test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is It Possible To Gift A Lifetime Subscription?

arcolfarcolf Posts: 46 Arc User
Greetings and salutations, my fellow denizens of Millenium City and beyond!

I have a question, and it is most likely one that has been answered before - yet my search of the Forums has not yet yielded any answers.

I have a friend that wishes to obtain a Lifetime Subscription - however, they lack the funds to do so. Because of this, I have offered to buy one for them...
But therein lies the question.

How would I go about obtaining a Lifetime Subscription for them?

I see only two options as of now:
  1. Give them my credit card information and allow them to make the purchase that way.
  2. Give them the funds via PayPal and allow them to make the purchase that way.

Option One is unfavorable for obvious reasons. Option two is unfavorable due to PayPal's history of not relinquishing funds for purchases.

I truly wish to gift them a Lifetime Subscription, yet the only two options I see are both unfavorable.

Are there any other options? Perhaps a way to directly gift them the Lifetime Subscription?

Any information, for better or worse, will be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by arcolf on

Comments

• r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited March 2014
    I wish oO

P.S. if you gyus find out a way i would gladly take a lifetime sub if you have one for me =)
  • thatothernemothatothernemo Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I did this for my ex wife. She gave me her game access info. I logged in on the site, and paid for her lifetime. Then I killed all my billing information. She then logged in here and then changed her password, and everyone is happy. Maybe you could do it that way? Hope it helps.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To be blunt?

No.

It's gonna either take a crapton of trust between you folks or it's not gonna happen.

EDIT : Lol, second post already begging for someone to give them one.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • arcolfarcolf Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can assure ye that trust is not an issue in this regard.

I am fully prepared and willing to give them my card credentials, and they their account information.

We're simply seeking other alternatives to tackling this matter that doesn't involve a runaround with the Account Guard System, the Banks, or PayPal.

For information's sake, the two of us are watching this thread and discussing the various replies as they arrive.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some credit cards let you generate a temporary credit card number with a set limit so you don't have to use your real number.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    paypal was the option CS gave me when I asked about it.

i did the same way as thatothermono, which technically is against TOS.

But we know each other and trust each other.

but yes paypal is probably the safest method. you send them the money and they use their account, that way your details aren't somewhere they shouldn't be
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've actually got a LTS to STO that my better half bought me for my birthday last year when it was on sale for $200. But of course I trusted him with my info.
    @Powerblast in game
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    arcolf wrote: »

I have a question, and it is most likely one that has been answered before - yet my search of the Forums has not yet yielded any answers.

I have a friend that wishes to obtain a Lifetime Subscription - however, they lack the funds to do so. Because of this, I have offered to buy one for them...

1. Give them my credit card information and allow them to make the purchase that way.

Option One is unfavorable for obvious reasons. Option two is unfavorable due to PayPal's history of not relinquishing funds for purchases.

I truly wish to gift them a Lifetime Subscription, yet the only two options I see are both unfavorable.

Are there any other options? Perhaps a way to directly gift them the Lifetime Subscription?

You could always purchase a pre-paid debit card and mail it too your friend. I always use paypal for this type of situation, what exactly is wrong with paypal?
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    arcolf wrote: »

This can be done, just start a new account and buy the LTS, Clear out any credit card information and give the account information to your friend .....

This is one way to give a LTS.....