test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We Want a purchaseable Account Aura Slot

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
Account Aura Slot - Add 1 Aura Slot to all your characters.

We want this in the Store. Some of us have too many characters and can't spend the 600 Zen per character. I have 50 characters and am not going to spend 30,000 Zen for all of them.

I'll buy Account Costume Slots all day. For the price of 3 aura slots on ONE character, I can get two costume slots on each of my characters including newly made ones. Make Auras and aura slots in line with costume purchases, please.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Needed a bump.
  • Options
    ilztasilztas Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Don't be too sure of that.

I must not have seen this thread, though I don't regularly read over the forum, either. I've got too much other junk on my mind... like the entirety of the internet. That gets pretty distracting.

I would definitely love to see this as well, but I suppose letting people buy aura slots that are given to all characters on an account would mean less money for Cryptic and PWE, naturally.
  • Options
    jamezilla1986jamezilla1986 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I plan to have at least 10 characters, I'm not paying 6000 Zen, just for auras.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Idea has merit /signed.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    ignengiignengi Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    /signed

I would be inclined to purchase an account wide aura slot unlock, but as it is, I have too many alts to want to buy an additional slot for just one.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Cryptic loses money flat out by discouraging their players who purchase many character slots from buying aura slots at all. Why not make that extra dollar? They make most of their money from keys regardless so why not make visual and cosmetic effects universally unlock account wide along with slots?
  • Options
    deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What kind of idiotic contraption is this? So we spend all this zen on an aura and its only for one character???!!! Or you at PWE/Cryptic daft or something? Is your plan just to milk the remaining members of this game until you turn us all away?

Stop the idiocy and make an account-wide aura slot available...geez..have you no shame??!!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's $1 per aura slot per character. I wouldn't consider that very much money. Yes, if you have a butt load of alts, that's a lot of money. You can buy tons of account costume slots, but only 3 sets of aura slots. If aura slots where account wide, you'd only need to buy three sets for every toon you have and every toon you will ever have. Cryptic makes zero more dollars after that.

Storage slots should be account wide and adding to it should be account wide (like the shared bank). Aura slots.... I don't know. That's a lot of lost income to have account wide aura slots.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If they ever decide for an account-wide aura slot. Expect it to cost higher than the single slot purchase.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd rather have a way to tie aura to costumes/powersets than just "fighting/not-fighting" as a toggle..

Say I have a hero with the classic "mild-mannered alter-ego"? I don't want Johnny Dawson radiating electricitys when he's not in his heroic guise of Electroshock. And "combat/out-of-combat" isn't good enough... what about heros with multiple powersets, like a fire/ice swappable hero? It's damn tedious and inconvenient to stop and manually swap-out Fire Aura and Ice Form or whatever with each costume/power change...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If they ever decide for an account-wide aura slot. Expect it to cost higher than the single slot purchase.

Well since the Account Wide Costume Slots counts only 3 times as much as a single Costume Slot, I would suspect that 1000 for 1 Account Wide Aura Slot would be acceptable.

But I suspect that the whole reason why auras weren't part of the tailor was to further monetize on auras as they are and the individual slots. Its all downright greedy in a way that ruins the whole aura system. No loyalty to players who have dozens of character slots.

At least grant a free aura slot to all characters as a subscriber reward!

On the subject of aura slot purchases, the Aura Storage Slots are an absolute nightmare of what they actually provide.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    alt-aholic and after buying 3 sets of auras, I have to say that the majority are still sitting in the hideout bank.

as they are, they are just more colour to see past. I have ONE which uses 2 auras- combat and non combat. That's out of 100

No way am I buying new auras slot per character, as for the stupid 100 extra storage, exactly how many auras do you think we are going to get per character?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dracocamdracocam Posts: 0
    edited April 2014
    id like to say id like to see more that the 8 slots this way both sides win have it so you can only buy 8 aura slots for your account and anther 8 that's per character, as iv found the more you stack some of the auras the cooler they look
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good idea. OP it would help if you suggested a set price point. I don't really alt anymore, I tend to play only 4 characters now, but I used to have a serious case of altitis, so /signed.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Good idea. OP it would help if you suggested a set price point.

I rather not be specific about a price point because we'll be disappointed regardless. If it would be implemented and ends upward towards 1500 per account wide slot, I would bury the body and forget about it.

525 for two costume slots per character forever. Monetize auras how you monetize costumes and their slots, Cryptic. Whoever is in charge on these prices is a greedy moron. I can guarantee you that if any of us found out who it was, they would be chastised in an instant.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd rather have a way to tie aura to costumes/powersets than just "fighting/not-fighting" as a toggle..

Say I have a hero with the classic "mild-mannered alter-ego"? I don't want Johnny Dawson radiating electricitys when he's not in his heroic guise of Electroshock. And "combat/out-of-combat" isn't good enough... what about heros with multiple powersets, like a fire/ice swappable hero? It's damn tedious and inconvenient to stop and manually swap-out Fire Aura and Ice Form or whatever with each costume/power change...

If you have FF toon, you can already accomplish this using the build tabs.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I rather not be specific about a price point because we'll be disappointed regardless. If it would be implemented and ends upward towards 1500 per account wide slot, I would bury the body and forget about it.

525 for two costume slots per character forever. Monetize auras how you monetize costumes and their slots, Cryptic. Whoever is in charge on these prices is a greedy moron. I can guarantee you that if any of us found out who it was, they would be chastised in an instant.

$5 for two account wide costume slots on every character you have and ever will have is laughably low. The only redeeming point is that you can buy tons of them.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    $5 for two account wide costume slots on every character you have and ever will have is laughably low. The only redeeming point is that you can buy tons of them.

And that's the down side to letting such a limited purchase item be account wide. While it's great for the player's pocket book it doesn't give the company much of a revenue stream and CO needs revenue streams.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    They won't get it beyond the first purchase from players anyways when they find out they need to buy multiple sets for each of their characters. The way the system is now is just preventing the players from making that first purchase because they know before falling into the trap.

They need to make money on the aura sets, not the slots to put them in. Let me buy my account wide aura slots 3 times so all my characters have 4 active and 4 combat aura slots. Then when the aura sets themselves are changed to accountwide, I'll purchase one copy (sometimes two) of each set and purchase each new one that comes out. If I want multiple copies of an aura, that's another 475 Z I can pay for each extra copy that is granted to EACH of my characters.

Amount I'm paying the way we want it: ???Z (3 Account Wide Slots) + 475 Z per set that comes out forever =
    $52.25 PLUS $4.75 per set until they stop making them

Amount I'm paying the way things are: No + no + no =
    $0

From me alone that's fifty dollars for every set that is out now plus five dollars per set they release in the future. Charging the price of a game for 5 pieces of cosmetic items that need to be traded is a ripoff. At these prices we ought to expect 5 new zones within the next year.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited April 2014
    I only play 1 Character actively.. all my others toons are just there to farm stuff faster such as recogntions token and justice gear token.

But on my Main charcater i have 70+ Auras and all Slot sunlocked + extended Storage.

From my view it looks that ALTing is not intended anymore since all the new stuff you can buy is mostly stuff wich you can only use on 1 toon at 1 time.

Means, when i buy a vehicle i cannot use it with 2 toons without putting it into hideout.. the same goes for auras...titles, perks...

so i dont see any point making another character if i either need to put my stuff in hidout all the time i switch OR buy every bit again for every new toon i create...

based on that i would not buy account aura slots...

but maybe thats just me
  • Options
    cidersylphcidersylph Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Alternatively, it would be nice if they redid how they are doing auras now and just have an account bank of auras. Then you could just have each of your characters select which auras from the bank they want to use.

Having the Aura Storage on a per-character basis just doesn't make any sense to me.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    I only play 1 Character actively.. all my others toons are just there to farm stuff faster such as recogntions token and justice gear token.

But on my Main charcater i have 70+ Auras and all Slot sunlocked + extended Storage.

From my view it looks that ALTing is not intended anymore since all the new stuff you can buy is mostly stuff wich you can only use on 1 toon at 1 time.

Means, when i buy a vehicle i cannot use it with 2 toons without putting it into hideout.. the same goes for auras...titles, perks...

so i dont see any point making another character if i either need to put my stuff in hidout all the time i switch OR buy every bit again for every new toon i create...

based on that i would not buy account aura slots...

but maybe thats just me

The way you purchase aura items and slots only further supports having an account wide aura slot and making aura sets unlock on all toons. You already purchased what you wanted (one of each thing). Cryptic won't be getting anything else from you.

The way things are now, people are only going to buy one of each set and that will be it. Cryptic should make it so you get the most for your money so they can get money from people who haven't yet.
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I cannot sign this hard enough.

/signed
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are a lot of items in the C-Store that should be accountwide, auras are one of them.

Same with the C-Store versions of the vehicles. Keep the drifter, lockbox items, and upgraded versions of the vehicles character specific to keep some uniqueness.