WTF 1Q!

So who got tokens so far?
Post edited by monaahiru on

Comments

• Options
    amii85amii85 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Drops? There are drops in Gravitar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]$о мaиу тоой$, $о lїттlё тїмё...
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The q drop including no death bonus- 51Q
    next run 2 deaths.. 2Q
    has anyone got any tokens or aura or new costume drops form her?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I brought a DPS in completed without deaths, got 3Q and Aura and completion Perk.

I brought a Healer in completed without deaths, got 18Q and NO Perk for completing the first time. Maybe I did not do enough DPS?

Out of 6 runs I got very little Q and 1 Aura.
  • Options
    scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just completed a Gravitar rampage on a healer. Spent most of the time healing/rezzing and did next to no damage.

I got no reward whatsoever, not even a single Q.

I did get the perk, though.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    scorpagor wrote: »
    Just completed a Gravitar rampage on a healer. Spent most of the time healing/rezzing and did next to no damage.

I got no reward whatsoever, not even a single Q.

I did get the perk, though.

This is something I've complained about..even before the revamp. If you don't do enough dmg on Gravi to make it to the scoreboard, you get nothing! Even if you were healing like crazy, if you don't do enough damage to place on the scoreboard, you get nothing. :mad:

That being said, yes currently Gravitar is giving out tiny amounts of Q as a complete reward. :frown:
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did my first run of the day AND I GO....

488 Q.

Seems broken to me. ;D The people on vent are saying how they have done like 60-75 runs so far and have got nothing yet... Mhm yeah.

edit:

second run for some reason I got two separate drops of 55Q then 288Q... Lol wut.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    I brought a DPS in completed without deaths, got 3Q and Aura and completion Perk.

I brought a Healer in completed without deaths, got 18Q and NO Perk for completing the first time. Maybe I did not do enough DPS?

Out of 6 runs I got very little Q and 1 Aura.

What aura?
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All the Q is now in Sky Carrier. It's not like they would give tons of Q just from couple of missions.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm also seconding the question that Cyrone posed as to what Aura does Gravitar drop?
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm also seconding the question that Cyrone posed as to what Aura does Gravitar drop?

The telepathy one I believe.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the heads-up, folks, passed it on to LordGar.
  • Options
    ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the heads-up, folks, passed it on to LordGar.

*crosses fingers for hotfix*
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ok, that run. I was on the table and got NOTHING.
    no Q no costume, no token nothing

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    aiqa wrote: »
    The telepathy one I believe.

Ooh. Thanks very much! I'll need at least four copies of it then lol.

Psionic Aura. Well I'm glad it got that name...however personally I would have paired it with a mentalist boss...but it can be definitely applied to different situations for usage, even though it is reminiscent of Psionic Reflective Shield power from NPC's.

Glad to see it is in game though :smile:
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have spent 2 hours on playing gravitar now and have a total of 1 Aura, 1 Diamond and 1 Gloves, plus very little Q.

Seems fair enough except for the very little Q part.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    I have spent 2 hours on playing gravitar now and have a total of 1 Aura, 1 Diamond and 1 Gloves, plus very little Q.

Seems fair enough except for the very little Q part.

6h 40 run only few Q here. You are lucky.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    monaahiru wrote: »
    6h 40 run only few Q here. You are lucky.

5 hours, 3 tokens for me. But then I got really unlucky with F&I, I only have one token from that.
    There is a fix on PTS now, and another one for healers coming up, so all will be good. :smile:
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    the so called "Psionic Shield"

the fact is, it drops in gravitar, and doesnt look one bit psionic. it should have a different name.

Flux field or Gravity bubble perhaps. I don't really care if "Psionic" enemies have it, if it still doesn't LOOK psionic...

Seriously. What. The. Hell.

It was first called something like Force Shield Aura on the PTS. Many a player posted that it was more of a psionic aura than Force because of the wobble. Devs changed the name and there was rejoicing.

And now we complain that Psionic isn't a good name.

I swear. We'd complain if they gave each and every one of us $10,000...
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    We'd complain if they gave each and every one of us $10,000...
    I'd get preeeetty drunk 1st.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kallethen sees humanity in action:

It was first called something like Force Shield Aura on the PTS. Many a player posted that it was more of a psionic aura than Force because of the wobble. Devs changed the name and there was rejoicing.

And now we complain that Psionic isn't a good name.

I swear. We'd complain if they gave each and every one of us $10,000...

Hee! It's a message board. Expecting anything resembling a consensus is borderline delusional. :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hee! It's a message board. Expecting anything resembling a consensus is borderline delusional. :biggrin:

However...

I think we can reach a consensus about that quote, right?

On topic, I would love to see others that do not focus on DPS also get credit for the missions. It is not good if 1 or 2 players have to "take one for the team" and get no rewards.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kallethen wrote: »

And now Gradii complains that Psionic isn't a good name.

I swear. Gradii'd complain if they gave each and every one of us $10,000...

Fix'd in the name of accuracy... unless "we" can now be used to denote one person .-.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Fix'd in the name of accuracy... unless "we" can now be used to denote one person .-.

There's always the royal we: "we are/not amused."
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's always the royal we: "we are/not amused."
    I playd the royal wii once, prince Charles plays a cheap bowser in smash bros.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well I am not really seeing any increase in (token) drops.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    the Q increased but I havent got anything else. Mind you, I've only done about 4 runs after the patch.

Hey , I have work to do.... to get the pay... to get the PWE cards..
    that reminds, gotta check this weeks contest

• Options
    edited February 2014
    still nothing but Q, so what exactly is the chance of a drop?
    is anyone getting the tokens or new costumes?

• Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    still nothing but Q, so what exactly is the chance of a drop?
    is anyone getting the tokens or new costumes?

People are gettin meh not. o3o
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did 7 runs last night and only got Zen and Gravitar's pumps. The token drop rate is either abysmally low or broken. It doesn't have to be at the rate of SC, but half a dozen plus runs should net at least 1 token.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    blasphemouswordsblasphemouswords Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I did 7 runs last night and only got Zen and Gravitar's pumps. The token drop rate is either abysmally low or broken. It doesn't have to be at the rate of SC, but half a dozen plus runs should net at least 1 token.

It's just low. SC spoiled everyone in that you got eight loot circles rather than just one.
    You've also barely scratched the surface in playing the RNG. 7 runs is at the very least 18 to 20 minutes. Groups can clear Grav within two minutes and change.

I grinded Grav about two hundred times yesterday (from 1 est to 10 est with a few brief breaks along the way) and didn't get a single token drop until I decided to alt after eighty or so runs.

So yes, the drop rate is low and the RNG can be mean. But half a dozen runs should take at most from twenty to twenty five minutes. I would hazard a guess and say that's shorter than dailies( but I haven't touched those since they first came out). I'll support guaranteed token drops after your fourtieth run or so :D. Maybe thirty.

Happy grinding, y'all.
    edited February 2014
    Nah. Most people don't have the time to do 200 runs a day. I've never been in a group that did Gravitar in 2+ minutes. It took over an hour to do the 7 I did. I picked up 7 tokens in under a dozen runs for SC. The degree of difficulty and time needed seems about the same for Gravitar and SC (from my experience) so I'd support comparable drop rates. There'll be mighty unhappy players if it's childishly easy to pick up all the tokens you need in a dozen runs in one Rampage but needing hundreds of runs for the same number of tokens for a different rampage of the same difficulty.
    It's just low. SC spoiled everyone in that you got eight loot circles rather than just one.
    You've also barely scratched the surface in playing the RNG. 7 runs is at the very least 18 to 20 minutes. Groups can clear Grav within two minutes and change.

I grinded Grav about two hundred times yesterday (from 1 est to 10 est with a few brief breaks along the way) and didn't get a single token drop until I decided to alt after eighty or so runs.

So yes, the drop rate is low and the RNG can be mean. But half a dozen runs should take at most from twenty to twenty five minutes. I would hazard a guess and say that's shorter than dailies( but I haven't touched those since they first came out). I'll support guaranteed token drops after your fourtieth run or so :D. Maybe thirty.

Happy grinding, y'all.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My question is still: Why does anyone care how soon they get this gear?

I look forward to someone who will answer that question directly, rather than evasively :|
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why do I care how quickly I get the new gear? Because it's new and shiny. Plus it does make a noticeable difference on my support character's damage.

Unfortunately because I'm not "hardcore" enough to go through 200+ runs for a single freaking token, my desire to play CO has dwindled to near nil yet once again. So yes, happy grinding/bashing your face against a brick wall to those still actively going for tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    My question is still: Why does anyone care how soon they get this gear?

I look forward to someone who will answer that question directly, rather than evasively :|

I have one hour a night, at most, to play. Some nights, I don't even sit down at that PC. Do the math. I might accumulate enough tokens to buy one piece of gear by the 4th of July if drop rates don't improve. And that's if I manage to devote one hour per night, every night, to grinding CO rampages to the exclusion of all other games.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here's my data, for your comparison:

I got 6 tokens from Gravitar in 65 runs. The average run time was 5 minutes, 48 seconds.

I got 5 tokens in 49 Fire & Ice runs. The average run time was 8 minutes, 27 seconds.

I didn't run stats during Sky Command, but I got 7 tokens in about 20-30 runs. Sky Command runs are about 15 minutes.

So yeah, it's definitely something of a grind. Hopefully the drop rate will be relatively high for Lemurian Invasion considering how long it takes.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    I got 6 tokens from Gravitar in 65 runs. The average run time was 5 minutes, 48 seconds.

I got 5 tokens in 49 Fire & Ice runs. The average run time was 8 minutes, 27 seconds.

That looks like about a 10% drop rate. And I am now going to write it in the Big Book Of Proven Statistics before anyone can say otherwise O3O *scribblescribblescribble*
  • Options
    blasphemouswordsblasphemouswords Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Within that hour of playing time, you could farm Mega
    Destroids in Resistance. Within that hour, maybe more, with smash and currency buffs, you could acquire enough G's to purchase Legion gear.

The advocacy and arguments for a higher drop rate seemingly revolves around the desire to get the new "shinies" faster, like spinnytop asked. If you guys really wanted it that badly, grind it instead of constantly posting about how "unfair" the drop rate is.

The difference between legion and justice isn't that -large-. The set bonuses become almost neglible if you're already min-maxing offense and defense due to DR. And if you're aiming towards dodge or cd reduction, you're already losing out by going for justice gear. The stat bonuses and crit severity aren't that large to warrant that burning desire to get the gear now. I like to think the reasoning between a low drop rate is to maintain a player's desire to continuously log in and play the rampage. If you're a casual player, I can't imagine why you would want a higher end gear when you're barely utilizing it. And when you realize you can't get it within an hour or so of play, you get annoyed ( which is basically what most of these complaints are about, an annoyance with the drop rate because you just can't get it fast enough. Now if you are relatively "hardcore", I can understand the need to min max. Another thing is that I have yet to see anyone who has done a similar amount of farming as I have to make a post about how unfair the drop rate is. Now if more players who have spent countless hours as I have made posts about how unfair the RNG is, I would before willing to agree.
    edited February 2014
    I ran 40+ Fire & Ice and recieved 2 tokens... (I was always on scoreboard)

I ran 40+ SC and recieved 1 token...20+ eye patches etc...

I have done 15+ Gravitar and have recieved 1 token(first trun after patch)

I am a little baffled by the range of RNG, but it does not bother me because I know i will be playing for the near future so it will come eventually.

RNG in this game is a lot better then most in my experience.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The advocacy and arguments for a higher drop rate seemingly revolves around the desire to get the new "shinies" faster, like spinnytop asked. If you guys really wanted it that badly, grind it instead of constantly posting about how "unfair" the drop rate is.

You spent nine hours on a weekday grinding for tokens.

I have a full-time job.

That is the classic Hardcore v Casual dichotomy in a nutshell. It's ages older than Champions Online, and it's a problem because it's about quantity of time, not quality of time.
    If you're a casual player, I can't imagine why you would want a higher end gear when you're barely utilizing it.

"Barely utilizing it"? It's not like we're talking about perishable goods here. If I'm playing, I'm utilizing it. If anything, I want to ensure that the limited time I have to play is time well-spent on challenging content, so why wouldn't I want the best gear for that purpose?

As long as the current drop rate results in hours of work with zero* progress, Justice gear falls squarely on the Hardcore side.

* Don't say "globals" are progress, because AH prices are going to be sky high for the foreseeable future.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    * Don't say "globals" are progress, because AH prices are going to be sky high for the foreseeable future.
    And the factor often ignored in such discussions - some of us are Silver. Even if we wanted to grind out the globals to purchase the stuff on the AH, we can't, because we can't carry more than 250G at a time. When the minimum price on the AH is in the thousands, well, we're just SOL on that, so if we want the gear, we need the tokens. Which have a pretty flipping pitiful drop rate. (Although I've only run Gravy twice this go-round; the first time, she glitched into the ground and nobody could touch her, the second time we won and I got 1500 Q and nothing else.)

It would sure be nice if I had the time to sit here and grind the game out over and over, but while I am at home now, I also have a family to take care of, each and every one of whom is disabled in one fashion or another. Game time is when I can snatch it, usually during hours when I'm supposed to be asleep.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited February 2014

As far as I know it is all bind on pickup, tokens bind to account, and the gear itself bind to character.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    BOP, bugger. No good as prizes then.

• Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2014

It's worth noting, just as a heads-up, that that'll be changing in a future update.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It's worth noting, just as a heads-up, that that'll be changing in a future update.

SC (which we know about from the PTS thread), or the others?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The others ofcourse, their getting 10 Reward Circles also.
  • Options
    grazerrgrazerr Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You spent nine hours on a weekday grinding for tokens.

I have a full-time job.

That is the classic Hardcore v Casual dichotomy in a nutshell. It's ages older than Champions Online, and it's a problem because it's about quantity of time, not quality of time.

Totally agree with ya.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    The others ofcourse, their getting 10 Reward Circles also.

LOL

Oh, you are TOO much!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    amontillado1amontillado1 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I bet they fix the extra loot drops before they fix copying characters into PTS.....

sigh
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I bet they fix the extra loot drops before they fix copying characters into PTS.....

sigh

Unfortunately true, because Cryptic only has full control of in-game issues. The PTS Copy page, on the other hand, is being handled by PWE's home office, which seems to be lacking in urgency.