test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Supergroup without gratuitous ERP

kittyotixkittyotix Posts: 55 Arc User
Hello all,
Just a quick request. I am looking for a supergroup for my newest toon, Lily who has quite a complicated backstory. I really want to develop her but I was hoping to rp some missions, adventure packs etc. Now, all the SGs that are currently recruiting seem to be ones like 'Rogue Entertainment' or whatever they are called, and I dont see many of them rping anything other than naughtiness. Are there any GOOD SGs that rp missions and such?
Thanks
Em
Post edited by kittyotix on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah, yeah. Caprice is, a bit of a minefield (HA) when it comes to finding a SG.

Well, I can suggest two off the top of my head. There's the Silver Age Sentinels, I'm not a part of the group but I've heard a lot of good things about them. Try giving them a shout. I'd also suggest the Ultimate Guardians, they're actually my primary RP SG.

Just some suggestions for ya, feel free to take a look.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We at the Blackwatch are not all about ERP, sure there are people who do it, but that is in the privacy of their own hideouts. We don't regularly RP mission and Comic Series, but we have in the past. We have weekly events, the one I created is Vile Villain Vednsday! We'll have other events and such through out the months.

I have heard great things about the SAS and UG, so they are great options as well.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I also suggest joining the CORP (Champs Online RP) channel in game if you haven't already. In there are many players, both in SGs and not, that RP events as well as socialize.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • kittyotixkittyotix Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks all, I will try all those options. I have been desperate for good rp ever since CoX closed. Ive not really found it here unfortunately, as its very CC centric and, well...lets just say CC is a little 'messy' at times and although I dont have anything against ERP as such, it would be nice to actually rp with people that care about stories and character development, and not with people that just want a thrill from my latex fetishist thief :)
    (sorry its late and im knackered, so I am ranting /' waffling a bit, but I hope you all get my drift :) )
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah i know how you feel about this in CC. I have my own sg that goes into CC to rp but we get tired of all that and anoyed with alot of the things that go on in there. But we have gotten some other places for a few rp hubs. But still like i tell most folks try to ignore the crap you see In cc you will be fine..
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey there, I'm the guild leader of the Silver Age Sentinels, and I can assure you that much like the Blackwatch Defenders and our esteemed allies in the Ultimate Guardians, we don't "ban" ERP or anything but we aren't about it by any stretch.

Just a warning note however, my group is actually a multiple super group coalition of teams each with a slightly different theme* arranged specifically so we can have all kinds of neat differently themed characters interacting with one another as well as within their own teams, but we aren't a "Heavy" Role-playing group as most RPers tend to prefer it, we're "Lite RP" and casual player focused, and tend to roll easy and fun more then plumb character depths, although plenty of that stuff does go on more privately.

If our themes sound interesting please hit the link in my sig and check out our website, you may like what you see.

And I *LOVE* Role-playing in missions and such. One of my favorite things to do.

*Think Avengers -Justice League in main team / Teen Titans - New Warriors - New Mutants in second team / Shield or Stormwatch in third team. We actually tend towards seventies and early eighties Bronze Age Comics style in most of our character themes and plots, in terms of maturity.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kittyotix, I suggest checking out the website for CORP, the Champions Online Roleplayers community: http://championsonlineroleplayers.shivtr.com/ . Their focus is on developing collaborative roleplaying within the game, building characters with fleshed-out backgrounds, hosting events, and generally assisting CO players who want a deeper and more coherent roleplaying experience.