test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does Elusive from Warden works in Gravitar?

avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Power Discussion
I'm in the position of Updating and Re-gearing some of my First FreeForm characters, and I need to everything to Increase one specific character's survivability against Gravitar (He eats Undodged 3000 damage from Gravitar's Force Cascade Spam, this isn't even funny it's irritating and I had the same problem even before Dodge-Nerf)

Anyway I was wondering does the Elusive from the Warden COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Increases your Resistance to AoE attacks by 10%/20%[/B][/COLOR actually works?

Does it WORK in Gravitar? or is it yet another Bugged Spec Tree just like Brush it off from the Dexterity? (as seen on this Thread here http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=212001 which confirms that Brush it off is NOT working)
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are many 'broken' specs and many 'usefully-useless' specs as well as spec 'combinations' that randomly break and fix themselves without even acknowledgement from the update notes(remember selfless ally? I do!). One would be better off just accepting cold hard number increases that they "can" see instead of the 'hidden' values and figures that the game tries to tell us exists and even then the tool-tip lies(Palliate critting & Illumination stacking).

Rant over, here are the tools to help you on your quest:

There are two ways to find out if Elusive works on Gravitar.

Do you gain Locus stacks at all from Gravitar? If yes, then one can assume(but without certainty) that Elusive from Warden works in Gravitar.(I cannot recall if I used Locus inside of Gravitar..but I know that I've never actively used Locus outside of the powerhouse)

Now then, the other way is a bit harder. Equip nothing and run into Gravitar with only the Warden "Elusive" spec. The first random cascade that pops you in the face(and kills you) will show up on your combat log. If it is mitigated then Elusive works in Gravitar.

Oh, BTW Elusive 'does' work. I just don't know for certainty if it works on Gravitar.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Based on Ayona's logic, it should be working. I used to run my main build with Locus stacks, and I distinctly remember gaining stacks of those in Gravitar while only using single target attacks against her. This tells me that her attacks are indeed flagged as AoE. I can find out indefinitely just to make sure, and fight a cosmic level entity on the PTS just to be sure. I'll get back to you on this.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmm, I can see the Logic behind this!

Lucus (From Guardian) DOES indeed stuck from my personal experience from Gravitar I can Confirm this!
    Lucus definetly gets triggered by her Force Cascades, Not sure by her Big Bubble Domes though

Now we need to Confirm Elusive
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The things I do for science :|

No gear, full spec gave me only ~4% defense:

14dj11h.jpg

Blocked a few force bubbles that were for less than the expected regular block (~28% vs. 33% dmg taken). But the coup de grace (was a crit too, yay):

ojh8b4.jpg

79.98% of base dmg taken.

Think that clears that up :p
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited March 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    The things I do for science :|

No gear, full spec gave me only ~4% defense:

Blocked a few force bubbles that were for less than the expected regular block (~28% vs. 33% dmg taken). But the coup de grace (was a crit too, yay):

79.98% of base dmg taken.

Think that clears that up :p

WOW! :eek:
    Dude Thanks a lot for testing it and Sorry for going in so much Trouble for Science

I really Appreciate! :smile:

It's good to see that the Spec works as indeeded and it's not bugged as DEX's Brush it Off
    One more Usefull tree to start using!
    edited March 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    WOW! :eek:
    Dude Thanks a lot for testing it and Sorry for going in so much Trouble for Science

I really Appreciate! :smile:

It's good to see that the Spec works as indeeded and it's not bugged as DEX's Brush it Off
    One more Usefull tree to start using!

ah, its np. A kind ally ressed me- I ran behind a building, got 'dressed', and exacted vengeance XD

oh, before I fully lose the memory (can't read the log anymore)- one of the blocked detonations was ~8.5k base, blocked for ~2.4k instead of the expected ~2.8k. Elusive seems to work w/ block, but not quite in a straightforward manner it seems (that, or really high damage resist makes it not as good).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    edited March 2014
    As per the link Avianos listed in the OP, apparently Brush It Off isn't working, at least vs. Gravi's aoe attacks, or worse vs. any enemy supervillain rank or higher. I dun have a toon w/ high enough dodge to further test or confirm this w/o spending too many resources, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed true :/
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well Brush if Off is significantly easier...or harder...to test!

Just get base dodge and duel someone with Despondency then have them AoE attack your face while making sure to keep Despondency up until you either see a dodge roll or 5 minutes have passed. This tests to see if it even works at all!

Then, if it 'does' work do the exact same test but move your duel to where a cosmic or legendary spawns and..well..repeat until you finally see the dodge roll or at least one hour has passed.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's easy to test.

Go to pts
    Take a def passive + rank 3 block
    Go to Qwyjibo on Monster Isle and hold your block....occasionally heal so that you don't die.
    Turn on your combatlog via /combatlog 1
    After 10-20 mins, turn it off and dump your combatlog file into excel
    Calculate % of hits you dodged

Did you dodge 1 in 10 hits or closer to 1 in 5 hits?
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    edited March 2014
    oniganon wrote: »
    Okay I clicked the link and now I see Find The Mark is broken?!

I seem to haven't noticed that the Find The Mark is also bugged O_o

Well seems like more Specs are Bugged than I though and some don't effect certain Powers (Bionic Shielding seems to be Uneffected by EVERY Healing Boost Spec)

I feel that the Whole Spec Mastery should be Redone! Most of the Specs have useless Masteries which people avoid!
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Find the Mark feels OK to me too.
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    flowcyto wrote: »

oh, before I fully lose the memory (can't read the log anymore)- one of the blocked detonations was ~8.5k base, blocked for ~2.4k instead of the expected ~2.8k. Elusive seems to work w/ block, but not quite in a straightforward manner it seems (that, or really high damage resist makes it not as good).

Elusive from Warden stacks in the block layer.

Basic damage formula:
    Damage taken = Base damage*1/(1+%defense bonuses)*1/(1+%block bonuses)

Character: 113% defense, no passive, Warden 2/2 Elusive, base block (200%).
    Underlined number is base damage, underlined number in parentheses is damage recorded.

Fireball throw (ST):
    501*1/(1+1.13) = 235 (236)

Dark bolt (ST, blocked):
    255/(1+1.13)*1/(1+2) = 40 (40)

Lava pool (AOE):
    1762*1/(1+1.13)*1/(1+0.2) = 689 (691)

Lava pool (AOE, blocked):
    1717*1/(1+1.13)*(1/(1+2+0.2)) = 252 (252)

Stomp (AOE, blocked):
    6355*1/(1+1.13)*(1/(1+2+0.2)) = 932 (935)

Thanks to Qwyjibo and a random Lemurian for participating in testing.
    edited January 2015
    jimhsua wrote: »
    Bump.

I'm fairly certain that Elusive from Warden stacks in the block layer.
    Yeah, when I did the test before I didn't know about the different layering for Block, but now it makes sense.

Thanks for the analysis, Jim.
    gradii wrote:
    We need a stash of giant flaming bananas for all those times we test things on Qwyjibo.

Good monkey!
    Well, Dex PSS's Brush It Off still hasn't been verified to fully work yet, at least vs. all types of targets.