test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes, March 27th, 2014

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2014 in Release Notes
Release notes for 3/27.

FoxbatCon (April Event)

This year, Millennium City is hosting FoxbatCon, the world's premier Foxbat-themed Superhero convention! Come down to Renaissance Center and meet the stars of the 1960s Foxbat TV show. Special Guest of Honor: Foxbat himself! (If anyone knows the current whereabouts of Foxbat, please contact the information desk immediately.)

*During this event, defeated enemies will sometimes drop FoxbatCon Swag Bags which contain fun prizes. Look for missions from Defender and from Mayor Biselle on the stage.

"Foxbat: The Movie" Lockbox

Defeated enemies now drop the “Foxbat: The Movie” lockbox. Potential prizes include the Skyfox vehicle and the 90s Foxbat costume set.

UI

The Toy Master's store has been updated to the newer tabbed-style stores to make it more readable.

The Costume Quartermaster has been removed, as he no longer serves a useful purpose.

Fire And Ice

Frosticus can now reach out to 100 feet with his Frozen Dagger attack.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Costume Quartermaster has been removed, as he no longer serves a useful purpose

I will miss him.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fire And Ice

Frosticus can now reach out to 100 feet with his Frozen Dagger attack.

That is a well timed change.
  • yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Costume Quartermaster has been removed, as he no longer serves a useful purpose

:eek: Yes he did! I always went to him to sell off all the junk I collected while running missions. Now who will buy it from me? :tongue:
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    CQrip_zpsa05d11c1.png
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Costume Quartermaster has been removed, as he no longer serves a useful purpose.

Whoah, whoah, hold the heck up!

Wasn't he like the ONLY guy you could vend stuff to in Ren Ctr?!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Sure he does/did. He was another guy we could see our stuff to.

Personally, I think that we need a lot more vendors to sell our extras to so that we need never stop fighting crime. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Ha Ha.

I just realized that out of six reply to the RN, five are responding about the removal of a very minor NPC Vendor (self included).

That's kind of funny. Ten again, we are a funny lot, aren't we? :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • ignengiignengi Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've never sold to the Costume Quartermaster, and to be honest had hardly ever taken notice of him standing around. I always sell loot at the Collections Agent standing near Lt. Patil and Defender.
    FoxbatCon (April Event)

April event? Does this imply that there will be other monthly events? Even if not, I'm still looking forward to the FoxbatCon event. Thanks!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    oniganon wrote: »
    Whoah, whoah, hold the heck up!

Wasn't he like the ONLY guy you could vend stuff to in Ren Ctr?!
    About twenty feet or so clockwise, there's the dude dressed like a stage magician who sells heals. He buys everything too.

And there's the new guy near Defender, and the now-useless magic tutor in one of the buildings, and...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are plenty of people to vendor trash with in RenCen.

That said, I still wish they gave him a purpose (like, change the store to offer costume parts that were pulled from On Alert).
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes, the original Sell Your Crap To Vendor stands left side of Defender's Booth. In a pathway of selfcentered, annoying, pushy stampeding citizens that will ram you away from the Vendor if you stand inch in the wrong spot. You end up being a pinball bouncing different directions and if lucky, find yourself standing next to, now lost Costume Quatermaster....
    Keep on improving, Cryptic!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    scorpagor wrote: »
    CQrip_zpsa05d11c1.png

Oh, sure. Millennium City kicks another android to the street, and he can't collect unemployment because he's an AI. If you see this poor schlub at the bar, be sure to buy him a drink. Not because he's drowning his sorrows (I don't even know if he has an emotion processor), but because his fuel cell might be running low.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited March 2014
    I predict that the Quartermaster will return quickly, but he'll be packaged as New Quartermaster. And then there'll be an other brief, but louder, uproar which will lead to another re-packaging that will be labeled Classic Quartermaster, but sadly, this, too, is a trick as he will actually be filled with HFCS instead of cane sugar.

Yup. I had to reach back to 1985 to create that joke.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited March 2014
    I predict that the Quartermaster will return quickly, but he'll be packaged as New Quartermaster. And then there'll be an other brief, but louder, uproar which will lead to another re-packaging that will be labeled Classic Quartermaster, but sadly, this, too, is a trick as he will actually be filled with HFCS instead of cane sugar.

Yup. I had to reach back to 1985 to create that joke.

Wait until they release Crystal Toy Quartermaster. Civilians wondering what they're running into on an empty plinth, Van Hagar pumped into RenCen 24/7... then the regular Toy Quartermaster will come back and Crystal Toy Quartermaster will get moved to that area between the back of the bank and the Detroit River that nobody goes to.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are at least six more vendors in the RenCen:

Karneeki the Great
    Toymaster
    Skill Trainers (three of those)
    Requisitions Officer

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014

While we're talking about useless things that might as well be removed, there's these things called vehicles....

:biggrin:
  • heavynosferatuheavynosferatu Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh, sure. Millennium City kicks another android to the street, and he can't collect unemployment because he's an AI. If you see this poor schlub at the bar, be sure to buy him a drink. Not because he's drowning his sorrows (I don't even know if he has an emotion processor), but because his fuel cell might be running low.

I would love to see him in the various bars in the game, begging for a few Locals to get a drink. Cryptic, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
    Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They really should have the Costume Quartermaster have some sort of cameo in a later event. That's be hilarious... maybe he's a villain, upset that he was cast away for being 'obsolete', and is now out for revenge on the heroes that shunned him!

Well, at least, that'd make for a good Nemesis idea.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    There are at least six more vendors in the RenCen:

Toymaster

This guy no longer has a sell option for me, anyone else get that problem? I always went to him because the traffic near Defender was just too much
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
    edited March 2014
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    They really should have the Costume Quartermaster have some sort of cameo in a later event. That's be hilarious... maybe he's a villain, upset that he was cast away for being 'obsolete', and is now out for revenge on the heroes that shunned him!

Well, at least, that'd make for a good Nemesis idea.

If we had a sidekick system, Prime would hire him in a clock cycle.

/side-eyes TT and LordGar
    edited March 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbIDsI2frXqsnNAwKYcyAtPX__o1q-EXljQBW_W2zUNyeO7Elh

I'd be happy to Repair you.....

Hey, Sister Silicon Prime doesn't let just anybody work a screwdriver around her.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    About twenty feet or so clockwise, there's the dude dressed like a stage magician who sells heals. He buys everything too.

Yeah, I always sell my stuff off to Karneeki. Great chap, dresses flashy too.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ignengi wrote: »
    I've never sold to the Costume Quartermaster, and to be honest had hardly ever taken notice of him standing around. I always sell loot at the Collections Agent standing near Lt. Patil and Defender. /QUOTE]

Same here I always sell to the Collections Agents. same goes for the toy master never used him
    Psi.
    edited March 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Yes, the original Sell Your Crap To Vendor stands left side of Defender's Booth. In a pathway of selfcentered, annoying, pushy stampeding citizens that will ram you away from the Vendor if you stand inch in the wrong spot. You end up being a pinball bouncing different directions and if lucky, find yourself standing next to, now lost Costume Quatermaster....
    Keep on improving, Cryptic!

Yeah I want them to remove the NPCS or don't make them brick walls. So they can't push you or stop you when you hit an NPCs with your tank or jet.
    Psi.
    edited March 2014
    While we're talking about useless things that might as well be removed, there's these things called vehicles....

:biggrin:

Is that the best joke you could come up with?. No really there is alot more worse things then you people moaning about a new content. Like I said before its their choice what they give us, just be thankful we got anything at all.

Sure the vehicles are a bit game breaking due to no hero whuold drive a giant tank when they can easily fly. but that's up to the player who makes their toon.

And damm right the vehicles are a pain and crap due to their very VERY short limitations of choices to do things to them like change color or style like a costume.

But guys please stop moaning about this....god its like the mass effect 3 ending allover agien. Or my qularr wife...yes I have a wife...who's like this....and scorpagor this is your fault if I die if she finds this out..you here me?

But please all jokes aside just drop the subject before it duos turn into the Mass Effect Endings. Please....
    Psi.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Crying about people crying....
    What, are you somekind of internet god that smites down all that don't play your way?
    Please stop moaning about it.
    Yea, you made your thread, stop spreading it on every other thread you post. Please....

And i think you should change your sig text.... You're asking things that won't happen:rolleyes:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • fusion200fusion200 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This doesn't have anything with this thread to do, but I need help and I can't make a thread yet, but my character creation keeps on failing, what should I do?
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    fusion200 wrote: »
    This doesn't have anything with this thread to do, but I need help and I can't make a thread yet, but my character creation keeps on failing, what should I do?

Define 'failing' and I'll be glad to help you out.
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    fusion200 wrote: »

You might have some unpurchased items on your character. There's a weird bug that, while creating a new character, shows certain items as "purchased/already owned". Click the checkbox "Hide unowned/Show only owned" towards the bottom of the screen while creating your character. Anything that's unowned that still shows up on the list won't appear on your character when you select it. That should help, if that's the problem. :o
    Champions: @ace112233
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If your CO is crashing in the tailor, you might want to go to options and find where it says 'raise settings in Character Creator/tailor' (or something like that) and make sure that is off. My old comp used to overheat in the tailor.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    how exactly is it failing?

if it's a costume peice, you may be trying to use one you don't have access to. After doing the Tutorial for the first time or getting to level 10, you get more.

if it's the name, it's either a blocked name or is setting off the profanity filter.

if you get to "go to tutorial" and its not creating. try relogging. I've had it get stuck there, I just relogged and it went ok.

if it's your first character, I advise doing the tutorial. I'm not sure if it's compulsary but it may stop you too.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    if it's your first character, I advise doing the tutorial. I'm not sure if it's compulsary but it may stop you too.
    In fact, on your first toon, you can't select to skip the tutorial. It's both mandatory and enforced.

And yes, once you've gotten your first character up and running and made it to level 10 (which might take an hour or so, since you're new to this), go back to the tailor at RenCen (that big circle of buildings you appear in after you finish the tutorial - the tailors are under the semicircular awning) or inside the Powerhouse and be astonished at the variety of costume parts you suddenly have. Fortunately, they'll all be there for any subsequent characters from the moment of creation.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would like to all let you know for the past year I have been aware this would happen to costume quatermaster, so I have been selling him all my useless junk, and now hes gone, and I miss him very much. D; Can someone please give me his costume as a file, I wana carry on his legacy.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    CQrip_zpsa05d11c1.png

Correction; he appeared in 2010 after changes were made to Vibora Bay costume drops.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I thought he(and his sidekick) were in beta but she vanished and he got turned into a robot when they changed the VB unlocks from BoP to BoE?
    2s9bzbq.jpg