test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help me to RULE BRITANNIA!........please :-)

themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Power Discussion
I'd like to thank those build gurus who helped me to update Swashbuckler recently......he's definitely a contender now:biggrin:

I'm now looking to update my main toon, Britannia. She's a heavy weapon tank, but I always felt that she wasn't tanky enough......probably because I was sitting on the fence a bit. But now I have decided to go the whole tank route, although I know I am deliberately gimping her because of her theme.

She is a daughter of the Roman Goddess Minerva and has been protecting her island home since the expansion of Rome. She also wields a mighty.........SCEPTRE OF POWER!

Britsceptregrey.jpg

Sooooo, noob builder that I am, I have come up with a build that I think will allow me to be a better tank and still do okay damage (I don't need to do uber-damage, I have resigned myself to focus more on tanking than DPS).

I'm pretty sure that there will be issues with my build, so I would greatly appreciate all you build gurus runnibg your expert eyes over this build. I will attempt to explain any choices I made that you may think is wierd or not needed.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:Britannia

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Strength (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Savage
Level 6: Martial Focus
Level 9: Physical Conditioning
Level 12: Acrobat
Level 15: Covert Ops Training
Level 18: Paramilitary Training
Level 21: Coordinated

Powers:
Level 1: Bludgeon
Level 1: Defiance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Cleave (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
Level 8: Decimate (Restraining Order, Crippling Challenge)
Level 11: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 17: Annihilate (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Brimstone (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
Level 23: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Resurgence
Level 29: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
Level 32: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2)
Level 35: Electric Sheath (Matter ? Energy Union)
Level 38: Inertial Dampening Field

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Exhausting Strikes (2/2)
Protector: Resolute (3/3)
Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Sentry: Precise (2/3)
Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
Sentry: Fortify (2/2)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

PLEASE HELP:confused:
zrdRBy8.png
Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Perhaps something like this?

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 6: Martial Focus
    Level 12: Acrobat
    Level 15: Covert Ops Training
    Level 21: Coordinated

Powers:
    Level 1: Defiance
    Level 20: Brimstone (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Intensity
    Level 38: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)

Travel Powers:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (2/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Thanks for this Dazee:smile:

STR primary with CON secondary is a very powerful combo, grants a lot of defense, and you can just gear for crits.

I get that Dazee, it makes sense. But couldn't I just gear for other things and enjoy the crits that I have through my Dex? (as well as the dodge that comes with it).

also having INT secondary will make you gain a bit more energy from MSA as well as reduce energy costs and cooldowns.

*nods* yup, this was one of my main concerns with the build I posted. I was hoping I could perhaps make my energy problems less with gear.
    the more CON you stack the higher your defense gets, but to hold aggro try stacking at least 200 STR for enrage scaling.

thanks for the info, I will keep this in mind:smile:
    reason I put enrage there not IDF is because tanks generally need to do decent damage in addition to generating aggro to hold the boss's attention well.

I figured as much, I just thought that reducing the damage that enemies do (for the whole team) would be pretty cool and be a nice "Goddess of Protection" kinda thing to do. I also reckoned (perhaps wrongly) that having DEX and STR superstatted would already give me good enough damage.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Defiance can reach its full potential without any ranks; it just takes a bit longer while getting hit. You have a good block, so that can be utilized to make up for that shortcoming.

Probably won't need 2 different AoEs with challenging strikes. In the end, of the two, you'll probably be smashing people up with Cleave a lot more since it does much better damage.

Ranking up defense actives is basically pointless, since their effects are always just temporary, and even R1 is enough to make you virtually invulnerable. The fact you're already quite strong on defense with a good block and IDF compounds that fact.

Speaking of IDF, you're going to be dismal on damage output with this setup due to using it. Already, Heavy Weapons isn't exactly the best performing set out there for single targets, so your ability to really draw attention on a boss and tank will be limited. You already have Sentry aura, so you can still provide extra protection to your allies with any other toggle and still be quite effective in one-on-one combat.

Without good heals for other players, the upper half of the Sentry tree doesn't really get used to its full extent.

Here's a modified build that should probably do well for team tanking; decent enough damage for holding aggro, but a lot of side-focus on fortifying allies and being hardy in general.

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Strength (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Master
    Level 6: Acrobat
    Level 9: Covert Ops Training
    Level 12: Agile
    Level 15: Enduring
    Level 18: Impresario
    Level 21: Quick Recovery

Powers:
    Level 1: Defiance (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Brimstone (Rank 2, Aftershock)
    Level 29: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Form of the Master (Storm's Eye Prana)

Travel Powers:
    Level 35: Athletics

Specializations:
    Constitution: Tough (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Deflection (3/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Sentry: Twist Fate (2/2)
    Sentry: Persevere (2/2)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

You're now CON based. While Strength likely generates more pure defense for you with Juggernaut (as well as probably just being better for Melee tanks in general... uh) Constitution's a lot more varied with its defenses, and goes along really good with Dexterity, what with increased dodges and self-healing through crits. Strength's still kept in the mix for added melee damage.

Your stat makeup is changed appropriately to reflect this. Focus strongly on Dex and Con, as the former will boost your crit (and heal) chances, while the latter is a survivability buff. Talents will boost a bit of Int, and a lot of Rec to further back up your ability to keep going along in battle.

As for power tweaks, Brimstone now takes up a role as backup damage. Full charge it once, have a nice ring of continuous fire damage going on around you. For mobs, you'll be mainly grabbing their attention using your Cleave, which does much higher damage and very well might be your main attack in general situations.
    Your endgame utilities are also altered. While electric sheath is quite good for its damage shield it offers, it really is much better for DPS characters, due to how it scales with energy levels. The defense it offers is fairly insignificant, so you'd probably be better off with pure damage from an active offense. That said, Ego Surge is perfect for this, thanks to that advantage offering you a huuuuge crit chance bonus. You'll be healing a lot while it's active.
    The toggle chosen here was Form of the Master. Unfortunately, the effectiveness of really stacking dodge on a character who doesn't use a dodge based passive is a bit dubious, but even considering that, I believe that dodge chances usually can tend to be a bit higher than crit chances if equipped correctly. Obviously, you'll want to wear gear that's heavy on the dodge to back this up. If you don't mind thematics, just substitute out Defiance with Lightning Reflexes, and Rank 3 it from spare points from your lunge advantage.
    Defiance was kept a rank up, since it was spare points I didn't have any place to really put better. In retrospect, they probably would've been better spent in R2ing resurgence.

The sentry tree specs were further tweaked to favor a more non-healer approach. As simple as it might seem, twist fate's going to help your chances out a lot. If you land enough EB hits, that's a 9% boost to crits and dodge right there. Perservere's actually a good choice, since it's a heal that's completely independent of any Presence effects, and plays directly off your goal of getting hit by bosses/minions.

I just realized that this whole build setup would be 1000x better if I was using faster attacks, but I'm pretty certain that this build can do pretty well.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited February 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    well if you want to use dex and gear for things other than crits, you may want to stack a lot of cost reduction gear, since MSA will give you far less energy without INT.
    as for a goddess of protection, some people have been able to make tanks using AoRP although you'd need to run hybrid and tank in that role due to the fact AoRP is a support passive.
    for a build like that I'd recommend combining high con with high pres, pres for healing and a higher AoRP defense buff and con for more hp.
    I've never really tried making an AoRP tank before though so I wouldn't know how to best set one up.
    IDF DOES have a good synergy with AoRP though.. it turns it into kind of a team Invuln.
    also Con stacking granting defense is from Juggernaut spec in STR tree. so if you want your crits to come more from DEX I'd suggest using STR primary for the tree, and DEX secondary.

That's a lotta food for thought. I am interested in using AoRP, but maybe with another toon. I didn't mean "Goddess of Protection" literally in CO terms, I meant more as a warrior protector type of Goddess really.

Thanks a lot for your input :smile:
    bluhman wrote: »
    Defiance can reach its full potential without any ranks; it just takes a bit longer while getting hit. You have a good block, so that can be utilized to make up for that shortcoming.

Got it...thanks for the Defiance tip Blu.
    Probably won't need 2 different AoEs with challenging strikes. In the end, of the two, you'll probably be smashing people up with Cleave a lot more since it does much better damage.

Yup, I do tend to use cleave most of the time on Brit's current build (not posted), the only reason I also include Brimstone is because that's used in her traditional keybind whilst shouting "Rule Britannia".....it's her 'SHAZAM!'

Ranking up defense actives is basically pointless, since their effects are always just temporary, and even R1 is enough to make you virtually invulnerable. The fact you're already quite strong on defense with a good block and IDF compounds that fact.

Thanks for pointing this out to me too Blu.

Speaking of IDF, you're going to be dismal on damage output with this setup due to using it. Already, Heavy Weapons isn't exactly the best performing set out there for single targets, so your ability to really draw attention on a boss and tank will be limited. You already have Sentry aura, so you can still provide extra protection to your allies with any other toggle and still be quite effective in one-on-one combat.

Without good heals for other players, the upper half of the Sentry tree doesn't really get used to its full extent.

One again, good feedback. Noted.
    Here's a modified build that should probably do well for team tanking; decent enough damage for holding aggro, but a lot of side-focus on fortifying allies and being hardy in general.

Name:

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Strength (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Master
    Level 6: Acrobat
    Level 9: Covert Ops Training
    Level 12: Agile
    Level 15: Enduring
    Level 18: Impresario
    Level 21: Quick Recovery

Powers:
    Level 1: Defiance (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Brimstone (Rank 2, Aftershock)
    Level 29: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Form of the Master (Storm's Eye Prana)

Travel Powers:
    Level 35: Athletics

Specializations:
    Constitution: Tough (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Deflection (3/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Sentry: Twist Fate (2/2)
    Sentry: Persevere (2/2)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

You're now CON based. While Strength likely generates more pure defense for you with Juggernaut (as well as probably just being better for Melee tanks in general... uh) Constitution's a lot more varied with its defenses, and goes along really good with Dexterity, what with increased dodges and self-healing through crits. Strength's still kept in the mix for added melee damage.

Your stat makeup is changed appropriately to reflect this. Focus strongly on Dex and Con, as the former will boost your crit (and heal) chances, while the latter is a survivability buff. Talents will boost a bit of Int, and a lot of Rec to further back up your ability to keep going along in battle.

As for power tweaks, Brimstone now takes up a role as backup damage. Full charge it once, have a nice ring of continuous fire damage going on around you. For mobs, you'll be mainly grabbing their attention using your Cleave, which does much higher damage and very well might be your main attack in general situations.
    Your endgame utilities are also altered. While electric sheath is quite good for its damage shield it offers, it really is much better for DPS characters, due to how it scales with energy levels. The defense it offers is fairly insignificant, so you'd probably be better off with pure damage from an active offense. That said, Ego Surge is perfect for this, thanks to that advantage offering you a huuuuge crit chance bonus. You'll be healing a lot while it's active.
    The toggle chosen here was Form of the Master. Unfortunately, the effectiveness of really stacking dodge on a character who doesn't use a dodge based passive is a bit dubious, but even considering that, I believe that dodge chances usually can tend to be a bit higher than crit chances if equipped correctly. Obviously, you'll want to wear gear that's heavy on the dodge to back this up. If you don't mind thematics, just substitute out Defiance with Lightning Reflexes, and Rank 3 it from spare points from your lunge advantage.
    Defiance was kept a rank up, since it was spare points I didn't have any place to really put better. In retrospect, they probably would've been better spent in R2ing resurgence.

The sentry tree specs were further tweaked to favor a more non-healer approach. As simple as it might seem, twist fate's going to help your chances out a lot. If you land enough EB hits, that's a 9% boost to crits and dodge right there. Perservere's actually a good choice, since it's a heal that's completely independent of any Presence effects, and plays directly off your goal of getting hit by bosses/minions.

I just realized that this whole build setup would be 1000x better if I was using faster attacks, but I'm pretty certain that this build can do pretty well.

Very nice, and thank you very much for the detailed reasoning and explanations Blu. I think that I may just go with Lightning Reflexes......I haven't used an LR tank before and there is no reason why that can't fit thematically.

I know it would be better if I were using better/faster attacks than those in the HW framework, but Britannia's all about her Sceptre of Power.....I created her in the first place after seeing that weapon and she was designed to use it. I also love Captain Britain, Thor and Wonder Woman and she is kind of an amalgam of all three.

That's great that you have also given me a reason to use both of my AoE attacks, as i said before, Brimstone was just wasted in her original build (not posted).

I'm looking forward to trying this out:biggrin:

BritFist.png
    zrdRBy8.png
  • shaenthebrainshaenthebrain Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Great concept! Great costume! (My only critique for the latter is the heels.)

If you don't want to "resign yourself to tanking more than damaging," then maybe take this for a spin:

Super Stats:

Talents:
    Level 6: Mighty
    Level 12: Body and Mind
    Level 15: Healthy Mind
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Negotiator

Powers:
    Level 1: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Enrage
    Level 11: Decimate (Crippling Challenge)
    Level 20: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Conviction
    Level 26: Aggressor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)
    Level 32: Guard
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Nanobot Swarm (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (1/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)

Most of the time, run with Unstoppable slotted, in Melee Damage / "Brawler" role. If survivability becomes an issue, then switch to a second build, in Hybrid or Tank / "Protector" role, with Invulnerability slotted. (Once you have them set up, you can switch between the two builds with the click of a button.) Even in Brawler, the high damage you're dishing out, and the Crippling Challenge / Challenging Strikes, should generate quite a bit of hate, even with the decreased threat from Brawler.

High STR + Enraged stacks, high INT + MSA + lunging, and (in Brawler) decent REC + Unstoppable, should all help you manage energy well enough.

When you hit 40, you can get enough Silver Champion Recognition in under a week from running UNITY missions to buy a set of Heroic Gear, and a few bucks will get you enough Zen to trade for Questionite on the exchange, so you can buy a set of Vigilante Gear. Enough rank 5 mods should drop just from combat and crafting nodes that you shouldn't need to buy any.

Here's how I'd gear him, assuming R5 mods:

Heroic Gloves (+Critical Chance): Gambler's Lucky Gem (+Critical Chance), STR, REC
    Heroic Breastplate (+Defense): Impact Gem (+Defense), CON x2
    Heroic Helm (+Recharge): Impact Gem (+Recharge), INT x2
    Vigilante's Critical Belt (+STR)
    Vigilante's Armored Bracers (+STR)
    Vigilante's Efficient Eyepiece (+STR)

If you find yourself still having energy problems, then switch to the (+Cost Discount) Heroic Helm, slotted with a Gambler's Gem instead.

The crit gear will give you a pretty decent crit chance, even without any DEX, and the specialization trees give you plenty of severity.

That should put your stats around here:

STR 320 (enough to lift and throw the heaviest objects in the game, over 40 energy per Enraged stack)
    CON 180
    INT 175 (over 30 energy per 3 seconds with MSA)
    REC 80 (Equilibrium / Max Energy around 95/120, over 30 energy per knock with Unstoppable)
    edited February 2014
    Great concept! Great costume! (My only critique for the latter is the heels.)

Thanks for the compliment. Regarding the heels...yeah, if those boots had come with the option of flat soles I would have chosen that. But if Wonder Woman can do it, so can Brit! :biggrin:
    If you don't want to "resign yourself to tanking more than damaging," then maybe take this for a spin:

Super Stats:

Talents:
    Level 6: Mighty
    Level 12: Body and Mind
    Level 15: Healthy Mind
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Negotiator

Powers:
    Level 1: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Enrage
    Level 11: Decimate (Crippling Challenge)
    Level 20: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Conviction
    Level 26: Aggressor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)
    Level 32: Guard
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Rank 2, Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Nanobot Swarm (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (1/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)

Most of the time, run with Unstoppable slotted, in Melee Damage / "Brawler" role. If survivability becomes an issue, then switch to a second build, in Hybrid or Tank / "Protector" role, with Invulnerability slotted. (Once you have them set up, you can switch between the two builds with the click of a button.) Even in Brawler, the high damage you're dishing out, and the Crippling Challenge / Challenging Strikes, should generate quite a bit of hate, even with the decreased threat from Brawler.

High STR + Enraged stacks, high INT + MSA + lunging, and (in Brawler) decent REC + Unstoppable, should all help you manage energy well enough.

When you hit 40, you can get enough Silver Champion Recognition in under a week from running UNITY missions to buy a set of Heroic Gear, and a few bucks will get you enough Zen to trade for Questionite on the exchange, so you can buy a set of Vigilante Gear. Enough rank 5 mods should drop just from combat and crafting nodes that you shouldn't need to buy any.

Here's how I'd gear him, assuming R5 mods:

Heroic Gloves (+Critical Chance): Gambler's Lucky Gem (+Critical Chance), STR, REC
    Heroic Breastplate (+Defense): Impact Gem (+Defense), CON x2
    Heroic Helm (+Recharge): Impact Gem (+Recharge), INT x2
    Vigilante's Critical Belt (+STR)
    Vigilante's Armored Bracers (+STR)
    Vigilante's Efficient Eyepiece (+STR)

If you find yourself still having energy problems, then switch to the (+Cost Discount) Heroic Helm, slotted with a Gambler's Gem instead.

The crit gear will give you a pretty decent crit chance, even without any DEX, and the specialization trees give you plenty of severity.

That should put your stats around here:

STR 320 (enough to lift and throw the heaviest objects in the game, over 40 energy per Enraged stack)
    CON 180
    INT 175 (over 30 energy per 3 seconds with MSA)
    REC 80 (Equilibrium / Max Energy around 95/120, over 30 energy per knock with Unstoppable)

Thanks for all the detail here.....looks like a great build and thanks also for the strategies on how to use it and the gearing advice. I've been very lucky to have such great advice and input on this thread:smile:

I have to say though that I can't really use this for Brit. I love using her more for tanking than for damaging. It's her thing. I also need to have Brimstone in her build for thematic reasons.

I am not discounting this build though....it may just suit one of my other toons really well. This thread may have just killed two birds with one stone:biggrin:
    bluhman wrote: »
    .....Here's a modified build that should probably do well for team tanking; decent enough damage for holding aggro, but a lot of side-focus on fortifying allies and being hardy in general..........

Hi again Blu...I was just wondering how you would personally gear for your build...any advice?
    zrdRBy8.png
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Based on the theme of 'heavy weapons tank, protects others' here is my take:

Name: Britannia

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Blade
    Level 6: Prodigy
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina
    Level 15: Accurate
    Level 21: Survival Training

Powers:
    Level 1: Cleave (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Decimate
    Level 8: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Annihilate (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 14: Arc of Ruin (Rank 2, No Quarter, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 17: Brimstone (Rank 2, Aftershock)
    Level 20: Compassion
    Level 23: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 26: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Laser Knight)
    Level 29: Unbreakable
    Level 32: Bionic Shielding (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Empathic Healing (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Redemption

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Flight (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
    Presence: Repurpose (2/3)
    Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Protector: Unrelenting (1/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

Protector > Bulwark, to help you tank in Hybrid.

Aura of Radiant Protection + SS Pre + Sentinel Aura + Compassion = passive defense and heals for you and those around you. The heal aura also helps you get aggro, especially in situations where there's lots of mobs/adds.

As well as the energy coming in from Compassion, Thermal Reverb provides some energy by standing in the flame patch left by Brimstone. TR scales with End so talents are geared towards End.

One mod slot should go towards Strength.

Arc of Ruin provides CS and resist debuff. Cleave for AoE. Annihilate for single target and taunt. Brimstone for energy generating flame patch. Cleave is also used for main attack in situations where you aren't the tank.

BioShielding, a heal and a res allows for a Support Role healer build on switch.
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    While Bionic Shielding is great in theory, I've had difficulties in the past with it not firing off properly or being interrupted during the animation. It's a much clunkier heal compared to other click options out there.
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's due to the longer activation time. But the other click heals either heal only yourself, or only other people, so...