bodybuilder that is a creatineavore.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    c3rvand0 wrote: »

Most furries are just people that like making costumes and showing their creations off at conventions nothing odd about it ( theres a few odd ones but we get that with every group ).

And that is why a lot of furries play Champions they can mess around with the toon maker and make stuff and mess around with ideas. There is really no difference between Cosplayers* and Furries.

So mentioning furries in a thread started by a furry is perfectly on topic.

*i spent best part of a year making a Nepht fur suit once XD
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    9.5/10 "The graphics were totally visual! I heard the sound!" - Gamespot Review
    japan_live_dolls_31.jpg
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    If you're LTS you can just go on hiatus and come back to a pile of Zen when they release new content :o

And that will never happen. All we got for 2 and half years is neglect of Pwe/Cryptic. We only get temp missions, no serieous development.
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Joys -

Frustrations -

Sounds like you should consult a doctor about it. Or stop doing DMT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok, to be a bit less subtle about it, it sounds like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherkin

I get it exactly as much as I get furries, which is to say not at all. But, whatever makes your taco pop, I guess.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited April 2014
    Ok, to be a bit less subtle about it, it sounds like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherkin

I get it exactly as much as I get furries, which is to say not at all. But, whatever makes your taco pop, I guess.

Interesting .. mostly illogical but still interesting.
    edited April 2014
    You know, just the way I legitimately feel...

*snip*.

And I could make my musclehead dinosar, 'Flexin' Rex'. He's a bodybuilder that is a creatineavore.

is that anything like a cretinovore- only eats cretins?

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Interesting .. mostly illogical but still interesting.

In a nutshell. Militant atheists must eat otherkin like breakfast, but it takes all sorts to make the world go around, I guess. I know a few IRL, and they're nearly insufferable. I won't judge OP by it, having never chatted with them, but most of the otherkin I've met have used it as a superiority play because they have some serious issues in their lives and they're using it to cope. When you have nothing, you make due.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine