I-I'm...

I'm...

HOOKED ON A FEELIN'.

I wonna watch eet.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Straight up? Looks like a fun-**** movie. Looks like they're going for a Whedon style, hope they can pull it off. I'll admit, I'm even looking forward to the raccoon.
    biffsig.jpg
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm gonna add, my comp-sci teacher way back when loved the 'Hooked on a Feeling' song, so I'm totally expecting them to be all super-happy about it. Especially since they were a comic and movie nerd.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is the type of film where I'd really appreciate you and the COmmunity to review pls.

I'm only 40% confident of this film, that 40% being Rocket Raccoon and I Am Groot.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That looks interesting. It's nice they didn't actually wuss out on Rocket Raccoon or Groot either.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looks fantastic to me!
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    At first I was like "meh, this isn't really grabbing me and those Nova Corps outfits look awful". Then, at around the two minute mark, I caught a glimpse of Ronan the Accuser. I may have to go see this afterall.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    DC wasn't sure if viewers could handle a movie with Wonder Woman as a lead.

Marvel is giving us a raccoon with a machine gun.

I'll be there on opening day. :D
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    DC wasn't sure if viewers could handle a movie with Wonder Woman as a lead.

Marvel is giving us a raccoon with a machine gun.

I'll be there on opening day. :D

That's why Marvel movies > DC movies.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Who are these mooks?

I know Vance Astro, Charlie-27, Yondu, Starhawk and ... some fire-haired girl.

Guess i'm showing my age ... and the fact that I stopped collecting comics about 1990. (It's a sad story)

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • prisoner46664prisoner46664 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Something to look forward to!
    edited February 2014
    warcanch wrote: »
    Who are these mooks?

I know Vance Astro, Charlie-27, Yondu, Starhawk and ... some fire-haired girl.

Guess i'm showing my age ... and the fact that I stopped collecting comics about 1990. (It's a sad story)

These are the new guys. I know, I was little puzzled myself about a year back when I first heard about this film as I remember the original 31st Century team as well.

Strange enough, I was still collecting comics in 2008 and hadn't realized that members of the Infinity Watch had adopted the Guardians name.
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ha! Zoe Saldana wishes she was Gamora. They really need to stop casting people based on name and recognition and just find physically suitable actors for these parts.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Gotta love yahoo news....

Yahoo-GoogleChrome_2014-02-27_05-41-36.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I guess that's why they're called "Motley Fool"...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just came across this poster:

download2.jpeg

That tagline is like a response to fans who had their mind-blown and never expected Marvel to pull off a GotG movie :P
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Dammit critics, stop trying to predict the future with such certainty.
    edited March 2014
    helbjorn wrote: »
    Ha! Zoe Saldana wishes she was Gamora. They really need to stop casting people based on name and recognition and just find physically suitable actors for these parts.

Couldn't agree more. Wish someone would tell Fox this.
    biffsig.jpg
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dunno. The August 1 release date is a tell that Marvel expects it to be a flop. If they were expecting success, they would release it earlier in the summer.

Hollywood usually releases niche or prospective titles in February/March, potential blockbusters in April-July ("Summer"), expected flops in August, Oscar-bait in September-November, more potential blockbusters in November-December ("Holiday"), and more expected flops in January.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think 'finding physically suitable actors' is really small-minded.

It's important to make the character live and breathe, and that isn't limited to 'does this person happen to look exactly like this drawing?'

Look at Hugh Jackman, or Halle Berry-
    Hugh Jackman was WAY too small. But he made it work because of his energy (and hair gel).

Halle Berry failed, IMO, not because she wasn't statuesque, but because the writing and her acting had her come across like 'little sister' rather than 'wise aunt.'

The acting matters.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited March 2014
    Acting matters, yes. But changing characters just for the sake of it really turns me off.
    biffsig.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Too small"? Wolvie was supposed to be 5' 2", and kind of sensitive about his height. If anything, Jackman was too tall.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited March 2014
    zahinder wrote: »

Look at Hugh Jackman, or Halle Berry-
    Hugh Jackman was WAY too small. But he made it work because of his energy (and hair gel).

Don't you mean too tall? Wolverine's 5'3" in the comics whereas Mr. Jackman is a full 6'2".