test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fudge's Duo Character Contest

fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Sup. Fudgey here again, another contest for peoples weee~

This time, I'm gonna make you peoples work for it. With a costume contest!...Oh, and a bio to go with it. But not just any bio...

You see, you can already taste the love in the air. It's so thick that you can cut it with a chainsaw. SO, to show off your wonderful relationships and teamwork, I'm going to require two!

Basically for this contest, I'm going to want to see two toons (No, you and your left hand don't count.), a duo if you will, and a short biography with them as well. Now, just because the love is in the air does NOT mean you require the toons to be 'RP IN LOVE' or some other crap. They just have to be a duo, be it Batman and Robin style, Captain and Soldier, Beavis and Butt-head, WHATEVER! Long as it's a duo of some sorts, and you got a biography with a bit of detail between them, it'll work for me!

...Now, being that I only found where the PWE cards were hiding at work today, I'm not gonna make it due on the 14th. You guys has, one week! Said week starts at roughly 11:59 PM my time today (In about forty minutes) and will end at roughly 11:59 PM Tuesday, next week.

'But oh great fudge thing, what are our rewards?'

Well, filthy peasant, you and your partner will receive two (2) PWE gift card codes for ten dollars. One for each of you, however, I'll only be sending the code through this forum, so you and your other person will either need to post, or PM me or something.

...I'm probably going to make a contest once a month or something. Cuz I can. But, anyways!

TL;DR without Fudgey's ranting below :

- Take a picture of two toons, played by two different players, that are a pair in some way, be it hero and sidekick or brother and sister.
- Write a short biographical message beneath, a paragraph or two, on who they are and how they are a pair. Did they meet during a solar eclipse while punching Cthulhu in the face, and then decided to save the world as a team? Cool, write it up!
- I'll pick my favourite out of all the entrants, and each person will receive a ten dollar PWE Zen code card.
- Both players will need to post in the forum or send me a PM in order to receive their prize. I'm not handle hunting when online, being that I am lazy.
- This contest starts at 11:59 PM Tuesday, and ends 11:59 PM Tuesday of next week.

Now, go find someone and do some teamwork for some free stuffs bro!
@HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
Post edited by fudgemonsta on

Comments

• r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited February 2014
    - This contest starts at 11:59 PM Tuesday, and ends 11:59 PM Tuesday of next week. ??

can we have date and time of server time? (( Pacific time ))

also the contest is only at the forums? how does only 1 person need to upload a screenshot then or both?
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    centurion%20vs%20ching%20chang%20chong%20REDUX.jpg?psid=1

In 1938, a German scientist built an android, treating it as his own son. Dubbed "the Malleable Man of Science," it was able to alter its size to adapt to different situations. When the military tried to take the machine as a superweapon, he sacrificed his own life to keep it hidden. Decades later, UNTIL uncovered and reactivated it to protect the helpless as: CENTURION!

Recently, it was sent to investigate an ancient Chinese tomb said to house a sleeping dragon. A cult had sought to wake the immortal beast for its own nefarious ends. CENTURION's ability to adjust its dimensions let it navigate the winding labyrinth and defeat the cultists...but not before they roused from slumber the gargantuan called: CHING CHANG CHONG!

What followed was a clash of the titans, as CENTURION grew to its maximal height to take down the towering CHING CHANG CHONG. Nearby evacuated villages were demolished in their brawl, later covered up by Chinese propaganda as urbanization for the Three Gorges Dam. After a long battle, CENTURION threw CHING CHANG CHONG to the moon, ending the fight.

It was then the myth began. The relocated villagers spoke of how they heard a mighty roar in the far distance, saying in archaic Chinese that it "wanted to be left alone," that it had no interest in "this new world." These humble farmers attributed the voice to the heaven and earth, echoing their own feelings of how they, too, have been forced to move with the times.

CENTURION's UNITY handlers knew it was CHING CHANG CHONG who had spoken. However, they wondered, how different was the machine from the monster? Both were sealed away, awakened in an era where they didn't belong. Would CENTURION be better off dormant, sealed away from humanity's cruelty, just as CHING CHANG CHONG had?

Perhaps the one being who understood CENTURION was CHING CHANG CHONG. As he curled up on the soft sands of the moon, he thought of the strange metal friend he just made, whose great strength carried him to this nice, quiet, dark space. Closing his eyes, only he realized it handed him, not defeat, but the greatest gift he could ever dream of: to rest in peace.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    centurion%20vs%20ching%20chang%20chong%20REDUX.jpg?psid=1

That is an awesome image....loved the story too:biggrin:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2014

-something awesome-

I'm picking up an Atomic Robo crossed with Hellboy vibe from this. Very nice.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    6PS4fKX.jpg

Osirion, construct from an age far gone, left on his own unknowing of who or what he really is. Found eons ago by ancient Egyptians, he was refashioned in the image of one of their gods. Time wore on and Osirion was left to witness the fall of those who had found him. Once again on his own he turned his back upon the world and locked himself in a tomb.

Moswen was a girl always on her own. Raised in an Egyptian orphanage, she kept to herself, choosing to spend her days reading about great myths and legends over playing with her peers. She dreamt of better days where she could go on epic adventures and make discoveries into the great mysteries of the past. All grown and finished with college, Moswen gets her big break when she is asked to accompany a well known archeologist on an expedition to a recently uncovered tomb.

One day, as the digging crew was taking a breather, Moswen decides to go exploring in the maze-like pathways of the unearthed tomb. Heading to a section that looked much older than the rest of the discovered tunnels, she reaches what appears to be a burial chamber. The oddly shaped sarcophagus is actually the dust covered form of Osirion. Moswen cleans off a small portion of his body when he opens his eyes and sits up.

Thus begins a rather awkward yet fitting friendship for the two loners. Wanting to keep her discovery a secret from the archeologist and his expedition crew, Moswen waits for the cover of night to guide Osirion outside and away from the digging site. From there they travel on their own, mostly under cover of darkness, and eventually find that together the two can be better together than on their own.

Time passes and Osirion has become protector for Moswen. The two are inseparable as they journey across the desert and to sparse locales around the world. One day they come across the outskirts of town where a rival village is attacking the peaceful inhabitants. Without hesitation, the two run into town, rescuing any survivors while Osirion seeks out and defeats the attackers. As a result, the two now know what they were meant to do... Protect those in need.

Credit for Osirion goes to @wreliq and Moswen to @Aleatha1011
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Howdy peoples. I wonna say both sorry and thanks to those who've participated. As those who have been on the forum recently can tell, I've not exactly been around. Work decided to open up and pour everything on my face, so it's been a hectic week.

But! I did get two responses, and they were both fabulous costumes and designs. Reading the little stories written for both of them, it was honestly a very difficult decision. I'm somewhat glad I only got two, since any more and it would have been an even greater challenge.

After about a half hour in thought after this finished off. (Forums in local time, so it's pretty easy to see when it would have ended your time.)

After much deliberation (And a fudgesicle.) I had to go with Ching Chang Chong and Centurion. Although I love the design of Osirion and Moswen, combined with the expansive story about their work and poking at my enjoyment of the Egyptian ideas, the mix of Godzilla and fairy tail story style of the tomb story combined with the classic B-movie monster fighting giant robots stuck with me the most. Both were thoroughly well done though, and I thank all of you guys for giving this a shot.

If the players of triple C and Centurion could message me on the forum for their prizes, that would be sweet. Otherwise, thanks for coming down folks.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for having the contest and congrats to the winners! I could understand it being a hard choice, shame that others didn't show a bit more interest though... Well I for one look forward to another shot in the future ^.^
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
    edited February 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    Thanks for having the contest and congrats to the winners! I could understand it being a hard choice, shame that others didn't show a bit more interest though... Well I for one look forward to another shot in the future ^.^

You're very likely to have one, probably once a month at least. I can get the cards cheap at work so, works for me!

Now, what I need is an idea for next month. :tongue:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow, thanks again for the contest, Fudge!
    I am looking forward to let my partner the news about this :)
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Aw, and just as i find out about this contest, its over lol. Anyway thanks for the CC fudge, hope to see one again next time heh.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited February 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Aw, and just as i find out about this contest, its over lol. Anyway thanks for the CC fudge, hope to see one again next time heh.

Yeah I know, a bit lame. :redface: Work decides to smack me. Don't worry, next one should definitely be better.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    piglet1.jpg?psid=1

piglet2.jpg?psid=1

piglet3.jpg?psid=1

Thanks to Fudgemonsta for this novel contest, allowing Centurion and Ching to revisit this idea.

Thanks also to Osiron and Bunni, who herself was the Starlet of this comic we made together:

http://co-comics.webs.com/awards.htm

And thanks to Centurion, a repeated CC winner...upon whose coattails I was coasting. :tongue:

Here's the story behind the story, which I think anyone who's been to a Costume Contest would enjoy. It was this great CC in the Powerhouse Theatre, many categories, huge turnout. There was also a category for a Duos there.

I can't remember what specific Duo it was meant for, but both Centurion and I showed up without partners, so we paired up. I had a Magnifier on Ching Chang Chong at the time, so I stood behind him, positioning myself. Then, suddenly...

...Centurion just did that alert-looking-around emote, with Ching looming over him.

And -that- moment was what inspired the comic book cover-style image. It was a clear vision without coordination. Then you know that time when you're just standing there to be judged? That's when we actually did a rough draft of this story.

The cultists mentioned in the story? It's because the Duo in the next square were cultists.

Then the CC hosts said no devices allowed, so I had to shrink Ching and we lost the CC, lol.

This contest let us complete that story and I added this epilogue about the cosmic gift card.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com