test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A plea for the community to grasp the truth

skylygerskylyger Posts: 227 Arc User
I am so very tired and honestly get depressed to the point of thinking drinking a bottle bleach would be easier to stomach then all the griping and moaning by people who really should know better by now.

Look if your a CO fanboi stop asking for more and be happy with what there is.

And for the love of all that is good and pure in the Multi Verse stop with the petitions or suggestions for things YOU KNOW CANT EVER HAPPEN!

CO will never see another fully developed zone added. CO will never see anything resembling meaningful content updates every 3 months representing a fair return to subscribers. Subbing here is purely to pay for the privilege to enjoy COs one half decent semi free form character builder and the slightly and I do mean slightly more advanced character creator they outright imitated from their previous game that cryptic too failed to tend to or develop and had it taken from them.

CO will never have again a DEV team staffed with enough manpower to do entire new art for things like weapons let alone fix the badly animated weapon using attacks we have had since launch.

CO will never have more then easily added in with the barest fraction of energy or investment in man power and money used to make it so ideas.

So please grow up, and learn to accept the things that can not be changed, for in COs case whatever path it is on, wherever fate is taking us, its a course as certain as a line drawn in cement and left there when it dries. Certainly it had potential as infinite as a newborn kryptonian falling to earth, or a young boy watching his parents turn to meat in an instant one dark night. Now it is just a lhighschool prom queen a few years past her prime at a bar hitting on her dads co workers desperate for a few free drinks and if your lucky, you wont get drunk enough to think yourself lucky when you take her home because you got to drunk to know better.

CO we love you for what you are, so those who are not happy with that, let go of unfair and foolishly high hopes and ideals and accept what is, rather then insisting it become something it simply cant hope to be.

If she isnt enough let go and move on, instead of trying to badger her into submission.
Post edited by skylyger on

Comments

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is not giving a crap one way or the other acceptable? You might want to look into it yourself, for the sake of your stomach. :wink:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    skylyger wrote: »
    I am<snip>

What ever you're smoking, don't pass it around. It's full of depression.
    You need to go outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Pick some flowers and dance around in the meadow and listen birds singing.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jadetorajadetora Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    What ever you're smoking, don't pass it around. It's full of depression.
    You need to go outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Pick some flowers and dance around in the meadow and listen birds singing.

Agreed.

Dude, go have a Disney moment. You needs to frolic with the woodland creatures and sing an impromptu song while they sew you a dress, steal all your clothes, and then re-outfit you.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am so very tired and honestly get depressed to the point of thinking drinking a bottle bleach would be easier to stomach then all the griping and moaning by people who really should know better by now.

Look if your a CO fanboi stop asking for more and be happy with what there is.

And for the love of all that is good and pure in the Multi Verse stop with the petitions or suggestions for things YOU KNOW CANT EVER HAPPEN!

CO will never see another fully developed zone added. CO will never see anything resembling meaningful content updates every 3 months representing a fair return to subscribers. Subbing here is purely to pay for the privilege to enjoy COs one half decent semi free form character builder and the slightly and I do mean slightly more advanced character creator they outright imitated from their previous game that cryptic too failed to tend to or develop and had it taken from them.

CO will never have again a DEV team staffed with enough manpower to do entire new art for things like weapons let alone fix the badly animated weapon using attacks we have had since launch.

CO will never have more then easily added in with the barest fraction of energy or investment in man power and money used to make it so ideas.

So please grow up, and learn to accept the things that can not be changed, for in COs case whatever path it is on, wherever fate is taking us, its a course as certain as a line drawn in cement and left there when it dries. Certainly it had potential as infinite as a newborn kryptonian falling to earth, or a young boy watching his parents turn to meat in an instant one dark night. Now it is just a lhighschool prom queen a few years past her prime at a bar hitting on her dads co workers desperate for a few free drinks and if your lucky, you wont get drunk enough to think yourself lucky when you take her home because you got to drunk to know better.

CO we love you for what you are, so those who are not happy with that, let go of unfair and foolishly high hopes and ideals and accept what is, rather then insisting it become something it simply cant hope to be.

If she isnt enough let go and move on, instead of trying to badger her into submission.

How much is Titan paying for this nonsense?
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2014

This one made me laugh...

Cause obviously a studio with no money and only unpaid volunteers can pay commenters...

Now if you were to say that about H&V... GG group have already tried that by discrediting the other 2 projects.

Regarding the OP.

No.

I wont stop asking for things to make the game better, i wont stop asking for things that will improve the quality of the game and i wont stop dreaming that this game can be made better.

Maybe it won't happen, but at least it wont be due to lack of try on my part and that of others WHO do want the game to improve. Yes, most likely we are not heard, we are ignored... so what? Maybe eventually we'll be noticed. At least we are trying.
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited March 2014

For example ?

CO will never see another fully developed zone added.

Who said that?

Any source link?

Your statement here is exactly the opposite of what we have been told by the devs...they said they want to hear our suggestions...

P.S. This post reads like you are frustrated...or you want to grab some attention in the forums...however this is not even constructive criticism.. this is a thread of Btthurt...
  • jayleia1jayleia1 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Funny...actually, not really...but the substantive points raised are quite valid. We can barely get the community manager to say anything to us, and even then its usually just a "news" post or a useless joke. Oh, yes, he's quite nice and hands out useless action figures, and sometimes he will pass on news to devs about game-breaking bugs...because what few devs we have don't even know what we're playing.

Why would they need to pay Cryptic's customers to be annoyed? I pay and pay...for some insane reason, and you think because I'm annoyed with the service I'm NOT getting I'm being paid by the competition?

THEY DON'T NEED TO PAY ME, CRYPTIC HAS ALREADY PAID ME TO BE ANGRY AT THEIR GAME, AND THEY KEEP ADDING TO THAT ACCOUNT EVERY DAY.
  • jayleia1jayleia1 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    For example ?

New, continuous content (like APs or Comic Series), rather than mere 10 minute custom alerts, things that move the storyline and universe of Champions on.
    Who said that?

Any source link?

You know they didn't, and WOULDN'T say that. But when was the last time one was added, or showed a new one in development, or gave an ETA for a new one, or even talked about a new one?
    Your statement here is exactly the opposite of what we have been told by the devs...they said they want to hear our suggestions...

We've been telling them for years, and our suggestions have not only almost entirely ignored, the fact that the suggestions or even players even exist are practically ignored.
    P.S. This post reads like you are frustrated...or you want to grab some attention in the forums...however this is not even constructive criticism.. this is a thread of Btthurt...

For there to be constructive criticism, there would have to be a willingness to interact with customers on more than a superficial level and a willingness to, if not act directly on major areas of criticism, to acknowledge and explain why that criticism cannot be dealt with satisfactorily, or to create a process that can properly deal with the problems.

They have shown no willingness to do either.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I find it interesting that the fans are tearing into the OP ... when all the OP said is what fans generally tell complainers.

The OP is right -- if you want to accept CO, take it as it is. Don't expect it to ever change, don't look for ways for it to improve.

If it DOES get better, wonderful, but if you aren't happy with it now, better to move on.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    He's also oblivious to the fact that in order for any real product or service to improve, feedback from the customer- whether positive or negative- is required. The company will see no growth, no profit, nothing if they are intent to 'keep things as they are' without hearing their customers' feedback.

If I order a burger from your drive-thru, and the service is slow and the burger is dry- I will tell you. I will use the little 800-number and make my complaint heard. That's how businesses work, at least the ones that want to make a profit.

Hell, even a military operation or training session ends with an After-Action Review where everyone says what went well and what could be improved.
  • jadetorajadetora Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zahinder wrote: »
    I find it interesting that the fans are tearing into the OP ... when all the OP said is what fans generally tell complainers.

The OP is right -- if you want to accept CO, take it as it is. Don't expect it to ever change, don't look for ways for it to improve.

If it DOES get better, wonderful, but if you aren't happy with it now, better to move on.

We seriously doubt any of the players are delusional enough to bank their hopes and dreams on CO changing and improving, but that doesn't mean that players at large aren't going to want it to, and the only way that we as players can show that we want to see positive change in CO is to voice opinions and suggestions even if the reality is that they'll probably be ignored.

It's not necessarily what he said, but the way he said it. It's very defeatist and overtly negative, it sounds like the only one that's been beaten into submission is him.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    I'm going to close this thread. If you wish to start a thread regarding CO's future and what we may or may not see, go ahead, but please keep it tasteful.
This discussion has been closed.