test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post your BEST costumes here!

Comments

• dorinthdorinth Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Armored Torch. Simple, and made with all beginner pieces.

armored_torch.jpgarmored_torch_back.jpg
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Edit: All moved to my costumes thread (see under my signature, below).
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My new and improved Aqua Regina!

AR3.jpg

AR4.jpg

:biggrin:

All of my yes.... o-o
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited October 2016
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    All of my yes.... o-o

Hehe, thank you man.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • platinumshockplatinumshock Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I hope I'm posting in the right thread this time :p

This is an older toon. The costume is rather plain, using mostly Golden Age pieces, but I get a few complements now, and again. Maybe it's her pin-up curves...

Introducing the All-American Sidekick Girl. Her super power? Why, kicks, of course!

sidekickgirl_zpsad857503.jpg
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my New And Improved Aqua Regina!

AR3.jpg

AR4.jpg

:-)

I Love This!!
    Tjim6oX.png
    edited October 2016
    chemk wrote: »
    I Love This!!

Why thank you.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why thank you....do me a favour man...scroll down to post #504 and compare the two colour schemes for me. Which do you prefer? I can't decide:eek:

Comparing the two, Personally, I like the blue (#504) more than the Blue-ish green (the one I posted) . It has a fresher/brighter feel to it.

btw- I love Dr Ink and still have screenshots of him in my folder.

Thank you! :biggrin:
    Tjim6oX.png
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yup. I always like that skin color. :biggrin:

Costume_ZedBrightlander_Sea+Elf_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_347867503.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    chemk wrote: »
    Comparing the two, Personally, I like the blue (#504) more than the Blue-ish green (the one I posted) . It has a fresher/brighter feel to it.

Thanks for having a look...I'm glad you prefer the blue costume as that was my favourite too
    :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Realizing that this is my fourth post or something. Let me know if I'm undesired~</3

Here's Azalea, though. She's a plant:

8fCpquq.png

Here's also Aylin, Lady of the Moon:

IIaF7BA.png
    Fg19fLc.png

Meow.
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • villainessavillainessa Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meeoeoowie wrote: »
    Realizing that this is my fourth post or something. Let me know if I'm undesired~</3

Here's Azalea, though. She's a plant:

8fCpquq.png

I saw Azalea in-game :O That's an awesome design :D
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I saw Azalea in-game :O That's an awesome design :D
    Why thank you very much~!
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well it's been awhile since I posted in here, suppose it's time I show off my newest alt/costume. My attempt to make a battle mage.

fp56b8.jpg

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • tazytazy Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have so many costumes to choose for 'my best' but I always find that in the mass amounts, the original always stands out. 3 of my 4 picks are the first on the char or first in it's style.

Mynos Omen is first up, and it's kinda funny that I consider this his best look. It's completely unrelated to the character himself (Mynos is a mutated Norse man based off Warhammer Marauders, not this critter!). I only came up with the costume when I was told I needed a costume with SG colors for A.R.C. when it was still around. I had no idea what to do with gold and yellow at the time... so I started playing around, and this randomly came to be. I still dont know what this critter would be called. Part lion, part bird, part...stuff? Maybe he's a manticore. All I could figure out was his name. Valfar.
    MynosOmen_zpsf2b0c4f5.png

Next up is my own namesake, Sersay. I think between two Sersay chars now the bulk of costumes is from here. Wasint always that way. For the first year or so I struggled with getting looks I was happy with, looks that felt complete and didint lack in arms or legs or what have you. Then this finally came to be one day, and it clicked for me. I'v been making costumes i'm happy with ever since this one. Sersay is a like Mynos, mutated and based off the Warhammer universe, where she was a Chaos following Witch elf there. She dosint have the standard 6 horns set up in this costume, as the Dr. Ka part takes up one of their slots.
    Sersayswiftblade_zpsf6627ed2.png

I have a particular love for the dark and horror looks with costumes, and Strass is my character to get my horror on. He's not a char with a story or RP traits. Mostly a costume dump. But he sticks to the theme of sci fi horror with grotesque and bloody looks. Doom and Quake has heavy inspiration for my sci fi horror. This is my best costume from him. @crashen helped me with the coloring on this one, back when I wanted to scream at coloring metal.
    Strass_zpsd8c2c263.png

Finally, probobly my favorite out of all of these, including Sersay herself, Exitus! Angel boy in his original outfit! Another costume that came randomly, I had to make alot of edits to get the armor a gold color I was happy with (At the time metal was still infuriating to me.). The character didint come until after the costume this time, and since then i'v carefully played him out as you see him. An angel. Well, human now that he's fallen in his story. Other costumes on him are my crack at creating looks for other known angels (Avoiding the big names like Michael or Gabriel). All costumes on him share a few common things. 1: They must have some form of halo. 2: They must have some form of wings. 3: They cannot use human detailed faces.
    Exitus_zpsc9304223.png
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tazy wrote: »
    Next up is my own namesake, Sersay. I think between two Sersay chars now the bulk of costumes is from here. Wasint always that way. For the first year or so I struggled with getting looks I was happy with, looks that felt complete and didint lack in arms or legs or what have you. Then this finally came to be one day, and it clicked for me. I'v been making costumes i'm happy with ever since this one. Sersay is a like Mynos, mutated and based off the Warhammer universe, where she was a Chaos following Witch elf there. She dosint have the standard 6 horns set up in this costume, as the Dr. Ka part takes up one of their slots.
    Sersayswiftblade_zpsf6627ed2.png

I must say that Sersay is my absolute favorite from the ones you just posted. Everything from the color scheme to the costume piece use reeks creativity.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
    edited October 2016
    zrdRBy8.png
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hahah, oh man, that face is awesome. Good costume overall (especially the use of under-represented colors), but the face really makes it. Nice work!
  • bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tazy wrote: »
    @crashen helped me with the coloring on this one, back when I wanted to scream at coloring metal.

Okay...what's the secret?
    edited February 2014
    Gorgeous costume, themightyzenith.

Yup, no real-looking dog ears. But then we'd need both kinds, wouldn't we? The wolfish, up ears and the floppy, down ears.

That costume looks so good, you could do without the ears. The paw print symbol does the job - IMHO.

Either way, look better that Wildcat from JLU.

Have fun stormin' da Westside! :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Gorgeous costume, themightyzenith.

Yup, no real-looking dog ears. But then we'd need both kinds, wouldn't we? The wolfish, up ears and the floppy, down ears.

That costume looks so good, you could do without the ears. The paw print symbol does the job - IMHO.
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Hahah, oh man, that face is awesome. Good costume overall (especially the use of under-represented colors), but the face really makes it. Nice work!

Thanks for the comments zed and jones :-) Given the lack of dog ears, I may go without the ones I have atm.

If we could have dog ears, I would choose these.........

stray.png
    zrdRBy8.png
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Watchdog is a boss. :3

I was working on a Magical Girl costume a few weeks before I found out about the set, and when I saw the set, I got motivated to finish it. I wish it would have come with some hair styles, though. The collar could use a choker necklace option, too. This body type took some serious slider finangling. I took most of my inspiration from Cure Moonlight and Cure Beat.

I still don't have a build concept for this costume, but Ice Blast Ice shield and Hurricane look good with it. Electric might work too. Celestial looks good, but it's a pain in the butt to play. I get tired of tapping Ice Blast during long fights, too.

CO_MahouShoujo00_zpsf83b5169.png
    edited February 2014
    Watchdog is a boss. :3

I was working on a Magical Girl costume a few weeks before I found out about the set, and when I saw the set, I got motivated to finish it. I wish it would have come with some hair styles, though. The collar could use a choker necklace option, too. This body type took some serious slider finangling. I took most of my inspiration from Cure Moonlight and Cure Beat.

I still don't have a build concept for this costume, but Ice Blast Ice shield and Hurricane look good with it. Electric might work too. Celestial looks good, but it's a pain in the butt to play. I get tired of tapping Ice Blast during long fights, too.

CO_MahouShoujo00_zpsf83b5169.png

O.O... this one is really perfect, I aint even kidding.. 10/10. Lovely colouring, matching parts make the costume flow..

i have no words to describe how magnificent this is..

• akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A few of mine here
    My earliest character, Delta Shot (munitions) and his current default look.
    ed66465e-bb40-4cd3-b5cb-2df450c3135d_zpsae2f9a0d.jpg

My archery character, Arrowmonk, Alternate look
    0555a029-f747-46ac-ab15-f6f5f47d84f6_zps0735867f.jpg

My intergalactic musician/gadgeteer, Interlude, Default look.
    185d2152-a7ad-4ce3-b96d-894e4547ef72_zpsff655a5d.jpg

Teen genius gadgeteering type, BrainChild, Default look.
    6528b4c5-7219-4b8c-baf6-bd54930f4879_zps51fe94c0.jpg
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Tk Blader, Cognit, Default look
    c97ca688-54b3-49b6-85e6-e97c9ccc5b31_zps27e815b8.jpg

Arrowmonk's default look
    3143032e-c83f-4480-b480-0a4627f15a3f_zps1ee72c24.jpg

Ripcleave, a Karkaradon that's part of an aquatic superteam, default look
    44794b75-747a-4e36-be2e-bdfca4017913_zps77feb3a3.jpg

Goldspike, one of them Malvan gladiator types, default look
    8152f9c6-da6d-47d0-a2c4-3c4244d5f5d2_zps57f3e21e.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Well with the introduction of the new rampages, I am sure many are making new costumes so thought I show off these with the new UNTIL helmet and the military coat. (and yes I make animal characters all the time, these outfits can look great on anyone :biggrin: )

Pilot:

j674hy.jpg

Admiral:

2dj81nt.png

"Embrace your dreams"

edited February 2014
    Not entirely a costume but..

i like this new helmet i made :P

dragonhelmet.png

edited February 2014
    Now THAT is what I call a dragon helmet. Well done.

"Embrace your dreams"

• themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Other than the until eyepiece added today (thanks Mr Ratasassin) I havent felt the need to touch this outfit in a long long time - my interplanetary policeman Riot Squad.

TMD_Riot_Appearance.jpg

And his alter ego, Officer Ryan Smith of MCPD which again I am afraid to touch for fear I make it worse.

TMD_Riot_CopRelax.jpg

Still working on his Primus page but feel free to check it out: http://primusdatabase.com/index.php?title=Riot_Squad
  • robothenrirobothenri Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Both costumes look great imo, no change needed :)

Have one to post myself too. This is ROBOSTEIN's latest rig. He was my Bots Mastermind from COH, a battle hardened, military bot from the future. He's now a Pet/PA/Elec and fast becoming my fav character.

Robostein002.jpg

Thought i'd add a little action shot of him too, the thumb links to the fullsize version at DeviantArt.

_robostein__cyberpunk_mmo_photomanip_by_henri_1-d782b8r.jpg

Hope you like :).

My stuff at deviantart
  • tombmaster123tombmaster123 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here is my main: Crook Eternal. I have gotten several compliments on his look.

bh0nd.jpg

Alts I have yet to start. (currently working towards heirloom set)

Vyran

6i6zvn.jpg

Cosmic Crusader

o02oas.jpg

Tokusatsu Man

15clcth.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Other than the until eyepiece added today (thanks Mr Ratasassin) I havent felt the need to touch this outfit in a long long time - my interplanetary policeman Riot Squad.

TMD_Riot_Appearance.jpg

I like both costumes, but this one is terrific. Great colors and part selection.
    edited October 2016
    zrdRBy8.png
  • iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Deathlark

A bit of TF Prime homage.

Problem with making transformer toons is that their color palette is always limited by choice of vehicle.

I have been wanting something like this since I saw Rune's mecha pilot character.
    I hope you are cooler than DC and Marvel and let people copy you :P
    edited March 2014
    I thought I would post my Maasai warrior(ess)......

Nice. That's a well-done and distinctive look.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    iceih03 wrote: »
    I have been wanting something like this since I saw Rune's mecha pilot character.
    I hope you are cooler than DC and Marvel and let people copy you :P

I'm not making any of my costumes exclusive. I don't have costume file for her, though. This armor was reworked when I've had switched to Demonwing.
    edited March 2014
    Some of my newest characters.

Ageton: (Pronounced Ag-eh-ton)

Ageton_zps4dd5b1ca.png

Nykim:

Nykim_zpsd15e7d72.png

(ignore the shade of default blue on the leg accessory. I fixed that and forgot to get a newer screenie)

"Embrace your dreams"

• iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not making any of my costumes exclusive. I don't have costume file for her, though. This armor was reworked when I've had switched to Demonwing.

Thanks, I ll not copy it, but I ll try to take ideas.
    edited March 2014
    Hi guys. Got a few new costumes here to show you, infact one that's a complete character reboot. Hope you like :).

Firstly my latest costume for my Bots/PA/Elec Robot, ROBOSTEIN.

Robostein002-1.jpg

Then a new character, the intergalactic warrior, OBLIVIUS, Heavy Weapon/Elec which in theme is some form of cosmic energy manipulation.

Oblivius.jpg

And finallly for now, my reboot of RED STAR, who was originally just an unarmed martial artist but for a bit of added spice, he's now Supernatural Melee/Might... and blue! :)

RedStar.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

My stuff at deviantart
  • pwcross2pwcross2 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just found this thread and started ghosting through it a little, page by page... So far I'm up to page 7, lol.

Great costumes so far, and I'm sure there are more... but this one I thought was pretty awesome.

With a little palette swapping and some slight refinements... appearance-wise this is signature character material along the lines of Defender and Statesman, better even, IMO. (also ignoring that bit of hair-clipping)

Really great design overall <3
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    Not sure if this is my best but I seem to get most positive feedback on this one

Spirit Star
    spiritstar.jpg
    spiritstarback.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Hello all!

I really enjoy looking at the costumes and ideas of people around here and I just thought of bringing an idea from CoH forums here... a post were we all can share what we consider our best costumes... It would also help to have them all being on one thread so we can compare styles and get inspiration.

So... let's post screenshots of your costumes (doesn't matter if we have seen them before)
    Wow! We've been posting our Best Costumes to this thread for over a year. :smile:

I think it might be time to re-post some of our favs, again, but this time with Auras.

Or do you think we need a new thread for that?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    2urquk0.jpg

I were pretty sure nothing more needs to be done with this costume. Well... That was before UNTIL helmet was released. Now I think it's finally complete.

I can't imagine anything more made with it.
    Unless, one day, we'll be given camo patterns on heavy armor parts. Or vehicle parts as character costumes. :biggrin:
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    2urquk0.jpg

I were pretty sure nothing more needs to be done with this costume. Well... That was before UNTIL helmet was released. Now I think it's finally complete.

I can't imagine anything more made with it.
    Unless, one day, we'll be given camo patterns on heavy armor parts. Or vehicle parts as character costumes. :biggrin:

Brilliant!
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited March 2014
    Hi, thought I'd post my latest character as he's proving to be a lot of fun to play. I've been wanting to try the Force set for a while and tried it with a Light Sword type Jedi blokey but I just couldn't get on with it... but I've always kind of thought repulsors would be well represented by Force.

And so, from the freezing wastes of Siberia... The Mighty 'IRON HAMMER'!

I'm going Force/PA for powers, and I wanted the suits to have a very clunky, Russian built look to them. This is the Mk I and Mk II suits, working on Mk III now... thanks for looking :)

IronHammer001.jpg

IronHammer002.jpg

My stuff at deviantart
    edited March 2014
    I love the Mk. 1. I always have trouble coloring medal, and you've done that well, and picked your glowy spots well, too.
    edited March 2014
    robothenri wrote: »
    IronHammer001.jpg

That's legitimately the coolest-looking power armor I've seen in a long time. Excellent work all the way around.
  • vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I see Iron Hammer yesterday on an alert, with the red and green armor, very cool :smile:
  • tazytazy Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll be posting a topic as a sort of 'Who's who' in the angelic roster carried under all the costumes on Exitus, but here's a sneak peak at Nasargiel for yall.
    Nasargiel - Also Nagrasagiel and Nasargiel, an angel who, with Kipod and Nairyo Sangha, serves as a guardian prince of the upper gate of hell or Gehenna. Nasragiel is often described as possessing a fearsome head of a lion.
    f6951eb3b6debdecbf3b3e5e5968038f_zpse822a40b.png