test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rampage Revamp Now Live!

dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Release Notes
Hey Champions!

We're excited to announce that the Rampage Revamp is now Live. Login now, experience the new Private Queues, Fire and Ice Rampage and earn some great rewards!

Read more about the Rampage Revamp here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/champions-online/detail/3032913
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Living Fire and Ice lingers even after defeating them.

The invite window is the SAME as the queue popping. Its hard to tell if I'm being invited to a queue or in the actual queue. This needs to be fixed as soon as they can.

In fact the invite view is going to be one of the most annoying things about this. We didn't expect players to spam players invites. There needs to be a system to allow players to manually make them visible for availability for private queue. (EDIT: it turns out that the disabling duels and other options make players get the wrong queue windows and all manner of weird bugs. This was not visible on the PTS and I was using the same character.)

Private queues riddled with buuuugs. Reenabling duels in the Social window removes all troubles. Make sure all those options are unchecked.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If the Feedback was given by Min-Maxers now Fire&Ice are Overkill, Even as a tank I get Downed in < or = 4 shots.... Nerf Please?

P.s All this is going to do is segregate the good players in Private Que's, all the good players will farm and get stronger and leave everyone else to struggle and die... Saddening.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I find it funny people ask for a challenge in this game..They get it and now they ask for nerf huh intresting..
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There will be four Rampages in total: UNTIL Sky Command, Gravitar, the Lemurian Invasion, and the brand new Fire and Ice Rampage. These Rampages will rotate every three days through the fifth Alert slot. Each Rampage is for ten

Ten?

Of what?
    Chickens?
    Cows?
    Weeks?

And why did i got in with a team of 5?...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    chat's broken too.

This should be fixed now.

Reporting the other pieces of feedback.
  • Options
    mindgladiatormindgladiator Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Seriously i am not sure who?s idea was this rampage but good idea yes. Sorry for my sarcastic words. But cant trust a company created a 10 man raid without raid interface where healer can see all the party hitpoints, or with a random people with luck you can enter as dps and never find in the team a tank or a healer or enter as tank and never find in team a healer.

I am not sure if someone of cryptic is thinking this is wow with elitist hardcore players but i think they are a bit lost. They will get 4 new players and lost 40 if they keep doing things like this. One year for release this alert cant say that was a nice work after all.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    I don't know who were thinking that this welcome window is a good idea.

It would be nice to have option in UI settings to turn it off. Things like this one are very annoying feature in mmos. Good if you really need it, but if not it's nothing more than annoying spam.
  • Options
    crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    in my oppion this new rampage does relay in the holy trinity to much: also when the tank is taking 25%+ of his HP from the normal attacks (im melee tank and i might be missign the tells due to all the other player's attacks obscering my screen so atleast make something so i can see it better) it defently makes the fight a lot harder then it needs to be.

also the "object that wipes the team if triggered" need to get lost: whats to stop one player from trolling people trying to get it done and triggering the fire cage? nothing (cept a shot from one of the bosses but if they are focusing tank thats probably not gonna happen)
    speaking of thier nukes, they get it right from the start? gravitar only got her's on her final bar of HP

i do want difficualt content yes, but not content requires the use of the private que. atm rolling with PuG is a "you will fail huehuehue". to many people with tunnel vision so people ignore the ice blocks and fire cages, also sometimes healers dont heal due to tunnel vision. over all here thiscomplaint s mostly bout playing with educated people who know they have a job to do to the team vs self-first players

now the good things i like bout this
    -Teamwork is what matters: people actually need to bring the bosses down within a short time of each other and beable to focus on one of the nuke objects if they appear. unfortently teamwork kinda goes against almost every other instance played in the game with other players, only instance of actual co-op i can recall are the holy trinity moments and the puzles in the 5 man instances
    -the opening scene: this made me smile
    -2 bosses: another small thing but its effective, can we get an "legion of doom" style rampage?
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My best tank unfortunately dies pretty fast. It definitely relies on a healer who spams those heals and bubbles.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This absolutely -requires- at least 2 Defiance or Invul tanks and absolutely -requires- at least 2 healers to keep them up. And everyone else needs to have a brain so they target ice cages and the fire blasts of insta-death.

In other words, don't even think of trying as a pug.

This will be premades only.

Also, the drop rate of the token for the new gear seems to be absurdly extremely low. I know someone who won -21- times in a premade (who then kept running time and time again). He got ONE token. ONE.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm having good mileage with LR passive and a self res, with my longest streak standing at 3 consecutive wins while pugging on the first night this rampage became live.

Overall, from a night of pugging, I have had more losses than wins (partly because I was playing an AoED pet build as well).

Still, by explaining the mechanics and giving directions to pugs who bother to listen does make a lot of difference.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My best tank unfortunately dies pretty fast. It definitely relies on a healer who spams those heals and bubbles.

Yes! Alienate the PFF tanks even more!
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My own experience:

I took my fairly sturdy healer Alara The Light Guardian into this alert. I died three times, due to lag and failure to block (was my first time running it since 80k map wipe cages).

It does rely on a heavy amount of support tactics (which surprise surprise doesn't cover CC, but let's not go into that lol).

I'm not sure what I got lag from (maybe from falling ice)

But I was stunned to see some tanks BLOCKING and going from full HP to nought in a split second.

Whilst I haven't yet tested it with other toons I have (elemental ones amongst the mix). I do definitely agree this is not a PUG thing.

I got extremely lucky (I'd say) with the PUG I took Alara into.

On the plus side, Frosty sounded funny weird and Kenina was likable when she wasn't hurling flaming balls of super heated death at players.

Also scoring was a good addition. I wonder how many points I'd have got if it was based on healing and support scores as well :tongue:
  • Options
    mindgladiatormindgladiator Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am in for a challenge events but not for almost impossible events and less if tanks are dead after 2 hits or 3 hits. If a tank dies in 3 hits healers die in 1 where is the challenge?. Isnt this a simple pug suicidal event? And make a premade isnt also go with middle team a random? Like seems we cant create out of alerts groups of ten players we can create 2 groups of 5 players and pray for appear all together in same event.

That includes low pop troubles and the luck of when you enter in random get 2 healers and at least 2 tanks. Just a ridiculous event. Cryptic you did again when also people asked you when gravitar appeared better raiding system.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I haven't been successful yet - but I actually like the Alert. I ran with a few PUGs and of course we failed. Mostly due to bad communication, and the healer build I was using needs to be sturdier.

But overall, it was refreshing to see people actually need or request a healer or tank types. We hardly ever see that in the game these days. While I know that peeves some people, I can't help but think it might be good for the game overall.

This rampage is very hard - but I'm hearing from other people who've been successful. I'm still tweaking my healer/support build to see if I can make her better suited for the rampage.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    hipcheckerhipchecker Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I loved the new rampage until i realized that unlike gravitar where every participants are rewarded with questionites (healers too), Fire and Ice Rampage only seem to provide rewards to those that have dealt a sufficient amount of damage (which seems somewhat counterproductive as this is one of the missions in the game that actually require healers).

I've ran Fire and Ice successfully 5 times now on my healer and even though i got questionites in the first round, I failed to receive any form of rewards for the other 4 rounds (except for some measly resources).

Healers are already in short demand and with the lack of rewards for healers, it's just going to exacerbate the problem.

If y'all ever need a healer for Gravy, don't be afraid to give me a shout. I'm always up for a lil gravy if I ain't doin' anything :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm starting to think the tokens are limited to one alt per day. I haven't gotten a 2nd one from repeated wins, but my stats wise, every alt I tried got a token on the 1st try except one, healer, tank, pet, dps, all kinds of builds that I tried.
  • Options
    bombermangoldbombermangold Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did it three times on my highest-DPS character.

Uh, Completed it three times with only moderate fuss (Ice hits a LOT harder than the Fire chick).
    I do so much damage the bosses turn on me REAL fast.

However, aside from that, cleared it those three times (before I took a break, and then when server had emergency restart).
    Got two tokens out of those three runs.

I say it's well designed, but you must go in with a team who knows what to do. Most general PuGs will just do the usual tank-spank and...get themselves spanked.

Was quite fun. Aside from some tweaks, I like it. Keeps EVERYONE on their toes.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I played it once and kept getting killed- and I couldn't see anything hitting me. It happened repeatedly, just a random massive spike of damage and then I was dead.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I played it once and kept getting killed- and I couldn't see anything hitting me. It happened repeatedly, just a random massive spike of damage and then I was dead.

Both of them have a spike with no tell, but you can see their charge up animation. Those only hit the player having their aggro, but they are aoe so it's better to not stand too close.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm getting on understanding how-to-do-this. I'm sure this will be a hell for Melee DPS ppl.

Ranged DPS (Esp. AoE ones), Healer, Pet build wasn't so impossible to do with random teams.

If we have AoE DPS toon at good position that can take Living Fire&Ice very quick as those spawns, and having viable Healer, this is not so hard. If we don't have any AoE in team, we have to watch out and move well.

When someone try to resurrect teammates, this moment can cause a huge risk.
    One Healers death can be a team death.

This is very fair for all of us, WE ALL DIE.
    t02200123_0240013410255120480.jpg
  • Options
    tachyon10tachyon10 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can we get rid of the ridiculous practice of the drop going to the highest Damage? I shouldn't be penalized for being a much needed healer in these rampages.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They already did. Congratulations, Tach. You win. :biggrin:

About an hour ago I saw a support healer with 1 point get a token. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got my First Rampage Token with my Freeform Healer yesterday after the Emergency Maintenance, WUT WUT? :eek:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    kingsbount789kingsbount789 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'v returned to CO after a break.
    Of course i was so exited about new content.
    I jumped in queue... Popped into event...

WHAT THE HELL????

Why my healer was able to heal only 4 members of my team (including me)?

What have you done, Cryptic?

How the helll am i suppose to heal my raid members when i CAN'T SEE THEM??!!!

Damn, i can't even SPEAK with them!!

Shame on you! :mad:
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Damn, i can't even SPEAK with them!!

Shame on you! :mad:

Agreed... yet another reason why I miss the in game team voice chat. Voice programs are good and well for usage among friends, but for pugs? Not everyone is willing to share Vent info with random folks (COalition and Rampagers excluded of course :P)
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    Agreed... yet another reason why I miss the in game team voice chat. Voice programs are good and well for usage among friends, but for pugs? Not everyone is willing to share Vent info with random folks (COalition and Rampagers excluded of course :P)

I've also found many people don't like the darth vadar wannabe or the person who tries to talk in vent with a mouthful of food. There are a lot of other reasons why voice IPs with pugs aren't that popular.
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tachyon10 wrote: »
    Can we get rid of the ridiculous practice of the drop going to the highest Damage? I shouldn't be penalized for being a much needed healer in these rampages.

Just to clarify the points made by others. The drop rate is not affected by where you are in the score table at the end. In fact the table is meaningless as it ignores damage done to Frosticus. However, you must do some damage to Blaze in order to get a drop of any kind, so ensure you hit her at least once. This is to stop players leaching whilst afk.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2014

To clarify the earlier comments. If you get aggro then the spike damage can one shot many players. The biggest reason for insta death in this rampage is the players' fault for not reading the guide or ignoring it. The living ice and flames must be destroyed in 15 secs otherwise it's a team wipe. The flame trap must not be crossed by anyone, whether inside or outside it's radius when it starts, as it is an instakill. If you are frozen solid, you must be released by others within 10 seconds or you die.

As long as you abide by these rules and so does the rest of the team, it's an easy rampage. You will need to tank both bosses and have at least one healer, preferably two. It is important both bosses are killed around the same time as the survivor gets more and more buffed the longer it takes to bring them down after the first one fell.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blasphemouswordsblasphemouswords Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Saying the rampage is easy "as long as the team all does the right stuff to win" is like saying robbing a bank wont land you in jail so long as you don't get caught. :cool:

Comparing apples to oranges, DaZee.
    edited February 2014
    Also worth mentioning, and adding to Cyrone's points, is that Frosticus' Ice Dagger can hit for like 18k. If you don't want to eat this...don't be in melee range getting aggro(I realize this is somewhat harder for melee but an aggro dump can help). Then there's the Rhimefire shots which can hit once they're in "huddle together" mode. Again, it's a range issue. These are 2 things to look for in your combat logs if you're getting 1-shot alot and it's not a wipe.

Also, having this information, as a joke I took in my Ice Tank "The Old Man" just to see how he would perform in this alert. He had a Slug PU with R4s, The VBA Apocalypse PO with R4s, and some crap greens in the 30s. I tanked Frosticus the entire alert and died once. Passive was Invul. I sure didn't build this toon just for this alert. He's a concept toon just like all of my others. He's not ideal. He needs a retcon(PTS was down this weekend :frown:) and he could obviously be a whole lot better than he is. He's Str/Con/Juggernaut and has just over 10khp. I didn't build him specifically for 'Trinity play blah blah blah." I built him for a joke SG idea that never quite took off where the "team" played synergetic roles in a fight. He's a tank because he's supposed to be a tank and not because "OMG X Content NEEDS a tank." So I'm not bragging. I'm not pointing out how awesome I am. I'm saying Frosticus is tankable with crap if you pay attention and learn the fight. It's at the very least worth considering. :wink:

And Gradii, I think the, "it's easy as long as the team all does the right stuff to win" is closer to "If you do your homework and study you won't fail the math midterm" than your bank robber comparison. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,751 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been in fire and ice with Caliga before, and he's a pretty good tank. he couldn't tank frosty without a healer on him.

eh, Caliga didn't build for optimal mitigation for the fight, though- he's always been more an overall Might dps-tank (he mentioned changing up his build a while ago though; not sure what he uses now). Still, given his resources avail, he prob could get close to that point in F&I if he used Ebon Void w/ VD and a buncha devices (I imagine he uses Guard/Retaliation for the kickback to Haymaker dmg after blocking).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been in fire and ice with Caliga before, and he's a pretty good tank. he couldn't tank frosty without a healer on him.
    flowcyto wrote: »
    he's always been more an overall Might dps-tank
    crosschan wrote: »
    I took in my Ice Tank "The Old Man"

Who can solve the mystery? :rolleyes:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,751 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    Who can solve the mystery? :rolleyes:

I think I got it! After much rumination:

Ms. Scarlett, with a candlestick, in the study room!

wait, that sounded like an invitation for nookie. Let me re-do:

coordinating heals/support/debuffs/buffs for Frostnutz tank, and good attention to blocking and things like ice prisons means that 'tank' doesn't really need to be a pure tank.

*takes Mrs. Scarlett to the study room anyway*
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    stormshadow2742stormshadow2742 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Rampages have been up for almost a week, and the system is broken. Gravitar is rewarding somewhere around 5 questionite, meanwhile Sky carrier has 9 drops. If that's not broken enough, fire and ice doesn't even reward healers. Now I imagine someone is going to clarify this, and say, if you just do enough damage to firegirl, wait a minute? What? Why do I have to stop healing to do damage? To prevent someone going afk? Well, what about the other 2,3 rampages, they don't have that requirement? Why fire/ice, where you need someone to rezz? In SC, you die, you can rejoin, not in Gravi/fire/ice. That is very inconsistent.

I don't think I'm asking much, and I think I speak for most people. We need 2 things.
    1) A raid screen so we can track everyone in raid, not just our team.
    2) The rewards should be equal to a smash mission, that's 4gp
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    TT is now aware of the problem with Q drops from Gravy and is looking into it.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    TT is now aware of the problem with Q drops from Gravy and is looking into it.

It took them 6 days to be aware of a problem they should have found before launch? The question at hand is not if pw is aware, the question is will they fix the problem. Now we are talking about a game that has added one zone since launch, to add to its other five. With that in mind, can we expect a fix from the team before the end of the year?

They usually patch on Thursday, so this will be fixed tomorrow? Any bets? Now before anyone rushes to pw's defense, lets just see what happens in the morning....
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    messenger.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    messenger.jpg
    Hahaha, nice!
    It took them 6 days
    1 day
    to be aware of a problem they should have found before launch? The question at hand is not if pw is aware, the question is will they fix the problem. Now we are talking about a game that has added one zone since launch, to add to its other five. With that in mind, can we expect a fix from the team before the end of the year?

They usually patch on Thursday, so this will be fixed tomorrow? Any bets? Now before anyone rushes to pw's defense, lets just see what happens in the morning....
    Oh, I see you're new to the forums, then. Welcome!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014

They have a fix already out on the PTS for testing. So... I'm betting yes.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited February 2014

Release notes for tomorrow's patch, launching 7am on 2/27.

Rampages:

* Gravitar: Defeating Gravitar now earns you the correct amount of Questionite, and other rewards are now distributed in line with the other Rampages.

PonyBritannia.png
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    They have a fix already out on the PTS for testing. So... I'm betting yes.

If you bet yes, then you lose. They may have fixed gravitar, however fire and ice is still bugged. There is no reward unless you do enough damage, I know, because I just healed for the rampage and got no reward. That is a tough mission to heal, you can't just stop healing midway and expect to make it. I keep shields on team, heal whoever is dying, and then I still have to rezz, and hope someone doesn't die during the 2 seconds that takes. I started healing, because I've done it in many games, and most people can't get the job done, so why are they gimping the healers??? What, its more valuable for someone to target boss, maintain for 5 seconds, push the same button again for five minutes. Really?

I was hopeful after the gravitar fix, that affected everybody, so they had to react. They completely screwed the dedicated healers over. I've got 2 drops for grav and lem, 8 for sky, I have 0 for fire and Ice, and since its not fixed, I won't get any drops this go around either, not unless I can find someone else to heal, and then they will get screwed instead. This needs to be fixed. It should have already been done.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »

1 day

!

6 days, you must be new, cause you don't no how to count. The Rampage revamp was released 6 days prior to Gravitar's rampage being open. It was the third in line. So while we may not have played it, the code was in place. That's 6 days. I work for a major shipping company, if you mail something overnight, we don't get to say

"its not a week late, according to our computers, we processed it last night and sent it, the other 6 days don't count. It must have been lost or something, cause our computers don't have an account for where it was."

That's not how business works. If you've ever been on a construction site, then you see how things work, you do the job, the inspector looks at it, finds something wrong, (and they will find something) if it takes 10 minutes, or all day, that is their job, and then you fix it. Not like this was even a complicated bug to find, if they had just played the raid a few times, it would have been revealed.

All they have to do is take out the damage count subroutine and employ the player division score like every other raid except for the red storm. For some reason these two are coded differently, and it has unforeseen consequences. Should be able to go to code, delete, and copy paste the code from other missions, problem solved. What is it, a days work, maybe less, why isn't it done? I don't want excuses, I want it taken care of.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    eh, Caliga didn't build for optimal mitigation for the fight, though- he's always been more an overall Might dps-tank (he mentioned changing up his build a while ago though; not sure what he uses now). Still, given his resources avail, he prob could get close to that point in F&I if he used Ebon Void w/ VD and a buncha devices (I imagine he uses Guard/Retaliation for the kickback to Haymaker dmg after blocking).

I dont build for optimal mitigation, in any fights actually. And I am an overall might dps tank, suited to most situations. What's more important to me is just being able to generate enough threat/damage for my damage dealers to do the heavy hitting. More than half the time, I also count myself in that damage. In anycase, I also don't take a block power. I believe it's a waste of a power slot if you're using a defensive passive, but that's just my take on it. If I did take Ebon void w/ advantage, Then yes, I would be around maximum mitigation, but at the cost of losing a powerslot.