test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Big Girls Need Love Too!

Comments

• silenceisninjasilenceisninja Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • thelostexilethelostexile Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /signed x10

I have a lot of female characters, and one or two of them are supposed to be rather large 'hulk-esque' figures. The sliders don't give them enough justice. It's also extremely annoying to max out almost all the sliders for like, a female mecha design, but the waist is still so tiny it looks like the top half could snap off.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ... I just noticed this thread has over 20K views... only the stickied threads have more than that, and even then only 3 out of four do.

Wow.
    edited April 2014
    It's not like they can't do it, either. They recently added wing and tail sliders. And that was adding BRAND NEW sliders, not even changing existing modifiers.

And it's also -very- obvious pretty much near the entire populace of the suggestions section wants this to be a thing. Someone should probably sticky this or pin it temporarily. So many signatures.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A lot of us are sick of this Barbie Doll anatomy (that waist will haunt my nightmares)
    gynomight wrote: »
    For the males, I don't know,.. Give them a crotch slider.
    ... I hope you're joking.

I don't see what's wrong with it, SAINT ROW did it :D Equality for both genders Sex Appeal~

. . .

Ok seriously now, maybe we could get for male character the Belly Slider Foxbat's FANS are using!
    I have fat-chubby characters, and not everyone wants to have the Body of Greek God

Of course this couldn't work on Females very well, imagine Belly slider, they will look like they are Pregnant
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • guardianettieguardianettie Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Now is our chance! Someone design a costume for both male and females! :)

It'll get my vote. I wish I had the time to.
    edited April 2014
    Now is our chance! Someone design a costume for both male and females! :)

It'll get my vote. I wish I had the time to.

I don't see how this has anything to do with what the thread is about ... ?

In my opinion, this is way more important than new costume pieces.
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    /signed

over 90% of my characters are female, I'd also like to see dryshna have an effect on a female too.
    edited April 2014
    Seriously, Cryptic, can't you see how important having the option of hugeness without the requiring of a Y chromosome is for our heroes?

We've been pushing for this since October... of 2011! Get with the program, guys!
    edited April 2014
    Seriously, Cryptic, can't you see how important having the option of hugeness without the requiring of a Y chromosome is for our heroes?

We've been pushing for this since October... of 2011! Get with the program, guys!

Dear lord, he's right. o_o I didn't realize how old this was until now.

CRYPTIC, GET ON THAT.
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So!

In City of Heroes they had technically 3 "genders" body shapes - male normal, male huge & female. So in CO they just have option to choose male normal or huge shape due adjusting in Characters Creator. And since female was one - so that can't be enlarged. Probably they made it specially, l dunno why but maybe they wanna all gals looks beautiful, but it's relative intention.
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dear lord, he's right. o_o I didn't realize how old this was until now.

CRYPTIC, GET ON THAT.

I can see why they aren't bothering with it though: This is something that requires time and effort to implement and there is no guarantee that such a thing will bring in revenue outside of the hope that people will spend money after they have made a "big gal" character. All other things, like vehicles (as much as I detest them), costume sets, and even power sets are easier to gauge how much money they can make off of them.

Unless they stuck the option in a lockbox. That'd be pretty funny.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
    edited April 2014
    lestylo wrote: »
    I can see why they aren't bothering with it though: This is something that requires time and effort to implement and there is no guarantee that such a thing will bring in revenue outside of the hope that people will spend money after they have made a "big gal" character. All other things, like vehicles (as much as I detest them), costume sets, and even power sets are easier to gauge how much money they can make off of them.

And yet they added tail and wing sliders recently. Of which, requires -more- work than changing how an existing slider functions.
    edited April 2014
    And yet they added tail and wing sliders recently.

I'm pretty sure they've had that in the works for some time. They mentioned wanting to do that some time ago.

Of which, requires -more- work than changing how an existing slider functions.

And you're basing this on what?
    edited April 2014
    And you're basing this on what?

I've worked with 3D Models/Games before. They'd have to code in a whole new slider (or sliders) in the menu, code in whole new physics for the sliders on a part that previously had none, in more than one deformation. They also have to rig the costume part to be able to deform it in such a manner. That's much more time consuming than just coding in new deformations for a part that already has a slider, is already rigged, and it's only one slider.

Provided, in both cases, it's a decent amount of work, it's still less work to work with something that already exists, unless (for whatever reason) they have to scrap that rig entirely and just start from scratch. In which case, I would be wrong, and both would take just as long. (Which I could actually also foresee happening if they need new bones in the rig.) :P
    edited April 2014
    I don't know. Cryptic is fond of saying no and then doing the opposite (I guess they like surprising people) so this may be done sooner than we realize. But that laundry list of things they were supposed to implement is really hanging over their heads as well as bug fixes. I do have to wonder if they do go ahead with this, if they will do it right or if they will bungle something (I can't help but wonder if we will end up with 3 headed people or something lol). In any case, /signed. More options are always nice.
    edited April 2014
    I don't know. Cryptic is fond of saying no and then doing the opposite (I guess they like surprising people) so this may be done sooner than we realize. But that laundry list of things they were supposed to implement is really hanging over their heads as well as bug fixes. I do have to wonder if they do go ahead with this, if they will do it right or if they will bungle something (I can't help but wonder if we will end up with 3 headed people or something lol). In any case, /signed. More options are always nice.

That is true too. They probably have this long list of things that people want implemented that they may or may not be considering. I just hope this gets moved up on the list, considering how long it's been a post, how many people have signed it, and ... yeah. It should just be a thing.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've worked with 3D Models/Games before. They'd have to code in a whole new slider (or sliders) in the menu, code in whole new physics for the sliders on a part that previously had none, in more than one deformation. They also have to rig the costume part to be able to deform it in such a manner. That's much more time consuming than just coding in new deformations for a part that already has a slider, is already rigged, and it's only one slider.

Provided, in both cases, it's a decent amount of work, it's still less work to work with something that already exists, unless (for whatever reason) they have to scrap that rig entirely and just start from scratch. In which case, I would be wrong, and both would take just as long. (Which I could actually also foresee happening if they need new bones in the rig.) :P

Yes because changing the code for maybe a dozen pieces is much harder then changing it for hundreds, if not thousands. Yeah, that makes sense to me.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited April 2014
    bwdares wrote: »
    Yes because changing the code for maybe a dozen pieces is much harder then changing it for hundreds, if not thousands. Yeah, that makes sense to me.

It's not the costume pieces themselves. It's just the body. Because if the programmer was -smart-, he would have programmed all costume pieces to base their structure and deformers off the body piece they are sitting on. As opposed to wings and tails, of which would need their two respective deformers and rigging.
  • smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Regardless of what happens, I will add that it brings a smile to my face to see so many people open to something other than conventional beauty.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's not the costume pieces themselves. It's just the body. Because if the programmer was -smart-, he would have programmed all costume pieces to base their structure and deformers off the body piece they are sitting on. As opposed to wings and tails, of which would need their two respective deformers and rigging.

Though that does come back to figuring out just how did they code it. It's been known that a lot of things in the game aren't updated due to the mess of code from early game. And scaling can get weird at times. The other thing I'm wondering is how much is NPC dependent. As in, will an improvement of scaling on female characters wind up altering every female NPC in the game? If coded right, it shouldn't but who knows how things are set up.

One low hanging piece of fruit they absolutely should do in the meantime is rename the "Waist" slider to a "Hip" slider since that's what it is.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited April 2014
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    Though that does come back to figuring out just how did they code it. It's been known that a lot of things in the game aren't updated due to the mess of code from early game. And scaling can get weird at times. The other thing I'm wondering is how much is NPC dependent. As in, will an improvement of scaling on female characters wind up altering every female NPC in the game? If coded right, it shouldn't but who knows how things are set up.

One low hanging piece of fruit they absolutely should do in the meantime is rename the "Waist" slider to a "Hip" slider since that's what it is.

It's very true that some of the code isn't well thought out, but what I mentioned is a no-brainer. If they did it the -other- way in which -EVERY- piece had to be optimized like that, I'm positive releasing costumes in general would be a major pain and a problem, not to mention that the game would probably be extremely bogged down.

Then again, I could only be furthering your point. :T Lol.

However, OOPS. I didn't think NPC's ... yeesh ... yes, NPC's would be affected. The only way they -won't- be affected is if they make it a new slider entirely, and even then, they'd have to set a global constant for NPC's to keep them looking the same way. So maybe this -would- take awhile to implement. xD If they made it the same slider, they'd have to go through all their female NPC's and make sure they look proper. (Yikes.)
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually, I wonder if the way to do it without affecting NPCs would be to make the current number the default and make a new number the new maximum.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited April 2014
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    Actually, I wonder if the way to do it without affecting NPCs would be to make the current number the default and make a new number the new maximum.

Hrm, that is true. They could potentially just leave the Mass at the same size as it currently is, then just change the far end, yeah. Then that would fix that one.
  • rebelscum58rebelscum58 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2014

In any free to play game, it's the paid content that makes money but more often than not it's the free content that keeps people playing - so that they're still around to pay for that stuff when it comes out. Adding sliders might not be something they can directly charge for, but the less restricted players feel the more likely they are to stick around. And the more likely they are to like the game enough to want to spend money on it.

There needs to be a balance between free and paid content, not just all microtransactions all the time. Which is something that PWE needs to learn. I'd say Cryptic too but they actually do pretty well with it in both of their other games.
    edited April 2014
    In any free to play game, it's the paid content that makes money but more often than not it's the free content that keeps people playing - so that they're still around to pay for that stuff when it comes out. Adding sliders might not be something they can directly charge for, but the less restricted players feel the more likely they are to stick around. And the more likely they are to like the game enough to want to spend money on it.

There needs to be a balance between free and paid content, not just all microtransactions all the time. Which is something that PWE needs to learn. I'd say Cryptic too but they actually do pretty well with it in both of their other games.

Unfortunately it's not Cryptic's fault. PWE is the publisher, that means they get to decide how content is distributed, whether that be free or cost something.
  • almightenalmighten Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've wanted to create a female toon with darkseid's son Kaliban's build, but then turn around & try to create a hybrid of darksied & kaliban...darn game won't let me make her short, stocky & squat. Brings a tear to my eye. LOL oh well:frown:
  • rebelscum58rebelscum58 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Unfortunately it's not Cryptic's fault. PWE is the publisher, that means they get to decide how content is distributed, whether that be free or cost something.

Hence why I said something PWE needs to learn. As I already said, Cryptic is actually pretty good about it in their other two games. With CO's much smaller playerbase and thus much smaller revenue, I suspect PWE is simply trying to wring as much money out of it as they can.
    edited April 2014
    Either way, I just hope this becomes a thing. Eventually.
    edited April 2014
    Either way, I just hope this becomes a thing. Eventually.

Indeed. It would open up SO MANY costume/character ideas if women could reach the same levels of bulk and/or muscularity as men.

Heck, just this morning I had an idea for a spoof/joke character of a melee Might character that was a beefed-up fairy - Tankerbell... but had to drop the idea once I remembered females can't get as big as males can.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's funny. When a couple of posters on the STO boards pushed for slider additions/alterations, they complied. Not so much as a peep from the CO devs about this here though...
  • beautfldssonancebeautfldssonance Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    It's funny. When a couple of posters on the STO boards pushed for slider additions/alterations, they complied. Not so much as a peep from the CO devs about this here though...

We need to ask them harder.

"There is a point beyond which there is no return. That point must be reached." - Kafka

[sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited May 2014
    Ask them harder, we shall. >:l
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1st off I want to sign as I do like the idea of a waist slider that affects the waists.
    here is my attempt at a fiull figured hero. I used wardrobe to make her chubbier

2668228.jpg

Also here is an example of a MALE character made with the female body.
    actually won a Costume contest for best Victorian male.
    the difference between the 2 pics is purely sliders (and hair choice)
    I have it side by side with the same outfit with the normal female sliders I typically use.

2665318.jpg

this games strongest feature is customizability ... why limit it?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

They did peep about it actually. At one point they said they were looking into it. I think it was in one of the SotG things.
  • gynomightgynomight Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been away from CO for a while. Is there any update to this simple request yet? At this point I'm starting to lose faith in Champions Online.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Things that seem simple rarely are. We saw how they do costumes in that last preview, they'd have to go through and check the scaling/clipping on every single costume piece for women, around the midsection, and make them all fit properly.

You know, no big.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, it's not quite so simple... But I would sing their praises if they did. Even on my smaller girls the waist is too small.

And almost nothing scales right when you lower the bust slider to a reasonable value.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This game supports the creation of women that are more massive than any mmo I can think of and that's a big part of the reason why I'm still here; there's a body type that fits my alter ego better than what COs competition can offer. Losing faith in the game cause the ladies aren't massive enough is odd in light of how huge we can already get.

Maybe we can't get as big as the largest female bodybuilders that currently roam the earth, but be real, CO is already generous and they have bigger problems to squash than to commit resources to body scales.

That being said, I run into in-game amazons everyday so it does appears that unconventional body types do have more of audience than one might think. But still...Cryptic has bigger fish to fry than pleasing the gods of snu-snu, sadly.

Here's to hoping they'll consider the input from this thread but not at the cost of their more urgent and crippling issues.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2014
    Things that seem simple rarely are. We saw how they do costumes in that last preview, they'd have to go through and check the scaling/clipping on every single costume piece for women, around the midsection, and make them all fit properly.
    ^This.

It needs to be remembered that tail and wing sliders are all about costume parts not interlinked with any other ones.

Now, changing waist slider requires also review of probably all chest and hip pieces, which may or may not scale properly.

I'd like to see it done, one day, but that's pretty big undertaking, so other things are probably higher on the priority list.
  • gynomightgynomight Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't think there necessarily needs to be a new waist slider. The mass slider just needs to be increased to an extreme, similar to the male's.

Like, if someone wanted to make an average size female with a more realistic (or even bigger) waist circumference, they could increase the overall mass, then narrow the chest, arms, legs and hips (mislabelled "waist" in the tailor).

This way all the costume parts still fit the same way on the form.

Any thoughts?
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That might work.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

edited July 2014
    ...Nope, haven't given up on this.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ...Nope, haven't given up on this.

74b.gif

If everything goes exactly as I have planned it, I will go Lifetimer this year
    Meaning MORE of my characters ingame
    Meaning More Female Characters as well, they may be a few in this Sausage Fest, but they are important to me, and the last thing I want is to see them with such a thin waist
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited August 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    74b.gif

If everything goes exactly as I have planned it, I will go Lifetimer this year
    Meaning MORE of my characters ingame
    Meaning More Female Characters as well, they may be a few in this Sausage Fest, but they are important to me, and the last thing I want is to see them with such a thin waist

I'd go LTS myself if I could, man.
  • sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Seems like it might be time to bring this up again...

Just made a violent, half-wolf/half-human nemesis for my automaton. Her name is Feral and she's supposed to be absolutely massive. Sadly, while she's tall and fairly athletic, she's not nearly as imposing as she ought to be.

Any word on the possibility of getting some expanded body shapes and sliders for the womenfolk to give some parity with the men?
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Given how long people have been asking for this, and given how well cryptic is known for not giving the players what they have asked for or even saying why they are not going to do said thing on highly requested features like this one...well, don't hold your breath for it...or if a dev ends up reading this, at least give us an offical reason as to why this feature couldn't be implemented as a slider change or at the very least a costume set of some kind.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm not holding my breath, I'm just patiently waiting until they get to it.

(they have more important things to work on right now - imagine if every time they read a player demand they just dropped what they were doing and immediately started on it?)
  • bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm with you on this one 100%. While I don't neccesarrily want to make a BBW type character, I do like making big buff warrior goddesses.

I like to make my characters nice and curvy... I don't think I have ever had the "waist" slider anywhere other than all-the-way-to-the-right-100% on any of my characters. This is meant to be a fantasy after all, and my fantasy doesn't involve any skinny little anorexic girls :D

EDIT: ME WANT SNOO SNOO!!!!!!!

they are called elves :)

Seriously, I'm all for this...
    maxresdefault.jpg
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sanmerci wrote: »
    Seems like it might be time to bring this up again...

Just made a violent, half-wolf/half-human nemesis for my automaton. Her name is Feral and she's supposed to be absolutely massive. Sadly, while she's tall and fairly athletic, she's not nearly as imposing as she ought to be.

Any word on the possibility of getting some expanded body shapes and sliders for the womenfolk to give some parity with the men?

about the same chance as it being adjusted so that we can make females who AREN'T top heavy , wasp waisted females OR where the WAIST slider is actually the WAIST slider instead of the butt slider
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg