test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Severe Lag/Rubberbanding, game unplayable

rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Gameplay Bugs
I'm at a loss at how to explain this, because as far as I can tell it's pretty isolated, as I'm able to see other players moving and going about their business in-game and on chat channels. Ever since Sunday April 6th, I've suddenly been unable to get anywhere with trying to do anything in-game. I try to move about to do quests and dailies for the Foxbat event, and I'm almost immediately 'pulled' back to where I started. Alerts don't even load on my UI. Attempting to post in zone or chat, or even submitting a ticket in-game don't appear to go through due to time-out and lag. Attempting to change characters or log-out using the in-game menus doesn't work either. I have nothing downloading/uploading in the background to slow the game up and the game appears to load just fine. No other game I play on the PC is giving me this issue. I just wanted to post this here to see if anyone else is having the issues or not.
Post edited by rmccloud on

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    After changing instances I get something similar now and then, restarting the game fixes it for me though.
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I -was- having a little more luck with the game, but now I have a character that's stuck in place just a few feet away from the middle of the convention. I can't even turn my quests in to the mayor after going all over the city and being able to do those earlier today. Restarting doesn't fix the problem at all now. :/
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i've gotten severe lag while playing through ARC as well. when I switch to playing through STEAM the lag went away :). I have a good computer and Fiber Optic line so i knew it wasn't on my end.