test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2nd Travel Power

ruukiruuki Posts: 77 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Suggestions Box
Why is it that we have to wait until Lv35 to unlock an alternate travel power? Instead of being forced to use a more benificial TP like flight over the fun ones like swing, wouldn't it be better if it unlocked at 20 or 25? I have vigilante style character who could really benifit from having swing and acrobatics without having to almost reach max level to get it.
Post edited by ruuki on

Comments

• braxzanabraxzana Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd get a thematically appropriate one at level 6.... I remember back in the day, in City of Heroes, at level 6 you could only get hover (putt putt putt putt) or Combat Jumping or similar "weak" travel powers until you unlocked a PROPER one later. Granted, that "later" was only level 14, I think?

Anyway, I don't have a problem waiting until 35 since I view that second travel power as an afterthought most times. But I also wouldn't MIND if we got it a tad earlier, at 20 or 25th level... not sure how open they are to changing that kind of thing, though.
  • turinmacleod1turinmacleod1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    More importantly, I hate having to spend more points ranking up the second power. Travel powers should rank up automatically, so that once you have two, you can choose either one with no loss of efficiency.

T
  • ruukiruuki Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Turin, That's a great idea. The travel powers should level at the appropriate levels. Like once at 20 and again at 35. Instead of using the advantage points to level them. But then again by endgame, my first TP is maxed and Iim trying to find ways to use my points anyway.

And I didn't play CoH that much but I do remember being able to choose a weaker tp. I know it's not a huge deal but not having a tp like acrobatics or mach speed in an instance sucks when your character runs so slow without one. Try using super jump in the sewers, you get no where.

I'd even be open to not being able to level the 2nd tp to max. I'd just like another one available at a lower level. Basically i'm suggesting one really good one for travelling and one for convienence.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ruuki wrote: »
    Why is it that we have to wait until Lv35 to unlock an alternate travel power? Instead of being forced to use a more benificial TP like flight over the fun ones like swing, wouldn't it be better if it unlocked at 20 or 25? I have vigilante style character who could really benifit from having swing and acrobatics without having to almost reach max level to get it.

You are not forced to do anything.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Turin, That's a great idea. The travel powers should level at the appropriate levels. Like once at 20 and again at 35. Instead of using the advantage points to level them. But then again by endgame, my first TP is maxed and Iim trying to find ways to use my points anyway.

And I didn't play CoH that much but I do remember being able to choose a weaker tp. I know it's not a huge deal but not having a tp like acrobatics or mach speed in an instance sucks when your character runs so slow without one. Try using super jump in the sewers, you get no where.

I'd even be open to not being able to level the 2nd tp to max. I'd just like another one available at a lower level. Basically i'm suggesting one really good one for travelling and one for convienence.

The travel power does level. Even without advantage points your travel power will move faster at level 40 than when you are level 6.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Frankly, I think a new travel power would be appropriate around the game's 15th level or so, given that's about when you go from city life to (potentially) the Canadian or Desert zones. But then again, I also think that it's frustrating that Swinging and Acrobatics are two separate powers and that one is not an advantage of the other. Aside from a certain Arach-kid, really, who doesn't do both Swinging and Acrobatics?

Acrobatics / Athletics get a 1-pt advantage for Swinging, allowing you to use the swinging travel power but only have it go as fast as your Acrobatics / Athletics run. This way, you still have people get value for taking only swinging.

Other powers could benefit from this sort of thing, thematically if nothing else, like giving Super Speed a 1-pt advantage to allow jumps to have the "hang time" of Super Jump or Athletics, minus the height, allowing for long jumps that don't actually go very high, or something similar.

Either way, I also agree
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dynamech wrote: »

Other powers could benefit from this sort of thing, thematically if nothing else, like giving Super Speed a 1-pt advantage to allow jumps to have the "hang time" of Super Jump or Athletics, minus the height, allowing for long jumps that don't actually go very high, or something similar.

Now this I would enjoy having just for the fact I have a kangaroo themed character and uses the super jump TP. I only tap space bar to get minimum jump to make it like he is hoping around to get around, but felt like even then the jumps were too high. So I got mach speed and just constantly jump around seeing its the lowest jump height TP out there.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    +1 Vote for Earlier-than-L35 Travel Power.

So often I get a character to L40 and I'm done with them. I move on to the next having hardly got to enjoy the second TP at all. I think getting that 2nd TP in the 20s would be better.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.