test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Archer Costume set.... different and lockbox only?

eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
Is this how it is now?, I can't see any other information currently over this announcement which has a new Archer costume set as one of the possible rewards in the new 'Heartstring Lockbox'.

Is it going to be available outside of this lockbox? on the C-store?, or is this how it is now with future costume releases?.

Oh, and as a side-issue (which may or may not bother some) - why is it absolutely nothing like the concept art of the set that was teased way back?. As far as spirit of an archer the concept art nails it! - whereas the Heartstring set appears pretty lacklustre with regards to the individuality of the seperate pieces and overall feel of the costume set in my opinion.

What do you think?

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
Post edited by eastgatewidow on

Comments

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *facepalm*

They've had the Santa outfit in a lockbox. They had the Dino halloween suit in a lockbox.

And yet, we still had costumes released to the C-Store at the same time.

Can we stop it with the stupid accusations like this one?
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been away from Champions-Online for a long while which is why I am asking if this was how costumes are released now.
    I checked the C-Store before posting and cannot see the Archer set at all.

Second point re: it being nothing like the great concept art stands.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love the new costume set, the pieces are really nice. The Cape works for both Neck and back, and there are three quivers that go on the belt. Overall, it is great.

As kallethen stated, they have had costume sets come out in the last few lockboxes, typically with a set that has something to do with the box's theme (except the Sharkfin costume with the Socrates sets, no idea what that was about.)

The nice thing is, the set is one reward, so you get it all at once. It is a nice system and you can sell them in the Auction House. So for some people you don't even have to spend real money.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited February 2014
    I've been away from Champions-Online for a long while which is why I am asking if this was how costumes are released now.
    I checked the C-Store before posting and cannot see the Archer set at all.

The set has a lot too it, which is not greatly advertised in the picture the place in the announcement. It really is a good set.
    edited February 2014
    bwdares wrote: »
    The set has a lot too it, which is not greatly advertised in the picture the place in the announcement. It really is a good set.

Cool, thanks BWdares, I look forward to seeing some pictures of the complete set, hopefully they'll be some pieces which look a little more dashing and medieval(y) akin to the art.

@Mothers_Love
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is this how it is now?, I can't see any other information currently over this announcement which has a new Archer costume set as one of the possible rewards in the new 'Heartstring Lockbox'.

Is it going to be available outside of this lockbox? on the C-store?, or is this how it is now with future costume releases?.

They still release costumes in the old ways. Recently we got the very-well-received Victorian costume set, and the silly Dryad costume set released in the C Store (the latter was released just a couple weeks ago I think).

They also release costumes with each new alert/event thing they do - Cybermind pieces, etc.

And lastly, the lockbox ones. They started (I think) with the Shark costume pieces in one of the lockboxes. These had a low drop rate and they dropped piece by piece. These were not well-received, and so Cryptic made the change to offer entire sets as a single drop, as seen in the Halloween (Dino Suit) and Christmas (Santa) and now the Heartstring set.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Thanks, yes, personally picked up the Victorian set myself as it had some nice pieces for my Victorian-themed gunslinger-toon 'Quintessential'.

@Mothers_Love
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was surprised that this set wasn't in the store and the Dryad set wasn't in the lockbox. But they need to make key sales somehow. Vehicles and laughably legion gear isn't going to cut it anymore.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Be Aware that since the halloween lockbox, each costume set has dropped from the box as a "bind on equip/tradeable" item. meaning those people who open hundreds of boxes will undoubtedly have duplicates which end up for sale in zone or in AH (usually at reasonable prices when you look at dino/santa sets). So you can still obtain these sets without spending a single cent/penny etc.
  • nieaniea Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    granted they need to make sales, but i'm actually a subscriber and STILL have to pay extra to get a lot of the new content. for $15 a month you would think we would actually... you know... GET REGULAR CONTENT UPDATES.
    At this point, my only actual reason for subscribing at all is to have the freeform character creation... which is mostly so that i can have characters the way i want, rather than anything fantastic since all it gets me in most social areas in bullied and insulted.

i'm not paying for keys to get RANDOM stuff, most of which i DON'T WANT, when I'm already shelling out money every month (that's hard to afford anyway). I want costumes, powersets, and HIDEOUT EXPANSIONS; not vehicles none of my characters would ever use.

if some people want to go completely free and are fine with buying keys and getting MOAR VEHIKULZ, then great, have fun, but theres a ton of half finished stuff already in the game (hideouts have multiple rooms that are already there but have no way to access), and subscribers actually are not getting new content for their money.
    (somebody is probably going to comment on the subscriber stipend every month. yup. we get one. it's enough to buy a single costume set if the set is cheap enough. AKA: not much)
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That heart aura is the first thing that has made me want to open lockboxes.

I hope people put in on the AH soon :x
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I find the idea of the costume sets that are a tad more gimmicky/holiday themed (read dino and santa) just fine for a lotterybox drop that you can sell in game, then the other sets for sale in the C store.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    personally i would have really liked if they added more bows, and quivers into the costume stuff
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I agree, but happen to like the new set as much as the concept art. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the concept art make it into the game as well.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay, what's the name of the costume set, so I can keep an eye on the AH?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's a bit funny... I was joking that there was going to be a lockbox for Valentine's Day with a cupid bow in it a while ago. Colour me surprised that they actually did it.

The outfit itself looks really badass. I can't wait to get a hold of it myself. I'm with you in the idea that I don't want to have to trudge through lockboxes to get at it, but I'm sure one or two cheap ones will pop up in the AH during that week.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jonsills wrote: »

Archer Costume Set
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Going around 1500G's.
    And the belt is nicely done. You can add attachments to it. Quivers.... But the consept is great. We need more Belt Attachment stuff. And Belts to attach Attachments.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They started (I think) with the Shark costume pieces

If I recall it was first the Cursed/Scorge parts, then the Rock parts and so forth.

I like they they now have it as a set and not separate.
    edited February 2014
    malvou wrote: »
    If I recall it was first the Cursed/Scorge parts, then the Rock parts and so forth.

I like they they now have it as a set and not separate.

Ah yep, those were the ones in the grab bags.
    biffsig.jpg
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would like to see them divert away from fantasy-type stuff now. Last two sets were something that fits much better in Neverwhatever. Doesn't mean they suck, but I'd like something new now.

We had the Robot Samurai, so I suppose some 'super hero' or maybe even something 'civilian' or even military.

Hell, if there's anything we can do with tights, I'd be cool with a texture/pattern set.

I'd go bonkers for a weapons set.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd like them to explore solid pieces attached to the character that are aura equips, but because the system of how aura sets are sold, I kind of don't want them to anymore.
  • bluecanary99bluecanary99 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would like to see them divert away from fantasy-type stuff now. Last two sets were something that fits much better in Neverwhatever. Doesn't mean they suck, but I'd like something new now.

We had the Robot Samurai, so I suppose some 'super hero' or maybe even something 'civilian' or even military.

Hell, if there's anything we can do with tights, I'd be cool with a texture/pattern set.

The Robot Samurai tights have become my go-to tights for any kind of tech-based hero design. It's perfect for anyone using Power Armor as the base to stack tech-y armor pieces onto, for instance.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Robot Samurai tights have become my go-to tights for any kind of tech-based hero design. It's perfect for anyone using Power Armor as the base to stack tech-y armor pieces onto, for instance.
    My only gripe is the solid color. I wish there were more highlights on them.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The fact the new gear isn't being able to be obtained by lockbox meant they need some reason for people to open lockboxes still.

Pretty clearly PWE asked them to put a bit of effort into the archer set and the new bike with the light on the front. Infact have you noticed how NW had a new released class of the "hunter ranger" who's armour is in the exact same style as the new costume set. The entire thing is to make money for PWE, you just need to understand that.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The fact the new gear isn't being able to be obtained by lockbox meant they need some reason for people to open lockboxes still.

Did they remove the drifter trash requirement from Justice gear?

I don't have a problem with stealing from Neverwinter. They started it.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Pretty clearly PWE asked them to put a bit of effort into the archer set and the new bike with the light on the front. Infact have you noticed how NW had a new released class of the "hunter ranger" who's armour is in the exact same style as the new costume set. The entire thing is to make money for PWE, you just need to understand that.

Yeah but it's cosmetic and frankly the ported skins seem to have been chosen at random. One can make a proper hr costume in NW.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Someone made a practice costume set here and did the final set in NW.....
    The Archer Shirt shirt has 2 colors on it. The 4th color slot is the 'neck slits' color, which looks like it should be open and showing the skin underneath. It just looks unfinished.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Hey now, I happen to like the fantasy stuff. It works for my characters better than something silly like the robotic beast, capes, or more tights patterns.

Speaking of why capes suck:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68ndaZSKa8
    Edna, "NO CAPES!"

Unfortunately powers like Avalanche, Lightning Storm, and Conflagration (especially since Conflagration can't track targets like the other two) suck in comparison to something like Epidemic (or even Strafing Run for that matter which has a burst DPS that puts even Force Cascade to shame).

Bingo! This nailed it. Good job Imp.

PS: The archer set will likely stay cost prohibitive for some weeks, the drop rate on it is quite low to be honest. You'll need to be patient if you want it for cheap. The price seems to have stabilized at 1500g for now, but it will depreciate in cost as time goes on. If you can't be patient, be prepared to pay the "gotta have it now!" prices. That's the market for you.
    edited February 2014
    I would love for them to make a hair pack. We need better hair options.
    edited February 2014

Gotta agree. While I expect some fantasy-themed stuff in a superhero game, I personally think there's too much.
    biffsig.jpg
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Without getting off topic archer set has introduced two additional customizeable sections. I like this idea for more area of the character. I think face and skin need to be seperate from mask and tights.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    scorpagor wrote: »
    That heart aura is the first thing that has made me want to open lockboxes.

I hope people put in on the AH soon :x

I think I have spares of both.
    got 4 costumes from 30 boxes. and 1 aura.

OK MAILED BOTH OF YOU
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Gotta agree. While I expect some fantasy-themed stuff in a superhero game, I personally think there's too much.

I feel like it's quite the opposite; specially in regards to archery weapon skins. Fond of fantasy/mystic bows? Well too bad; it's composite/tech for yooooooouuuuuuuuuuu! The melee ones have a good range.
    edited February 2014
    I feel like it's quite the opposite; specially in regards to archery weapon skins. Fond of fantasy/mystic bows? Well too bad; it's composite/tech for yooooooouuuuuuuuuuu! The melee ones have a good range.

Oh I can definitely agree with that too. The disparity between swords and guns versus bows and claws is way too big.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited February 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    I think I have spares of both.
    got 4 costumes from 30 boxes. and 1 aura.

OK MAILED BOTH OF YOU
    Thanks be to Chaelk, Broadhead joined the ranks of the heroes of Millennium City this evening. Still tweaking the colors - I'll post a pic when I'm satisfied. :smile:

Edit: Okay, I think I can live with this one...

Broadhead_zps2fe19b35.png
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We actually have quite a few hair styles (well, on female toons) it's just that most of them are very similar. I think an update so they look as good as newer hair would help. Not that I would say 'no' to more costume bits.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited February 2014
    I'd like to see more beards that don't look like you stuck your dumb butt in an electric socket.
    biffsig.jpg
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited February 2014
    text

We had Dryad Costume set released.. i think only "event" style costumes will be in boxes ^^

you can come back and complain when they release 3 costumes in a row in boxes wihtout putting some in the store^^

deal?

Hey and if anyone has a set sparei would be hapyp to grab one =) forum name is ingame handle ^^
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They should just make one lockbox and have it drop tokens that you can trade for costume pieces, auras, becomes and vehicles of the past, present and in the future.
    edited February 2014
    I'd like to see more beards that don't look like you stuck your dumb butt in an electric socket.
    Seconded. Can we get some of the beard styles from STO, please? I'd love to use the Riker-style trimmed beard on a couple of my toons.

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    ....you can come back and complain when they release 3 costumes in a row in boxes wihtout putting some in the store....

....or you can just complain about random stuff, as you usually do in most threads, without rhyme nor reason.....deal?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd love to use the Riker-style trimmed beard on a couple of my toons.

sGx39yA.gif

Hey... howyoudoin'?
    ....or you can just complain about random stuff, as you usually do in most threads, without rhyme nor reason.....deal?

britannia go troll someone else you and some other people always picking on me for whatever reason.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    ......troll.........

.....the irony
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They should just make one lockbox and have it drop tokens that you can trade for costume pieces, auras, becomes and vehicles of the past, present and in the future.

Now that's an excellent idea, and as such will never happen, cause.... logic ><
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Let's Have JRPG Clothes now! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm serious btw, I want Futuristic Anime-JRPG clothes
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    Let's Have JRPG Clothes now! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm serious btw, I want Futuristic Anime-JRPG clothes

Eh, I don't know how much of an overall interest there is in a set made entirely of belts, bad hair and angst.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    a set made entirely of belts, bad hair and angst.

The greatest video game ever made thinks you need to be quiet.

ctremix-logo.jpg