test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Bolt and Targeting Computer Interactions

thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Gameplay Bugs
I have been running a test with a technology themed character and have made a discovery. Targeting Computer is not treating Power Bolts as a Technology Tree Power despite it being a Power Armor Energy Builder.

And before you say the Energy Builders do not trigger Targeting Computer, I have to say that is False through my testing, Strafe (Archery) triggers Targeting Computer, Both Sonic Blaster and Particle Rifle (Gadgeteering) trigger Targeting Computer, Both Steady Shot and Gunslinger (Munitions) trigger Targeting Computer and Wrist Bolters (Power Armor) triggers Targeting Computer. However Power Bolts (Power Armor) does not trigger the Lock On effect and is not boosted by it.

It is easy to replicate these results. Simply take the stated Energy Builders (one of the T1 Power Armor powers to meet the requirement to get Targeting Computer) then go find a target and shoot it with the Energy Builder. The Targeting Reticule indicating the Lock On effect has begun will trigger on all Ranged Technology Energy Builders except Power Bolts.

Bug Report Ticket # 2,291,366.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Power Bolts is the, newer EB for Power Armour right?

Probably just forgot to set it to count, an oversight. I'm betting some of the other technology tree attacks that are newer don't trigger it as well.

Targeting Computer just, needs an update really.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Power Bolts is the, newer EB for Power Armour right?

Probably just forgot to set it to count, an oversight. I'm betting some of the other technology tree attacks that are newer don't trigger it as well.

Targeting Computer just, needs an update really.

actually tested that and of the newer powers so far that I've managed to test Plasma Beam triggers Targeting Computer....going to check the boomerangs and grapple gun as well...but so far every other Technology tree attack including most of the newer ones I've tried all work.

EDIT: after Testing the following powers also failed to trigger Targeting Computer.

Boomerang Toss (Gadgeteering Energy Builder)
    Ricochet Throw (When Fully Charged) It applies on a tap however not on a charge.
    Grapple Gun Pull
    Bolas
    Strafing Run (probably due to the power spawning an invisible pet and its the pet actually doing the damage)
    Gas Pellets (Same as with Strafing Run and so am not worried about it.)

Throwing Blades and Fire All Weapons however did trigger the Targeting Computer...however Throwing Blades began triggering the Lock On sequence before Damage was dealt.
    I'm betting that Boomerang Toss and Power Bolts are still being seen by Targeting Computer as Force Bolts, the power they were modeled after.