test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

High DPS Electric/Stormrbringer build

gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Builds and Roles
I know there are some electric builds around lighting arc like Selphea's ones. This is based on the stormbringer version.

Instead of ball of lighting I added electrocute with adv.
Circle of Ebon wrath for bonus dmg

Survivability is taken care by MD, conviction and resurgence with EM for aggro wiping.
I am planning to use armadillo or cybernetic secondaries depending on the fight.

I want to know any tweek I could still do to this build. Thanks in advance

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: Inhuman
Level 6: Field Ops Training
Level 9: Survival Training
Level 12: Command Training
Level 15: Sniper Training
Level 18: Quick Recovery
Level 21: Ascetic

Powers:
Level 1: Wind Lash
Level 1: Stormbringer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Hurricane (Rank 2, Perfect Storm)
Level 8: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Overdrive
Level 14: Concentration
Level 17: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
Level 20: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
Level 23: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Thunderstrike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Electrocute (Superconductor)
Level 35: Circle of Ebon Wrath (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Resurgence (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Electro Flight
Level 35: Lightning Flash

Specializations:
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Locus (2/2)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One aspect of the build you'd have to test out for urself in terms of feel/preference is choosing between OD w/ Rec, or Ionic Reverb w/ End. From my limited experience w/ each setup, they seem to both be workable, but its prob worth looking into.

(ofc, ya can also make Int+MSA work for the build, but it requires some cd cycling and isn't as straightforward)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gandales wrote: »
    ISurvivability is taken care by MD, conviction and resurgence with EM for aggro wiping.
    I am planning to use armadillo or cybernetic secondaries depending on the fight.

I don't see MD there :p

Int MSA is usable but energy management is indeed quite tricky. At 280 int you need to bring Lightning Arc's energy cost to 9.5 to break even with a rotation of Thunderstrike -> Arc x 2. In my Stormbringer vid I had an MSA build with 317 Int and (I think) a cost of 9.8-10. That and I had a lot of aggro for Force Sheath to kick in :p

I wouldn't recommend Ebon Wrath. Test out the damage gain - you'll probably see an increase of like 1-2% at the cost of 50% healing. You'll get more damage from a second AO like Lock & Load or Ice Sheath, or Sigils of the Primal Storm - try planting that in the middle of F&I while spamming Hurricane :p

In case you were wondering, the Circle I used in my vid is Primal Dominion - the knock resist really helps.
    flowcyto wrote: »
    One aspect of the build you'd have to test out for urself in terms of feel/preference is choosing between OD w/ Rec, or Ionic Reverb w/ End. From my limited experience w/ each setup, they seem to both be workable, but its prob worth looking into.

To me, the main decider between Rec or End is the choice of AoE. Lightning Storm works better with Ionic Reverb and End, Hurricane with Overdrive and Rec.
    edited March 2014
    I haven't actually tested CoEW's dmg bonus, though I should have figured it was passive/additive >< That's not a good deal at all for a dps FF.

For MSA, I found putting in a longer cd in there (like Particle Smash or using Elect Form, or Ice Burst w/ Stormbringer) allowed me to use 4 LA channels in a row, since the longer cd keeps it rolling on the latter channels (4 channels is about the time you have to renew debuffs anyways). An Electrocute -> TS -> (longer cd power) -> 4x LA rotation does mean you have a lot of windup, though. For anything but bosses I would just TS -> LA, or TS -> AoE.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    I don't see MD there :p

Int MSA is usable but energy management is indeed quite tricky. At 280 int you need to bring Lightning Arc's energy cost to 9.5 to break even with a rotation of Thunderstrike -> Arc x 2. In my Stormbringer vid I had an MSA build with 317 Int and (I think) a cost of 9.8-10. That and I had a lot of aggro for Force Sheath to kick in :p

I wouldn't recommend Ebon Wrath. Test out the damage gain - you'll probably see an increase of like 1-2% at the cost of 50% healing. You'll get more damage from a second AO like Lock & Load or Ice Sheath, or Sigils of the Primal Storm - try planting that in the middle of F&I while spamming Hurricane :p

In case you were wondering, the Circle I used in my vid is Primal Dominion - the knock resist really helps.

To me, the main decider between Rec or End is the choice of AoE. Lightning Storm works better with Ionic Reverb and End, Hurricane with Overdrive and Rec.

Thanks, I took Sigils of PS instead of CoEW. I wonder if i should exchange resurgance for MD.

Name:

Super Stats:

Talents:

Powers:
    Level 20: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
    Level 35: Sigils of the Primal Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Resurgence (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:

Specializations:
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, I took Sigils of PS instead of CoEW. I wonder if i should exchange resurgance for MD.

They both are good choices and can work for the build, imo. Since you have Conviction for a Heal, MD could be more beneficial as a tank cd, though.
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Monsterdaddy had a well rounded Stormbringer/Elec build that I've seen tank Gravitar (out of necessity due to the build's DPS). If he is around , perhaps he could comment.

I believe it was named Autocrat if you want to do a forum search.

EDIT: nevermind, found it:
    My Gravitar DPS tank (ranged role). 5 CON R7, 1 INT R7, Precision, Agility, Speed Gear with focus on cooldown.

Name: Autocrat

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Glacier
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training
    Level 9: Coordinated
    Level 12: Acrobat
    Level 15: Healthy Mind
    Level 18: Enduring
    Level 21: Brilliant

Powers:
    Level 1: Hurricane (Rank 2, Perfect Storm)
    Level 6: Stormbringer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
    Level 14: Thunderstrike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 20: Lock N Load (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Masterful Dodge
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Circle of Primal Dominion (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 35: Concentration
    Level 38: Conviction (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Jet Pack
    Level 35: Lightspeed

Specializations:
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)
    edited March 2014
    er, my LA build can tank Grav too, but its very similar to that build :p
    Key things to that are using Stormbringer, picking up CoPD for knock resist, a regular heal, and a larger heal or tank cd. Other things can help, but those are the basics for LA vs. Grav.
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    helbjorn wrote: »
    Monsterdaddy had a well rounded Stormbringer/Elec build that I've seen tank Gravitar (out of necessity due to the build's DPS). If he is around , perhaps he could comment.

Thanks Helbjorn :smile:

For really high DPS ranged role toon, Autocrat's pretty durable vs. Gravitar thanks to Stormbringer. His primary weakness was energy management.

In an "improved?" electric DPS build, I suggest keep the same SS but swap in all INT mods, plus all the cooldown you could find plus a Right Eye and Depleted Uranium Core. Now survivability is very dependent on MD and Unbreakable recycling fast (plus staying at 100 ft) but at least now energy is easy plus you can get high damage stacks of concentration to offset the loss of Nimble Mind.

I haven't tested out Justice Gear on this build yet but I have a feeling that Legion may still be superior due to cooldown and the fact that offense damage bonus is in the same layer as ranged role. Should be fun :wink:
    edited March 2014
    er, my LA build can tank Grav too, but its very similar to that build :p
    Key things to that are using Stormbringer, picking up CoPD for knock resist, a regular heal, and a larger heal or tank cd. Other things can help, but those are the basics for LA vs. Grav.

Yea tanking Gravi with Stormbringer is really no big deal - it's just how the passive works :p With R1 TK block you can even sit through a yellow bubble without doing anything special.

I'm not 100% sold on Unbreakable - MD cycling though. For Gravi it definitely makes things easier, but I think Frosty's daggers will punch right through Unbreakable if you get aggro, so I'm still a traditionalist as far as survivability goes. Get basic HP up to scratch first, then worry about effective HP

And yes, MD over Resurgence. You can only use Resurgence if you take big damage and live, while MD prevents big damage in the first place. Prevention > Cure.
    helbjorn wrote: »

It's a good build but iirc uses a Necrullitic Elixir to cover healing. Not that it's bad but those things aren't cheap, so I try not to recommend device-reliance unless the OP states budget is no issue.
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've not fully tested out Unbreakable/MD cycling yet. I think this combo is best with inherently high dodge/avoidance builds. But there's really no other AD worth having if you have the power and adv pts available.

Autocrat did have Conviction too which was surprisingly decent in dire situations (i.e. Necrullitic Elixir ran out LOL!) with a tap then block sequence until an Active Defense came back. Very nice heal with Ascension buffage.
    edited March 2014
    I'm not 100% sold on Unbreakable - MD cycling though. For Gravi it definitely things easier, but I think Frosty's daggers will punch right through Unbreakable if you get aggro, so I'm still a traditionalist as far as survivability goes. Get basic HP up to scratch first, then worry about effective HP

Well, Unbreakable can be okay vs. ice daggers provided you have decent passive mitigation and block, but yeah MD makes more of a diff there- and esp if you get imprisoned and are still in dagger range.
    edited March 2014
    Well, Unbreakable can be okay vs. ice daggers provided you have decent passive mitigation and block, but yeah MD makes more of a diff there- and esp if you get imprisoned and are still in dagger range.

They're buffing it to 100ft on PTS :O!
    edited March 2014
    They're buffing it to 100ft on PTS :O!

! I'll sound like a douche for backing a heavy AI buff like this, but thank goodness!

edit: just read the PTS thread. Still sounds like the 100-120ft range is an issue, but better this change than what we have now.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014

And yes, MD over Resurgence. You can only use Resurgence if you take big damage and live, while MD prevents big damage in the first place. Prevention > Cure.

It's a good build but iirc uses a Necrullitic Elixir to cover healing. Not that it's bad but those things aren't cheap, so I try not to recommend device-reliance unless the OP states budget is no issue.

Thanks I put MD. I have dragon eye and uranium core, I think it is only one each since I read that their effect doesnt stack if you have more than one.
    If you have any advice on gear (justice vs legion) and devices, it would be great. I wont say that budget is unlimited but i have some devices in my basement :biggrin:

Name: Nanael

Super Stats:

Talents:

Powers:
    Level 20: Evasive Maneuvers (Rank 2, Sleight of Mind)
    Level 35: Sigils of the Primal Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Masterful Dodge

Travel Powers:

Specializations: