test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gargantua Alert

vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Suggestions Box
5-man Alert, like the Red Winter, Green Dragon, Hi-Pan alerts.

Make it a three staged alert.

The first stage is timed, and starts in a building where he is trying to commit a robbery. He would have lackeys to hold hostages...and a bomb (or bombs) as a failsafe for his getaway. You would have to save the hostages and diffuse the bombs (a nice mix of the bank missions and museum heist missions)

You complete that stage...and force the confrontation...where he immediately grows in size breaking through the building...so the fight is now outside.

You "defeat" him in that stage...then he grows to his full size.

Then you fight him on top of a building. (the scene would be similar to that in the Whiteout series...where you just see the top of his body) (also very similar to the Ultimate Alliance battle with Goliath)
_________
VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
Post edited by vitalityprime on

Comments

• Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice start. How about you mix in some kind of mad scientist beam that makes him huge...and it hits the heroes too? Then there's a giant 5v1 fight in GODZILLA MODE(we can set it in a place that looks like those bits of MC nobody can get to anyways). Kind of like a reverse Calzulon vs. Miniature Hero. :biggrin:

P.S. When my toon turns Giant-Mode I would prefer they just be titanically large but keep proportions. Please no "Draysha Fatty Mode. :wink:

P.S.S. Litter the field with destructable object buildings with mildly low hp and add a buff which causes a small AE to come from your feet when you step....so the buildings collapse due to your walking.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    Nice start. How about you mix in some kind of mad scientist beam that makes him huge...and it hits the heroes too? Then there's a giant 5v1 fight in GODZILLA MODE(we can set it in a place that looks like those bits of MC nobody can get to anyways). Kind of like a reverse Calzulon vs. Miniature Hero. :biggrin:

P.S. When my toon turns Giant-Mode I would prefer they just be titanically large but keep proportions. Please no "Draysha Fatty Mode. :wink:

P.S.S. Litter the field with destructable object buildings with mildly low hp and add a buff which causes a small AE to come from your feet when you step....so the buildings collapse due to your walking.

Well Gargantua is part of Champions Lore...and he grows in size on his own.

I'm not a fan of the heroes growing in size to battle him.

The idea for him was that his size changing gives a good reason for three different stages...and the setting would be different than what we usually get.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do like this idea.

But don't forget to include Bulldozer cause as you well know: "Everyone wants a piece of the 'Dozer." :biggrin::tongue: (Sorry I had to)

In all seriousness though, this would be a refreshing addition to the custom alert rotation we have.

/Signed.
  • Options
    ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Grow powers? Nahh. We need something futuristic and powerful and really scary. Something cybernetic, with the capability of inhabiting bigger, badder, stronger bodies.

Know what we need, for real? Crazy idea, work with me here:

MECHANON.
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cryptic has proven on multiple occasions, other than lore and such, to be afraid of tackling Mechanon. However, we do have Cryptic North now....
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Zombie Apocalypse Rampage that scales itself depending on how well the participants are doing. The harder and faster they kill the zombies, the more zombies show up, and the more bigger badder zombie monsters show up. End result, no matter who you are, you eventually get overrun... and then you get your loot :3