What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nephts accident.

124»

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ashensnow wrote: »
    You mean on the wagon right ? You might not want to be off the wagon while taking pain killers.

And yeah, lost my favorite uncle to a drunk driver. So very glad that you are doing OK there Nepht.

>_> gad did I screw that saying up. Once again my English fails me. But yeah you get my drift.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Back when I was younger, I got really drunk twice. First time wasn't too bad, had a bad headache in the morning. Second time I was so drunk I got sick. It was hell. I promised never to get that drunk ever again. My friends all laughed at me and said everybody says that and still does it.

I've kept my promise.

Oh, I do enjoy a drink or two every now and then. But that's all, just one or two drinks. It just isn't worth getting sick over.

Also refuse to drink and drive. While growing up, it was hammered into my head to never do so. If I don't have a designated driver, I'm not drinking.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    >_> gad did I screw that saying up. Once again my English fails me. But yeah you get my drift.

Lots of people get this one backwards. If you are abstaining from drinking Alcohol, you are On The Wagon. Here's why.

It was probably a confusing idiom even in it's day since the water on the Water Wagon was not really meant for consumption but keeping street dust down.

At least the English idiom about being a teatotaler is easier to understand. IMHO
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lots of people get this one backwards. If you are abstaining from drinking Alcohol, you are On The Wagon. Here's why.

It was probably a confusing idiom even in it's day since the water on the Water Wagon was not really meant for consumption but keeping street dust down.

At least the English idiom about being a teatotaler is easier to understand. IMHO
    Except that actually it's "teetotaler", generally agreed to have been coined in 1833 by one Richard Turner, an advocate of not drinking alcohol at all. He appears to have been going for a sort of "doubling for emphasis" - that is, calling for not just total abstinence, but "T-total" ("T as in Total", you see). The word caught on with the abstinence community.

Yeah, English is a pretty silly language sometimes. That's why I like it. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Personally, I try to avoid having any alcohol if I'm going to drive, or, at most, a beverage or two 1-2 hours before I will be driving.

Heck, at home I only occasionally drink because what if something happens and I have to drive one of my kids to the ER?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Screw that guy. I can drive drunk and do it perfectly. He's just a bad person and should be struck with a paddle u3u
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not only did I get a bit busted up the kid behind the wheel has gotten himself a police record now, that could screw up his life somewhat.

I suppose you're a better person than I am. I personally wouldn't give a damn about the kid with the DWI if I was in your situation as long as he wasn't dead, maimed or at least as incapacitated as me.

Bare minimum I'd make sure he or his family paid up 100% of my medical bills, even if I had to sue them and keep going to court for years to do so.

Look at it this way - if they take away his license and throw the book at him, they may be doing him a favor. He might actually learn a lesson and get his life in order. And in the process others would be that much safer with him off the road.
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know what I agree with you now. I have a total aversion to alcohol now. Not only did I get a bit busted up the kid behind the wheel has gotten himself a police record now, that could screw up his life somewhat. So yeah im so off the wagon now.

a kid huh? how old was he? let me guess probably 18-19? not even out of high school yet?

if thats the case they should just pull his license and be done with it, probably save more peoples live since he'll most likely just do it again down the road
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    on the other hand, my 2 brothers drove like that. Passed their licenses perfectly first try.(lets just say that the only thing I did right the first time was parking it at the end.)

One spent the entire first five years with only 1 demerit point left out of 12. He eventually realized that he could lose his license and his job with it, if he ever lost the last one.

The other went too fast round a corner on a wet road , a month after getting his license and hit a tree on the left side with the right hand side (drivers) door. His car span and hit it.

His driving changed immediately after our parents pointed out how stupid he had been and how close he came to killing himself.

A nasty shock young can improve their driving,as they realize what could have happened.

In this case, he could have killed someone.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Strangely enough my one and only incident with acohol just involved my getting sick at a friends house. Was the first and last time I got blitzed like that. I will never, ever understand the desire of people to get inebriated especially considering the constant consequences the next day. And yea people saying they don't have a hangover the day after, please stop. People can tell.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Strangely enough my one and only incident with acohol just involved my getting sick at a friends house. Was the first and last time I got blitzed like that. I will never, ever understand the desire of people to get inebriated especially considering the constant consequences the next day. And yea people saying they don't have a hangover the day after, please stop. People can tell.

A classic illustration of this observation here in the link below. (Bill Cosby routine - SFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNRzq-DcDzg
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wondered why I haven't seen you for days, good to know you're alive.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Yep. The buzz isn't worth the pain afterward. Once was too many times.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know, many of us manage to drink responsibly quite often with no ill effects and without risking the lives of others.

Some people can't deal with moderation, or simply make really bad decisions.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't worry about me guys as my old man always says "shes like a pigmy version of Captain Scarlet". Trust me I've had worse. At the moment I'm sitting on my **** watching Top Gear* on Dave , which is odd...considering its a car show :V

Okay, this has broken many badass barriers. It's almost what I would write as a meme caption.

Hit by drunken driver. Wrecks car. Worries more about about driver than self.

Then WATCHES CAR SHOWS IN TRACTION. I imagine the conversation going like this:

"Wotcha, Nepht."

"Just watching Top Gear. You reckon I can take him on?"

"Who? The driver?"

"No...the CAR."

Players that live in the UK will understand that :P

For the record I think you could take Captain Scarlet. He's still got a better theme song, tho.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com