test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We Need The PvP Back

kuroui1kuroui1 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in The Hero Games
I played this game from alpha and i like the pvp very much i stopped playing for 2-3 years and now i came back and i see PvP arenas Totaly Died Developers Pls Spend Some Time On It because You Losing All Of the PvP players Out there This Game can be very Injoing In pvp Just need some time to work on it pls Help the comunity and add dailys to the hearo games make them to give you cash and some boxes with items or mods or somthing give us point for pvp and the pvp comunity will wake up and more ppl will join we all win you will get more cash for development and we wil get more players and more pvp this is a great game that dont gives all of its potentional belive me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You do realize how futile it is considering how PvP brings the worst out of people and their builds accordingly, I'm going to say this like every game that doesn't have any fairness, no amount of Incentive is going to compensate for the mental anguish endured, bad idea to add dailies to only award exploited types and specific builds (Might work for you but what of others?) but for those that like PvP, a game overhaul would be a nice start overall.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rtma wrote: »
    You do realize how futile it is considering how PvP brings the worst out of people and their builds accordingly

Don't lump everyone together that is not cool nor is it true. :(
  • Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I PvP'd pretty extensively pre-Alert and it didn't bring out the "worst" in me. The competitive aspect was great, but it was still fun as all get out to just get in an arena and fight something with a survival instinct. The gear that got added was just further incentive.

Now I barely PvP at all, aside from duels with SG-mates. It's not that it isn't "fun", there's just barely any incentive when Rampaging gives the best gear. The game would probably need a lot of adjustments to curtail power creep, though, if PvP is going to get a "revamp".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Rtma is wrong because p0temk1n is right. I PvPed in Beta(Heck, my SG was comprised of 63 of the top Iron Rock Warhammer PvPers....3 of us remained after the 1st Bloodmoon, sadly). We queued all the time. On Teams or randomly against one another as the chips may fall. We had fun.

When F2P hit I made Fortissimo and leveled him from 6-34(34+ was kinda deadsville at the time) almost entirely on PvP(I would hit a CS/AP from time to time when I needed gear). This was also fun.

On Alert hit and the unfortunate(and deliberate) events of that unfolded. Most of the people I would PvP with are now gone. Some of them remain but, in all honesty, they are the diehard pillars of the current PvP Community.

Looking over the past I have 0 Faith in Cryptic's ability to make positive changes to PVP in CO. Fortunately, Cryptic is pretty much out of the picture and we now have Cryptic North. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not being a super cheerleader for CN on this since they have displayed nothing positive or negative in regards to PvP in CO. They, however, are both a fresh set of eyes on the situation and a better chance at any results than before.

Sadly, this means PvP in CO boils down to what it has always, essentially, been about. It's a waiting game hoping for that one spark that brings fresh blood into the pool as well as the return of existing older blood while the diehards do everything in their power to hold onto as much of the dream as is humanly possible.

So I, for one, wait....and shall see. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    PvP as you currently see if is the most dead it has been yet, the only people who PvP are the odd people who decide to make ZA pop, some random AT's going into BASH and my supergroup. There are currently two reasons causing this fall even more than anything else. First the fact that everyone is doing exams around this time which means that this time of year is almost always unpopulated PvP wise in CO. Secondly and much more meaningful is the fact AD's can currently be rotated which means unbreakable and masterful dodge. Before crush left he decided to fix unbreakable ready to then implement the rotation / cooldown nerf but before he could do this he was shipped over to NW and did a very good job on their pvp so they kept him.

The reason this rotation breaks PvP so much? It makes people stupidly hard to kill alongside healing and things like ascension while also being broken with invulnerability number wise. If there is no point in attacking someone while they have MD up, then there becomes no point in attacking unbreakable up and they are perma rotating them there is just generally no point in attacking them full stop. The entire point is taken out of it all. The only way you can hit enough past unbreakable is by using UR SR or something similar but what's the point.

Any one who would want to try PvP currently and BASH to actually pop would find various of my SG members rotation AD's without any gap and would find that their attacks would be hitting nothing while they get 2 shot with nothing to say or do about it. The fix for AD's NEEDs to be pushed to actually become reality, it isn't a straight fix to PvP but it would help us out a lot.

Then we have the PvP queues, currently if you don't join with exactly 10 then it starts kicking people and you end up with a 2v2 or 3v1 or whatever in UTC. Many people have left because of this bug.

We also have the total lack of rewards on PvP making doing PvP mainly about the fun or thrill of it. The people who ever do PvP would do it because they find it fun, which is something you don't get on a lot of MMO's. People doing things for fun instead of reward.

There really isn't much that needs doing to PvP in the short term, even a prod with a stick would be appreciated.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    smashykins wrote: »
    Don't lump everyone together that is not cool nor is it true. :(

Sorry for Generalizing, I pretty much going off my experiences and so far yielded little fun since I cannot even compete, not feel useful (Being around friendly individuals can only go so far as well), trying to derive pleasure from said futile endevour can only go so far before you concede to the fact that it's not going to change, making me somewhat broken & bitter that variety is marginalized with gravitated mainstream styled game play, I'm speaking from one perspective but look at the many examples around you.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    kaneofchaoskaneofchaos Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You know I absolutely loved pre F2P PvP. It was fairly balanced, duels could end, the community was nice, and the game seemed to have frequent updates. I have always been a min/maxer and I never had such a cheap build as I did after F2P. AoPM and defiant really solidified their spot as the most broken way to kill someone and the little dev response to the problem (Nerfing AoPM like 1%) was not nearly enough. Since then? Nothing. Not a single relevant balance was pushed.

I guess the point is, PvP and this game are dead. Vehicles and gear are the only thing that receive updates anymore, and that is only because you can buy them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Add back the old imbue----> problem fix'd
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why not have it where PvP is an entirely seperate instance (not server, because, those cost even more money!)

You Create a new character, you can specify PvE or PvP. If you make a PvP character you're immediately dumped into the PvP instance, which is a never-ending always circulating number of PvP games, sort of like playing TF2 over and over with random teams. (PvE characters play Champions Online as normal)

You have to get all of your gear and levels from playing PvP with a PvP character. Gear is kept randomized and gets dropped form players you kill, or even awards for special achievements within PvP, like maybe a killstreak or whatever.