test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server gone?

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
Just like that. disconnected can't get back in.
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here. Was playing with my friend suddenly just kicked out now stuck in the connection to the login server. My friend as the same problem.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    disconnected me too!! glad i wasnt the only one and you can share the pain with me.

- Mabel.
  • insanexadeinsanexade Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just bought a bargan item and was getting ready to compare it with a like item on the AH and poof "item not dound" and Kick!
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my game sat on the character select screen for 3 hours while i was doing other stuff, i select a character get to MC and get d/c. Couldnt connect to account server so shut down client and restarted. took a while but got to the character select screen, now took forever to load maps.

but i seem to be in. for the moment.
  • kheldrynkheldryn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here.. just booted and can't get in.
    Nyte Kitsune-STO and CO LTS Member
    "Nose to the wind, I go!"
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member of STO and CO."
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So it's not just me then?

Yeah, the Login Server appears to have gone out. Did someone spill their coffee on it again? :rolleyes:
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thraexisthraexis Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    its seems all PWE games have crashed. went through all the forums
    everyone saying the same thing.
    edited March 2014
    Guess someone tripped on a power cord again.. you'd think they'd at least put those cords on a separate surge protector. :P jk, But they could at least tell us whats goin on.
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member of STO and CO."
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They need to remember to feed the server hamsters for the weekend.. every time someone forgets they revolt.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I suspect the souped up vehicles and their speed is causing some issues again on the servers.
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And its down again......
    Tjim6oX.png
    edited March 2014
    kheldryn wrote: »
    they could at least tell us whats goin on.

Cryptic will be cryptic. :biggrin:
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

• grengrasgrengras Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dun... dun... DUUUUNNNNN!

PS: Should I add more to this post to avoid it getting flagged as spam by an overzealous mod? Just not sure how many different ways one can point out the fact that the server is dying. :s
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited March 2014
    maybe the that dude with the defaming website ddos'ed the server to stop me from screenshotting -.-
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's what I love about this game. Even after a longer hiatus, you get back one Friday evening and everythhing's exactly as you remembered.

Hmm, or was it that having login issues on too many Friday evenings was one of the reasons I took another hiatus in the first place?
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here. Either something happened to the servers themselves or there is an overload of players on at the moment. Server kicks should be expected more often when an online game is only using one server with multiple layers.
  • lemeistrelemeistre Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, they -did- just do a patch. We all should have (and I did) expected them to break something.:frown:
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Couldn't get map names from map manager"

After selecting Flare and trying to log back in, I get that message and am redirected back to signing in. Think I might be done for the day.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
    edited March 2014
    Login... Server Not Responding.
    Login... Unable to connect to login server.
    Login... Unable to retrieve character list.
    Login... Unable to contact map server.
    Login... Unable to retrieve map names.
    Login... System client is down.
    Login... yay I'm in! ^.^
    >_>
    <_<
    (2 minutes later its down again.)
    Waaaaah! :(:(:(
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Couldn't get map names from map manager"

After selecting Flare and trying to log back in, I get that message and am redirected back to signing in. Think I might be done for the day.

getting same as fire now got kicked out twice
    Psi.
    edited March 2014
    Someone at Cryptic help us. We're addicts and you the pusher have taken away our stash! T_T

Give us back our CO-ke!
    edited March 2014
    Annnddd... Its still messed up.. Managed to get to the character menu, but now every time I pick a character I get a message that reads "Couldn't get names from Map Manager". Lovely.. Good job on not testing things again Cryptic/PWE.
    edited March 2014
    Since I can't do this on CO right now... *ahem*

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

edited March 2014
    Getting some more new error messages on login. Most recent ones were

Error: Port 4240 not enabled.
    Connection to login server timed out.

Joy....
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm having the same issue. Got kicked and cannot log back in. I get to the character select screen and then when I try to go into the game I get the map manager message. Keep seeing people logging in and out.

Rose_sig.png
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    NOOooOOoOOooOooOOOOoooooo!!!!!!
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    funny-pictures-panda-has-technical-difficulties1.jpg

funny-cats-lolcats-it-team.jpg
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
    edited March 2014
    Account server terminated connection.

... umm that can't be good. T_T
  • hewhohaswingshewhohaswings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Considering the fact that it's all their game servers apparently, I would not doubt it being a DDOS issue, this has been happening with several games I've been playing as of late, however not to this extent, normally people get DDOS'd over a group getting upset at choices the game devs/team made, or on the very off chance it may be random, though considering Vehicles 2.0 came out recently I would not be surprised if they were getting DDOS'd due to this, while that doesn't ENTIRELY explain the reason for the other games being DDOS'd, they may be targeting the entire company to bring across a message, though it could also just be random server issues. This is all just observation and such, nothing confirmed, just a wild fancy.
  • keeflvkeeflv Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do they have any sort of Server Status Post or do we just all chat about the outage ourselves. Its a real bummer when I set aside time to be unproductive and I cant. Now I just want to sit her and keep trying to login or post my disappointment.
  • insanexadeinsanexade Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    funny-pictures-panda-has-technical-difficulties1.jpg

funny-cats-lolcats-it-team.jpg

cute and now they cant authenticate, was able to get on for a minute but then had to restart the client to start a ah search. Then I decided to reboot now I cant even get on
  • onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Time to play the waiting game D:
    edited March 2014
    Can't even log into the account server now. I'd say if anything we're going backward here.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well there goes my Indention to Speedrun all Adventure Packs and Comic Series with a new leveling character! :rolleyes:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We're working on it. I don't have any details at the moment, unfortunately.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Well, at least we know you are aware of it and working on it...thanks radioscience.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was on the PTS and it just crashed too :(
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is what I see when I try to get ito the game.
    -
    cgmnfmm-001.jpg
    -

Also, and I am pretty sure it is not connected, but when I tried to get into Forum Social area, the one we can get to by clicking on our avatars? Well, that whole area is gone. I Can no longer get to all of those pics I posted there.

Edit - Well, I just found another reason to not like ARC. I wanted to edit a post I just made. This post. Had to quite ARC and log on using Firefox to use the edit post function.

Dumb. Just dumb.

Edit 2 - Also, what happened to that little social area we could get to by clicking on our avatars. I had put a whole bunch of pics in there so that I could post them to the forum. If it's gone for good it'd be nice to know.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thanks for update. :biggrin:
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• lordsupergreatlordsupergreat Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If it matters to anyone, I've had the same problems trying to log into the CO chat servers with pidgin.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looks like a massive DoS attack to me.

XS
    [NbK]XStorm
  • lordsupergreatlordsupergreat Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nbkxs wrote: »
    Looks like a massive DoS attack to me.

XS

That seems a bit farfetched, honestly. It's more likely just a dumb mistake that got made at the server farm or whatever, and they'll fix it soon.
  • flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi all. There is currently an issue with our network that is affecting all Cryptic games. Our operations team is hard at work on the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    Hi all. There is currently an issue with our network that is affecting all Cryptic games. Our operations team is hard at work on the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you and your feedback is appreciated.
    :biggrin:
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

I am inconvenienced! I demand a roasted quail as a sign of apology and respect to my benevolence and divine patience!

caligastamp.png