test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's Make a Difference: Inviting People

guardianettieguardianettie Posts: 59 Arc User
Walk-Up Friendly

"This is Chiyoko bringing you your Channel 9 News..."
"With spring just around the corner, it's time to talk about some of the problems in our city, especially the thing Millennium City is most infamously known for. Crime rates have skyrocketed recently with rampaging villains and rogue Destroids. Kenina Blaze and Frosticus, Gravitar and Hi-Pan--any of these names ring a bell? Our city has suffered one too many major strikes recently and we need your help! Mayor Calvin Bisselle even says he's not so sure how to address the Rampage problem. After all, Viper and Argent are giving him quite a hard time in his part of town. So what do we do about it? Do we dance the night away at Club Caprice or perhaps even Incubus? Do we forge secret identities and go undercover to expose the villain's plots before it's too late? How about deep-sea diving in Lemuria? Let us know your thoughts at Channel 9 News. We'll be glad to hear them."
"Oh wait! I know what we can do! We can start a SUPER TEAM! Yeah, a SUPER TEAM! WOOOOO! And Super Heroes can join! And we can fight crime together and play together and make a difference! Yayyyy!"

If anyone would like to join Walk-Up Friendly, our Super Team, we're inviting! All you need to do is contact me in game (preferably by in game mail) or any of our members to join. (All members have invite privileges!) We do have a costume requirement so we look like a Super Team as opposed to just a Super Group.

Our Description:

Walk-Up Friendly is a Super Team focusing on making positive changes that will benefit the Champions Online community. We are anti-trolling, drama-free, fun players who wish to join together in a cause to better this game by being better players. Rules: Absolutely no harsh language or drama allowed in any of our chats. If a conflict arises, please PM each other about the issue and work it out. Remember to abide by the Terms of Service. We will focus on being kind and caring members of the community. As a side bonus, we will engage in team efforts such as putting together epic costume contests, helping each other build those amazing builds, giving back to the community that gave so much to us, and being friendly at PVP/PVE. Remember: treat others in a respectful way. It's the secret to our success!

Our Requirements:

Costume Type:
Heroic: (leather tights, cape, and mask)

Costume Colors:
Light Blue: (11 from the left, 3 from the top) Primary Color
Dark Blue: (11 from the left, 9 from the top) Secondary Color
White: (top row, far left) Accent "Splash" Color

Insignia Belt - Smiley:
Gold: (top row, four from the left) (Metal) Belt Strap and Outer Circle
Dark Blue: (11 from the left, 9 from the top) Inside Circle
White: (top row, far left) Smiley Face Insignia Pattern

Examples:

original.png?1394163257

original.png?1393988916

original.png?1393992367

original.png?1393989979

original.png?1394066379

Members are only required to wear the team uniform during events and our weekly Costume Contests!

Other Requirements:
#1. Only one character per @address. We have a channel titled "Donations" which you can use to communicate to us whenever you are on your alternative characters. Once you get to level 40, you unlock more character spots in the Super Team.

#2. Log in once a month to remain active. Anyone who does not log in once a month will be automatically booted for being inactive. This is to promote an active team. If you know you are to be absent for an extended time more than a month, let me know via in game mail before you leave. There are many ways to reach an exception to this rule.

Our Bank:

We currently house an amazing bank only for costume pieces and costume contest funds. Members are encouraged to donate costume pieces they do not want or need. Upon joining our Super Team, you may choose one costume piece from our bank while supplies last to keep as your own. The costumes in our bank will be used for Costume Contest prizes. We will also provide your character with money to make a team costume. Our goal is to give back to the community that has given so much to us in a way that's kind, caring, and respectful to all players of all types.

Our Style:

We do it all and we do it with pride, respect, and kindness! PVP, PVE, RP, Team Work, Costume Contests, and whatever else our members would like to do as well!

Our Website:

Coming Soon!
Post edited by guardianettie on

Comments

• benjarusbenjarus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah guys, this is definitely an SG you want to join, whether your a CO veteran or just starting out. I've been playing CO for about 5 months now and I've been in a few SG's and this one's definitely made me feel at home. Helpful, friendly, laid back and with the coolest leader you could ask for, this SG is definitely for you. Join today! :smile:
  • synsensynsen Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good to see some folks who still enjoy the game for what it is, regardless of a rather lackluster cliquish community.

Hope more folks do this stuff down the line for this game and future conquests.

I myself am already dedicated and loyal to my own group: the Axis of Legends, but I definitely can vouch for those who do the gaming world some good. Glad to see I'm not alone in wanting to make a community comeback!

Wish you folks well in your endeavors!

You have mine and the Doodle King's Blessings!

-@metalphantom, "Rock and Shock" (Superhero MMO Gaming Veteran since 04')
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    synsen wrote: »
    Good to see some folks who still enjoy the game for what it is, regardless of a rather lackluster cliquish community.

Oops. Looks like somebody has had a bad experience and wants to blame "the community". Comments like this are not very positive, and are certainly not constructive.

Back on track........good luck with your SG nettie, it's always good when another SG comes on the scene.

The Society of Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen wish you well :biggrin:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • synsensynsen Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oops. Looks like somebody has had a bad experience and wants to blame "the community". Comments like this are not very positive, and are certainly not constructive.

Back on track........good luck with your SG nettie, it's always good when another SG comes on the scene.

The Society of Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen wish you well :biggrin:

Sorry, I guess that was the only thing you focused on in that, as I did also comment on how it is good to see people making the comeback.

It's okay though, no need to start an argument over it. :)

Oh and for LMAD, I'll be sure to add you to our recommendations in a directory page I'm working on.

Take care!
  • guardianettieguardianettie Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks everyone for your positive encouragement. I'm glad to see some comments here!

I love SODLAG. You guys always show up at the Costume Contests I host with amazing costumes. And if you need help with Axis of Legends, I'll be out there for you!

Some of our goals will be to host plenty of Costume Contests, to host events where we help new players learn the game, lots of RP, and smiley faces.

The Champions Online community is blessed to have such great members. I can't say it enough. It's truly wonderful!
    edited March 2014
    synsen wrote: »
    Sorry, I guess that was the only thing you focused on in that, as I did also comment on how it is good to see people making the comeback.

Yes you did, but you felt the need to criticise the "community" with a rather vague and unfounded negative comment. If you can't give reasons for such a comment then best not to comment probably, wouldn't ya say?

Compared to most MMOs, the community in CO is very welcoming and willing to help each other, and has been like that since Beta. Sorry you felt the need to criticise, perhaps explaining why would make an interesting discussion.

Who knows? Perhaps you have a good reason for your comment. If you have the courage of your convictions to open a thread vis-a-vis this subject then we could discuss it there.

Anyhoo....I won't take up any more of nettie's thread with this.

Thanks for your kind words concerning SoDLaG nettie, and keep CCing:smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited March 2014
    You can take up as much thread as you want with this discussion! I don't mind.
    edited March 2014
    You can take up as much thread as you want with this discussion! I don't mind.

You're too kind nettie, but I already feel bad for having this discussion on your SG thread.This is not really the place for it. I suppose if synsen is ready to post his feelings about the community and its "lacklustre" efforts, he could do so in the relevant section and we could have an open discussion there.

MG out.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Woo more Chiyoko CCs!

/discuss

Have RPed already with some of you and enjoyed our time together. Wish you all the best!

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited March 2014
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it.

And yah. I don't want this topic to go too far off topic.

The first move we made was creating a public "Donations" channel. It's for people who have things to donate and people who want to get rid of stuff.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like a good group concept in theory, but I worry about it's future with a "every member can recruit" philosophy.

In my experience that golden dream will only last a few months, maybe a half a year at most, before someone will have to moderate and kick some bad apples for the health of the entire guild.. or be prepared to watch it all spin down a drain as it fractures into several smaller groups.

I wish you the best of luck, however, and I hope we get to run across you guys, the Sentinels family of teams love new allies!
    edited March 2014
    You are right! Thanks for your advice, @iamrune. I have had the same experiences, so I am prepared to handle such instances. There will be those moments. They affect every super group, but it's wonderful to be living in the Golden Age right now. I don't plan on us being a very large group. We'll grow where it feels natural.