test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just a serendipitous youtube find

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
I swear, I did not go looking or this, but on a rather vague Google search for a champions online vid, I stumbled onto this vid.

At first, I kept thinking to myself, "That hero looks kind of familiar," but with Youtube being kind of glitchy for me today, I could not get a proper look at the costume. Also, the p seems really low, I think.

Now from what I could see of the costume through the flashes and shadows was a simple tee and what look to me to be sweat pants. So I say, and out loud to no one, mind you, "What kind of Superhero wears sweatpants as a costume? The only guy I know who ever managed to pull it off is..."

And that's when I pause the video and reduced it to see the YT account name - KenpoJuJitsu3.

Just call me Zed Homer Simpson today, because D'OH! :rolleyes:
ZedBlock-200.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, this was definitely back in the day where you had to really work at it.

Nowadays Mega Destroid goes down with one or two semi-decently built characters and some jerk in a vehicle.

I long for these days when the game used to provide a challenge.
    biffsig.jpg
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, this was definitely back in the day where you had to really work at it.

Nowadays Mega Destroid goes down with one or two semi-decently built characters and some jerk in a vehicle.

I long for these days when the game used to provide a challenge.

You and me both. They need to nerf everything across the board and buff the mobs. I miss the day when Mega D's would one shot people with their AE attack if people just derped and didn't block.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Shh, don't let the "it's too hard" peanut gallery hear you. Otherwise we'd have people looking at us weird for considering the game "easy". >_>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    By all means, let's boost difficulty to the point that only min-max builds can solo at all. Those players who prefer more balanced (or even purposely gimped) theme builds, screw them - they shouldn't be here with big bad boys/girls like you anyway, right?

I say again, sometimes it's important to realize that you aren't the only person(s) in this MMO, and that not every one may want to play like you do. In fact, based on this game's trend, you and the other elitists are most likely in a small minority.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    helbjorn wrote: »
    By all means, let's boost difficulty to the point that only min-max builds can solo at all. Those players who prefer more balanced (or even purposely gimped) theme builds, screw them - they shouldn't be here with big bad boys/girls like you anyway, right?

I say again, sometimes it's important to realize that you aren't the only person(s) in this MMO, and that not every one may want to play like you do. In fact, based on this game's trend, you and the other elitists are most likely in a small minority.

'Elitists'. :3

You so silly.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    I remember when 1.5k dps was extremely high.
    Video was refreshing, makes me sad though that the game's difficulty has fallen that far.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Everyone doesn't have to be Superman to play this game, and everyone shouldn't have to be Superman to play this game.

You wanna minmax and stroke your epeen, find another game. We have people who enjoy FUN here, not Elitist Jerks lording their spreadsheet-derived perfectionism over everyone..
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Everyone doesn't have to be Superman to play this game, and everyone shouldn't have to be Superman to play this game.

You wanna minmax and stroke your epeen, find another game. We have people who enjoy FUN here, not Elitist Jerks lording their spreadsheet-derived perfectionism over everyone..

Yea *looks around* so many people enjoying it. Considering I said nerf everything and buff the mobs, should actually take a look around before you say it's just the elitist jerks, because you just make yourself off to be an elitist jerk. Games need challenge, if you want to stroke your power trip fantasy about being an invincible hero that can't be stopped by man or god, then go someplace else such as a single player game and put in their god code. See how easily that can be reversed on you?

This is an MMO and games need challenge. If you can't stand challenge, what are you doing here? Has nothing to do with min/maxed elitist builds, even the ATs can solo most of the content in this game (even the content not meant to be solo'd). If you don't think you should be challenged as a super hero, you forget you are challenging super villains who should just as strong, or more realistically, stronger than you are.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    -
    Epic_Facepalm_5452.png
    -
    hDBFA200B
    -
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cool video, thanks for sharing.

Remember that increasing challenge does not necessarily mean mandating min/max builds for solo play. No offense to either of them but the people who spoke for an increase in challenge, Smackwell and Silverspar, are neither of them min/maxers, elitists, or power builders.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    -

-
    hDBFA200B
    -

he looks like a handy person to have aqround
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I don't have a single min-maxed build, for your information. I've always played this game extremely casually, all my heroes are theme builds, and I always solo. I've never taken a power that had effects that didn't look right on my characters, I've used powers that most people think are pure crap (my main has used Personal Force Field since launch), and I superstat Rec all the time because I don't bother finding all those synergies that the smart math people do. I only ever used Rank 5 mods (until I got some 6's in some lockboxes) on all my gear, I haven't even started anything resembling a grind for Justice gear, and I'm not sure I'll ever even care if I don't get a single piece of the gear.

So if you're trying to call me out, you're basically saying that what I posted was "screw myself."

I've been playing the game since launch, and I never thought it was too hard to solo. Ever. With 100% theme builds. As a matter of fact, when the big "day one nerf" happened, I personally asked one of the people who said the game was unplayable for their build, so I could test it out and see what exactly was broken. Turns out his build was better than most of the ones I'd made.

As much as I liked carpet-bombing every single outdoor mission with Incendiary Rounds, I can't honestly say that it was at any point difficult. I play in a very reckless manner, jumping in head first and hoping I can defeat everyone before I'm kissing dirt. It doesn't feel reckless anymore, and I haven't changed my play style or character building style at all.
    biffsig.jpg
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Echoing Smackwell's sentiment, here. I remember actually having to think twice before attacking a large group of mobs on my melee squishies, even when I was using the much-vaunted dual blades. It was still fun; I felt appropriately "super" when I overpulled and prevailed with careful timing of my heals and ADs.

Then F2P hit and decoupled the superstats from passives. Things were a little easier now, admittedly, but I still had to be a little careful, even with the PvP gear that got introduced a year before On Alert hit.

Then On Alert hit. My character's pretty dang super now, but the difficulty's pretty yawn-inducing. I'm not discouraged from rushing into a mob anymore; I barely notice when I accidentally overpull. Most tellingly, 5-man Powerhouse Hard Battle Rooms are no longer considered an applicable measure of how well a build does; it's too easy to blaze through.

Now, with Reloaded, outdoor mobs may as well just be reskinned as pinatas. This includes, unfortunately, Cosmics like Kigatilik and Qwijybo.

We don't want difficulty that will stroke our e-peens; we just want things to not be so easy anymore.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]