test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seeking thoughts and advice

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Posts: 185 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Builds and Roles
Recently, I thought I'd try recreating an old pnp Champions character of mine. I expected a challenge, because that character used Multiform, and this game doesn't have it. However, I pressed on.

The character is called Mythos. The premise is that he's a split personality mutant, who takes on the form and powers of various mythological characters, believing he IS them. Among his forms were (are) Horus, Thor, Hercules, Sherlock Holmes, and Achilles.

So, I thought I'd try to build the character here. Horus would use light powers, and Thor would use heavy weapons. Hercules would use might powers, but could use some of the heavy weapons as well, as could Achilles. There's not really anything to simulate Holmes' intelligence, so I expect to use a costume slot only for him.

Now, here's the preliminary build. Tell me what you think, and perhaps offer ideas. I prefer to use Regeneration as my passive, so that's more or less writ in stone. Apart from that, the field is open for ideas. Thanks in advance.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Mythos

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Strength (Secondary)
Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Hero
Level 6: Physical Conditioning
Level 9: Impressive Physique
Level 12: Shrug It Off
Level 15: Paramilitary Training
Level 18: Survival Training
Level 21: Jack of All Trades

Powers:
Level 1: Clobber (Rank 2)
Level 1: Cleave (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Mighty Leap (Crippling Challenge)
Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Vengeance (Rank 2, Redemption Denied)
Level 14: Iniquity (Rank 2, Justice)
Level 17: Expulse (Rank 2)
Level 20: Shockwave (Rank 2)
Level 23: Roomsweeper (Rank 2)
Level 26: Lightning Storm (Rank 2)
Level 29: Brimstone (Rank 2)
Level 32: Enrage
Level 35: Retaliation
Level 38: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Power Flight (Rank 2)
Level 35: Superjump

Specializations:
Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
Constitution: Tough (3/3)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Constitution: Armored (2/2)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1108521
Post edited by colonelmarik on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,823 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Are you planning on tanking in all this character's forms? Or do you want his role changing a bit w/ some of the diff morphs as well?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • colonelmarikcolonelmarik Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I plan on playing in Hybrid in most forms. When he's Achilles, I may go to tanking for the additional durability, and the Horus form will use Seraphim in Support mode.

I always build for durability, and I find Regeneration is the most durable passive in the game. Horus is meant to be a more or less dedicated healer, so I can allow for a switch there. The others will just be tough as blazes with decent dps.

The thing I'm pondering is which powers to take for them, and at what time in the character's life, so he's useful to teams throughout his career. He's L23 now, and doing decently. I've tweaked the build a little here and there since I posted it though. I'll have to repost it at some point.

My plan is to give each "form" three powers (for instance, Thor gets Cleave, Brimstone and Lightning Storm). I don't mind some overlap (eg. both Hercules and Achilles can make use of Cleave), but overall, I want some decent capability for each form.

I'm just seeking opinions and advice. You might toy with the idea yourself, I'm finding it an enjoyable challenge.
    Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

edited February 2014
    If you plan on only tanking w/ Achilles, then assign him his own spell that has Crippling Challenge on it (one that you can't or won't use in other morphs so you don't 'accidentally tank' with them), and maybe tack CS on one of the AoE's he happens to use.

Since I can't put together all the diff concepts you have, what powers did you plan on using for each morph? Then we could run down each and make sure they are fleshed out enough as mini-builds on their own. Could make things easier to manage.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • colonelmarikcolonelmarik Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well... The original plan was:

Horus:
    Vengeance
    Rebuke
    Arcane Healing
    (Seraphim)

Hercules:
    Mighty Leap
    Shockwave
    Roomsweeper

Thor:
    Cleave
    Brimstone
    Lightning Storm

I had figured Hercules could also use Cleave (Herc was famous for his olive club), and Thor could use Mighty Leap.

Of course, I could make other characters using combinations of these powers, such as Achilles, who could also use the heavy weapons powers, or Merlin who could use the healing and arcane powers, lightning and so on.

Anyhow, that was my initial plan. It's a work in progress.

edited March 2014
    Okay, that helps a bit.

Horus looks okay- has a devoted passive, an AoE, and a single target attack/heal, but you may not have room for Arcane Vitality. Ya dun really need Expulse since you have Vengeance's Redemption Denied as a CC option for the healing morphs, and instead ya could pickup an energy unlock like MSA. Another problem for healing is he lacks a toggle that works well.

Thor has too many AoE attacks- I would give him one strong HW single target attack like Annihilate, Eruption (like the lunge, it can proc MSA, but has a cd), or Skewer.

Same thing for Hercules- all AoE. I'd prob replace one of them w/ Haymaker, and maybe replace Shockwave w/ Thunderclap if you pick up MSA.

You also don't necc need Retaliation, if you want more room for powers.

Also, SSing Presence is kinda a waste w/o using an Aura passive, since the additive +heal bonus it grants is greatly diminished past 70. You could replace it w/ Dex for more dps, or Int if you can find room for the MSA energy unlock. I'd also prob pick up Endorphin Rush on Enrage for the HoT, and Stolen Thunder on Lightning Storm if you are keeping it.

Lastly, Vindicator would probably be better for the build than Guardian, I'd find a way to put 3/3 in The Best Defense in Warden, and I'd pick up 2/2 Resilient in Constitution's tree for the extra knock resist.