test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soooo....about that Lifetime Subscription sale...

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
When is it happening?
:biggrin:
Post edited by captainhunter1 on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    but we only just had one
    20% off at the first anniversary
    what do you think this is ,STO?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It'll be.... a lifetime, before we get the lifetime sale.
  • Options
    otakuboytotakuboyt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    STO seems to have 2 a year
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    otakuboyt wrote: »
    STO seems to have 2 a year

This isn't STO. STO has a lot of things CO doesn't have and is a different game with a different team running it. So it is not a good comparison.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Most of CO's content is having tons of freeform characters. If they sold lifetime to players for cheap they would be less likely to spend money on the game after that.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When a games console starts to fade the price normally comes down to get a boost in the user base.
    Why not with mmo's PWE would make a fast buck and we would have more players in game and on the forums.

I'm getting bored with all your faces U_U
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nepht we all love you but I think it's time you hit the hay. Also, if you insist that you musta gonna havetoo drink that much rum and maybe all the rums, please bring replacement provisions next time.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nepht we all love you but I think it's time you hit the hay. Also, if you insist that you musta gonna havetoo drink that much rum and maybe all the rums, please bring replacement provisions next time.

>_> Nice counter argument you have there shame if something would happen to it.

OH wait sorry it seems to be the ramblings of a mad man :P

No one plays CO the LTS should cost like $99 :D
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hmm.

99 Bucks, 2 slots, full tinting/emanation. Would buy. Also give some of the rum back.

edit: actually 80 bucks for two freeform slots doesn't seem like a bad offer. People interested in lts would still buy for all the good stuff it provides.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hmm.

99 Bucks, 2 slots, full tinting/emanation. Would buy. Also give some of the rum back.

First off the rums mine U__U

Secondly , thats an epic idea / ( o.o) /
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Alright you win your rum. And ty, but your 99 bucks comment was the catalyst so you should get some credit.

Credit. Not rum. Credit.

Okay fine it's gone tomorrow you are totally buying the rum.
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm waiting for one. Anything over $200 is too much for me the though. $199 sale would be great.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Most of CO's content is having tons of freeform characters. If they sold lifetime to players for cheap they would be less likely to spend money on the game after that.

Well in my case, I've been leaching off the game with two Silver characters since the game went Free to Play because $300 for a Lifetime sub is too steep for the state Champs is in right now.

Would they rather me continue to play completely free or grab a quick $199 they will likely never see from me otherwise?

By having a Lifetime sub and opening up more characters to me, I would probably end up spending Zen on top of that to customize/level all of them the way I wanted.

Sounds like win-win for everyone. :smile:
  • Options
    hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yep, I'd buy THAT for.....$199!

:-)
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I might buy a lifetime for $50.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If everyone could buy a lifetime for $50, there wouldn't be a game in the next few months.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Some kind of discount is needed to generate more interest in the game.. I'd love to see a 50% off price tag, but even realistically 200$ is what we'd see, if any kind of sale were to happen.

Of course I still wouldn't be able to afford it, but I'd be super tempted to get that LTS...
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If everyone could buy a lifetime for $50, there wouldn't be a game in the next few months.

If the game was good, there would be.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?