test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Random Client Crash

r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
edited January 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
Is anyone else getting random client crashes?

No matter if i just stand there OR spawning or fighting... its just randomly... game closes and cryptic report client pops up...

sometimes i can play for hours... and someties i just login chat in millenium city and BAM .. client crash...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I haven't noticed anything, but this game is sort of fickle like that. There have been times on my old computer that ingame textures would just slowly begin to fail to load, so seeing stuff like big pink glowing windows was a thing after like 3 hours, whereas other times I'd probably clock up to 5 without any incident.

What I can recommend to do to maximize your stability, though, is to use this command:
    /perframesleep 10
    Which will greatly lower your CPU/GPU temperatures without any noticeable impact on performance (unless you're running at above 60FPS, in which case wow you have a very good GPU). There's some other neat things you can try out in the options menu under Video/Troubleshooting.

I wish games would leave debug messages on when they crash.

No longer would you just get booted to desktop or get a pointless "oh you crashed. Take 1 hour to send a 32 gigabyte error log to our devs who won't read it". You'd get a meaningful error message like "ERROR: Out of VRAM! You might want to lower game resolution or texture quality, or our game might have a memory leak; let our devs know." Or "ERROR: Missing model/texture: "F_Tex_Tights_Sexxy". Verify files or inform devs!"
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited April 2014
    i wil try this command , i usually run in 40 fps mode while almost everything is maxed.

btw: Cathy (vykitty) gets the same random crashes :(
  • Options
    bitchslapwellbitchslapwell Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lol what did he post?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    lol what did he post?

I'm pretty sure it's just Luci being a troll. I'm just glad that the forum mods are on top of the situation.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, tonight the crashing has been pretty bad. It's somewhat annoying to have my conversations cut short at five-minute intervals.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    twilightj40twilightj40 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I know this is out of subject, but lately when I try to make a new character and finish it. It keeps saying "CHARACTER CREATION FAIL" why does this keep happening? Anyone have the same problem as I am?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Using Costume Pieces you don't own?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please don't bring back year-old topics to ask a question that's not even on the same topic.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.