test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WARNING TO HEALERS: Fire & Ice only rewards damage not healing!

grengrasgrengras Posts: 58 Arc User
For anyone who does not know yet... if you don't attack the bosses you will get no rewards, no matter how hard you worked your fingers off keeping people alive as a healer.

It does not matter if you are the only person in the entire 10 person roster with heals / shields / rezzes. It does not matter how many dozens of times you saved people from dying or revived them when they got one hit. It does not matter if your presence was the only reason that queue succeeded instead of failing. You will still not be mentioned in the contributors list and will not see any ! reward location.

It is completely lame that the idiots at Cryptic would deliberately code something that hurts the one person on the team that was truly the difference between a win and a loss.
Post edited by grengras on

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That is going to be fixed soon(ish?), I expect in a patch this week.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic QA, everyone!

busey_clapping.gif
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree that it's something that should have been corrected before going live... but they are aware of the problem and have addressed it as of last Friday. Thursdays are patch days so theoretically this PTS patch will go through on the 6th.

Also Zahinder, that mash up of Busey and Citizen Kane is just CREEEEPY ><
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Now everyone's gonna start making Lifedrain leech healers, Secret World style o.o
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited March 2014
    grengras wrote: »
    For anyone who does not know yet... if you don't attack the bosses you will get no rewards, no matter how hard you worked your fingers off keeping people alive as a healer.

It does not matter if you are the only person in the entire 10 person roster with heals / shields / rezzes. It does not matter how many dozens of times you saved people from dying or revived them when they got one hit. It does not matter if your presence was the only reason that queue succeeded instead of failing. You will still not be mentioned in the contributors list and will not see any ! reward location.

It is completely lame that the idiots at Cryptic would deliberately code something that hurts the one person on the team that was truly the difference between a win and a loss.

will pets counts?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Weird, I have never experienced this before when i did fire&ice. i don't really think it'll be a problem since healers can poke the bosses throughout the alert. Healers are ranged afterall.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zahinder wrote: »
    Cryptic QA, everyone!

busey_clapping.gif

The community's unceasing negativitiy and cynicism about a free game even after Cryptic announces fixes, everyone! :D

The idiotic expression of the man in the picture is perfect.
    edited March 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    The community's unceasing negativitiy and cynicism about a free game even after Cryptic announces fixes is well-earned, everyone! :D

Fixed that for you.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aiqa wrote: »
    That is going to be fixed soon(ish?), I expect in a patch this week.

You sure about that? Tanking and healing dont get points for carrying a group while doing things like Mega-D while idiots in tanks that dont do squat really accept snipe get all the points?

Why would they fix the rampage when they havent fixed the point system elsewhere?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ack too braindead for this
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zahinder wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

So how soon are recent (and by recent I mean like the last year) events going to start sinking in? Stop holding onto the past grandpa, the war's over, we won! :D
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So how soon are recent (and by recent I mean like the last year) events going to start sinking in? Stop holding onto the past grandpa, the war's over, we won! :D

I don't agree with him, but doesn't this very thread describe a situation that could support his position ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic is out to make money. The game being free is how they do that. This means they are still going to be held accountable for garbage like healers being snubbed because they are busy healing instead of shooting things. Something that shouldn't even have made it to PTS let alone the live game.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    You sure about that? Tanking and healing dont get points for carrying a group while doing things like Mega-D while idiots in tanks that dont do squat really accept snipe get all the points?

Why would they fix the rampage when they havent fixed the point system elsewhere?

Yup yup, I am sure. It was fixed in the previous PTS patch.

I don't know if healing actually gives you points, it could be they don't get a score higher than 0. But unlike now, healers will get a place on the scoreboard, even if not doing any damage, and so they'll get a chance at a drop.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The community's unceasing negativitiy and cynicism about a free game even after Cryptic announces fixes, everyone! :D

And imagine the 'unceasing negativitiy and cynicism' about it, if you'd pay for it....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Relax guys. Calling someone an idiot doesn't make them want to help you.

Yes if you're a healer you will need to turn on your energy builder for literally a second to get a chance at a drop. There are more important things to get riled up about and most of them do not call for insults.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kamokami wrote: »
    Yes if you're a healer you will need to turn on your energy builder for literally a second to get a chance at a drop. There are more important things to get riled up about and most of them do not call for insults.

Exactly.

You have an Energy Builder that deals damage (because you can't not take one unless you're just a fool), so zot one of the bosses with one for a few seconds.

There.

Done.

Problem solved.

There is no 'warning' needed. Yeesh.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    edited March 2014
    kamokami wrote: »
    Relax guys. Calling someone an idiot doesn't make them want to help you.

I didn't call Cryptic an idiot, just that this is part of a very very very very long pattern of lack of attention (or interest) in details and proper QA.

Also a lack of documentation and communication -- I have no idea if this is even intended. Maybe Cryptic doesn't think healers should get points toward drops because it's too easy to sit in a corner and heal people who don't need it.

Who knows, they aren't going to tell us.

Nothing about the last year suggests they are going to be better about the QA process or communicate with players.

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From the PTS notes that were put up last week, on 2/28/14:
    Rampages
    • Sky Carrier now rewards Questionite, tokens, and rare loot in the main drop. Smaller loot drops for saving specific engines contain mods or recognition.
    • Fire and Ice: Everyone now gets scoreboard credit, regardless of who you attack or don't attack.
    • UNTIL Liaison Bradley no longer offers a personal mission to play Sky Carrier.

Cryptic is fixing it people. They are letting us know they are fixing it. There's a lot more communication going on than you guys believe. The newest patch notes with vehicle updates is a good example of communication not just Cryptic talking to us, but Cryptic also taking our ideas and suggestions and working with them.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

edited March 2014
    Yes. I will readily admit that CO isn't in maintenance mode and they are spending SOME effort on it.

But it would be nice if Cryptic could improve to the point of actually, you know, testing stuff.

• rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Co is not a free game, many of us paid for the boxed version and subscriptions, if it were a free to play game, i would have avoided it because they uniformly are garbage. the war is over, but we did not win, the people who wanted a game with content updates up to the standard of real, subscription mmos lost, big time.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Snip.
    Can't even get Q-nites?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Hyperbole much?

Often your posts make out that everyone except you hates the game and wants it to fail. I think you will find this is far from the truth, young Spinny.

Perhaps be more measured in your attitude towards "the community".

Hyperbole.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • grengrasgrengras Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For the record, I am glad that the people at Cryptic are starting to see sense. But they have had weeks to fix this problem. Presumably F&I hit PTS before it went live, and presumably 'someone' had to have noticed this problem and reported it. But even if they didn't this is not the first time that F&I went active as the rampage on live. This should have been fixed BEFORE it went active again. Instead they wait until after the F&I rampage is no longer going to active again. Meanwhile we are forced to deal with this situation for the entire 3 day schedule again before deigning to fix it. And that fix schedule is only _IF_ they even make the patch active this Thursday which I will be cynical about and doubt that fact until i see it.

This is Cryptic / Perfect World Entertainment. They still haven't fixed bugs that are years old. Hell they still haven't fixed the bug that makes Gold subscription players randomly get demoted to Silver status, and that one directly effects their paying customers. Why are more people not cynical about Cryptics fixes is beyond my ability to understand.

Not going to quote the people who think the solution is "pop your Energy skill once". Obviously those are close minded people who have not played healers under the F&I rampage, or have a healer which uses Life Drain to heal.

Guess what Einsteins? Two problems with your "easy solutions".

1) On live server the game requires "SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE". Unless your total damage hits at least a certain percentage of the overall damage done. It is entirely possible in the current system to get no credit even if you do attack sometimes. Much less "pop it once".

Nice to see people who have no idea mouthing off about garbage they haven't even tested though. Good job.

2) How about you people who want to mouth off take a healer into a F&I and find out that you are the ONLY person in the entire 10 person group that has targeted heals, the only one that has a teammate rez, and the frosty tank is getting rocked constantly and even occassionally getting one-hit killed. Tell me something.. how exactly would you propose that a single healer in that situation should carry the team to victory and still deal "SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE" without having Life Drain in their power list..? Well I carried that team to victory despite everything. But I got no credit. Sadly I was too busy reviving people, healing people, and keeping my eye on the frosty tank since his health was dropping by huge chunks.

Using attacks and / or devices to deal damage 'sounds like' a simple solution, but depending on the damage percentages by the various people in the rampage it can be both situational, and even worse it can end up not being enough to count anyway. I have actually had runs where I did periodic attacks and still not get credit simply because of how the damage percentages were scored.
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Can't even get Q-nites?

The way live server F&I currently works is unless you do 'significant damage' you do not get your name even listed in the name list results. Simultaneously the spot where the reward ( ! ) mark is llocated will be empty.

Currently there is only really four options to a healer in F&I to get credit.

1) Use Life Drain t2 with adv Vamp. Nonstop usage of that heals a 'small' amount in an aoe to nearby people every .5 seconds. Combine this with the Presence mastery and you'll be healing the 5 closest players and simultaneously give them a small bubble constantly. This one non-stop used throughout the entire run should end up giving you credit for between 15 and 75 contribution points of damage (compared to huge values for the dps people). The downside is that you have to be close to the enemies and will probably die a few times so you better have self-rez and/or someone else in the group with teammate rez.

2) Have a PBAoE power in your power list. Examples Epidemic, Pyre, Lead Tempest, etc. Just periodically tap this every chance you can while no one is hurt or dead and pray that the damage you do is considered by the system to be 'significant' enough. A friend of mine uses this option. Sometimes they get credit for around 0-10 (yes you can get credit for 0). But they have told me that they also sometimes get no credit at all. Again this requires you to be close to the bosses.

3) Summons / Pets. These 'should' work the same way as non-stop usage of life drain does in giving you just enough credit. I know using a combination of pyromancer's blades and the angel from ritual of radiant summoning works, but I haven't tested a single summon or other summon combinations. Downside to this option is that it takes significant time to summon them and a frosty tank can easily die while you are doing so. Second most safe option for you, but when your pets die occasionally the boss will swap to attacking you personally.

4) Be selfish and take your attention off of healing and actively target the enemies for 'significant' amounts of time. Out of all the options this one is the least dangerous to you as you can stay away from the boss' attention. But this is only really an option when you have multiple healers in the group willing to keep an eye on the frosty tank.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2014

What you read as: "ARGGHHHH WE WANT THIS GAME TO CLOSE AND FAIL"

Reasonable people read it as:

"Please fix this and this and this, and add this other thing so the game gets better"

Only one of those leads to a dead game and closing... and it is not the people complaining and making suggestions.

Maybe you should grow a little bit.

And by the way?

Not a free game for me. I want my money's worth, thank you very much. I'm a customer, and demanding my rights as such. Don't agree with that, that is your own damn problem.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, they said they will fix it, so let's hope they do. If that's correct then problem solved.
    If it's not fixed it's going to be a big problem because as someone said, you need to do some considerable damage to be able to make it count, so just using your energy builder for a second or two definitely won't be enough.
    natesig.jpg

edited March 2014
    For the record, I am glad that the people at Cryptic are starting to see sense. But they have had weeks to fix this problem. Presumably F&I hit PTS before it went live, and presumably 'someone' had to have noticed this problem and reported it. But even if they didn't this is not the first time that F&I went active as the rampage on live. This should have been fixed BEFORE it went active again. Instead they wait until after the F&I rampage is no longer going to active again. Meanwhile we are forced to deal with this situation for the entire 3 day schedule again before deigning to fix it. And that fix schedule is only _IF_ they even make the patch active this Thursday which I will be cynical about and doubt that fact until i see it.

While I didn't play Fire & Ice on the PTS, I kept up on the forum threads. I don't recall any posts pointing out the issue of people who did no damage got no credit and no reward. Considering the specific PTS patches that came out addressing the matter after the Revamp went Live, I believe there were no posts because that particular situation didn't come up. We didn't have somebody on the PTS run it without doing the necessary damage to get credit before it went Live. This is very probably considering the PTS is for gold subs, many of whom have optimized freeform toons.

There is another possibility that it all worked properly on the PTS. Nobody reported it because everybody got credit. Having been involved in testing software at my former employment, I've seen it happen when something worked perfectly on the lower testing environments but broke when moving up to the higher testing and even into production. I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least a somewhat common occurrence.

• r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited March 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    From the PTS notes that were put up last week, on 2/28/14:

Cryptic is fixing it people. They are letting us know they are fixing it. There's a lot more communication going on than you guys believe. The newest patch notes with vehicle updates is a good example of communication not just Cryptic talking to us, but Cryptic also taking our ideas and suggestions and working with them.

well... why didnt they apply it from the start???

When i ran a game server and we made map,script or other changes we tested it on our developer server by our own.. then we released it...

that way we only had minor issues like spawn points were slightly replaced(( like 1 meters )) but that was not bad at all...we always focused on a good " release" of our patches without to many hotfixes needed...

but things like "gravitar only dropping like 1-22 Q" never happened...
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for fixing this. I was the only healer in five different runs tonight and all I seemed to do was piss people off. Even with 91% bonus healing I can't keep everyone alive. ;_; *Goes and rocks in a corner.*
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for fixing this. I was the only healer in five different runs tonight and all I seemed to do was piss people off. Even with 91% bonus healing I can't keep everyone alive. ;_; *Goes and rocks in a corner.*

Probably not your fault. Just keep the person tanking Frosty alive and don't worry about anything else. If people don't like being faceplanted they can hope there's a second healer/Become user or buy Servitor Serums for 3 Silver Champ Recog.

But yes, as a healer expect to be blamed for:
    • Not being able to heal because some DPS ran into your fire ring and got you killed
    • Not being able to heal because you're caught in Frozen Spire
    • Letting the tank die to Frozen Spire because no one wants to shoot it
    • Dying to Frozen Spire because no one wants to shoot it
    • Not being able to keep up healing on a tank who has zero grasp of the concept of "blocking" and facetanks every Frozen Dagger for 8k
    • Not rezzing a DPS immediately even though the tank could be almost dead

etc :tongue:

I personally designed my healer not to babysit bad players, but to be able to DPS first, and second, make sure things can get done if it comes down to the wire. You don't need to overheal if people know what they're doing.

I recorded this run, where I heal with Concentration Form. This is actually the first night the tank in the vid tanked Frosty, and the first night I healed the fight too, so s/he totally deserves credit for learning fast.

Interestingly, a player from a prior run which wiped very kindly reminded me that Concentration is not a healing Form (after getting me killed by running into my fire ring).

Moral of the story: You can't heal stupidity.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    • Not being able to heal because some DPS ran into your fire ring and got you killed
    • Not being able to keep up healing on a tank who has zero grasp of the concept of "blocking" and facetanks every Frozen Dagger for 8k

I'm normally so lucky that the fire ring edge spawns right under me most of the time. So far, I've only been moving while that happened once.

It's not easy to watch for Frozen Daggers. Have you tried tanking Frosty while he's poisoned and lit up with multiple pets trying to give him a hug?

I don't honestly expect a healer to save me from death in F&I if I'm not tanking. All of my DPS toons die in one hit. I just patiently wait for my rez.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited March 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    I'm normally so lucky that the fire ring edge spawns right under me most of the time. So far, I've only been moving while that happened once.

It's not easy to watch for Frozen Daggers. Have you tried tanking Frosty while he's poisoned and lit up with multiple pets trying to give him a hug?

I don't honestly expect a healer to save me from death in F&I if I'm not tanking. All of my DPS toons die in one hit. I just patiently wait for my rez.

My tank character uses LR :p

I'm experimenting with a few other tank concepts for Frosty but haven't really decided on anything yet.
    edited March 2014
    I wanted to add one more thing while we're on the subject of how to get credit as a healer for F&I.

Only Kenina (fire boss) gives credit. If you are a healer and only attack Frosticus (ice boss) you will get 0 credit same as if you did not attack at all.

So this means that you not only need to do 'SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE' but it also needs to be done to the fire boss only. Of course every other person will realize the same thing and thus will be burning down the fire boss super fast... and to prevent the fire boss dying too soon all of you need to kill Frosticus equally fast.

PS: As a result of ^ that, blunder by Cryptic coders, healers are not alone at getting no rewards.. the ice tank also has a high chance of getting no reward. Amazing how the two most important positions in this rampage are the two positions that were overlooked for rewards. xD
  • natestone1natestone1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sterga wrote: »

Yup, this. I never blame a healer who is healing. Tank is priority numero one. I don't mind lying around for a bit. I have a few self rezzes I keep forgetting about, but I say take you time. No enrage timer means you can get things nice and stable before worrying about my glass like self.

Tanks and healers are my heroes. Need tables that state how much damage/healing done and damage taken. And points based on those.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    Probably not your fault. Just keep the person tanking Frosty alive and don't worry about anything else. If people don't like being faceplanted they can hope there's a second healer/Become user or buy Servitor Serums for 3 Silver Champ Recog.

But yes, as a healer expect to be blamed for:

Moral of the story: You can't heal stupidity.

you forgot
    DPS is far away from group and wants you to leave the rest to res them.
    DPS has aggro for some reason adn runs across the healer and gets them hit as collateral damage(the amount of times I've had that in Warlord)

MY ranged dps, acts as backup healer in Gravitar. uses concentration.

celestial conduit is a ranged attack.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited March 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    you forgot
    DPS is far away from group and wants you to leave the rest to res them.
    DPS has aggro for some reason adn runs across the healer and gets them hit as collateral damage(the amount of times I've had that in Warlord)

MY ranged dps, acts as backup healer in Gravitar. uses concentration.

celestial conduit is a ranged attack.

My point was that you don't need a form that buffs healing to heal :P

I respect the super dedicated Iniquity Sentinel Aura Compassion characters but I do so love being able to switch to Hybrid mode, lob Gas Pellets and 2GM a boss down in a flood of crits if the rest of the pug really can't cut it even with a 400+ Pre AoPM.
    edited March 2014
    Only Kenina (fire boss) gives credit. If you are a healer and only attack Frosticus (ice boss) you will get 0 credit same as if you did not attack at all.

If you paid attention to patch notes, the following patch after the Rampage Revamp (which would be last week's) had a fix to make damaging Frosty count.

AND the next patch (which would be today's) is fixing it so that all participation counts.

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you paid attention to patch notes, the following patch after the Rampage Revamp (which would be last week's) had a fix to make damaging Frosty count.

AND the next patch (which would be today's) is fixing it so that all participation counts.

Oh don't worry I had to listen to people last night say that you had to do significant damage to get credit. It always amazes me how the half truths or wrong information perpetuates over the truth.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited March 2014

And, if 'you' paid attention to reality instead of blindly trusting patch notes, you would know that fact was currently not true as of the time I posted that.

I haven't logged in since the maintenance today so I have no way of knowing what we will see going in. But as of yesterday Frosticus still did not count. Had a frosty tank not get credit yesterday just because stayed fully 100% on Frosticus.
    edited March 2014
    Actually it is true since I got points for only attacking Frost.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited March 2014
    Alright then. I believe you. I just find it hard to believe that a tank could keep aggro on Frosty for the entire rampage and still not do enough damage to get credit. But that is the only other explanation besides Frosticus not counting at all.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Reason #324082606 why I don't play healers. First of which, the fact that this is not a trinity game, and wtf is the point of a dedicated healer? The fact that they're not incredibly useful, added to the fact that they constantly get screwed over in the scoreboards, pretty much makes em a non-starter for me. Hell, I can't see a hell of a lot a healer can do that can't also be accomplished by an off-tank with a rez and iniquity.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited March 2014
    Reason #324082606 why I don't play healers. First of which, the fact that this is not a trinity game, and wtf is the point of a dedicated healer? The fact that they're not incredibly useful, added to the fact that they constantly get screwed over in the scoreboards, pretty much makes em a non-starter for me. Hell, I can't see a hell of a lot a healer can do that can't also be accomplished by an off-tank with a rez and iniquity.

You mean the game has been easy mode for too long that it doesn't promote teaming, that's why healers haven't been all that useful. Also, this post is now redundant because it's no longer true. Now, maybe this thread should be locked before more misinformation gets thrown about.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Issue has been fixed. Locking thread.
This discussion has been closed.