edited February 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Actors:

Holy Tri: Pure healer, a celestial
Super Ultra man: Tank guy, a mighty behemoth
Blazyman64: Damage dealer, fire blast user

MegaHe@lz: Another pure healer, arcane
Steel M@n: Another tank guy, a power armor
Furyman2000: Another damage dealer, also a fire blast user

Mr. Commander: A well rounded person with some damage, tough and heals, a gadgeteer

Withering fury: A debuffer who also deals damage using acid powers.

Mr. Raid: A boss

Here goes

Holy Tri: "Healer looking for team, 1000 health per second!"

Holy tri has joined the team

Super Ultra Man: Team forming for Mr. Raid battle, room for four more!

MegaHe@lz: "I'll join you I also heal 1000 health per second!"

MegaHe@lz has joined the team.

Blazyman64: "I'll join you to! I got 2,000 damage/second!"

Blazyman64 has joined the team.

Steel M@n: "I'm a tank can I join you?"

Super Ultra Man: "Sorry I am the tank, we don't need you!"

Steel M@n: "Don't you ahve room for a second one?"

Super Ultra Man: "No sorry I already got two healors and a damage dealer, I need more damage or it'll take to long!"

Mr. Commander: "Hey I'll join you I can heal and do damage!"

Super Ultra Man: "How much damage do you do?"

Mr. Commander: "About 1,200.

Super Ultra man: "Ok.

Mr. Commander has joined the team.

Withering Fury: "I got more damage, I do 1,500!"

Mr. Commander has been kicked from the team.

Withering Fury has joined the team.

Mr. Commander: "What the? Why did you kick me from the team!?"

Super Ultra Man: "You don't do enough damage so I made an executive decision!"

Mr. Commander: "Your joking, right? I can do so much i'm versatile!"

Super Ultra Man: "Your a jack of all trades so your useless, stop wasting my time."

Furyman2000: "Hey I got 2000 damage I am looking for team!"

Withering Fury has been kicked from the team.

FuryMan2000 has joined the team.

Withering Fury: "Um, what the heck?"

Super Ultra Man: "Sorry but your debuffs suck."

Withering Fury: "I decrease damage by 30% though with my attacks and they take 30% more!"

Super Ultra Man: "Sorry but Mr. Raid is immune to debuffs, so your useless to."

Withering Fury: "Know what? Screw you, and this game, i'm going to play some starcraft, at least i'm not waiting around for a team for two hours."

Steel M@n: "I think i'll join you, I'm canceling my subscription here I can't ever get in a team every team always has a tank already. Oh I got a team! Wait, nevermind, they kicked me for another damage because they had a tank!"

Furyman2000: "Thanks for letting me join you, I don't know why people try to make well rounded characters, so useless. Ooooh! We got two healers! And another fire damage build!"

Blazeman64: "Yupe, we are a perfect team!"

Holy Tri: "We sure are!"

MegaHe@lz: "Yeah.."

Super Ultra Man: "Lets begin."

The team goes through the dungean, slaughtering many enemies, each enemy pulled onto super ultra man and doing very low damage, that is healed by the healers. Furyman2000, every other encounter, comments the healers.

"Oh my god you guys are awsome, I never got this far before, most of the time the tank dies because the healers suck but you guys are amazing!"

MegaHe@lz: "Thank you!"

MegaHe@lz: "Hey, I got attacked pull him off me omg I'm going to die!"

Super Ultra Man: "Not anymore!"

Super ultra man attacks the guy, suddenly he just instantly attacks super ultra man, even though MegaHe@lz would die in one hit!

Super Ultra Man: "See? Your fine!"

Mr. Raid: "Hello, I am boss, I am here to beat you guys! Bring it on!"

Super Ultra man attacks.

Mr. Raid: "Wait? What is going on why can't I target the nearly dead healer and the other healer!?"

After an hour of pounding him endlessly.....

Mr Raid has been destroyed.

MegaHe@lz: "We did it!"

Furyman2000: "All praise the healers! We made it, awsome heals guys!"

Blazeman64: "Um, you've been praising the healers constantly this whole time! Doesn't anyone else deserve anything?"

Furyman2000: "Um, ok, thanks for your damage, I guess..."

Super Ultra Man: "Furyman2000 is right these were amazing healers, they are the whole reason we made it!"

Blazeman64: "But you were tanking the guys we'd have died if you didn't do that, you even nearly let MegaHe@lz die on accident and we would have lost then to!"

MegaHe@lz: "Oh Holy Tri would have just resurrected me we were fine!"

Holy Tri: "Yupe, why are you so ungrateful for our super healing?"

Blazeman64: "I'm not but it's like you two are getting all the credit..."

Holy Tri: "Because anyone can play a damage dealer."

Blazeman64 has been kicked from the team.

Blazeman64 in zone: "You know, they were right, this game does suck, I'm moving on."

Super Ultra Man: "Whatever, we still got a few damage dealers to choose from somewhere, I think..."

It takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him. And when the truth is undeniable, you create your own.
Post edited by laughinxan on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, this isn't champions related.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ...wait, where's the Freeform person with Necrullitic Elixir, Eruption and dinosaurs who comes in using the PUG queue and solos the whole thing?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    that's not the point he's trying to make...

There's a point?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    he's making the point that trinity focused play is not the way to go.

But that's not the way it is going.
    try fire and ice with a team all built for hybrid solo effectiveness.

We won.

Repeatedly.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    laughinxan wrote: »
    It was something I couldn't get out of my head so I posted it here. Anyone here who hasn't read the whole thing, I recommend you do so.

Anything else on the 'Recommended for you' list?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You forgot "Captain Blind Nostalgia" The bitter anti-hero who longs for the games of the past and is never happy with the current game they choose to play. Or how about "Toldja-So Titan" The guy who spends the entire time telling you that you're doing it wrong and bringing about your own demise? <giggles>

But seriously, if this is your CO Experience...it's called a friends list. You should invest in it. I don't ever do that "Looking for blah blah blah" junk in zone. Heck, I don't even look for stuff most of the time. I either PUG queue blindly for stuff or when I log in my friends are up to something and they invite me along.

Also, in 98% of this game your scenario is invalid to my gaming experience because we just go into a place and steamroll. There is no,"What do you do?" business. We just DO...cause we're Superheroes. "Captain All Blocks and EB" could be a viable team asset in the majority of this game. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    "Captain All Blocks and EB" could be a viable team asset in the majority of this game. :biggrin:

Lunge-Man has been working his way through Elite Resistance.

It's fun. I feel sticky. :biggrin:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    video proof please?

Can I just link you tokens ingame instead? With my notorious MMO RNG "Cross Luck" the fact that I have 2 of these means I've won more than enough of these to prove that point I think. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    he's making the point that trinity focused play is not the way to go.

try fire and ice with a team all built for hybrid solo effectiveness.

Just soloed frosty from 33% to 0%. Took ages, and holy **** 48 stacks of Berserk, I almost died there a few times.

6/6 would not solo again on hindsight.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    video proof please?

The onus of proof is not his.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I know this player in game. he/she isn't a "captain blind nostalgia" because I've met those and know them when I see them and talk to them.

Laughinxan just wants CO to learn from CoH, but not BE CoH. he wants it to succeed and not fall into the trap of those generic MMOs he made a parody of.

Wow, 98% of the game is soloable by anyone. I am stillw aiting to find out when this game is going the way of CoH. Otherwise, he is Blind Nostalgia. MMOs are about team game play, and hate to break it to you, but even CoH had those requirements for the harder content. So far one whole alert, two if you are really that bad at Gravitar, requires a tank, and only one so far even requires support, you know something the people that prefer to be support players actually have been wanting to do.

The OPs post is nothing but blind nostalgia and demonstrating being upset for no reason other than to be upset because one encounter out of everything in this game, requires some team effort. That is the essence of blind nostalgia, and pretty much living in a vacuum. This game needs more content like that, making teams matter.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Know, again I was just trying to be funny, but city of heroes didn't require tanks nore healers in general, even the incarnate trials could be done without having healers for everything. :).

Some of you people......

Yea once people fully got stocked up on the incarnate powers. I know nostalgia goggles can be thick, but seriously, people had to have specific incarnate powers especially early on. And it's not hard to have a healer in CoH since all you really needed in CoH was several healers with AE heal on auto fire, especially after everyone was decking up their incarnate powers.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You guys take things way to seriously, no wonder the forums are so hostile.

Your jokes are bad and you should feel bad.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    lucasjacksonlucasjackson Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Know, again I was just trying to be funny, but city of heroes didn't require tanks nore healers in general, even the incarnate trials could be done without having healers for everything. :).

Some of you people......

How is this a counterargument? Champions isn't trying to be COX lol. Totally irrelevant.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I wasn't trying to make the perfect joke nore even a good joke, just a joke. So uptight......

'I expected to be called out on my bad joke, and I waited in preparation to call people uptight because of my terrible joke.'

You're gonna kill my liver dawg.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ~a complete load of bull~

This is pretty much the dumbest thing you've posted so far. When are you gonna quit?

Seriously, you think you can just make a string of posts complaining about every little thing and threatening to quit constantly and just suddenly make a "joke" thread and expect us all to not take it as yet more of the same, especially when it looks exactly like yet more of the same? :/
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nah I wasn't sure how anyone would react. It was something that was kinda posted on a whim. But the reactions here....it shows alot and I'm not liking the looks of it :/.

Looks of what?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you don't know....eh, thats not a good sign.

We don't know about the nonsense that you're pretending is real. You created this reaction, own it.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well that just happened.

Cloooosed.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.