test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20131213.27 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 3:30pm, 2/26/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20131213.23/.26

Release Notes for FC.31.20131213.27:

Missions

• Defeating Gravitar now earns you the correct amount of Questionite.

Preview

• Chaos auras have been added to the Debugger's store.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So you aren't changing the token drop rate at all? It seems to be far worse that fire and ice is as a drop rate... But you aren't changing that at all?
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I believe that the DR didn't reset from Sky command, or at least that's what it feels like.

XS
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Only Questionite?

Every item's drop rate is ridiculously low this time. Plz chk about those too.

If token drop rate will be same, I give up getting Justice set.
  • Options
    radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Only Questionite?

It was all wrapped up in the same issue. You should see the proper drop rates for tokens and costumes after this fix.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you! C: Can you double check the invasion to make sure that one is correct before it rolls in, please?

XS
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any word on healers not getting any drop when they have to focus most time on healing?
  • Options
    lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    aiqa wrote: »
    Any word on healers not getting any drop when they have to focus most time on healing?

Yes, we will have a fix for that in the next PTS build.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Anyone got a pick of Chaos Aura? Curious what it'll look like, but I'm on a non Champs computer at the moment.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

Yay. Thank you!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any word on when we'll be again able to copy characters to PTS?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ok, let's talk Lemurian Invasion for a momment. Will we...

-See the comic panels put into the alert?
    -Have proper contribution systems in place when it goes live?
    -Have the issue Bob has outlined a bajillion times about certain powers not even working on Bleak Harbinger addressed?
    -Fix the issue with being able to get underneath Bleak Harbinger and damage it without being hit?
    -Return the leadup missions for the alert as permanent content like Fatal Error?
    -Possibly, and I know this is a biggie, put in a mission between 3 and the alert which actually ties the story together over that hole? It seems gappy there to me and I am not alone in this.

I'd just like to see this stuff tackled before it goes live. IMO, Team Lordgar did a decent job on Lemurian Invasion but I cannot help but feel that Team Lordgar AND Cryptic North could complete/improve this. :cool:

P.S. Can we get the Bleak Harbinger, Frosticus, Kenina Blaze, Cybermind, Cyberlord, Socrates, Taeteklys, Firewing, and any other 2013 AF I missed switched from BoP to BoE? I have the majority of these and would like to be able to give spares to friends. I'd also like the option to have friends give me the ones I'm missing. Wasted loot is wasted. Help us spread the love. :redface:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Chaos Aura: Nice. But. Hands/Feet/Head/Torso part has the black backglow, that makes it useless for "Not ChaoticEvilBadDemonBlack" use....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Chaos Aura: Nice. But. Hands/Feet/Head/Torso part has the black backglow, that makes it useless for "Not ChaoticEvilBadDemonBlack" use....

Black =/= EvilBadDemon

But in truth, chaos should look more like a chaotic mixing of colors.

Also, why is it that only the seperate pieces get the black backglow? While the full body one does not get the effect?
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

Bless you!

*Sends virtual 5k Critical heal your way, while shielding you against additional forumite damage!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    Ok, let's talk Lemurian Invasion for a moment. Will we...

-Have the issue Bob has outlined a bajillion times about certain powers not even working on Bleak Harbinger addressed?
    -Fix the issue with being able to get underneath Bleak Harbinger and damage it without being hit?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/49m3iqluckmun57/COConflagIssue.jpg

Red means that CO will let you fire off Conflag / Lightning Storm / Avalanche and actually have it do damage (because you MUST be within 50ft of the mob's bottom center of its hitbox).

Blue means that while CO will happily let you use the above powers (because you're 50ft away from any part of the mob's hitbox), you'll do the animation, and you'll lose Energy, but you'll do ZERO damage.

There's the first part. Based on how this is still an issue against Mega-Ds (and anything else in CO that's large - although it's noticeable on EVERY MOB IN THE GAME if you stand just right), I'll be absolutely totally and UTTERLY floored if it's actually fixed.

Which means I expect that my main DPSer to be completely worthless unless I lolGravPulse the thing to death on my bike. Or Pulse Laser (which is the new thing for single target bosses).

The second issue? Yeah, I'm going to say right out - I fully expect the giant world hole to still exist. Although I don't remember that you could use it to get underneath the BH - it just made all the mob fights absurdly easy getting to said boss, as the mobs couldn't get to you. And you could just lolGravPulse them to death.

And in related news - expect the PTS Character Transfer to be down for WEEKS. STO (and I'm assuming NW) got MONTHS of warning on this. CO players got NONE.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ok, if this character copy thing is going to be down for a while then I have a few request which I think would be a nice Band-aid for the situation.

1. Either: Grant players X amount of character slots added to their PTS Accounts(like 10) -or- Give Debugger toon slot unlock tokens for free for people to use as needed.
    2. Re-Enable the keys and such in Debugger so people can use them to get things(Questionite and Salvage mainly) for their test toons.

I think this would work well for the time being. Oh, and please and thank you. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The aura parts looks like a completely different set considering that the hands and feet parts obscure the arms and legs with black.
    Anyone got a pick of Chaos Aura? Curious what it'll look like, but I'm on a non Champs computer at the moment.

The Chaos Aura Looks just like the Kings of Edom's auras without the "energy" aura layer, while the Chaos Aura PARTS looks like they came from the Chaos Demon.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It was all wrapped up in the same issue. You should see the proper drop rates for tokens and costumes after this fix.

Yay thank you very much!!!!! :D
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any chance we could ditch the RNG on token drops and increase the required tokens to compensate? Strings of good luck are great and all, but when you get that string of bad luck it's very disheartening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    falchoin wrote: »
    Any chance we could ditch the RNG on token drops and increase the required tokens to compensate? Strings of good luck are great and all, but when you get that string of bad luck it's very disheartening.

I agree... but. To not (mostly) invalidate all the drops people got so far, I'd like a guaranteed token fragment, and then with 10 or 20 fragments or so you can get one normal token.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I agree... but. To not (mostly) invalidate all the drops people got so far, I'd like a guaranteed token fragment, and then with 10 or 20 fragments or so you can get one normal token.

That sounds like a good compromise to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    but when you get that string of bad luck it's very disheartening.

Thanks, if anybody needs me I'll be over her in the corner...cutting myself.* :frown:

*before anybody freaks...it's a joke. Sheesh.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Seconded, thirded, fourthed, etc. Make this happen, please.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Chaos Aura looks like Shadow Aura at rank 2. Is this supposed to be like this?
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don't think anyone mentioned this yet. Not sure if this was intended or what and just noticed it today after this patch but the 90s Jacket costume piece the first color has a glow option.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Don't think anyone mentioned this yet. Not sure if this was intended or what and just noticed it today after this patch but the 90s Jacket costume piece the first color has a glow option.

That's been around since they first started the bug overhaul stuff in the tailors. I think it was intended, but I'm not 100% sure.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    That's been around since they first started the bug overhaul stuff in the tailors. I think it was intended, but I'm not 100% sure.

Strange I have noticed just then and I have been making outfits using that jacket for awhile now. I need to pay closer attention. :biggrin:

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The token drop rate is a bit too low, agreed. Playing Gravitar a dozen times in the three day rotation means you probably will not get one token. One piece of Justice gear costs 2.

I also think the chaos aura is just not different enough from the shadow aura.

For me, chaos = shifting hues in a growing and shrinking clouds and streamers.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That sounds like a good compromise to me.

I have to wonder, how would you invalidate people that got lucky? There is no invalidation of that. Big whoopty do. What about the people that put in as much time or more and still have little to nothing to show for it?

There is no reason to validate their time because luck is not a factor in this. People got extra lucky and that's it, which means the next time this rolls around those people won't be bothering with these anymore, and that means the queue times will progressively get longer, yet the people that weren't as lucky will still be stuck with this ever increasing problem. There is no way you can validate it their luck and say that it was there time because again, there are people who have put in as much time if not more and have little to show for it. And I've tried every angle, personally, from alts and still have not received any bonus drops so i don't know how the system is so beneficial to them, because my one alt at level has still yet to receive a single drop.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Another way to think of the token shards idea is that you can still win the jackpot (ie: get a token drop) while also working toward getting a token if the RNG decides to hate you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]