test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's make April 1st Support Brigade Day

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Costumes and Concepts
Hello Heroes,

Okay, I have been thinking about this idea for a while. I have been a supporter of the Brigade hero concept ever since I have learned of its existence.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=110597

The Brigade is the brain-child of Biff Smackwell, who is currently acting as the Community Moderator for the CO board. His suggestion of what to paste into the Brigade history/bio explains the hero's concept pretty well, I think.

"I am Brigade, the Multi-Man. I am a Super Hero with a unique ability to split my body into multiple copies. Beyond that, whenever a new copy is made, it develops its own powers, completely independent from the original."

The Costume
Costume_Smackwell_Brigade_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_330070558.jpg

Another for Silver accounts
Costume_Smackwell_BrigadeSilver_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_349927273.jpg

Now I do not have a Brigade myself, but, as I said, I sincerely support the concept and would like to show that support by encouraging others to show their support as well. At least for one day. This is why I am proposing a Support Brigade Day for April 1st.

My idea is a simple one for anyone who wants to participate. On or before March 31st, you create a Brigade hero according to Smackwell instructions using the Brigade costume file and then on April 1, some where between 6:00 and 8:00 PM server time, every new Brigade logs on and then tries to meet up on the Mill City Map / Instance 1 in the RenCen. With a bit of luck, at some point, 100 Brigades will take over the map entirely.

I'm suggesting April 1 for a few reasons. First, as far as I know there is no big, new event happening so this would be sort of a player created event. A nifty idea if I do say so myself. And secondly, while not a deliberate April Fools prank, it might be fun to confuse a few players into thinking they missed the introduction of a new Arch, for moment or two, as they spot all of the Brigades chilling with Defender in the RenCen.

Now here's the thing with this Brigade Day idea. You might join just for the day and get to be part of some of Biff Smackwell's history making Brigade antics, like become part of a CO record breaking River Dance line. Or you might see that the concept is a fun one and decide to keep your Brigade as an active hero. All that I'm asking is that you be a Brigade for just one day to find out. If you do, I'll be there as well. You will know me when you see me. I'll be the one wearing a Brigade costume and hangin' with Defender.

btw - I did not consult with Biff Smackwell on this so if he says, "Nope. Ain't happenin'!" Well, we can ignore him and celebrate his idea without him. Or move it to a day that better suits his schedule.

Nothing I've posted here is set in stone. We can be flexible. Needs of the many and all that.

So would you like to be Brigade for a Day?

Seems to be some confusion on how you make a Brigade Hero.

Step One - Down load the costume file and place the file into your Screenshots folder where your Champions Online game is saved to. If you don't know where that is you will need to check out this Wiki link.

Step Two - After you open the game, create a new hero using the Smackwell Brigade costume file. Name the hero Brigade.

Step Three - Add the following to the new Brigade's Bio - I am Brigade, the Multi-Man. I am a Super Hero with a unique ability to split my body into multiple copies. Beyond that, whenever a new copy is made, it develops its own powers, completely independent from the original.

Step Four - You are ready to join the game as part of Brigade.

Optional - Step Five - If you decide to remain a Brigade go to the Brigade Character Thread and post your desire to remain a Brigade.
ZedBlock-200.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm down. /supported
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    im all up to it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unless I missed it you should post all the requirements to make the costume. All pieces and XY coordinates on the color chart and a screen shot of maybe his body size. Of course we could do like Gemini and have large builds I guess
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The costume file is linked to (the images), just save it and dump it in your screenshots folder without changing the name and then you can load it from the tailor/creator.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Reaaalllllyyyy??!!! That is probably the coolest thing I have learned. Will try that when I get home.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Reaaalllllyyyy??!!! That is probably the coolest thing I have learned. Will try that when I get home.

There's a whole bunch of cool tips posted to the Protips thread. :smile:

Number 27 is still my current fav. :biggrin:

Also, sorry for the confusion. I've edited the original post. It now includes all of the info folks might need to add a Costume file and where to add it etc. :redface:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My Brigade will be totally be there.

Just remember, for it to be a complete Brigade get-together, we'll need to also have the inevitable dance party afterwards. :biggrin:
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey!

This looks fun! I support it!

Exclamation marks!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My Brigade will be totally be there.

Just remember, for it to be a complete Brigade get-together, we'll need to also have the inevitable dance party afterwards. :biggrin:

Dance party with women of large stature!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Dance party with women of large stature!

That's exactly why I got a super-mag for my Brigade. :biggrin:
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I may or may not have to do this.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm remembering why I never play Grimoires for very long; I've already archived the costume file for Penitent, so I may delete him and replace him with a Brigade.

If I can just decide which powers to give him... :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If I have an extra character slot by April 1st, I'm totally gonna do this.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    And don't forget to spread the word. I am. (See sig).
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well.

If nothing else, I'm trying to signal boost this on Twitter. #SupportBrigadeDay

Dunno how successful I'd be, but if anyone else has an account it might be good to spread the word.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    A Brigade = 3000 to 5000

We'll never get THAT many. :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigade
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sounds like this will be a riot. I'm in.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *Wonders about a female Brigade... or a transitioning one...*

Mmmm

Interesting...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *Wonders about a female Brigade... or a transitioning one...*

Mmmm

Interesting...

In the history of Brigade a female Brigade was propose. Smackwell decided to create a multi - heroine and he called her Myriad. Her costume is a bit different, but she's basically a lady brigade.

Here -
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=110597

87 pages and maybe 20 plus are about the creation of Myriad.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yup. The official Myriad costume should be in that thread, but just in case it's not...

Costume_Smackwell_Myriad_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_369623638.jpg

there it is!
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm down sounds like fun
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Made a note of this in the official Brigade thread too, but let's make sure everybody who's joining in for Support Brigade Day sees it. :smile:

If anyone has a Brigade or Myriad who needs an invite to their respective SGs, feel free to grab me if I'm in-game (global handle in-game is @RandomChance42) or send me a PM.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Auuuuuugh! :frown:

Well, I'm stuck out of town without the system I play Champs on until tomorrow or Wednesday, and this current laptop I'm using can't run the game.

Hope you guys all have fun, and grab some screencaps for me!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It's about that time... BRIGADES ASSEMBLE!
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Unbelievable. :redface: I logged on just a few hours ago and everything seemed okay. Got my 15 level Brigade to the RenCen so he'd be hanging out near Defender when I logged on next. But now it's as if my computer has decided to play an April Fools on me.

Now every time I try to logon it takes forever and it very laggy while I'm on, then when I try to switch to instance 1 it tries for a while, but instead it boots me out.

Could be a local problem because there are Verizon guys working on my street as I type this. I'm still trying but you know what to do If I don't show - Begin the Brigade - without me.

Also, if I do show and suddenly depart. :redface: It means that I'm still trying - unsuccessfully. :rolleyes:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Okay, so I tried and tried last night and finally gave up about 12:30 AM my time. I sure hope the rest of you guys showed up and had some fun. And took some Brigade Antics caps to share. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Couple of screenshots from the short amount of time I was on for yall.

http://i46.tinypic.com/29cl9tv.jpg
    -Just us messing around by Defender

http://i50.tinypic.com/4fxxs4.jpg
    -Providing entertainment for one of Flare's Costume Contests

I would've shown more if I had any, I left in the middle of the CC excitement. Unfortunately I think 5 participants was the highest we had.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Yeah we didn't really do much other than dance around. But it was fun!

Wasn't the smash hit we'd hoped for, but your efforts were worth it, zed. Thanks!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I forgot to take screenshots. There weren't a lot of us, but at least we had a showing, including a couple of Myriads (myself being one).
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sadly, I was unable to make it - family obligations. However, I did come up with a slightly variant character. This particular Brigade came out with a copy error, being separated by nature from the normal Brigade line.

In recognition of this (and of his flame powers), he called himself Fire Brigade...
    FireBrigade_zps8782dae6.png
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yeah we didn't really do much other than dance around. But it was fun!

Wasn't the smash hit we'd hoped for, but your efforts were worth it, zed. Thanks!
    Well, as long as somebody had some fun. :smile: I still wish I could have been there. :frown:

And you got a new guy out of it - Fire Brigade. Hey, you should ALL climb up on one of the Ladder trucks Down Town for a screen cap of Brigade as a fire brigade. That'll work. :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey! Do you guys want to try this again this year?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    <_<

>_>

I'll toss my hat into the ring, of course, I'll throw my own spin onto it but, otherwise I'd be up for it.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    robocavemanrobocaveman Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm in. Might do a villainous version of him. Call him Brigand. Seems appropriate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The White-Winged Weekend Warrior!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hmm...

Some of the old links are not working correctly so...

Brigade Thread
    I'm in. Might do a villainous version of him. Call him Brigand. Seems appropriate.
    robocaveman,

If you're unfamiliar with Brigade, then you should read the rules for becoming part of Brigade. There are not a lot of rules. I think there might only be two. But the big one is your hero must be named Brigade to be part of Brigade since it it a duplicate copy hero concept.

That said, Brigand, might not be a bad name for a Brigade gone bad that then becomes a good Brigades nemesis. :smile:

A lot of the old caps are missing from the old thread, but if they were still there you could see that a lot of what Brigade does (or did) when together is fight one another nemeses. That, and get silly between battles. (Is the river dance pic still up?) :biggrin:

Oh, I just remembered. There's even a third rule. Never mind. Just read the OP at the link. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg