test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So uh..SG headquarters...

xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
So uh...yeah...Can we have them? Pretty please?
Post edited by xcaligax on

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    So uh...yeah...Can we have them? Pretty please?

You'll get nothing and like it, Spalding!

:wink:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If they won't even finish the personal hideouts, I think you're in for a very long wait for SG bases.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Didnt they promise these a loooong time ago? :frown:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    TOR just got them, WS will have them, time for CO to have them!
    edited March 2014
    Soon TM
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If they won't even finish the personal hideouts, I think you're in for a very long wait for SG bases.

And would they really add to a personal hideout though? One of the reasons was personal crafting tables, that really isn't needed anymore. we have our personal storage space. Personal tailor, AH or any of that would actually hurt any need for an SG HQ actually. So other than more RP space, I can't really think of a use. And as much as I would like more decorative power, it still boils down to SG HQs would need the birth of functionality that Hideouts should not have.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I still think our alts should be loitering around our hideouts. Give it a kind of 'personal flair' to an otherwise run-of-the-mill hideout.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I heard the word on the street is that they'll start working on SG HQs right after they are finished with Vehicles and implemention of the Foundry.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited March 2014
    championshewolf tangents:

And would they really add to a personal hideout though? One of the reasons was personal crafting tables, that really isn't needed anymore. we have our personal storage space. Personal tailor, AH or any of that would actually hurt any need for an SG HQ actually. So other than more RP space, I can't really think of a use. And as much as I would like more decorative power, it still boils down to SG HQs would need the birth of functionality that Hideouts should not have.

It's not about need or functionality, it's about attitude towards their projects. It's about how I wouldn't expect someone that builds a "house" and leaves two rooms unfinished in perpetuity to jump right on building an "apartment building".
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited March 2014
    It's not about need or functionality, it's about attitude towards their projects. It's about how I wouldn't expect someone that builds a "house" and leaves two rooms unfinished in perpetuity to jump right on building an "apartment building".

Hideouts wasn't their project. It was a pet project from Tumerboy and he got moved before he could finish it. Whether that move was mandatory or by request is another story.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As long as I don't need 50 players to help level it up for next to diddly in reward, like in STO, I'm all for it.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    Hideouts wasn't their project. It was a pet project from Tumerboy and he got moved before he could finish it. Whether that move was mandatory or by request is another story.

It wasn't sold by Tumerboy, but by company, and in Z-Store. Not in private developer workshop.
    Who made it doesn't matter at this point.

If rooms can't be completed because company suddenly have no person capable of level editing (and obviously new maps were made by elves), then said rooms needs to be entirely cleaned and removed, to avoid cluttering maps.

I'm not interested in SG headquarters. They're terrible feature in STO. Game was better without them.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd much rather be able to see and modify the SG Leader's Rank Name since in its current state it just falls off the UI unable to be selected. Forever unchangeable.

For SG Bases, I'd imagine some kind of mini-foundry, otherwise it'll be as boring as Skyrim Housing. And since I don't see a Foundry or Mini-Foundry in our futures... Yeah, we're not getting SG Bases. :frown:
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

edited March 2014
    meedacthunist sees it:

It wasn't sold by Tumerboy, but by company, and in Z-Store. Not private developer workshop.
    Who made it doesn't matter at this point.

If rooms can't be completed because company suddenly have no person capable of level editing (and obviously new maps were made by elves), then said rooms needs to be entirely cleaned and removed, to avoid cluttering maps.

Exactly. The whole "well Tumerboy left..." excuse is weak and always has been. It's just sloppy management.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's a tech issue.
    It's a tech issue.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited March 2014
    deadman20 wrote: »
    For SG Bases, I'd imagine some kind of mini-foundry, otherwise it'll be as boring as Skyrim Housing.
    Housing is never boring in Skyrim when you can have your housecarls in bikinis dancing at the table. You need to look after better housing mods, lol.

Question is, if we can count on bikini dancers in CO guild bases? If not, bases are not really needed.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I so wanted to go YOUR FACE! to the OP but as others have mentioned devs did mention this YEARS AGO.

So /signed.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    deadman20 wrote: »
    I'd much rather be able to see and modify the SG Leader's Rank Name since in its current state it just falls off the UI unable to be selected. Forever unchangeable.

Change your UI sizing to a smaller amount, it's on first tab on options. Make your changes and turn the UI back up.
  • originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Housing is never boring in Skyrim when you can have your housecarls in bikinis dancing at the table. You need to look after better housing mods, lol.

Question is, if we can count on bikini dancers in CO guild bases? If not, bases are not really needed.

If I wanted bikini-clad table dancers, I'll go to Caprice.
    edited March 2014
    Exactly. The whole "well Tumerboy left..." excuse is weak and always has been. It's just sloppy management.

Agreed. He's still with Cryptic they just promoted him to their flagship game. T.B is a great chap and its good Cryptic value his work but they should have had a proper replacement in place for Champions when its main environment guy boldly went.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Agreed. He's still with Cryptic they just promoted him to their flagship game. T.B is a great chap and its good Cryptic value his work but they should have had a proper replacement in place for Champions when its main environment guy boldly went.

I'm inclined to think that they did get a proper replacement. The Lemurian Invasion map, the interior of Cyberlord's ship and the cyberscape of the SOCRATES network didn't just magic itself together in his absence.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited March 2014
    I'm inclined to think that they did get a proper replacement. The Lemurian Invasion map, the interior of Cyberlord's ship and the cyberscape of the SOCRATES network didn't just magic itself together in his absence.

Champions got A replacement. Not a PROPER replacement. Theres a difference.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    No, they mentioned the idea a looooong time ago, and some folks took that as a promise. That's part of why the devs gave up on telling us about what they'd like to do - people kept taking those as iron-clad promises, and blowing up the forums and the in-game chat when the ideas fell through. (cf original vehicle proposal)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • captaincasauboncaptaincasaubon Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A headquarters for Super-Heroes is integral to comics history. The Baxter Building, Hall of Justice and Xavier's School are iconic and vital parts of the super-hero lore and legends.

CO is a great super-hero game and having a headquarters for SG's to access should be a given, especially when you consider the number of MMO's that consider this feature standard.
    Play Hard!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@Casaubon ~
    edited March 2014
    Champions got A replacement. Not a PROPER replacement. Theres a difference.

You're gonna have to define what you consider to be a "proper" replacement.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited March 2014
    These things aren't the fault of any "replacement" anyway; it's the fault of the people that are telling them what to do. These people aren't working in a vacuum.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    the problem with that, is you get the STO starbase syndrome where super groups become required if you want the best stuff.

that should never have happened in STO and should not happen here. especially since we saw how small fleets suffered over there.

Except there's a little thing that gives you gear that, in some cases, exceeds fleet gear in terms of performance; Romulan Plasma, available from the reputation system, tends to be the superior choice over standard Plasma, which is what the fleet version uses. Not to mention sexy set bonuses from said reputation items.

On-topic, I like the idea, but I'd rather the developers work on new missions and the like before seeing something like this. There's also the functionality issue; what use would they serve when player hideouts already can do a fair bit?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »

They promised nothing. It was on the UNTIL report as a future item they would like to implement, but that was back when Tumorboy was on this game.

Unless they can charge us for every little bit (which the players will complain about) I don't see this ever coming to fruition.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited March 2014
    p0temk1n wrote: »
    Except there's a little thing that gives you gear that, in some cases, exceeds fleet gear in terms of performance; Romulan Plasma, available from the reputation system, tends to be the superior choice over standard Plasma, which is what the fleet version uses. Not to mention sexy set bonuses from said reputation items.

On-topic, I like the idea, but I'd rather the developers work on new missions and the like before seeing something like this. There's also the functionality issue; what use would they serve when player hideouts already can do a fair bit?

It would be nice to have them like the Hideouts from CoH which gave you teleporters (when earned) to the different Zones...course they had WAY more places to go...
    edited March 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    the problem with that, is you get the STO starbase syndrome where super groups become required if you want the best stuff.

that should never have happened in STO and should not happen here. especially since we saw how small fleets suffered over there.

That's not a problem. This is an MMO. if you can't handle this is an MMO, then you are definitely playing the wrong game.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited March 2014
    bwdares wrote: »
    It would be nice to have them like the Hideouts from CoH which gave you teleporters (when earned) to the different Zones...course they had WAY more places to go...

Yeah, "Teleport to any of the 6 zones from the safety of your hideout!" doesn't quite sound like a selling point.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
    edited March 2014
    p0temk1n wrote: »
    Yeah, "Teleport to any of the 6 zones from the safety of your hideout!" doesn't quite sound like a selling point.

Better than nothing...kind of...:)
    edited March 2014
    That's not a problem. This is an MMO. if you can't handle this is an MMO, then you are definitely playing the wrong game.

Yeah, for super group bases you should expect some sort of group be needed for something...since its a group hideout.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I don't think Gradii meant "super group" in the CO sense of "themed synonym for guild", but just a large guild in general. Fleet bases in STO have a scaling problem. Large fleets can farm "crafting" mats quickly enough to max out their bases in a reasonable span of time. Small fleets, though, are on one of the worst grinds of any Cryptic game. I don't know if comparisons to the time-dilating, soul-sucking Rank 3 Crafted Travel Power farm/grind are appropriate, but that's the impression I get from some STO folks.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited March 2014
    It does require dedication, but small groups need to expend more effort per member to expand bases, which turns problematic when bases need dilithium (STO's Questionite-equivalent) to expand, and pretty much all the end-game gear needs dilithium to acquire. It's not as bad as the CTP grind, since you're all in this together, but it gets pretty rough if you only have a few people regularly contributing and the rest are just freeloading and dumping Fleet Marks the second a new project opens up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2014
    You're gonna have to define what you consider to be a "proper" replacement.

One that doesn't help make alerts based on CO's most hated zone. Cause thats what the game needed so much ...MORE LAMEuria ._.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One that doesn't help make alerts based on CO's most hated zone. Cause thats what the game needed so much ...MORE LAMEuria ._.
    So, you're under the impression that the Environmental Artist gets to dictate which Environment he gets to apply his Art to?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited March 2014

There's quite a bit wrong with that but I can't bring myself to argue right now.

Iguess_zps46e38358.jpg
  • ramthananaxramthananax Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sure, but they'll be in a dropbox only.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We should get a hideout lockbox! YEAH!

I would love this so much, and hey if they cared about making the game fun at all they could even allow us to set up 5v5 team duels inside the SG base!
    edited March 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, you're under the impression that the Environmental Artist gets to dictate which Environment he gets to apply his Art to?

I said HELP make. They didnt need to help make that alert they could have phoned Bono then went on hunger strike >_>

Hold up I might be confusing Tibet with Lameuria.
    edited March 2014
    STO guild bases have serious flaw with how their grind scales with large guilds, and how with smaller ones.
    It's quite easy to level your fleet base for large guilds, but smaller ones may never see any meaningful progress, not without turning their whole gameplay into kind of unpaid, grindy work.
    And that's needed for having best ships.

So, what exactly would be exclusive as a reward for heavy grind in SG bases, to make them needed in CO? Pre-alert costume unlocks, new costumes, or new gear, possibly even better than legion or justice? Whatever this thing would be, it must be something exclusive for SG bases only.

No, really. SG bases may be nice idea, but not if they will be handled like in STO. In this case, it's better to not have any.

STO system was a huge mistake and doesn't really need to be repeated in CO.

Plus, CO no longer has population to even start multiple guilds of the same size as they're in STO.
    edited March 2014
    STO guild bases have serious flaw with how their grind scales with large guilds, and how with smaller ones.
    It's quite easy to level your fleet base for large guilds, but smaller ones may never see any meaningful progress, not without turning their whole gameplay into kind of unpaid, grindy work.
    And that's needed for having best ships.

So, what exactly would be exclusive as a reward for heavy grind in SG bases, to make them needed in CO? Pre-alert costume unlocks, new costumes, or new gear, possibly even better than legion or justice? Whatever this thing would be, it must be something exclusive for SG bases only.

No, really. SG bases may be nice idea, but not if they will be handled like in STO. In this case, it's better to not have any.

STO system was a huge mistake and doesn't really need to be repeated in CO.

Plus, CO no longer has population to even start multiple guilds of the same size as they're in STO.

Understood.

Personally, all I am looking for is a SG Hall/Meeting Place/HQ with a few skin options and some basic functionality. This would be filling out Super-Hero lore nicely in a great Super-Hero game.
    Play Hard!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@Casaubon ~
    edited March 2014
    bwdares wrote: »
    They promised nothing. It was on the UNTIL report as a future item they would like to implement, but that was back when Tumorboy was on this game.

Unless they can charge us for every little bit (which the players will complain about) I don't see this ever coming to fruition.

If it was implemented as a paid feature, i would certainly spring for my SG's base.
    Play Hard!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@Casaubon ~
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    SG bases could be cool if they were tied into a SG Nemesis, who was then tied into mission arcs that involved the base. E.g. a series of missions that involved the Nemesis attacking the base at some point in the mission chain. Maybe another mission chain about why the lethality settings in the danger room are disabled. And so on. Missions wouldn't be the sole reason for the base, but could be one component among others.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!