test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hey, Cryptic(North)!

flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
I got this young inventor dude character who invents all kinds of stuff, but can't craft none of them.
He has a great idea about Gun Drones, those lil bots that hover and shoot stuff.
And a robot factory! A lil factory that makes robots! How awesome is that!
He is also has some nice ideas about different kind of grenades. And guns and sharp pointy objects. And hammers.
But he just can't make this stuff.
And then theres this old guy, inventor also, who has all kinds of guns and drones and things that go BOOM! in his secret stash. But he can't sell them to anyone. Can't even donate them for free.
I know some of you can pick up the point in this post.
Let's join in the CRAFTING REVOLUTION!!!
CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
And playing by myself since Aug 2009
Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Methinks the only reason our old crafting system was removed and replaced with the mod fusing system is because the game's "technical limitations" force us to have either one system or the other.

If that's the case then I'm all for getting rid of the fusing system and going back to actually making stuff on the crafting tables. However, given that the old crafted costume pieces are in the Drifter store(more or less), the old crafted healing devices are on the reputation vendors, power replacers in general were given the axe and facsimiles of the crafted travel powers are in the Q store, I can't see CN rectifying this particular mistake made by the prior team.

/signed anyway because why the heck not
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Methinks the only reason our old crafting system was removed and replaced with the mod fusing system is because the game's "technical limitations" force us to have either one system or the other.

If that's the case then I'm all for getting rid of the fusing system and going back to actually making stuff on the crafting tables. However, given that the old crafted costume pieces are in the Drifter store(more or less), the old crafted healing devices are on the reputation vendors, power replacers in general were given the axe and facsimiles of the crafted travel powers are in the Q store, I can't see CN rectifying this particular mistake made by the prior team.

/signed anyway because why the heck not

Hmmm... take items you now have to pay for in favour of restoring them back to their free state? Nah... neve rgonna happen. You'd have better luck convincing them to take away even more old content and repackage it into a very expensive set
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wouldn't mind depositing vendor trash items instead of for a resource sum, for devices of the old crafting system.

Or maybe put those devices in the recog stores.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    skcark wrote: »
    Hmmm... take items you now have to pay for in favour of restoring them back to their free state? Nah... neve rgonna happen. You'd have better luck convincing them to take away even more old content and repackage it into a very expensive set

But you don't even pay money for the once crafted items. Like Gun Drones or guns or grenades or Lemurian Idols and stuff. Some you get as drops and some you dont.
    Whole point is right there.
    And, yea i know. We won't be crafting nothing in the future.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    yes I remember the previous crafting syste.
    I remember even more all the people who told me not to bother levelling it. You could only get junk. Gear was no good, costume unlocks were crap, etc

I levelled all 3 to 400 and was in with the final week, CTP component gathering frenzy
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Most of the gear was very, "meh." Some of the better gear was the ones that you could choose which stats. I'm not sure how good or not the costume unlocks were, I don't think I really got any of them. Crafting required lots of farming for little benefit, if you ask me.

The BIG items was the crafted travel powers. But oh my GOD, did those require lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of both farming for components and farming for G's. It was along the lines of:
    1. Collect 100 of X component
    2. Collect 100 of Y component
    3. Purchase 20 of Z component from vendor
    4. Craft all of X plus half of Z into 10 XZ component.
    5. Craft all of Y and half of Z into 10 YZ component
    6. Purchase 1 expensive W component.
    7. Craft all of XZ and all of YZ and the 1 W into WXYZ component
    8. Repeat steps 1 through 7 one hundred times.
    9. Purchase/collect 10 of expensive and rare A component.
    10. Combine all of WXYZ and A into the crafted travel power.

And that was for the rank 1...

The higher ranks had even more levels of collect and combine lower level ingredients into higher level ingredients.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing crafting come back, but only if it's more like NW's crafting.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I got this young inventor dude character who invents all kinds of stuff, but can't craft none of them.

And a robot factory! A lil factory that makes robots! How awesome is that!

I know some of you can pick up the point in this post.

My inventor has a factory that makes robots, why doesn't yours? :cool:

I got it and I support this post. Make it so! (oops, wrong game)

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rRight so you know that slot in the fusing UI where you put catylists and safeguards? What if they made special drops that go into that slot, and then you can fuse mods into the things Finn was talking about.

Like... "Big Butt Robot Sprocket"..farmed from robot type NPCs ... if you have 5 of them, you can then use them up along with X number of mods of any type to create like a... robot pet thing or whatever, with a limited number of uses. The level of the mods fused would determine like... the number of charges, or the power of it... or.. you know whatever, something.

You could even make it so that if you fuse 5 "Big Butt Robot Sprockets" then it turns into a "Robotic Butt Assembly", and then 5 of those can be turned into a cooler device that like spawns robots or whatever... you know, all that crazy stuff Finn was rambling about.

Use the fusing system since it's already there. I know I have a bunch of mod types that I generally don't use that I would like to put to some sort of good use.
  • Options
    arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support the idea of a new crating revamp because many of us know our "improved" crafting system was live R&D for Neverwinter's enchantment fusing system. Which actually got a revamp of it's own recently. I miss making little things to hand to alts. I do not necessarily miss the crafter travel powers, no matter how many times I made them.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    rRight so you know that slot in the fusing UI where you put catylists and safeguards? What if they made special drops that go into that slot, and then you can fuse mods into the things Finn was talking about.

Like... "Big Butt Robot Sprocket"..farmed from robot type NPCs ... if you have 5 of them, you can then use them up along with X number of mods of any type to create like a... robot pet thing or whatever, with a limited number of uses. The level of the mods fused would determine like... the number of charges, or the power of it... or.. you know whatever, something.

You could even make it so that if you fuse 5 "Big Butt Robot Sprockets" then it turns into a "Robotic Butt Assembly", and then 5 of those can be turned into a cooler device that like spawns robots or whatever... you know, all that crazy stuff Finn was rambling about.

Foxi, for once I think you might have just have come up with a good idea.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We've seen stat mods. We've seen core mods.

Now we need effect mods. Uranium and Dragon Eye mods is a good start. And putting them on mobs throughout the game would be fantastic.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We've seen stat mods. We've seen core mods.

Now we need effect mods. Uranium and Dragon Eye mods is a good start. And putting them on mobs throughout the game would be fantastic.

I want my stupidly OP "Endurance on kill" effects back :<
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think a well written/presented version of Neverwinter's system would work great.

But it's work I can't imagine them bothering with.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zahinder wrote: »
    I think a well written/presented version of Neverwinter's system would work great.

But it's work I can't imagine them bothering with.

They mentioned a while ago wanting to do something like this as a sidekick system. Memory about it is hazy though.
    biffsig.jpg