test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New zone for Heroes and Villains

wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Suggestions Box
I like the Guantlerym zone in Neverwinter. Completed it once, never played it again. Reason being NW is all about grinds and soloing. Much of the content is a fail towards promoting multiplayer instead of having it as a forced requirement due to gear being locked behind it.

I would like a similar zone for CO, where players can be affiliated to a Heroes or Villains faction. It can be similar to Guantlerym, with each faction given objectives to fulfill to thwart some plan of the other faction complete with 20 man pvp instances (optional phase, with the pvp choice granting better rewards).

Rewards can be the usual resources, Gs, questionite and costume drops, AFs or vendor tradeable tokens. I always like resources as rewards because they feel more optional since they are acquirable through other means and have more uses.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Player villains make no sense currently for this game. so no.

maybe someday when we get more real hero content a villain side can be considered.
    My disagreement to this is yours is waiting for something that's not happening by doing nothing. What I would like is to propose a precedence in order for something to happen.

While we do not have villain play, we already have an alternative leveling route that's really just beating up other supers.

I think Guantlerym's concept can be a good approach, having an objective and skirmish phase. The skirmish can actually bring pvp to a wider audience, a larger number of players averages out between pvp and pve builds as long as there's map wide objectives that favor splitting players across the map instead of the banding of large groups, meaning some strategizing being involved.

Edit: Separate factions also need not have to mean villains per se. Could be one of those mega crossovers where supers take opposing sides.
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Should CO ever develop a zone set in one of Champions Earth's fictional countries, this could be one feature of it. There are several small states that are either unstable, a haven for criminals, and/or under the control of a despot.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    bulgarex wrote: »
    Should CO ever develop a zone set in one of Champions Earth's fictional countries, this could be one feature of it. There are several small states that are either unstable, a haven for criminals, and/or under the control of a despot.

Right, the new zone can be set without need for continuity with vibora bay and therakiel's arc and could open the doors for more of the champions universe.

While the skirmish phase engages players in a climatic 20 man pvp, the objective phase can play out with progressive goals like the adventure packs (even better with the comic panels of the comic series in between goals for storytelling.). It would make it easier to incorporate a more substantial story arc instead the typical zone we have running detached errands for contacts.
  • Options
    ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maybe there can be a story line that offers a morality quandary, where you have to chose between two enemy NPC groups that are equal in power to an area, like when you had to make a choice during the VBC.

Maybe VIPER and Argent could engage in a war to steal each-other's secrets, or Mechanon or Destroyer start up a conflict again. Or PSI/Demon.

Could be a Multifarian conflict too, but that'd probably be too close to City Of's Going Rogue content.
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]