test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Juggernaut Build

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Power Discussion
Hello people I am currently seeking help and opinions for a build I'm trying to build. So any feed back or help or build suggests I whuold very welcome.

The build I'm wanting to make is bacily a Juggernaut. a very strong tank with a medium DPS.
My toon and build are both heavily based of the "Geth Juggernaut Soldier" from Mass effect 3. With a few bits from the "Mechtoid" from XCOM EW.

Now I whuold like this toon to able to take epic amount of damage but only able to dish out medium of damage. I don't normally do alerts or 5 man missions alone but having a toon able to do so in taking damage wise is my main role.

So please feel free to leave comments below and try your very best to help me with this build. I whuold much like so it to be the best Tank that be build in this type of game.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Cyneting

(link To The ME3 Build)

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3_Multiplayer/Character_Customization/Soldier#Geth_Juggernaut_Soldier

Note: I have made another build help on another post. Please help me on that as well.
Note 2: Please read the ME3 build for some ideas and get the feel from it.
Psi.
Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bad memories of Juggy players just using heavy melee the whole match and taking forever to get anywhere or killing anything come back to my mind (plus the ones that got the large hex shield and insisted on plopping it down in hallways so its hard to shoot around).

Grabbing phantoms was always welcome, though :p

So for CO, you'd want the support drones, prob AR or PBR as the main weapon (I'd take AR since you can attach crippling to it, unlike PBR- plus AR makes you move slow.. just like the Juggy!), energy or force shield, Invuln, ego choke (best imitation of their HM 'choke' I can think of), and something to simulate Siege pulse's aoe blast+KB effect.

Here's a build idea I came up w/; tying it more into classic munitions so ya can take adv of the KI energy unlock:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Soldier
    Level 6: Shooter
    Level 9: Ascetic
    Level 12: Accurate
    Level 15: Quick Recovery
    Level 18: Wordly
    Level 21: Impresario

Powers:
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Concentration
    Level 6: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Assault Rifle (Mow 'em Down, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 11: Killer Instinct
    Level 14: Rocket (Rank 2, Concussive Rocket)
    Level 17: Bionic Shielding (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Sonic Boom Generator (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 23: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Support Drones
    Level 29: Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
    Level 32: Energy Wave (Hardened Particle Matrix, Reverse Polarity)
    Level 35: Unbreakable
    Level 38: Ego Choke (Garroting Grip)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Deflection (3/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

3 adv points and TPs left free.

Sonic boom generator supplies the 'visual' for Siege pulse (also applies CS for threat/debuff) and Rocket simulates the aoe KB from it. Tried to make the build cohesive and still tech-y themed, for the most part. Should have enough in the way of survival w/ r3 block, bionic shielding, drones, invuln and 2 tank cds. Also have Energy wave for the mob corral + neat lookin' shield.

Since KI is partly fueled by Ego and crits, the build is somewhat crit-dep, and that's where the 'medium dps' comes into play. Would normally recommend Int over Ego SS, but KI works offa Ego (not Int). Con PSS for the defense boost and knock resist w/o needing much Strength or having to take CoPD. Dex SS for better crit rate for adren rush and KI.

Gave ya Guardicator for specs, which is pretty standard for ranged wanting an offense/defense mix. Protector for Bulwark, protector mastery, and the defense cd reduction.. and/or Warden for Elusive could also work.

If energy is an issue, can always gear for more Rec/End or swap r3 Invuln for r1 Defiance (I choose Invuln because it can shrug off henchman dmg and fit the theme more, but Defiance's on-hit energy return is very large).

Hope that gave ya some ideas.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Bad memories of Juggy players just using heavy melee the whole match and taking forever to get anywhere or killing anything come back to my mind (plus the ones that got the large hex shield and insisted on plopping it down in hallways so its hard to shoot around).

Grabbing phantoms was always welcome, though :p

So for CO, you'd want the support drones, prob AR or PBR as the main weapon (I'd take AR since you can attach crippling to it, unlike PBR- plus AR makes you move slow.. just like the Juggy!), energy or force shield, Invuln, ego choke (best imitation of their HM 'choke' I can think of), and something to simulate Siege pulse's aoe blast+KB effect.

Here's a build idea I came up w/; tying it more into classic munitions so ya can take adv of the KI energy unlock:

Hope that gave ya some ideas.

Heh yeah try having a full team of Jugs and you beening the female robot thing all alone. so weird...

Anyways thanks for the build idea. I will post both toons builds they have at this time when I get back from work tomorrow

thanks btw!.
    Psi.
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Take a Rank 3 Block Replacer, Sentinel Aura and Sparkstorm + adv.

Spend the whole game blocking, immobile with arm raised, self healing and hard to kill but take forever to kill anything with puny electric attack, generally be a waste of a team slot.

Just like a real PUGgernaut!

But seriously, I'd be thinking maybe a PA tank build with Assault Rifle + Minigun and support drones or something. Not sure what to use for AoE though. SMG?
    edited March 2014

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1:
    Level 6:
    Level 9:
    Level 12:
    Level 15:
    Level 18:
    Level 21:

Powers:
    Level 1: Wrist Bolter (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 1: Power Gauntlet (Rank 2, Downrange Disaster)
    Level 6: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds)
    Level 8: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 11: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Phalanx Defense System)
    Level 14: Munitions Bots (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Support Drones (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Shoulder Launcher (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Nanobot Swarm (Rejuvinating Injectors)
    Level 26: Resurrection Serum
    Level 29: Personal Force Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Field Surge
    Level 35: Energy Wave (Hardened Particle Matrix)
    Level 38: Energy Storm

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Constitution: Unyielding (2/2)
    Constitution: Tough (3/3)
    Constitution: Quick Healing (1/3)
    Constitution: Armored (2/2)

Note that the wrist bolt (Plasma cannons from XCOM mectiod) and the power gult (the pulse from the geth dude)

Also I whuold very much like so to keep his weapons main weapons but the others are free to be chnaged. thnaks
    Psi.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Name:

Super Stats:

Talents:
    Level 1: The Mountain
    Level 6: Impresario
    Level 9: Wordly
    Level 12: Quick Recovery
    Level 15: Shooter
    Level 18: Acrobat
    Level 21: Ascetic

Powers:
    Level 1: Wrist Bolter
    Level 1: Power Gauntlet (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 6: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Energy Shield (Phalanx Defense System)
    Level 14: Overdrive
    Level 20: Shoulder Launcher (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Field Surge
    Level 29: Plasma Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Concentration
    Level 38: Lock N Load

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Protector: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Protector: Beacon of Hope (1/3)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Resolute (3/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)

here's what I came up with given the restrictions you gave about your build. I have tested it on the PTS 5 Man Hard Danger Room with Armadillo Primary gear and Vigilante Secondaries...it walked around with ease. and in Tank Mode had over 13k in HP. The trick to the build is starting out with getting the mob's attention with a combination of Power Gauntlet and Mini-Gun. Then as mobs get within range start opening up with Plasma Beam to build up the Relentless Assault stacks.

I changed your Energy Unlock from MSA to Overdrive because honestly looking over your previously posted build Overdrive will be better for you in the long run. Some People will tell you not to take Reconstruction Circuits "because it locks out your other powers" which is wrong it locks out your non-power armor slot powers. And looky there all of your primary attacks are Power Armor Slotted Powers minus the Energy Wave...oh and Reconstruction Circuits will keep healing you if you have to turtle for a few seconds and will also proc Overdrive because guess what it too is a Slotted Power Armor Power...
    edited March 2014
    thebuckeye wrote: »

Name:

Super Stats:

Talents:
    Level 1: The Mountain
    Level 6: Impresario
    Level 9: Wordly
    Level 12: Quick Recovery
    Level 15: Shooter
    Level 18: Acrobat
    Level 21: Ascetic

Powers:
    Level 1: Wrist Bolter
    Level 1: Power Gauntlet (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 6: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Energy Shield (Phalanx Defense System)
    Level 14: Overdrive
    Level 20: Shoulder Launcher (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Field Surge
    Level 29: Plasma Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Concentration
    Level 38: Lock N Load

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Protector: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Protector: Beacon of Hope (1/3)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Resolute (3/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)

here's what I came up with given the restrictions you gave about your build. I have tested it on the PTS 5 Man Hard Danger Room with Armadillo Primary gear and Vigilante Secondaries...it walked around with ease. and in Tank Mode had over 13k in HP. The trick to the build is starting out with getting the mob's attention with a combination of Power Gauntlet and Mini-Gun. Then as mobs get within range start opening up with Plasma Beam to build up the Relentless Assault stacks.

I changed your Energy Unlock from MSA to Overdrive because honestly looking over your previously posted build Overdrive will be better for you in the long run. Some People will tell you not to take Reconstruction Circuits "because it locks out your other powers" which is wrong it locks out your non-power armor slot powers. And looky there all of your primary attacks are Power Armor Slotted Powers minus the Energy Wave...oh and Reconstruction Circuits will keep healing you if you have to turtle for a few seconds and will also proc Overdrive because guess what it too is a Slotted Power Armor Power...

Thank you so much for this build I will consider useing this build as well as the gear. just a little qeastion is it best to use half gear like you said or whuold I able to use all of armdillos gear?.

your choice here whats best.

Thanks.

Any more ideas that fit to this build please say by the 21/03/14 as I will be doing his build.
    Psi.
    edited March 2014
    Btw thebuckeye small qeastion what do you think of my other build ideas?. you find it in the froms also. what you think about the cyber augmation gear for my other build Luna?. or you think half armodillo and cyber will be good. balanced def and damage?
    Psi.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    when I use the q store gear sets I normally go for half of Armadillo and half of whichever set boosts my primary damage type the Power Armor boosts non-physical damage types i.e. Energy, Elemental, and Paranormal. The Samurai set boosts your physical. In the case of this particular build you can go with the full set for leveling your defenses will definitely be really high. And will suffice until you can get Heroics/Legions/Justice gear whichever you decide to shoot for.

One more thing about the build I posted for you since with the exception of your Power Gauntlet and Wrist Bolters all of your powers are AoE and will proc Round'Em Up. And so what you will want to gear for later is getting Crits to help proc Anguish because all of your powers are Ranged as well Anguish will apply some extra Penetrating Damage on your targets when ranged powers crit.
    edited March 2014
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    when I use the q store gear sets I normally go for half of Armadillo and half of whichever set boosts my primary damage type the Power Armor boosts non-physical damage types i.e. Energy, Elemental, and Paranormal. The Samurai set boosts your physical. In the case of this particular build you can go with the full set for leveling your defenses will definitely be really high. And will suffice until you can get Heroics/Legions/Justice gear whichever you decide to shoot for.

One more thing about the build I posted for you since with the exception of your Power Gauntlet and Wrist Bolters all of your powers are AoE and will proc Round'Em Up. And so what you will want to gear for later is getting Crits to help proc Anguish because all of your powers are Ranged as well Anguish will apply some extra Penetrating Damage on your targets when ranged powers crit.

Ok well I guess I will go the gear you suggested half armodillo and that other. Im thinking to do the other peinces for my other build with cyber aug. so nice balance between the 2.

However I might jsut go all out on defenses. so bacily full armodillo.
    Psi.
    edited March 2014
    Thank you to everyone who helped me in this build. Big Thanks goes to @Gary_Houdini.

Well done
    Psi.
    edited October 2014
    Edit: Scrapped This Idea
    Psi.