test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance 2/6 7 am PST (Completed)

dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Super News Network
Heads up Champs! We'll be performing scheduled maintenance tomorrow at 7:00 AM PST. This will simply be a server restart. Estimated downtime is 1-2.5 hours, but could change due to unforeseen circumstances.

Start time: 7 am PST
Estimated duration: 1-2.5 hrs

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1 (7:09 AM PST) Maintenance has begun, hopefully won't take the entire 2.5 hrs. We'll keep everyone posted.
Update 2 (7:33 AM PST) Maintenance is progressing as planned.
Update 3 (8:03 AM PST) Maintenance is ongoing, servers could be back up soon. Thanks for your patience
Update 4 (8:17 AM PST) Maintenance has completed ahead of schedule. Welcome back Champions!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No chance of looking into the Anime Pistols problem? Or making various costume parts in different materials?
  • Options
    ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No chance of looking into the Anime Pistols problem? Or making various costume parts in different materials?

I agree. Heck, we've had a few weeks of server restarts, just -ONE- little bugfix or grammar fix or costume part addition or change would be a world's worth of difference, all things considered. Heck, even fixing a Nemesis System bug would be fantastic.

It's a new year for Champions, with a new North team. Stuff should be done to get people excited and wanting to play the game.
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We got our weekly Costume Set added allready. Let's not get greedy.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is a new team...their trying to not do the same crap the old team did and release stuff that wasen't ready yet..Also this is how Flying labs software was..They took their time to fix and make it bug free before they released it.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    We got our weekly Costume Set added allready. Let's not get greedy.

Don't be surprised if its gone tomorrow. :wink:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Look I don't care how long the new Stuff and Rampages will take until they hit Live, as long as the final result is 100% Polished and Bug free I am ok with this :biggrin:

. . . Also getting new Z store costumes and breaking the Character-Costume creation/combination limitations and Bug Fixes per Maintance are also very nice... eh cryptic? How about allowing Beastial and Monster heads to have access on Hairstyles, Hats, Mouth, Eye, Side Accessories? :biggrin:

or fixing the Victorian Dress which broke for no reason whatsever
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don't be surprised if its gone tomorrow. :wink:

I made my Scarlet Shield and the set alone isn't that great.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    or fixing the Victorian Dress which broke for no reason whatsever

Yeah, this broke during our last patch (third colour is not working now).

TT already said he would pass this along to you guys, Dwight. Can you please look into it?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Look, I hate to be 'that guy' (just kidding, I LOVE it), but out of the past 4 Server Downtimes, all of which were called 'Just resets' by DwightMC, turned out to actually have new stuff (Fire Auras 4 weeks ago, and the Dryad set 2 weeks ago).

Now, I'm not saying it's Dwight's fault (I'm guessing there's just some sort of miscommunication on someone's part), but at this point I'd take these Maintenance Posts with a grain of salt. Plus, with the pattern we've had most recently, one could infer that there will actually be an update from this maintenance.

Of course, this is all speculation itself and it is quite possible that I am completely and utterly wrong. In which case, I have this to say: Hey, I said that
    It is quite possible that I am completely and utterly wrong.
    I mean, it was in the first sentence of this same paragraph. Jeez, guys. Lighten up and learn the facts. The facts of life. Of course, you'll learn that the Facts of Life are all about You, but that's besides the point.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited February 2014
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    Look, I hate to be 'that guy' (just kidding, I LOVE it), but out of the past 4 Server Downtimes, all of which were called 'Just resets' by DwightMC, turned out to actually have new stuff (Fire Auras 4 weeks ago, and the Dryad set 2 weeks ago).

Now, I'm not saying it's Dwight's fault (I'm guessing there's just some sort of miscommunication on someone's part), but at this point I'd take these Maintenance Posts with a grain of salt. Plus, with the pattern we've had most recently, one could infer that there will actually be an update from this maintenance.

It has already been stated that when there are additions to the C-Store, there will be no patch notes concerning those.

I think what people are really wanting to see are bug fixes, even just a small amount each time.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    where is this set, I cannot find it anywhere.

Under tights and partial mask.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, this broke during our last patch (third colour is not working now).

TT already said he would pass this along to you guys, Dwight. Can you please look into it?

I'll definitely bring this up again. I sent this over to TT and the devs last week and included the screenshots. Hopefully we'll have some word on it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ninjapiff wrote: »

Of course, this is all speculation itself and it is quite possible that I am completely and utterly wrong. In which case, I have this to say: Hey, I said that I mean, it was in the first sentence of this same paragraph. Jeez, guys. Lighten up and learn the facts. The facts of life. Of course, you'll learn that the Facts of Life are all about You, but that's besides the point.

Sorry for any confusion that this may have caused. The additions of C-Store new items or discounts usually don't warrant any special patch notes. But we always try to make sure to announce the addition of new items via our blog and the forums. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    I'll definitely bring this up again. I sent this over to TT and the devs last week and included the screenshots. Hopefully we'll have some word on it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No need to apologise, man......thanks:smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Under tights and partial mask.

Is this just a male only set? I don't recall running across it on my female characters...
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    Is this just a male only set? I don't recall running across it on my female characters...

Must be Bunni, I never actually checked on my female toons.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I made my Scarlet Shield and the set alone isn't that great.

I seem to recall a post warning that it those Scarlet Shield pieces weren't meant to hit our tailors so we shouldn't rely on having them.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »

It would make sense because Scarlet Shield in the Champions Universe was male. (and I confirmed it when I tried to make a dress on one of my female toons and wasn't available but all my males had it)

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    kirsroskirsros Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How about a possibility of looking into Overdrive and figuring out why it only works with some of the maintain powers?