test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uncomfortable Design

13»

Comments

• r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited February 2014
    not everyone can speak perfect english... in my country it called R?CKRAD...
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    not everyone can speak perfect english... in my country it called R?CKRAD...

Your language has question marks in the middle of wor?ds .
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, complaining about colors on a forum really shows backbone. And intestinal fortitude. And character. And gumption.

To be honest, I can't even remember what the old colors were.
    edited February 2014
    Hi spinny, I know your comment was directed against r9xcheese and it's just a little spat between you two, but I'd like to say a little something that's not directed against anyone in particular.

There is a difference between complaining and giving feedback The vast majority of folks who gave their opinions about the sombre look of the new forums have the best interests of the game in mind....and have been verbally attacked for it by a couple of posters for having the sheer audacity of saying they would like brighter, more vibrant colours that are more suited to a comic-book, superhero MMO.

IMO, the image of the forums is important because the forums are a visual medium. I don't really see why those who don't care about the change of colours are against those who think it matters.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's nothing wrong with feedback about how the new color scheme isn't liked, including the opinion of how the look of the forums has to fit the theme of the game. That doesn't mean people should be making up wild, unfounded claims about how it can so drastically drive away players or go as far as killing their mood to actually play the game.
    edited February 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    That doesn't mean people should be making up wild, unfounded claims about how it can so drastically drive away players or go as far as killing their mood to actually play the game.

We know who the kooks are on the forums, they will always come up with bizarre rationales. Not paying attention to them is usually the best tactic.....they want to be quoted and derail threads. Anyway, I've said my piece.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Your language has question marks in the middle of wor?ds .

No, but Cryptic's forum software is screwed up enough to mangle accented Latin alphabet characters while allowing ;ł ღαᾔη℮ґ*?? Ṳηї?◎ḓ℮*т◎ღḟ◎◎ʟℯґ⑂ to pass. So we can have the entire International Phonetic Alphabet, but no typographical quotation marks or umlauts on a lower-case "o".
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited February 2014
    No, but Cryptic's forum software is screwed up enough to mangle accented Latin alphabet characters while allowing ;ł ღαᾔη℮ґ*?? Ṳηї?◎ḓ℮*т◎ღḟ◎◎ʟℯґ⑂ to pass. So we can have the entire International Phonetic Alphabet, but no typographical quotation marks or umlauts on a lower-case "o".

Maybe I should have added ":wink:"
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited February 2014
    Maybe I should have added ":wink:"

I know. Pet peeve of mine, and you gave me the excuse I needed to vent. :biggrin:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited February 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with feedback about how the new color scheme isn't liked, including the opinion of how the look of the forums has to fit the theme of the game. That doesn't mean people should be making up wild, unfounded claims about how it can so drastically drive away players or go as far as killing their mood to actually play the game.

I'm just going to wholesale agree with the qouted above as my response to that other guy.

The conversation especially became silly when the people who were "giving feedback" were giving the feedback that anyone who doesn't complain is somehow a spineless conformist...
    edited February 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    The conversation especially became silly when the people who were "giving feedback" were giving the feedback that anyone who doesn't complain is somehow a spineless conformist...

The problem is that it wasn't "people"...it was the usual suspect. Just one kook.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush, especially not if it touched you-know-who first:wink:
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited February 2014
    The problem is that it wasn't "people"...it was the usual suspect. Just one kook.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush, especially not if it touched you-know-who first:wink:

...well now it's icky :|
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ...well now it's icky :|

Kill it with fire!
    edited February 2014
    Yes, complaining about colors on a forum really shows backbone. And intestinal fortitude. And character. And gumption.

To be honest, I can't even remember what the old colors were.

i get it its hopeless, people in this community will deal with aynthing.. i bet even if they wipe the servers the players are going like:

Yay i deal with it.. years of work for nothing... but okay i like it...
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i get it its hopeless, people in this community will deal with aynthing.. i bet even if they wipe the servers the players are going like:

Yay i deal with it.. years of work for nothing... but okay i like it...

These things are not the same. You didn't put any time or money or anything to invest into the colors of the forums. You're not losing anything by the colors changing.
    51Pl1kHUm4L.jpg

That guy is genius.
    biffsig.jpg
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i get it its hopeless, people in this community will deal with aynthing.

I prefer the new over the old. I guess you can call getting something you like better to be, "dealing with anything," but I'm not sure that really fits.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    r9xchaos sighs at our apathy:

i get it its hopeless, people in this community will deal with aynthing..

Or maybe, just maybe, it's only a mild annoyance of a color change and not that big a deal.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited February 2014
    These things are not the same. You didn't put any time or money or anything to invest into the colors of the forums. You're not losing anything by the colors changing.

That guy is genius.

I know that too but its the general attitude in this community.. except for Auras.. where almost everyone wants the same :D

Ive talked to a bunch of people ingame yesterday about some bugs and changes and a majority of people said that the community dont want to upset the company because they fear that they could drop the game.. and thats why people will deal with almost anything .. not sure if thats true boudn sounds understandable at some point.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Strange enough after a week or two of the new changes, I am used to it now and don't really mind it at all. Even though with the new changes, I felt it was a bit gloomy with grey and black with a shadowy MC and Defender in the background but not anymore. Next problem.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    'Uncomfortable Design? What, like the back of a VW?'
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still not a fan of the colors, but seeing as I still use it (cause it's not like we get a choice in the matter anyways :P) I'll adapt. Still would like to see better color choices for links and the headline and unread stuff imo.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    r9xchaos really shouldn't believe everything they hear:

I know that too but its the general attitude in this community.. except for Auras.. where almost everyone wants the same :D

Ive talked to a bunch of people ingame yesterday about some bugs and changes and a majority of people said that the community dont want to upset the company because they fear that they could drop the game.. and thats why people will deal with almost anything .. not sure if thats true boudn sounds understandable at some point.

No, no, I feel confident in saying that's a load of hooey.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited February 2014
    I suspect we don't hear more complaints because most unhappy people are gone, and the unhappy people who slog on are resigned to things.

I find it silly that this forum lost it's flavor but NW forum is still all D&Dish.

I guess it's our fault for not spending enough money for them to bother with frills, right?

(cryptic likes to blame players)

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited February 2014

Yes, there is the constant lingering fear that PWE will give Champions the Friday Afternoon Press Release, either by shutdown or honest-to-goodness Maintenance Mode.

I don't think we're "putting up with anything" because of that, though. Corporate suits don't care about what goes on in the forums except at the macro level of customer satisfaction. Details are for the producers. As long as the game makes enough money to please the license holders and justify its existence*, play on, playa.

Besides, if players going off in the forums could shut a game down, my snapshow last January would have surely done it. :wink:

* "Enough money to justify its existence" can change at a moment's notice. See also: Paragon Studios, the afternoon of Friday, 31 August 2012.
    zahinder wrote: »
    'Uncomfortable Design? What, like the back of a VW?'

Mallrats reference. Automatic +1. :biggrin:
    edited February 2014
    zahinder wrote: »
    I find it silly that this forum lost it's flavor but NW forum is still all D&Dish.

I guess it's our fault for not spending enough money for them to bother with frills, right?

(cryptic likes to blame players)

Nah, this is a PWE corporate redesign. Everybody's gonna get this look sooner or later, including Neverwinter. For once, we're first in line! For a blandly-inoffensive corporate forum re-skin, mind you. But still, first!
    edited February 2014

I'm going to assume you made that up because it's too ridiculous to be true.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Visited links have turned purple for me. NOT LIKE!
    biffsig.jpg
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Visited links have turned purple for me. NOT LIKE!

I second this. It's hard to read or tell if there's been a new post in a thread. Having the font shrink as well doesn't help.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited February 2014
    the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-test-my-code-but-when-i-do-i-do-it-in-production-b3ead1.jpg

Maybe Cryptic can't afford a style manual.

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love purple as a color, but I'll agree it doesn't look good with the visited links.

I do like seeing the "Back to Game News" button up top leading to the Champions News page on Arcgames rather than the main Arcgames page though. Makes much more sense.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Noticed the purple awhile ago, was wondering what that was for....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And all of a sudden it's now gone.

*gasp* There's a ghost in the machine!!!
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Too bad, purple is one of my favorite colors.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know if they force the arc viewer to one day be the only way to login, i'd personally be mad if they removed the ability to duel box alt accounts.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    i'd personally be mad if they removed the ability to duel box alt accounts.

Not on the same machine I hope.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The banner isn't aligned properly. When I scroll to the right it steps well short of the forums edge, in fact the forums themselves aren't aligned properly. Unless the right side is suppose to have a tacky and amateurish black border.