test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nephts accident.

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Way to keep a stiff upper lip. Stay strong. Really happy to see your post.

All my bravado aside I'm still full of the fear chating to folks here calms me down a bit ^_^ . I'm just glad none of the my pugs where hurt.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    even when she isn't carrying PUG's she's walking them! :biggrin:

Indeed, I do love my pugs :3

Ima gonna go snoozey now, I'm a bit bashed up but alive able to lurk the forums and on the mend. Thanks for the virtual get well soon cards, much better than those ones with bears and bunnies and balloons i seen when i woke up. I almost threw up :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Prayers for you, Nepht. Glad to hear you're already on the mend.
    nepht wrote: »
    Good news is his Smart Car is a right off I hear , that means one of two things either I'm from Krypton or Smart cars are made from Bacofoil.

A little of column A, a little of column B. Smarts have a roll cage that would survive California falling into the ocean, but surrounded by body work that would snap at a sneeze.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2014

A little of column A, a little of column B. Smarts have a roll cage that would survive California falling into the ocean, but surrounded by body work that would snap at a sneeze.

*laughs* I remember someone getting mad at me one time when I told them to buy a real car after they started whining on twitter after posting a picture how their smart car didn't have big enough trunk space for their collectors edition game box of some game. I mean seriously wow.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Get better.

If I were there with you, you could of used my face to block the car. Then again, there probably wouldn't be anything left of the car.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Glad to see you posting, hope you get better soon.

Did yoy at least level up or did that wall ninja the loot and xp?
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I guess I forgot to block.

One silver lining if Mike grows an afro I can pretend I'm Ironside while he pushes me about in my wheelchair for the next few months.

Hahaha.

Terrible stuff to hear, Nepht, but I'm glad you're okay. Well, as okay as you can be after what you went through. You'll be back and committing acts of villainy in no time! :)
    biffsig.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Now that we've heard from you, Nepht, the rage is a bit calmer.

Although it still leaves me hoping that at some point when you're feeling better, you and the "Smart" Car driver run into each other in a dark alley somewhere. And that someone gets video of the occasion, and posts it online.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Get better soon Nepht.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2014
    )(^$, Nepht, I'm glad to hear you're mostly okay. Keep being awesome, all right? That's about as scary as it gets, and I'm really glad to hear you've got tons of support and are still feeling upbeat. Heal fast, eh?

-TrailTurtle
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    only-a-flesh-wound.gif
    So get well soon.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • newplayerguy7newplayerguy7 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I knew vehicles and superheroes (...err villian?) were a bad mix in Champs!

Get well soon Nepht! We're all sending you our prayers and wishes!

(Maybe the Devs can throw in a new Rampage as a bit of therapy for you. 'Road Rampage' where you get to smash as many cars as you can off the streets for vengeance in an allotted time period :biggrin:)
  • bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow, didn't realize that happen to ya Nepht, well you have Kuro's support for a full recovery... and a sledge hammer and a all day pass to the junkyard to smash up cars.
    Glad the pups were unhurt, sad you were. Get well soon.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2014

That roll cage adds a lot of weight to the car and makes them heavier than one might expect them to be.

I was nearly hit by some dimwit driving a little Fortwo in a parking lot on campus years ago. This little piece of crap came zipping out of nowhere and screeched to a halt in the spot I was turning into before I had completed the turn. Barely avoided clipping the corner of my bumper in the process. The driver then got out and didn't even as much as look in my general direction as they walked away. Got me pretty upset. I found another spot to park in, walked back to where the Fortwo was parked and proceeded to vent my frustrations on it by pulling and pushing on it until it was sitting sideways in the parking spot. Thank goodness the moron driver didn't think to turn on the alarm.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OMG Nepht!!!

Quite some time ago my buddy and I were pedestrians hit by a DD (on his way back from the corner 7-11 w/more beer, no less; and he was driving with a revoked license from previous DUIs :mad:). Beat me up pretty good, major concussion, glass in my scalp, broken collar bone, several broken teeth, lots of bruises, cuts, and severe road rash on my arms and legs... My friend (further from the truck) "only" got some broken ribs. I was more clipped by the side of the pick-up truck. I'm told had it been two inches further onto the sidewalk, it've been a direct hit, and I wouldn't be here typing this.

Further, a DD killed my aunt (also a pedestrian) back when I was a child... :frown:

...Suffice to say I have nothing but contempt for people choose to drive under the influence and tons of empathy for your position. I'm relieved to hear you're in a good mood and doing "well". I hope you have a speedy recovery! >hugs<

:redface:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • stjobestjobe Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Get well, crazy person.

And stop hitting Smart cars! It's not good for the car, nor for you!

Ah, dang it. Just get well, ok?
    sorry to herar you got hurt, glad to hear you're stable

get_well3.gif
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I guess I forgot to block.

Don't worry about me guys it takes more than an out his face metrosexual emo prat in a smart car to kill me. I'm up in bed watching cat videos on my tablet while a cute male nurse fluffs my pillow for me. The joys of private health care :3

For those more ghoulish and want to know my injuries : A broken arm, 2 broken legs one being a compound fracture , a punctured lung.... but the worst injury is the Zelda 3DS that was in my bag at the time is shattered into tiny bits U_U"

One silver lining if Mike grows an afro I can pretend I'm Ironside while he pushes me about in my wheelchair for the next few months.

That made me laugh , don't make me laugh its painful at the moment , though on the plus side I have a wheeze like Darth Vader. Thankfully my wonderful face is fine just one tiny cut on my nose.

I might not be in game for a little while so its more time for me to troll the forum and watch that Game of Thrones box set I have never gotten round to watch.

** freaking hell its Monday I thought it was Sunday I've lost a day :/

Okay, first, glad you're okay-ish.

Second, sorry that you're in so much pain.

Third, you, the proclaimed Wolverine fan AND NO REGENERATION? What's with that?

Fourth, allowing your "meatside toon" to be faceplanted by a mere car? Om-nomming concrete! Come on! Rez already!

Fifth, peed on by your dog? Man! Just was NOT your day was it?

Sixth, glad your dog wasn't hurt. Just be glad he was only scared, and not scared s***less. Or your day would have been worse.

Seventh, hope you're pain-managing okay. I used to work on an Ortho/Post surgical floor and I know how difficult that can be, ESPECIALLY with two broken legs.

Question, did they pin back together? Or just casting/splinting you up and letting you heal? Or have they not discussed that with you?
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    all the best Nepht, glad to hear the news isnt worse. take it easy and get well soon.
  • foosnarkfoosnark Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm glad it was a Smart Car and not a Range Rover or something.

Though I'll take this as further evidence that knocks could use a nerf...
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Force of Will does work!

See you soon. Then we can resume harassment of Caliga.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is very sad.

Hope you recover soon Nepht

*carefully given hugs*
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You ma'am, are quite awesome; up and about as if nothing happened. Get well soon, ya hear.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All my bravado aside I'm still full of the fear chating to folks here calms me down a bit ^_^ . I'm just glad none of the my pugs where hurt.

u3u Oh... you're okay......well looks like someone's not getting paid.
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited February 2014
    she lacks spidey sense =P
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hope her recovery goes well, Champion's community wouldn't be the same without her nuttiness :frown:
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Glad to hear you're doing better, Nepht. I've been ambling about these forums for an age and a half, and your posts always make me smile. And seeing you in-game is always a treat, too.
    Speedy recovery to you.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Though to add insult to injury Mr Marv jr took a pee on me while I was out cold

I wonder how long he has been waiting for an opportunity to pee on a cat.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Glad to hear you are sorta okay, Nepht.

:D

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have no idea why the courts are so light on drunk divers, you get caught over the limit you should lose your license right then and there, no ifs, ands, or buts. At that point you've proven that you make poor choices and keeping your butt out of a motor vehicle is in the best interests of everyone else.

Anyways I'd like to send my well wishes to Nephts as well, I've never seen her in game, but I enjoy her posts on the forums. Get well soon.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Get well soon.
    edited February 2014
    See you soon. Then we can resume harassment of Caliga.

Resume? Nobody else here is stopping. In fact, we'll be redoubling our efforts to harass Caliga in Nepht's absence!
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Get better faster

This will be cut from your pay for getting hurt without my permission.

Also I will be visiting that driver that hit you. He broke your leg, and Conquer has a reputation for "an eye for an eye". In this case, 2 of his legs will suffice, along with half of his spine.

In anycase. Drink some orange juice and hurry up.

You have my stamp of approval to rest:

caligastamp.png
  • fookilafookila Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ouch, I thought we have lost you. But you were alright for good.
    Get well, my evil cat goddess friend.
    edited February 2014
    Blame chaelk. She gave me the idea for your new avatar, Nepht:

NephtConeOfShame.jpg?psid=1
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My wife got rear ended by a drunk driver driving without a license. Good times.

(She thankfully had no serious injuries, but still needed a week of recovery)

Frakking drunks.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Have more care with your remaining eight lives, please. And enjoy your narcotics.
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    caligastamp.png
    Ratty give his Caliga stamp of approval as well....of all the cats, in all the world, I like you the most!!

Get well soon!!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Indeed, I do love my pugs :3

Ima gonna go snoozey now, I'm a bit bashed up but alive able to lurk the forums and on the mend. Thanks for the virtual get well soon cards, much better than those ones with bears and bunnies and balloons i seen when i woke up. I almost threw up :I

Holy Batcrap, Hero! :eek:

Turn my back for five and Nepht gets hit by a - well - it's not really a car, is it?

Did that Smart Car have only three wheels? Was Mr Bean driving? I hear Rowan Atkinson is mega-wealthy. You have my permission to sue him, if it come to that.

Okay, so you know how they say laughter is the best medicine. Well, not if your name is Nepht, right? Right now, painkillers are your best medicine, and lots of 'em.

Also, since you are a villain, you enjoy a good moment of torture, don't you? So I'm going to place this link to an Interrogation scene. Just make sure your meds are at their maximum capacity when you watch it. Hitler takes a personal interest in this interrogation, so you know it's got to be good one.

You won't find any bears and bunnies and balloons in this clip, but full disclosure, a single puppet makes an appearance, but he brings a club, so it evens things out a bit.

Hmm... Bears and bunnies and balloons. I'll have to remember that these are your personal Kryptonite should we ever meet in battle. :wink:

Final Warning - Meds are your friends if you are going to check in on these boards and what's posted to them.

Get well soonest. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • riggsmaxriggsmax Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Good luck.
    heal well.
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Holy CRAP, Nepht!

I was REALLY worried rolling through the first few pages of this thread, lotta relief when you posted. I know you're in pain, but wow... Could be a LOT worse. (You may get tired of hearing that sooner or later. :) )

Still. That's WAY too close! *hugs carefully*. Glad you're alive and are GOING to be okay. Glad your dogs are okay!

And I'm on the bandwagon with the others that hope Mr. NOT-SO-SMART Car gets every possible book thrown at him!
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ouch! Get well soon!
  • fookilafookila Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey, you wonders - what if she has a nine live?
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    fookila wrote: »
    Hey, you wonders - what if she has a nine live?

Would that means she would have to requisition a new 9 lives cycle to the Cat Lords when she is on her final life?
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here, have a doodle. Get well soon.
    bandage.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    yes, good roll cage. and plastic body panels. no repainting , just pop out a panel and put a new coloured one in

The tiny Smart micro car boasts a variety of innovative features, including thermoplastic body panels. The panels are made of GE Plastics' Xenoy PC/PBT (polycarbonate/polybutylene terephthalate) resin.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg