test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Opinions on CO current state.

lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Off Topic
Lets start something interesting here,i want to know from you guys (with the help of a few questions) your thoughts on champions online.i do this in hopes to have this thread looked at and considered by the devs. So just rewrite the questions and answer them honestly.

What are currently your favorite things about champions online?
My current things about champions online would have to be the character creator, it quite literally lets you create anything with two arms, its pretty neat its right now its the only reason why i'm still here. Adventure pack are also pretty cool, i really wish there were more of these as they're worth multiple runs. Also costume packs... all of them, the holo hex set was the best addition imo so far.

Dislikes currently about champs?
-account bound auras that need to be traded between characters in order to use the same aura. If you want to use the same aura on a different character you need to buy the aura again.This is just wrong.
-Non customizable vehicles..

What do you think about the new rampage revamp?
I havent tried it enough to critique on it yet

What would you add/change to the game to make it better?

-Unbound tokens, these tokens can unbind certain items and make them tradable. Depending.Depending on the rarity of the tokens, fewer or more tokens will be needed to unbind an item.

-Make vehicles customization. Allow color changes and pattern changes, add ons like boosters, extra lights and colourable windows with the option to see the pilot inside.

-Scale vehicle with the size of pilot so vehicle isnt tiny in comparison to the driver.
-make auras available across all characters so we dont have to switch characters to use the same aura.

What kind of new zones/content are you looking forward to?
-New adventure pack zone
-A new hangout area besides Caprice.
-more story line content
-teamwork based reward system that awards team players for playing missions/alerts together a consecutive amount of times.
-A dark magic power set of some sort.

Any other comments?

Nope.

Feel free to discuss anything you feel is relevant and keep it clean. also you may add any questions you think that fit.

I may add more later.. I know there may be some typos so bare with me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
Post edited by lilsteffie on

Comments

• sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What are currently your favorite things about Champions Online?

No game gives players as much freedom to create the characters they can imagine as CO does. The "vanilla" game started out a little too Saturday Morning, but Vibora Bay, the Adventure Packs and Comic Series, and (some of) the gamblebox events have raised the stakes nicely.

Dislikes currently about Champs?

Hoooo, boy, where do I start? Oh, yeah...

Vehicles.

Everything about them.
    • They weren't what players asked for in the first place (non-combat mounts, anyone?)
    • They took entirely too much development effort
    • That development time created a big gap in non-vehicle content
    • They've unbalanced open-world events

Auras were so close to being right, until some weasel accountant came up with the "make them buy entire packs multiple times to get the same aura on multiple toons" racket.

Oh, and losing our entire development team for months at a time because when Hasbro and Paramount say "jump", Jack Emmert is already levitating.

(deep breaths... count to 10...)

What do you think about the new Rampage Revamp?

The rampages themselves are fun, but I'm not wasting my time on the pernicious whims of a server's random number generator to make progress.

I'll keep it practical...

Vehicles: Stop. There are too many core components that need more attention.

Auras: Steal LOTRO's wardrobe system, so we can buy aura packs once and apply them anywhere.

Rampages: Multiply token requirements by 10, then drop 1-10 tokens for EVERY successful rampage.

Nemesis System: It's obvious they're not going to expand it the way they always wanted to, but they at least need to get their $#!^ together on what already exists. THIS needs to be the next thing to get a bug-fixing pass. At a minimum, the no-ambushes-for-weeks and invisible-minions-in-the-creator bugs need to be fixed.

Events: No more. Back to Adventure Packs. Design for permanence, not "run back and make part of it permanent long after we've taken it away". If Star Trek can tie Episodes to gambleboxes, there's no reason Champions can't do the same.

• Mechanon
    • Star*Guard
    • An older city zone. Hudson City would be lore-busting, but why not do something over the top to justify it? (Like Mechanon or Star*Guard!)
    • New power sets, like water, plant control, or radiation

Any other comments?

Cryptic's choices at this point are investment, with a risk of failure if the results don't work, or the slow, certain death of attrition. Expecting players to spend their way into enough revenue to pay for good content is choosing attrition. Cryptic has to deliver more and better content, and more importantly, they have to find better ways to do it, because the status quo looks bad, both inside and outside the community.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sister can I just copy what you said? Cause I'm pretty much feeling that exactly!
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »

What are currently your favourite things about champions online?
    customization. there isnt really another game that offers a comparable level.

treated like a free to play game, minimal development budget, north are doing great with no resources, but its free to play to a distracting degree. and it seems that based on tts comments, that's as much as they want to spend on it.

oh and vehicles suck, and arent going to be better, i'd prefer resources go to anything other than these drags.

not my style, havent gotten to try it, not that interested. cool for those who play that sort of thing.

a new zone, some new maps for exiting instanced maps. this game has some amazing stuff stuck in one or 2 maps that never get used for anything else? i want an instanced zone in the hi-pan: fury of the dragon map. all that beautiful art for one single alert? whassup wit dat?

-plant/water powerset
    -some new zone, we have magic, water and modern going for the end, maybe something space related?
    -martial arts outfits with the coh style "ninja" pants that are baggy over the knee but still can be used with long boots. and long martial arts robes, a cheongsam would be nice too.

Any other comments?
    my butt itches.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My opinions and feelings of CO:
    tumblr_inline_mmy5li20ww1qz4rgp.gif
    e5pyfm.gif
    jackdaniels.gif
    I have nothing else to add.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What are currently your favorite things about Champions Online?

Honestly? The customization of characters. I can honestly say Cryptic is lucky that someone else hasn't replicated this capability- and the truth is, the only persons they have to thank for that are the LEWT-hungry hardcore gamers in other MMORPG's that are serious about 'earning' the ability to look like something interesting (and just like every other guy that's done the same missions).

The fact that the Devs acknowledge that roleplayers exist and do cater to them a bit.

Getting new costumes in the C-store.

Auras have potential, but they need to look at CoX's auras and go with some of those ideas- and branch toward some tech-themed auras.

Dislikes currently about Champs?

Lockboxes. Okay, I'm partially fine with this to a point. But when costumes are being put in them? No. Please God No, or at LEAST go with the model we had for the Mountain, where every bag contained a piece- and maybe some bags contain the whole set. I really don't care about anything else in the bags- but the Questionite crates weren't a bad idea at all.

Vehicles. I'm still not seeing how these things are actually useful in any way. Plus, the fact that I can't customize the colors? Lame. Complete waste of my time.

What do you think about the new Rampage Revamp?

Long overdue, consistency with drops could be better, but a hell of an improvement.

Costumes:
    • Put several costume parts in multiple categories. Some 'eye' parts could double as 'side' parts on the head.
    • Stop worrying about 'clipping'. If it looks stupid, that's my warped cross to bare.
    • Add new weapons: Theme packs like 'historical', 'tech', 'Contemporary', 'alien', things like this. Make sure to add more variety on the weapons that are 'worn', because the ones on the back and legs are the most generic and boring of the 'usable' selections.
    • Get out of this fantasy/magical/pre-modern rut with costumes. I play CO, not Neverwhatever.
    • Give us a back the weapons from the power replacers and crafting.
    • Any costume part in game, with very few rare exceptions, should be an option for players somehow.
    • Make ALL costume parts available in ALL material options.

Powers:
    • Booster flight/run speed/acrobatics/jump- a series of hidden boosters in the back and calves fire afterburners to propel these movements.
    • Beef up Archery.
    • Balance out all power sets.
    • Add Be-critter powers as addition to power sets.

Anything. At this point, I'd consider it a miracle.

Any other comments?

Don't be afraid to shake things up. Seriously. Go nuts. It's your world, make some progress in it.
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A lot of constructive feedback. :biggrin:

Honestly champs has a lot of potential.. so much that the last game i stayed with long enough was Exteel. Im pretty picky and it just so happens that the game matches my style and way of playing.

But the way things are going with regards to the Zstore.. lock boxes and content, this game is gradually going downhill.A lot of thing do piss me off however such as the the vehicles.. i only bought one and even now i kinda regret it. Its nice though hat Cryptic north finally picked us off the dusty shelved and is trying to polish us up (or at least i think they are).

Take two people for example..

One that works hard but isnt so great at their job.

And another that is fantastic at doing his job but is lazy as hell.

Who would you employ?.. Sometimes i feel CO is falling in the latter of the options. Cryptic needs to seriously look at what needs to be done before jumping into work...

Sigh, im slowly slowly giving up.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I forgot. I don't know why I keep forgetting this, but it's pretty important.

SIDEKICKS. Where the hell are these things?

They NEED to be customizable. They can be like, a dumbed-down AT or whatever, I'm cool with that. But what I REALLY want is the ability to customize their appearance.

Because out there on the streets, there's a war. And Armiger- the Cybernetic Super-Solder can only do so much. In times of great need, even warriors need a hand. And when Armiger needs help, only one person can come to his aid...

... Gary Busey.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cheats method, I'll copy your post and use the gaps

Alt-aholic- I loathe fixed character classes because sooner or later they all become cookie cutters.
    Yes, someone will say FF are too. I very much doubt whether my half arsed specials are.

all the costumes.
    being able to run around levelling by myself

-account bound auras that need to be traded between characters in order to use the same aura. If you want to use the same aura on a different character you need to buy the aura again.This is just wrong.
    -Non customizable vehicles..I want to be able to spray paint mine, by going into a spray shop, and aiming the sprayers at it or by picking decals to attach.
    OF course, with my accuracy with paint programs(as opposed to actual airguns) it will be a disastrous mess.
    Not enough male costumes- there seems to be few choices, same for their hair and beards. A lot look like they got swiped from a fantasy game

BLOAT form characters- the really big ones,Anyone using millennial flight or with big wings, it hard to see past them.

II actually quite like it despite not being able to see everything on Fire and Ice.

-Bring back the service grab bag or have a hideout bag. NO mods just hideouts.

-Make vehicles customization. Allow color changes and pattern changes, add ons like boosters, extra lights and colourable windows with the option to see the pilot inside.

-Scale vehicle with the size of pilot so vehicle isnt tiny in comparison to the driver.
    -make auras available across all characters so we dont have to switch characters to use the same aura.

none, they haven't mentioned anything. It's kind of hard to look forward to something when you have no idea what it is.

I would however like to see a Plant based power set, someone did a nice writeup of one in either suggestions or discussion

Any other comments?

Probably but my brain isn't functioning well currently

Feel free to discuss anything you feel is relevant and keep it clean. also you may add any questions you think that fit.

I may add more later.. I know there may be some typos so bare with me.[/QUOTE]

There's 1.:biggrin: No nudity allowed. you want bear.
    http://www.englishforums.com/English/BearBareWithMe/vclxd/post.htm
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Amazing character customization.

The absolute buggy mess that is this game.

Powers working incorrectly
    Animations freaking out or not playing
    Almost everything about the nemesis system
    Hundreds of minor stuff like perk bugs and typos so easy and quick to fix it's astonishing they haven't done so after literally YEARS
    And every time we get something new, something old breaks. Guaranteed.

This all just makes Cryptic look like an extremely incompetent bunch of developers. I fully realize that that's not very fair to say, after all I don't know what's going on behind the curtains of Cryptic HQ. But from an outside perspective, to a customer like me, Cryptic looks like a beginning company who are just getting their feet wet when it comes to creating and running an MMO. They need to up their game. HARD.

Also:
    Vehicles.

Everything about them.
    • They weren't what players asked for in the first place (non-combat mounts, anyone?)
    • They took entirely too much development effort
    • That development time created a big gap in non-vehicle content
    • They've unbalanced open-world events

Auras were so close to being right, until some weasel accountant came up with the "make them buy entire packs multiple times to get the same aura on multiple toons" racket.

Oh, and losing our entire development team for months at a time because when Hasbro and Paramount say "jump", Jack Emmert is already levitating.

It's okay I guess. I'm a bit burned out on playing actual content after being here for 3+ years so I rather not judge it too hard.

I'll keep it practical...

Vehicles: Stop. There are too many core components that need more attention.

Auras: Steal LOTRO's wardrobe system, so we can buy aura packs once and apply them anywhere.

Rampages: Multiply token requirements by 10, then drop 1-10 tokens for EVERY successful rampage.

Nemesis System: It's obvious they're not going to expand it the way they always wanted to, but they at least need to get their $#!^ together on what already exists. THIS needs to be the next thing to get a bug-fixing pass. At a minimum, the no-ambushes-for-weeks and invisible-minions-in-the-creator bugs need to be fixed.

Events: No more. Back to Adventure Packs. Design for permanence, not "run back and make part of it permanent long after we've taken it away". If Star Trek can tie Episodes to gambleboxes, there's no reason Champions can't do the same.
    Costumes:
    • Put several costume parts in multiple categories. Some 'eye' parts could double as 'side' parts on the head.
    • Stop worrying about 'clipping'. If it looks stupid, that's my warped cross to bare.
    • Add new weapons: Theme packs like 'historical', 'tech', 'Contemporary', 'alien', things like this. Make sure to add more variety on the weapons that are 'worn', because the ones on the back and legs are the most generic and boring of the 'usable' selections.
    • Get out of this fantasy/magical/pre-modern rut with costumes. I play CO, not Neverwhatever.
    • Give us a back the weapons from the power replacers and crafting.
    • Any costume part in game, with very few rare exceptions, should be an option for players somehow.
    • Make ALL costume parts available in ALL material options.

Powers:
    • Booster flight/run speed/acrobatics/jump- a series of hidden boosters in the back and calves fire afterburners to propel these movements.
    • Beef up Archery.
    • Balance out all power sets.
    • Add Be-critter powers as addition to power sets.

A plant powerset is all I want for Christmas

New zones don't interest me. If they add one it'll probably become another Vibora Bay anyway (abandoned with extremely repetitive missions).
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    These are my honest opinions.

Favourites: Character/Nemesis creation! Big fights! The vehicles I already got. That free Hideout!

Dislikes: Hard to say. I guess I just wish there was more new stuff, but that's covered by later questions.

Rampages: IMHO they're really cool. I didn't like Alerts much, but I really dig Rampages. Big fights, yeah!

Change: the Private Queue system for Rampages. Inviting is harder than doing the actual Rampages.

New Content: Sidekick creations, since character creation is such a competitive advantage of CO. A conclusion to the Comic Series missions, I feel it's just leaving me hanging. If that conclusion is like a new space area, like a giant zero-G Roin'esh space station, I'm ok with that.

Other Comments: I feel Old Cryptic left a lot of issues for Cryptic North to fix. They dealt with that backlog admirably and well, considering. Now it's time to see what Cryptic North can really do.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm pretty much in agreement with lilsteffie's original post.

Sister Silicon, I respectfully disagree with the idea of bringing Mechanon into things, at least until the very end of endgame. Mechanon should be more difficult to defeat than even Therakiel, and of course will always come back later... Definitely shouldn't be something that everybody and his sidekick has taken down. That would be STO's Borg mistake all over again.

Speaking of sidekicks, I'd love to be able to build one sidekick, and of course "sidekick slots" could be a lucrative source of income, but I understand it might be really difficult to code (although you could probably steal something from STO's Bridge Officer code for it). However, I still want to see Contacts, based loosely on STO's Duty Officer system. I want Backfire to be able to get some clues from his good buddy Officer Gelman of the MCPD, while Captain Americlown can call in an investigative favor from Jerry Jelic, ace reporter...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Character and power customization are amazing. I wish power customization was more available to silver players, but that horse is nothing but a stain at this point.

I don't know what would make me play again. Foundry, if they didn't mess it up like the other two games -- but even a half-donkey version of Foundry is pretty much not going to happen.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Sister Silicon, I respectfully disagree with the idea of bringing Mechanon into things, at least until the very end of endgame. Mechanon should be more difficult to defeat than even Therakiel, and of course will always come back later... Definitely shouldn't be something that everybody and his sidekick has taken down. That would be STO's Borg mistake all over again.

Oh, believe me, I don't take Mechanon lightly. Unfortunately, given the pace of development and level of executive commitment here, I don't think we're as far away from the "very end of endgame" as we'd like to be.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Community: This is pretty much the #1 reason why I stay here and is more important than any other reason.

Character Creator: The thing that is done best and the place I spend the most time. Being able to make all sorts of silly characters provides hours of entertainment. Even better when I entertain people with my toons. Totally Not A Bank Robber normally catches the eye of a few heroes.

Costume Bits: The quality of each new set is much better than at launch. Some things are totally a miss, but overall, new costume sets look amazing. Allowing bits to be used in a way that makes invisible body parts and being less restrictive on where you can use newer pieces is also nice.

Demo Record: When it works and isn't buggy as **** or crashing anyway.

Limited Power Selection: I have a character in EQII that is level 11 and already has more powers than I can fit onto the hot bar. Spending hours figuring out which powers are even worth bothering with and how I want to set up my hot bar is why that character is going to stay level 11 forever.

FF system: Being able to go crazy with builds is fun.

Lemuria Invasion and Sky Command: Hover discs are awesome.

Hideouts: My characters have a place to live and dump all of their crap.

Power Imbalance: Some abilities and specs are the clear winner and some of them are thrown in the dumpster in hopes of being forgotten. Characters are so ridiculously powerful that the entire game is trivialized. This wouldn't be a bad thing if that was the point of the game (as Saint's Row has done). But that means all powers should be lolOP.

Rule Breaking Enemies: As a player, I apply knock stacks to things. That's a rule of the game I have to follow. Do enemies bother following this rule? Absolutely not. In a cheap attempt at making things harder, even some trash mobs have been given free reign with knocking all over the map. My shotgun blast applies KB resist, Warlord and Grab's minions most certainly do not.

Bosses are supposed to have a popup that show when they're charging up a big attack. Guess who breaks this rule? Gravitar, Frosty, and Blaze. This is an incredibly crappy way to make a boss challenging. Especially in F&I when player powers can make it hard to see if a boss is going to attack. Or in Frosty's case where he can do an attack that makes Grav look like a weakling with no warning at all.

Everywhere else in the game, the aggro hog gets all the damage. Except Gravitar.

I can strip the passives of other players, but bosses are made immune to this. Several powers that could be good tactical choices are made completely worthless against bosses. The one place where those powers would shine. I can be hit in the face with smoke grenades from an NPC, but can't employ the same tactic against a boss. I guess adding the ability for a boss to actually f-ing move is too much trouble.

F2P Model: I'm going to point to the success of Path of Exile to highlight an amazing F2P system. The entire game is fully free to play. There is NOTHING in the cash shop but fluff items. Literally nothing in the game is gated by money. Even Rift has a great F2P model in that you can play the entire game freely with no restrictions (exception to the four newest souls). Both of these games are doing well despite this. Even Neverwinter has a better F2P model than CO.

They are the same alerts as before with the exception of F&I. Which means I like Lemuria and Sky Command for their always full speed hover disc. The bosses still suck due to boring AI and cheating. Most of the new costume bits don't even look finished. Tokens being a low random chance for gear you have to pay real money for and is also way too powerful for this game is all irritating. Team UI is in desperate need of an update, now more than ever. New bugs.

A focus on the things that make this game unique (costume creator, FF system, nemesis creation). Not releasing new powers as either OP or trash. A much better F2P system. At least double the price of all z-store costumes. Remove ATs. Finish all of the half-**** stuff in the game. Actual game balance. Advertisement. Demo Record Buff. Polish. Dev communication. Better writing. Interesting flavor text on special gear. Bug fixes. Spruce up older costume bits. Where's that super costume creator I heard rumors about? UI improvements. Stop applying band-aids (private queues) and actually fix issues with the game (team kicking in 10 man content).

The kind where we don't have HP sacks with super powerful attacks as the end all of boss fights.

Any other comments?

Not at this time.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All of what Silicon said; I'd kill for just a fraction of CoH's content (in both storied PVE stuff and power types)....and maybe a foundry. I'm glad CO is stay alive, cause if it wasn't, I'd probably be done with MMO's in general...
  • ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First off, I play this game on the side. So when I come here, I come to get away from everything else. Honestly, I come here to get away from everyONE else too. So Justice gear coming from Rampages is a big downer on my list. If I want 10-man content, there are other games that do it far better, so I would just go do that. This is where I come to chill out.

So why do I come here?

1. Of course, costume/character creator. Nothing else like it...if I see something on tv or online that looks really neat, I sometimes like to come on here to recreate it.

2. Freeform. My friends and I often joke about what kind of characters we would make using other games' systems, and about 2m into the conversation we realize that Champions is the only game out there this would work in :biggrin: Unless you count Ultima Online lol.

3. Powerhouse. I love testing new things and rebuilding characters. I have a blank 40 sitting in the powerhouse with a set of heirloom gear just for this purpose, and he is probably the toon I play the most.

4. Boss fights in Alerts. They are short, sweet, and give tons of xp for alts...and I don't need a certain item level to get them done :cool:

5. Nemesis. Not much else to say here, it's a cool idea and a simple, yet interesting, system.

6. These forums. Honestly, you guys are head and shoulders above other communities, and I enjoy helping out in the combat/powers/builds section, since I am a bit more gifted when it comes to freeforms than others :biggrin:. That keeps me checking back in from time to time.

What I don't like?

1. Already said uniques coming from Rampages. I think everything should be able to be bought with Questionite. Aside from some costume pieces, all gear should have alternate ways to receive. I want Justice gear, but I don't want to run Rampages to get them. I believe people who do enjoy Rampages should be rewarded with lots of Globals and Questionite, and even the tokens so they can buy their gear "faster," but not the sole means. I mean, if I want to raid, I'll do it in a game that has raids that run like well-oiled machines.

2. No Spears. I want spears!

3. Attack Toys look stupid. I would love more skin options for all pets. Toy Tanks would be neat.

4. Cosmic Keys. I understand why they did it, but still don't like them. Lockboxes should be farmable, but really rare, and open without using a key. They can still put the actual boxes in the c-store for a limited time, and just rotate every couple of weeks. Or link a lockbox with the current Graboftheweek, so everytime that Grab comes around, that will be the current lockbox.

Yes, I play other games, I said that, but I believe what I said was as unbiased and honest as possible.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    -Complete character customization. I get to play the character I want to play, with the abilities, appearance and name I imagined. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent just trying to come up with allowable, unused names I can tolerate in other games.

-The community. While I tend to roll my eyes at the serial complainers, most of the community is very supportive and welcoming.

-The endgame is too heavy on alerts and rampages. I'd like a reason to visit the other zones other than Unity missions, which aren't very rewarding once you've got multiple sets of full heroic gear.

-The old crafting system was fantastic. It felt like an extension of character creation, letting me build exactly the gear I wanted. I wish we'd expanded upon it rather than replace it with what we have now.

-Forgotten game elements, like the Qliphothic Energy picked up in Unity missions, once used in crafting, now apparently useless.

-Power imbalances. Each time a new power or set comes out it seems overpowered compared to similar existing powers. It seems like there should be more consistency across blast powers for example (looking at you, Ricochet Throw).

-Vehicles, or at least how they're implemented. I want them to feel like an extension of my character, but because I can't customize their appearance at all they just feel like generic gadgets. I've shunned them as anything but thematic travel powers until the rampage revamp, and now that I've kitted out a Fire Ant and tried it in combat, it feels far less effective than my character except in specific circumstances, which are about to be fixed (PB stacking).

It's some of the best content in the game! We've needed more challenging team content for a long time.

More challenging content, more team content, and more gear options. I love a challenge, and I feel powerful when I'm able to overcome it. Give me tough content and rewarding gear and I'll keep playing forever.

More content that explores the things that make superhero stories unique.

- A mega-expansion of the Nemesis system, with a few storylines appropriate for each nemesis personality.
    - Customizable sidekick "pets". I want to design them, name them, give them alternate appearances, and give them phrases to say.
    - Secret identities and storyline to go along with them. I'm not suggesting crafting, more like undercover work for UNTIL.

Any other comments?

Not for right now.
    Current Favorite Things:

-Costume creator.
    -Freeform powers system.

Dislikes:

The game feels painfully slow compared to this other game I started playing... it rhymes with Funz: The Fecond Fuel

What do I think about the new rampage revamp:

I like the fact that the Rampages generally implement one of the mechanics I think this game sorely needs more of.... movement.
    I like that three of the rampages implement another mechanic that I think this game sorely needs more of... targeting priority.
    I like that Cryptic has shown that they are capable of making content that rewards trinity play without requiring it.
    I dislike that Cryptic has shown that it still has not figured out how to create content that doesn't punish people for playing melee characters, especially those that aren't tanks.
    I dislike the RNG drops.

What would I add to the game to make it better:

More fast paced content that can't be beaten simply by building a half-decent build and then face-rolling through it. Content that requires players to do and think. Content that requires players to do more than just stand there and spam one power repeatedly.

What kind of new zones/content am I looking forward to:

New alerts that include all that other stuff I talked about.
    New comic series/adventure packs.
    New Open Missions.
    Da moon.
    Japan zone.

Any other comments:

If I have a million keys, but they all open the same lock the same way, then none of the keys counts as a relevant choice.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Character customization and power selection is the best I've ever seen in this type of combat environment. All it needs is a bit rebalancing so they aren't so exploitative of other players.

-Non customizable vehicles..

*Pretty much just quoting you here.

Its nice to have content cycle regularly rather than waiting a year to play it. Also, the rate of getting Justice gear is good. Too bad all the rewards are easily obtainable and not something uber rare to drop at a REAL rare rate.

Foundry. Obviously.

A massive piece of content that takes longer than 5 hours to do even when you've discovered a fast way to do everything. Basic MMO expansion stuff.
  • calabimcalabim Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    - Ease of Customization. It can't be beat by any other game.
    - Freeform. I can make nearly any kind of hero I want.
    - Naming. Adding player handles lets me take nearly any name I can think of.
    - Power Colors. Blue and Red and Green powers! Oh my!
    - Nemesis. This is a huge draw for me. I love anything that adds immersion!

- Account bound auras that need to be traded between characters in order to use the same aura. If you want to use the same aura on a different character you need to buy the aura again.This is just wrong. (Quoted from OP)
    - Vehicles. This is more of an "I don't care," and less of a "Dislike."
    - Nemesis. I know this was also a "Like," but there could be so much more to it. I hardly ever get Nemesis missions. So when they do show up and it's just an open world Nem mission that I finish in three minutes and don't see them again for days, it's a bit disheartening. Also it's way past time to expand the Nemesis power sets!!!
    - Lack of new content. I would like to see the focus of development more on new content and less on things like vehicles. Things like Serpent Lantern are great! There should be more like this. I accept that CO will never have what many consider a "real" expansion and I am ok with that, but give us something. We can already make nearly any hero our minds can imagine. Give us more places to take them.

- I haven't tried it enough to critique on it yet.

- Increase Nemesis power pool and frequency of minion appearances.
    - Foundry ala CoX. It's pretty much a dead horse, I know. Still a guy can dream, can't he?
    - Make auras available across all characters so we don't have to switch characters to use the same aura.

- New adventure pack zone.
    - A new hangout area besides Caprice.
    - More story line content.
    - Teamwork based reward system that awards team players for playing missions/alerts together a consecutive amount of times.

Any other comments?
    - I have played CO since beta. It is a great game overall. However, there are still a few rare bugs *cough cough* Bullet for Biselle.
    - The game is solid, but there are so many touches that could be added, so much fleshing out that could be done to bring this game out of the niche of, "It's the ONLY super MMO available."
    - Despite the gripes I have, I recently doubled down and went Lifetime. I want to think that was money well spent.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Necro threads.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. 100% Fully Character Customization
    2. Freeform System
    3. Character Naming Flexibility
    4. Character Diversity
    5. Nemesis system (before it got left to die with millions BUGs)
    6. CREATIVE members of the community that have mastered the Tailor and have created many ICONIC characters

1. Vehicles for all the reasons the other people states and the fact that our DEVs are focusing more on making new Vehicle Models than other stuff!
    2. Lockboxes
    3. Cryptic always punish Melee characters
    4. Ao-Qephoth (See Fake Difficulty)
    5. The Removal of NemCon & Therakiel Temple Costume pieces for no reason whatsoever
    6. The Removal of power replacement
    7. The Abandoned Questionite Store
    8. STUPID Tailor costumization and needless categories which could be Merged
    9. Unbalanced powers, some powers are getting overshadowed by others.
    10. The Spec tree is NOT that Flexible
    11. The A.I is potatoes
    12. Cryptic's IDEA for Epic Bosses is basically: "A Sack of HP, which can oneshot you without warning and strategy, spams KNOCKS like a crazy lunatic along with Fake Difficulty and has no Epic Loot whatsoever"
    13. EARTH framework
    14. Many power Lack of Synergy with other frameworks that COULD use
    15. non updated Knock system, the enemies abuse knocks, ignore Knock Resistance and refuse to give you Knock Resistance Stacks
    16. The more I play the game with different characters, the more I understand what a mess it is

1. RNG IS DA DEVIL
    2. Lemuria Invasion and Sky Command were turned into a Rampage without getting really revamp, they take too long and are frustating!
    3. Harbinger's Hitbox is not big enough, he is a walking RAM/FPS killer if gets DoTs/Debuffs, his battle phases are really obnoxious
    4. Fire and Ice has cheap Bosses with horrible costumes (no I won't let it go) which force to make pre made team and can STILL One shot people without any warnings
    5. Gravitar is at least STILL PUG friendly

1. Fix everything I just complained about
    2. Nef/Deleted/Destroy Ao-Qephoth from existance and Ban him from Burst Alerts
    3. Give ALL Frameworks their respective Themed Energy Unlock
    4. Remove the Ranks from Energy Builders and Lunges, now their rank and visuals are getting automatically ranked as your character grows (for example at lvl 40 your Energy Builders gets it's Rank 3 Visuals and Stats)
    5. Remove all the stupid Tailor limitations and allows many costume pieces to get combined
    6. Possible some better suggestions the other members listed, there are too many good one to list
    7. WATER POWERFRAME
    8. PLANT POWERFRAME
    9. SONIC/MUSIC POWERFRAME
    10. More powers for the lackluster frameworks (Sorcery)
    11. Better Melee AoE/Cone/PBAoE attacks for all frameworks
    12. Fully Update the Nemesis system and add more options and more impact of the nemesis in the story

Something that is not Alert related

Any other comments?

This Thread is still relevant
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    avianos wrote: »
    1. 100% Fully Character Customization
    2. Freeform System
    3. Character Naming Flexibility
    4. Character Diversity
    5. Nemesis system (before it got left to die with millions BUGs)
    6. CREATIVE members of the community that have mastered the Tailor and have created many ICONIC characters

1. Vehicles for all the reasons the other people states and the fact that our DEVs are focusing more on making new Vehicle Models than other stuff!
    2. Lockboxes
    3. Cryptic always punish Melee characters
    4. Ao-Qephoth (See Fake Difficulty)
    5. The Removal of NemCon & Therakiel Temple Costume pieces for no reason whatsoever
    6. The Removal of power replacement
    7. The Abandoned Questionite Store
    8. STUPID Tailor costumization and needless categories which could be Merged
    9. Unbalanced powers, some powers are getting overshadowed by others.
    10. The Spec tree is NOT that Flexible
    11. The A.I is potatoes
    12. Cryptic's IDEA for Epic Bosses is basically: "A Sack of HP, which can oneshot you without warning and strategy, spams KNOCKS like a crazy lunatic along with Fake Difficulty and has no Epic Loot whatsoever"
    13. EARTH framework
    14. Many power Lack of Synergy with other frameworks that COULD use
    15. non updated Knock system, the enemies abuse knocks, ignore Knock Resistance and refuse to give you Knock Resistance Stats
    16. The more I play the game with different characters, the more I understand what a mess it is

1. RNG IS DA DEVIL
    2. Lemuria Invasion and Sky Command were turned into a Rampage without getting really revamp, they take too long and are frustating!
    3. Harbinger's Hitbox is not big enough, he is a walking RAM/FPS killer if gets DoTs/Debuffs, his battle phases are really obnoxious
    4. Fire and Ice has cheap Bosses with horrible costumes (no I won't let it go) which force to make pre made team and can STILL One shot people without any warnings
    5. Gravitar is at least STILL PUG friendly

1. Fix everything I just complained about
    2. Nef/Deleted/Destroy Ao-Qephoth from existance and Ban him from Burst Alerts
    3. Give ALL Frameworks their respective Themed Energy Unlock
    4. Remove the Ranks from Energy Builders and Lunges, now their rank and visuals are getting automatically ranked as your character grows (for example at lvl 40 your Energy Builders gets it's Rank 3 Visuals and Stats)
    5. Remove all the stupid Tailor limitations and allows many costume pieces to get combined
    6. Possible some better suggestions the other members listed, there are too many good one to list
    7. WATER POWERFRAME
    8. PLANT POWERFRAME
    9. SONIC/MUSIC POWERFRAME
    10. More powers for the lackluster frameworks (Sorcery)
    11. Better Melee AoE/Cone/PBAoE attacks for all frameworks
    12. Fully Update the Nemesis system and add more options and more impact of the nemesis in the story

Something that is not Alert related

Any other comments?

This Thread is still relevant

aa1.gif
    750.gif
    8ae.gif
    All of this.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its an MMO with super powers. Its a game I play 2 or 3 times a week. Its alright.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, this should be fun.

- Members of the community. Seriously there are some stellar individuals in CO's community and I'm quite pleased that I've been able to interact with them and still do. I appreciate members who run events, RP really well, share knowledge, provide assistance and contribute intelligent discussion to topics. I also appreciate hilarious members of community who know how to make people laugh.

- Costuming options, incredible range of costume pieces at a players disposal which allows for weird and wonderful creations to be brought to life.

- 100% Freeform ability. Allows me for the most part, to bring my characters to life and use powers I want to use.

- Members of the community with fantastic ideas for costume sets/auras/missions/progression/powers etc.

- When we had a bug splat-a-thon.

- Voice Overs. I've noticed these have been working more and more for some reason and I absolutely ADORE them. I am eager to hear more in the future.

- QoL improvements.

- The state of powers, power sets and certain mechanics in Champions Online. I am disappointed that Congress of Selves, Mental Leech, Shadow of Doubt, Mental Storm, Personal Force Field, Crushing Wave, Telepathic Reverberation, Master of the Mind, Redirected Force, Crowd Control System in all of it's broken entirety, Force and Telepathy + a whole bunch of powers are the way they are. It's not like no player has complained about these things consistently and provided thread after thread after thread detailing how these situations could be overcome.

- Vehicle system - Whilst it does have its merits, such as the speed and the "ooh look a vehicle" effect. The presentation of it being one thing then nerfed and altered etc, has really discouraged me and no doubt other players from investing too much in the whole Vehicles system.

- Lack of content in the format that I desire. Such as: Foundry, New fully fleshed out power sets, new mission focused content in Champions Online that can be explored, like a new zone or two. Lack of CO lore present in game, or if it is present in game, not explored too well (IMO).

- Bugs that have been around for ages and are continually posted about without any official feedback to say "We are looking into this" or "We have tried fixing this active bug but would have to re-roll the power in order to fix it" or some sort of official word so that the same thing isn't continually repeated.

- Heavy introduction of lockboxes and Cosmic Keys. I understand this makes money but they seem incredibly forced.

I enjoy Gravitar and Fire and Ice. I do not particularly enjoy Sky Command or Lemurian Invasion. Something needs to be done to those two rampages to make them more enjoyable.

Token System...well my thoughts on that have been made known in the Discussions forum under "Justice Gear and Tokens" thread.

- I'd use my powers of telepathy and psychic persuasion via psychology to get more developers working for Champions Online. Once that is done and they have been familiarized with how CO "works" I'd do the following:

- Review under performing/broken powers and mechanics in Champions Online and bring them up to date with the rest of the powers in CO. (Crowd Control, PFF, Force, Archery, Telepathy (in some parts), Celestial, Earth, Heavy Weapons, Bestial, Sorcery). Make them more appealing and add in new powers.

- Review Mob AI. Make mobs behave in a more threatening way overall (see the way that VIPER usually call for back up. Make that happen more frequently, allow mob members to buff each other and place minor debuffs on players (like Elder Worms and Manimals do).). Allow Legendary and Cosmic ranked foes to be affected by Crowd Control abilities but give them something to be able to deal with it. This could be by allowing them to heal using something in the environment (nothing too annoying like Ao'healz4lyfe).

- Review the Crowd Control system. Stuns should not be as powerful as they are, this should be addressed alongside making Confuses and Placates worthwhile. And increasing the application of Crowd Control abilities so that Crowd Control is a viable, desirable but specialist area to go into.

- Spend time creating and integrating technology required for a Foundry in Champions Online, complete with a tutorial on how to use the Foundry.

- Enhance the NEMESIS! Experience. The current predictable and tired storyline/mission progression that has been in CO since Beta needs to either have some variety or limited to first time Nemesis' only. Generate alternative mission chains (make 10 different possible progressions), allow SG's to have their nemesis' to form a Nemesis SG who can attack at random times in open world settings and spawn minions. Basically make the whole experience more engaging. I shouldn't have to destroy city property in order to force my nemesis out of hiding. Consider lowering the cool down between nemesis missions.

- Run another three or four long Bug-Splat-A-Thon's and focus on serious bugs, such as those to do with powers not working correctly.

- Generate more lore focused content which features less well known groups (PSI cause I love them) and have them play out sinister storylines which lead to new powers added or new areas uncovered in game.

- New zones. (Space Zone, Mechanon's Steel Eden perhaps?, Malvan homeworld etc)

- New missions.

- Something to do at level 40, be it a level cap rise or just being randomly ambushed by Super Villains during missions which leads to an endgame of some sort.

- I'm looking forward to whatever is planned with Steel Crusade, that was something I've found quite interesting. And the new HUB too.

- Finding out if Steel Crusade/Fatal Err0r was all part of Phase 2 as hinted at the end of Whiteout.

- Firewing's Revenge. Open World Firewing boss who is angry after the events of the Forum Malvanum and wishes to burn the heroes of Earth for their defeat of him.

- Dr. Destroyer, I don't expect him to be in game as a "defeatable" enemy because of how strong he's meant to be. But I'd at least like to fight him and have him escape at the end. Leaving his base for heroes to explore. OR if heroes uncover a hidden base, fight the defences and then end up having the base to explore or something similar.

- SG Bases? Steelhead (in Whiteout) is a very good size for an SG base. I'd like to be able to see "offline" members wandering around the SG base.

- Completed personal hideouts.

Any other comments?

Honestly, Champions Online is a game with fantastic potential and could literally crush other Super hero MMO's IF it had the development power and advertising behind it that it desperately needs.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Panty shots of Caliga.
    And witty answers to necroed threads.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Panty shots of Caliga.
    And witty answers to necroed threads.

aa1.gif
    750.gif
    8ae.gif

Also love all the people so eager to dump all over the game that they don't notice how hard the thread is necro'd.