test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Costume a Day 2014

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sure, just depends on what powers you pick. You could have a dude with Sonic Arrow and [Single Blade Power].

You could even just do a full-on Blades character but give him the Archery Energy Builder. I have a character who's all Might except his Energy Builder is Munitions.

So he'd be like pew-pew, to begin with just so he can later go

POUND-POUND!!!
    -

Cool! :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have a character that uses both bow and swords. I use Storm of Arrows to pin enemies in place while I move in, then Sword Cyclone everything to death.
    edited February 2014
    Archery Costumes are taking flight.

Do you guys still feel like making some Bow Using Heroes?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    February 15th - Sister Shinobi
    Md2Q8NP.png
    Costume File
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And So we Begin Archer Week! Anyway you guys get 4 costumes today.... mainly because im experimenting with different parts and colours and kinda wanna share...however im still out of ideas, so from here on everything from me might get a little unoriginal.
    February 16th

Chris Bowe

Archerguy.png
    Costume File

Untitled

Untitled.png

Costume File

Dont really care to name this one.. just experimenting with helmets again, feel free to download.
    The Guardian (Aztech's Servant)

AztechServant.png

Costume File

I'll end up creating more of Aztech's minions in this thread or my old one. Anyway here im trying to go for a slightly different look compared to Aztech while still keeping a theme, they may get redesigned later.
    The Undying

UndeadEgyptiangod.png
    Costume File

This old thing.. yeah this was sitting around and i kinda never really posted it.. However it might appeal to some of you with particular tastes. I dont really like this one.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I had this idea for a while, but already have a few archery characters so I will donate this one to the thread :D

Schutze

The daughter of Der Bogenschutze, Schutze took up the family mantle following the disappearance of her father, one of Germany's premier heroes. A former olympic archer and survivor of an aborted super soldier program, Bogenschutze had taught his daughter everything he knew about bowmanship, to complement her inherited agility and speed. A raw hero, Schutze struggles to fill her father's shoes, often falling foul of her inexperience.

Schuumltze_zpsbecad66a.jpg~original

Costume File
    edited February 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    And while I was looking at iRun Man's older costumes, I found one I had done for a 90s costume contest. Again I refreshed it a little using new parts -

Harness (gadget guy)
    costume90s_zps29294129.jpg~original
    Costume File

Honestly curious, what shoulderpads are those he's using? My guess is going to be the Socrates ones?

edited February 2014
    Trying to supply a of Marksmen and a Markswoman I created a pair. The Male is more of a joke, but I really like the Female.

Blue-Green Arrow.
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_BlueGreenArrow2_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_443059427_zps6501409a.jpg

Shady Bow.
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_ShadyBow3_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_443568960_zpsc43b9ed4.jpg

Edited to add caps.
    -
    BGArrow-001.jpg
    -
    ShadyBow-001.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Who said The Mind's power has to be pink?

Blue Psiren - The Mind
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_BluePsiren2_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_445578149_zpsd9a0f93d.jpg

Almost tTotally the same costume, except blue. So it's not really even a bonus, just a tweak I wanted to see.

Edited to add a cap.
    -
    BluePsiren-001.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dammit, made this costume then entirely forgot to post it. By way of apology, I've given a bonus.

Wednesday 20th February 2014
    Archer (Medieval)

archer.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_Archer_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_446198277.jpg

I first made the prototype version of this costume on a female character years ago, since originally the chest armour that it uses was inexplicably unavailable for males. I was very pleased when I returned to find that it was now available for males as well.

The compromise with this costume is that the lower part of the tabard isn't padded like the top part. You may prefer to make the tabard smooth so both top and bottom match, but I kinda like it like this.
    edited February 2014
    Bonus Costume
    Unleashed Mu

UnleashedMu.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_UnleashedMu_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_442052781.jpg

Remember the Mu from City of Villains? I always liked their creepy look, all tied up to try and control their terrible power...

Well you can't have characters tied up in CO. A shame, but that only makes this Mu fella all the more dangerous, right? Right? Well, maybe.
  • velis3velis3 Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Another Friday and I decided to go with something akin to last week: short toon, holiday theme and a bit of a mashup.
    I jumped ahead to the next holiday, St. Patty's Day, and using the same model as Cupid, I made a leprechaun.
    Leprechauns love gold and you know who else loves gold: Pirates.
    So I took the two, mixed them together (squishsquishmash) and ended up with what you see: Redbeard, the Leprechaun Pirate.

Redbeard.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_Redbeard2_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_446270100.jpg
    edited February 2014
    February 22nd - Hikari Ikarasu
    BQuoGzC.png
    When did that skirt start clipping so much? Goddangit
    Costume Fiel

• jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I bet it's just that animation. Look at the way the leg is rotated. All the skirts are probably skinned to the legs and pelvis, rather than having their own bones.

Just make the briefs red, I guess. x3

The bows work really well on those gloves. It makes me wonder if the Square Straps tights would match similarly. We need a version of that without the strap part.
    edited February 2014
    23rd of February

Dragoth the Slayer

dragonguy.png

Head close up

dragonhelmet.png

Honestly this thing looks kinda silly from the side.. download the costume if you dare.

Costume file

Some generic Finland hero..

finlandhero.png

Costume file

^ Eh a little too simple for my tastes, right now i'm practicing on trying to make better patriotic heroes, so forgive me if they're a little bit .. underwhelming.

edited February 2014
    - Continuation -

Electro Inferno

ForceAT.png

Costume File

^ A hero that uses a combination of munitions, force and electricity. Or.. make up your own build.

Thats it for this week i guess. Stay tuned, more costumes to come! Again feel free to ask questions or tips on how to make costumes, we dont bite! Promise! :biggrin:

edited February 2014
    Was messing about with the new until flight helmet and came up with this guy -

CCCP
    (Сове́тских самоуправляющийся Cражение Pобот)
    (Soviet Autonomous Battle Robot)

CCCP_zps2ca27719.jpg~original
    Costume File
    edited February 2014
    I'm so glad that you guys posted some stuff yesterday. I completely forgot it was my day to post. :redface:

At this point, I think I will just wait to see if we get a full seven by Sunday before dropping one into the thread. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Wednesday 26th February 2014
    Space Admiral

(requires UNTIL military jacket unlock)

Admiral.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_Admiral_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_446747915.jpg

Another rather simple one from me this week, but I've been looking for ways to use the UNTIL military jacket that drops from Sky Command. It's not the most versatile costume piece, and the male version has rather ugly yellow bars on it that can't be colour-changed. Still, the female version works well enough to have a design inspired by a certain space opera franchise.
    edited February 2014
    Well in the interests of equality here is Der Bogenshutze, father of Schutze whom I posted previously:

Bogenschuumltze_zpsbc14ea6e.jpg~original
    Costume File

eiledon wrote: »
    I had this idea for a while, but already have a few archery characters so I will donate this one to the thread :D

Schutze

The daughter of Der Bogenschutze, Schutze took up the family mantle following the disappearance of her father, one of Germany's premier heroes. A former olympic archer and survivor of an aborted super soldier program, Bogenschutze had taught his daughter everything he knew about bowmanship, to complement her inherited agility and speed. A raw hero, Schutze struggles to fill her father's shoes, often falling foul of her inexperience.

Schuumltze_zpsbecad66a.jpg~original

Costume File
    edited February 2014
    bobsy26 wrote: »
    Wednesday 26th February 2014
    Space Admiral

(requires UNTIL military jacket unlock)

Another rather simple one from me this week, but I've been looking for ways to use the UNTIL military jacket that drops from Sky Command. It's not the most versatile costume piece, and the male version has rather ugly yellow bars on it that can't be colour-changed. Still, the female version works well enough to have a design inspired by a certain space opera franchise.

This costume looks very cool, :smile: unfortunately, I cannot look at the jacket's details in the CC. :frown: The jacket does not show. What she was wearing, on top at least, looks more like a skin tight, black leotard.

As usual, all of your choices made this a great costume, but since I could not see the SC jacket, I wanted to try to see if there were parts that could still work. This is what I did.
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Sci-Fi+Soldier+3_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_446770146.jpg
    -
    I left every part alone except for three details.

Hair > Emo
    Jackets > Chestlayer > Robes Closed
    Neck > Tight band

I decided to use the color of pants stripe for the main color of the Robe/Jacket, then matched the same color to the Tights and Tight band beneath robe/Jacket for a turtleneck-ish look. The yellow part of the robe looks, to me at least, like some sort of uniform fasteners and officer flair. I looked at Epaulettes, but decided against it.

Now that I am looking at it the yellow and think it should have been tweaked more towards the color gold.:redface:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This costume looks very cool, :smile: unfortunately, I cannot look at the jacket's details in the CC. :frown: The jacket does not show. What she was wearing, on top at least, looks more like a skin tight, black leotard.

As usual, all of your choices made this a great costume, but since I could not see the SC jacket, I wanted to try to see if there were parts that could still work. This is what I did.
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Sci-Fi+Soldier+3_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_446770146.jpg
    -
    I left every part alone except for three details.

Hair > Emo
    Jackets > Chestlayer > Robes Closed
    Neck > Tight band

I decided to use the color of pants stripe for the main color of the Robe/Jacket, then matched the same color to the Tights and Tight band beneath robe/Jacket for a turtleneck-ish look. The yellow part of the robe looks, to me at least, like some sort of uniform fasteners and officer flair. I looked at Epaulettes, but decided against it.

Now that I am looking at it the yellow and think it should have been tweaked more towards the color gold.:redface:

Did you unlock the SC jacket yet? Or is it just bugged for you? If you need a jacket, shoot me a message in game. I have an extra one.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
    edited February 2014
    Well yeah, like I said it requires the UNTIL military jacket unlock from Sky Command. They're pretty easy drops, and quite cheap at auction I believe.
    edited February 2014
    Well yeah, like I said it requires the UNTIL military jacket unlock from Sky Command. They're pretty easy drops, and quite cheap at auction I believe.

Understood. I was really just trying to relay the point of how wonky the CC sometimes gets when the part is a drop, or a Gold X number of days Reward and not purchase-able part from a set. It's just the way the CC acts sometimes.

Example - The Space Admirals hair is a part that can be purchased, and the CC showed that part to me, but for the UNTIL military jacket, it kind of says, "Nope. Not gonna show this part to you."

As for the rest of my post, well, it was me just experimenting, as I often do. Like I said, I really like your costume. You're much better with those sliders that I am, but that's why I study these builds. I'm actually tinkering with a few heroes with long, thin limbs.
    benevon wrote: »
    Did you unlock the SC jacket yet? Or is it just bugged for you? If you need a jacket, shoot me a message in game. I have an extra one.

It's been more than a year since I tried Sky Command, but since I last tried it on my old PC, maybe I'll give it a go and see if I can manage to get the drop on my own. If I don't find one, at least, I'll know I have options. Thanks. :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've really enjoyed this thread, just downloading the files and being able to look at what you guys are doing.
    edited February 2014
    Hello everyone and welcome to another episode of Short Toons Friday!

Our guest today is Papa Ogun, a voodoo loa (spirit).

Back in the early 1800's, a large group of voodoo shamans (estimated to be several hundred) attempted to summon and control this loa. Instead of a human host, they used spells to make a voodoo doll appear alive and tricked Ogun into possessing it. Being trapped in the doll limited his full abilities. However, Ogun was very powerful and could not be controlled. The group fled.

Using his host body, he changed the illusion of life into real life. Unfortunately, he was unable to regain full body size. Now, he roams the earth, fighting evil everywhere he finds it. He also continues to seek out those responsible for his current condition. With each enemy defeated, he absorbs their power and thus is one step closer to ending the spell and returning to his spirit self.

PapaOgun.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_PapaOgun_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_446917063.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Okay, since were were just talking about - UNTIL Sky Command Defense - I'd thought I'd ask here.

I talked to Bradley and picked up the mission, but I can't seem to find where to go to queue it up or whatever I need to do to get in on the action.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Okay, since were were just talking about - UNTIL Sky Command Defense - I'd thought I'd ask here.

I talked to Bradley and picked up the mission, but I can't seem to find where to go to queue it up or whatever I need to do to get in on the action.

It's a rampage alert now. And you've missed the window for a few weeks, as the current rampage is Gravitar. Check the calendar for when Sky Command is due next. But for the costume piece you're still better off checking the auction house.
    edited March 2014

It's a rampage alert now. And you've missed the window for a few weeks, as the current rampage is Gravitar. Check the calendar for when Sky Command is due next. But for the costume piece you're still better off checking the auction house.

On latest PTS build (which should hit live this next week), the mission from Bradley has been removed to prevent confuddling people.
    edited March 2014
    March 1st - Falthaam
    ZX9ONWS.png
    (Costume File)

edited March 2014
    March 2nd

Head Hunter Harry

Aka Commander Omnicron's trusty sniper soldier.

screenshot_2014-03-02-01-29-05.jpg

Costume file

Totally looks like he took a selfie XD Anyways for this one i tried to go for a post apocalyptic look, so his costume is mostly black and white including his skin, resembling that he may have came from an alternate universe. I'll be making more of Commander Omnicron's post apoc soldiers, each with a unique color in their costume that will stand out and differentiate one from another.

edited March 2014
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    screenshot_2014-03-02-01-29-05.jpg

I'm loving the goggles behind the visor look. Really cool.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited March 2014
    edited March 2014
    A Male and Female pair of Squalls. The twist is in their name - Solar Winds.
    -
    SolarWinds-001.jpg
    -
    SolarWinds-002.jpg
    -
    It's the Aura, Medical Nanites, that brings this hero's costume to life. Set it to yellow and it's almost like a tiny solar storm is circling our hero.
    -
    Here's the he and she Solar Winds.
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_SolarWinds-female4_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_444527759_zps3871a918.jpgCostume_ZedBrightlander_SolarWinds-male3_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_444527643_zps18fbdbd6.jpg
    -
    I am going to list this as last Tuesday's post since we are down one this week. I have one more Squall related costume for tomorrow. I'll either post tonight, or late tomorrow.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Okay, so I live in New Jersey, and we are about to get hit with our 17th snowstorm of the Winter. I don't know what it's like were you live, but I am ready for some warmer weather. I really want this cold weather to be over. :rolleyes:

That said, for the month of March, I would like our "Theme Week" (post by or during the last week or March) will be Springtime or even more broadly, warmth and greenness. Sorry if it seem cliche, but, like I said, it's been that kind of Winter here.

I know that we have seen a quite few things already in February that qualify as Springy or warm or green, due to the release of the Pixie Costume set. Heck, even that pirate leprechaun could count since it's very green. :smile: I think our group of Costumers is fairly accepting and has enough of a creative bent to even accept an Inferno as Warmth. Remember, participation in the Theme is not mandatory.

I figure during April, we can try one of eiledon's suggestions and do a proper "Brick" Week, or a "Beast" Week type theme. Heck, since the theme idea was his, how about we let him pick April's Theme Week?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Air Force One
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_AirForceOne5_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_447118078_zps1a7cb5c0.jpg
    -
    This blow hard gets his wind powers through technology. And the Sakura Mecha Armor and the Variety Pack.
    -
    Edited to add a cap.

AirForceOne-001.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited March 2014
    (Bonus for yesterday)

Tuesday 4th March 2014
    Ironhand

(Requires Roin'esh pack, Halloween Creatures pack, spikes thick bracers unlock)

Ironhand.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_Ironhand_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_447363672.jpg

What really happens when you try to fuse liquid metal to your skeleton, kids.

The more you know...
    edited March 2014
    Wednesday 5th March 2014
    ARGENT Security redesign

(Requires jetpack set, Mechassassin shield unlock)

ArgentSecurity.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_ArgentSecurity_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_447353385.jpg

My first entry here was an attempt at redesigning the VIPER trooper uniform, so here's an attempt at doing the same for ARGENT. I really dislike their current boilersuit look, which is fine for a SMERSH-esque volcano lair, but not so great for a supposedly legitimate public company.

So what we have here is a trenchcoat-and-hat security uniform with green highlights, over a pale green shirt with black tie. The uniform is augmented with metal armour on the hands, shoulders, back and lower legs, as well as a mechenforcer-class shield worn on the left arm (it's about time this tech was rolled out across the entirety of their forces, surely).

All ARGENT security forces have had cybernetic implants installed as standard, which allows them to easily mount their combat interface headgear directly. This is also the reason their heads are completely shaved. At irregular intervals corporate slogans are broadcast directly into employees' frontal lobes, because, well, because.
    edited March 2014
    I have a query for you guys. It's related to this missing costumes thread.

Have any of you guys even create a costume and save a costume, but then, later, found the same costume missing? If so, do you know any solutions for the people having this problem?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Solaris & Ms Solaris

Possible looks for a scion of dying alien world/supreme hero (all basic parts i think except for alien gladiator chest)

costumeSolaris_zpsc94bb817.jpg~original

Male Costume Female Costume
    edited March 2014
    Hello again, everyone. Well, I finally acquired the windup key for a toon that's been in the works for awhile. I don't really want to wait 9 months to post it at the holiday time, so here he is.

This is the product of an unknown and obviously mad scientist, who also loves Christmas. Imagine an animated nutcracker (alive, robot?) that fights crime, but with multiple personalities.

If you can picture that then you would have a portrait of... The Cracked Nutter.

CrackedNutter.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_CrackedNutter_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_447524558.jpg
    edited March 2014
    March 8 - Halligan
    F0M2hk8.png
    Costume File

edited March 2014
    9th of March- Arathorn

screenshot_2014-03-10-10-28-34.jpg

Costume File

screenshot_2014-03-10-10-29-09.jpg

Costume File

screenshot_2014-03-10-10-28-14.jpg

Costume File

edited March 2014
    Another week. Another costume. Meet - Peace Man. He's a just a dude who'd like nothing better than to chill in the park with his friends and a frisbee.
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_PeaceMan2_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_447557360_zps0e05c042.jpg
    -
    If he's really a hippie-type from the 1960s than he would be a voice against war, and violence in general. So best to make him a Radiant. Or, maybe the T-Shirt is ironic and he's actually a killer hipster. :rolleyes: :wink:

What I'm doing here, is trying to stretch my knowledge of body types. I am also finally learning how to use the facial sliders. At least I hope I am. :-D

edited to add a cap.
    -
    Peaceman-001.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited March 2014

Okay, I had to stop by the AH to deposit (i.e. sell for 1 L) some common Westside drops. (What can I say, I like to share.)

Since I was there, I picked up the jacket. Very nice. I even tried changing the color of the jacket to match stripe on the pants. Also, a nice look. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited March 2014
    { concerning lilsteffie costumes }

1) Greenness. Check.

2) Warmth. Check.

3) Is that supposed to be ice? :rolleyes:

-
    :biggrin: Well, two out of three is no poke in the eye.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg