test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Costume a Day 2014

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let's see what I can do to help out our Redshirted friend.

redshirtinspace-001.jpg

Hmm... Not one Phaser on that wall. :mad:

redshirtinspace-002.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bluhman wrote: »
    January 25th - Daft-A-Dill
    vzDKeF7.png
    (Costume File)

HeyBluh, what parts did you use to get that face? Its looks Awesome XD
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »

Not him, but you change the face to Noseless (not required, but I do it anyway), Ape Hairless to remove the sheen, switch eyes to Swirl/smiley/reticle/pupil only and color them the deepest black, stick on the flower head, and then put on Goggles Large Up for the Eye Accessory. The goggles and dark face are a great way to make big mouthed monsters.

Here's a close up on the flower head.

Flower.png
    edited January 2014

Everything is there. Just download it and take a look. :smile:

I'm a little annoyed at this because the next costume I was thinking of posting uses one of these "tricks." Actually, I use one Bluh used and another different one and she is called Robot Surprise. Because she looks surprised. And up. I think her neck is stuck that way.

{ shrugs }
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    vizzone wrote: »
    Not him, but you change the face to Noseless (not required, but I do it anyway), Ape Hairless to remove the sheen, switch eyes to Swirl/smiley/reticle/pupil only and color them the deepest black, stick on the flower head, and then put on Goggles Large Up for the Eye Accessory. The goggles and dark face are a great way to make big mouthed monsters.

Here's a close up on the flower head.

Flower.png

Ahh I see now, without the colours that actually looks quite horrifying. lol I might consider buying the dryad set when I get the chance, I have a few ideas for costumes already. Thanks for the help, Vizzone! :biggrin:
    Everything is there. Just download it and take a look. :smile:

I'm a little annoyed at this because the next costume I was thinking of posting uses one of these "tricks." Actually, I use one Bluh used and another different one and she is called Robot Surprise. Because she looks surprised. And up. I think her neck is stuck that way.

{ shrugs }

I'll have to have a closer look at it when I get my computer back.And I'm pretty sure u can use the same tricks as bluh, just give him credit I guess so you don't end up 'stealing' ideas.

edited January 2014
    Ahh I see now, without the colours that actually looks white horrifying. lol I might consider buying the dryad set when I get the chance, I have a few ideas for costumes already. Thanks for the help, Vizzone! :biggrin:

I'll have to have a closer look at it when I get my computer back.And I'm pretty sure u can use the same tricks as bluh, just give him credit I guess so you don't end up 'stealing' ideas.

Oh, I'm not annoyed at Bluhman, just that fate/coincidence can be a cruel mistress. I was working on that costume earlier that day - a moment of inspiration thing - and Bluh happens to post.

That said, playing with Bluh's creation, I conjured this silly thing...

Costume_ZedBrightlander_Orkiss_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_444288062.jpg

I also have one with the goggles up for a more distinct and unusual look.

Costume_ZedBrightlander_Orkiss+-up_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_444329809.jpg

Which do you guys like better?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ORKO! I like the glasses down.
    You could also alter that easily to resemble a black mage from the Final Fantasy continuity.
    Tjim6oX.png
    edited January 2014
    chemk wrote: »
    ORKO! I like the glasses down.
    You could also alter that easily to resemble a black mage from the Final Fantasy continuity.

Can't be Orko. In a word - breasts. Does he have a sister? :wink:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    29th January 2014
    UNTIL Pilot

(requires Iron Age, Retro Sci-Fi, Patterned Armor sets)

UNTILPilot.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_UNTILPilot_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_444336708.jpg

Not much to say about this one to be honest. This is an UNTIL-themed version of a pilot uniform I made for a character that had just got a VTOL jet to buzz around in.
    edited January 2014
    This is a great looking everyday hero. :smile:

Edit - D'oh! This comment was meant for bobsy26. I just realized that I didn't click the quote button.

Once again D'OH!
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't be Orko. In a word - breasts. Does he have a sister? :wink:

Actually I think there was a female counterpart in one of the episodes. :wink:
    Tjim6oX.png
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chemk wrote: »
    Actually I think there was a female counterpart in one of the episodes. :wink:

Yep Dree Elle iirc

150px-DreeElle.jpg
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No costume today? Suppose I'll go ahead and toss one of mine in, then. This is Lichtzeit, a German heroine with light powers. I just went ahead with the colors of Germany's flag since I couldn't figure out a decent color scheme. Probably not the best name (might not even be proper German since I don't speak it. Probably mangled it.), but it's what I had in mind when I made her. The coloration may also need mild adjustment since I've never taken her out of the character creator, and it tends to make colors look different than they do in-game. Could probably be improved in a lot of ways, but I'm rambling. Anyway, to the pictures.

Lichtzeit1.pngLichtzeit2.png

Costume_Vizzone_Lichtzeit_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_443837536.jpg

It requires Heroic Formal for the hair, Classic Hero Tights for the top, and Tech Tights for the boots.
    edited January 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    Yep Dree Elle iirc

150px-DreeElle.jpg

Since it's starting to feel a bit too much like a clone and since one of my favorite homages is Shark Knight - meet Orca.

Costume_ZedBrightlander_Orka+-sharkhead_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_444502889.jpg
    Sure wish you could put hats on these heads.

ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Week Four:
    Monday 20th Jan: Princess Die by zedbrightlander1
    Tuesday 21sh Jan: grandfather Bisahalani by eiledon (guest)
    Wednesday 22th Jan: Bloodmage by bobsy26
    Thursday 23rd Jan: Edward Carver - "Elastic Man" by spyderlad
    Friday 24th Jan: Crimson Talon by velis3
    Saturday 25th Jan: Daft-A-Dill by bluhman
    Sunday 26th Jan: The Pirate Queen & The Girl from the Greenwood by eidelon
    Four Bonus costumes: Albrecht Brand as Child, Teen and Oldman by eidelon
    And Two Bonus costumes: Steampunk inventor & Elven archer by platinumshock
    And Two Bonus Costumes: Combat Medic: The Radiant By zamuelpwe
    I quick copy and paste is all you need to do, I think, unless I misspelled something or goof up in some other way.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • velis3velis3 Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Friday Time again!

In this installment I bring to you a creation inspired by another franchise. I don't want to name names, but you could call him a "runner" and that he moves like a "shadow". He is a consummate warrior, following his own personal code of honor. I don't have an actual name for him, so perhaps I'll just call him.... Street Samurai!

StreetSamGun.jpgStreetSam.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_StreetSamurai_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_444114884.jpg
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To keep things moving along here is Absolute Zero. Thought this look would be a nice change for ice/frost based heroes.

AbsoluteZero_zps4f57247d.jpg~original

Costume_Liath_MrGeneric_AbsoluteZero_zpsa999c922.jpg~original
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    February 1 - Gargol
    A6CshPE.png
    Costume File

This forum does not approve of umlauted os.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited February 2014
    Week Five:
    Monday 27th Jan: Hot 'n Foxy by zedbrightlander1
    Tuesday 28th Jan: Team Redshirt (The Inventor) by zamuelpwe (guest)
    Wednesday 29th Jan: UNTIL Pilot by bobsy26
    Thursday 30th Jan: Lichtzeit by vizzone (guest)
    Friday 31st Jan: Street Samurai! by velis3
    Saturday 1st Feb: Gargol by bluhman
    Sunday 2nd Feb: Absolute Zero by eiledon (guest)
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Bird Brain - The Mind (with and without wings)

Costume_ZedBrightlander_BirdBrain-wings_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_443368590_zps15b4b99f.jpgCostume_ZedBrightlander_BirdBrain_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_354041634_zps1de1a65b.jpg

Those crazy aliens abducted him and experimented on him. Some weird ray twisted his body into a half-bird man. This left him without a voice, but changed his brain and gave him telepathy and other mind powers. This change allowed BB to free himself and the other humans under the alien control. BB now seeks out all aliens around the city and the world. Where ever he finds them, he attacks aliens mercilessly with his Bird Brain powers.

Many heroes who have worked side-by-side with BB say his methods are more in line with villains than heroes. Few citizens seem to care so long as he is saving them from alien incursions into their neighborhoods.
    -
    Edited to add a cap.
    -
    BirdBrain-001.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    velis3 wrote: »
    Friday Time again!

In this installment I bring to you a creation inspired by another franchise. I don't want to name names, but you could call him a "runner" and that he moves like a "shadow". He is a consummate warrior, following his own personal code of honor. I don't have an actual name for him, so perhaps I'll just call him.... Street Samurai!

StreetSamGun.jpgStreetSam.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_StreetSamurai_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_444114884.jpg

Or could call him Shadow Runner. :)
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I believe one of my entries got skipped from the compiled lists. Still, my internet is back so I should have my new entry up later today.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited February 2014
    I was compiling information for some of my characters' PDB pages and found the Arizona State Flag. I was quite taken with the colors and thought it might make a nice basis for a costume.

Blazing Arizona - Speedster or Inferno perhaps

BlazingArizona_zps1c05ed50.jpg~original

Male & Female Options
    Costume_Generic_BlazingArizona_Male_zpse0686377.jpg~originalCostume_Generic_BlazingArizona_Female_zps5b9b965e.jpg~original

Potential Issues:
    Female - Long Gloves - Armor Full Plate: Only has metal texture where male version has metal, leather and cloth
    Male - Neck - Basic Collar: Not Available for Female
    edited February 2014
    4th February 2014:
    Death Skewer (The Marksman)

Costume_ZamuelNow_DeathSkewer_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_443657881.jpgCostume_ZamuelNow_DeathSkewer_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_444807805.jpg

Attempting a reasonable "Blackredder" outfit (and thus technically defying the term), attempted a sleek look with various levels of black and dark grey. Opted to play with the concept a bit since it's usually used for gunners and darkness but not archers. Looks better in motion than in still shots.

screenshot_2014-02-04-00-54-23.jpg
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited February 2014
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    I believe one of my entries got skipped from the compiled lists. Still, my internet is back so I should have my new entry up later today.

Okay, maybe my eyes are not seeing it. :redface: Can you tell me what post number you placed the unlinked costumes in. That will be a big help.

Bobsy26 put together weeks 1 thru 3.

I organized and posted week 4 and week 5 since bobsy26 seems to be busy.

I don't really consider my set of links the "Official" update. Just trying to help out. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014

-Sterga
    edited February 2014
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    D'OH! I even commented on that one.

Okay. It's been added as a third bonus of that week.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Okay, maybe my eyes are not seeing it. :redface: Can you tell me what post number you placed the unlinked costumes in. That will be a big help.

Bobsy26 put together weeks 1 thru 3.

I organized and posted week 4 and week 5 since bobsy26 seems to be busy.

I don't really consider my set of links the "Official" update. Just trying to help out. :smile:

I have been meaning to go back and fill out the archive for the last couple of weeks. It'll be done - eventually. Probably this sunday.

In the meantime:
    edited February 2014
    Wednesday 5th February 2014
    The Good Doctor

TheGoodDoctor.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_TheGoodDoctor_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_444941514.jpg

Would you let him operate?

More for technique than anything else. If you've been annoyed at the general inability to have hats with the plague mask, look no further. Also for further experimentation as far as black costuming is concerned.
    edited February 2014
    A pair of tweaked Unleashed.

Grey is the new BOOOO-RIIIIIING!

Meet Bright Stalker and The Paladin
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_BrightStalker_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_432877665_zps58d180d4.jpgCostume_ZedBrightlander_Paladin1_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_447822492_zps27689f8d.jpg

May the midichlorian counts be with you. <---- i know, right? no need to discuss.

Edited to add caps.
    -
    Paladin-001.jpg
    -
    Paladin-002.jpg
    -
    Not a cap but a link to the pic.
    -
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-v3HUcdbvCqA/U6jyDBvBw9I/AAAAAAAADsE/g0NM81nybUE/w655-h827-no/BrightStalker-001.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Wow, is it Friday already? Time sure does fly when you're drowning in work. Never fear, I'm still ready with another costume. Now, if only this winter weather work fly away...

...With that subtle intro, I shall unveil my newest creation. She is the embodiment of Spring, the time of renewal/rebirth. It is the beginning of new life for both flora and fauna. The time of sunshine and flowers, the return of animals from hibernation or migration. It is the season to rejoice in the beauty of nature. Thus I have created an amalgamation of human, plant, animal... with a hint of sunshine. Without further ado, I give you all the Vernal Vixen.

VernalVixen.jpg
    I chose the Victorian Dress because I thought it looks a bit like a giant flower.
    VernalVixen-profile.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_VernalVixen_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_445103981.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Posting my entry for Sunday in advanced, here i have 2 costumes instead of just the usual 1 cause i missed out.. il be on and off.. comp is getting fixed currently. Again..
    Meat Cleaver

screenshot_2014-02-09-04-07-13.jpg

I tried to go for another gangster type look again, and of course my urges told me to mix that in with some robotics, so i did. Also he has a bit of a hairdo with the helmet hahah. Overall he was fun to make.

Costume File

Electric Scythe

screenshot_2014-02-09-11-30-23.jpg

Costume File

^Thats the tights costume i promised a while ago.. Maybe i need to think of something a little more original. Running out of ideas lately.

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh crap! It's still the 8th on the west coast, right? RIGHT?!?! BLEEAAgalskghwsptoh
    February 8th - Lanternbearer
    0NXBv6d.png
    Costume File

Recommended use - Put a fire head aura on this dude.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited February 2014
    Oops. Forgot to post yesterday. BLTN

Dark Shine
    -
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_DarkShine4b_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_443145220_zpsccc42c3f.jpg

Not a Black-Redder fan so I was uneasy creating this. I probably shows in the details. :redface:

Edited to add cap.
    -
    DarkShine-002.jpg
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    11th February 2014:
    Invaders From the Zone of Twilight (The Mind)

Costume_ZamuelNow_Invader_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_445476963.jpgCostume_ZamuelNow_Invader_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_445476556.jpg

*static*Do not adjust your television sets. I repeat do n*static*

-Sterga
    edited February 2014
    Immediately thought of this show opening. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Wednesday 12th February 2014:
    Skye

(Requires Superconductor legs, Retro Sci-Fi pack)

Skye.jpg
    Costume_Bobsy_Skye_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_445550187.jpg

Annoyingly the superconductor chest tights aren't available with jackets. Why? NO GOOD REASON.

Anyway, there's nothing particularly special about Skye, other than I've been wanting to use this hairstyle on something for ages. When I first saw people with their hair like this in real life I thought it looked ridiculous, but now I'm finding the look pretty awesome. I am a slave to fashion, babes.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Electric Scythe

screenshot_2014-02-09-11-30-23.jpg

Costume File

^Thats the tights costume i promised a while ago.. Maybe i need to think of something a little more original. Running out of ideas lately.

Dude, I love this! The way you worked the lightning bolt into the costume design is just great.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited February 2014
    lilsteffie's Electric Scythe reminded me of a costume I made for iRun Man but ended up not using (well I used a simplified version) so here is the refreshed..

Bolter (Speedster/Electricity/Some Power Armor)
    costumebolt_zps1e2e3b7a.jpg~original
    Costume File

And while I was looking at iRun Man's older costumes, I found one I had done for a 90s costume contest. Again I refreshed it a little using new parts -

Harness (gadget guy)
    costume90s_zps29294129.jpg~original
    Costume File
    edited February 2014
    edited February 2014
    Dude, I love this! The way you worked the lightning bolt into the costume design is just great.

Oh wow thanks Smackwell, such an honor to have you comment on my stuff XD Thank you! :biggrin:

edited February 2014
    Just something I'm trying to create, but can't quite get right. Tried switching from female to male and found myself some eyebrows.

MisterSurprised-002.jpgCostume_ZedBrightlander_Mister+Surprised+2_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_445663775.jpg

The body of the costume is just kind of a place holder. Feel free to examine the costume to see what parts gave Soc's head that weird look. Swept Curls, Goggles Large Up, and Glowing Nose if I'm remember correctly.

Ideas/suggestions welcome. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    One more thing...

I have seen some of our creations out in the wild, so some folks are finding and using these.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    I was thinking that maybe to help people with inspiration over the coming year we could maybe have theme weeks now and then, like a "Brick" Week, or a "Beast" Week.

What do you all think?
    edited February 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    I was thinking that maybe to help people with inspiration over the coming year we could maybe have theme weeks now and then, like a "Brick" Week, or a "Beast" Week.

What do you all think?

Or, Shark Week. Ha Ha

How about if someone present a suggestion for a Whatever Week at the top of a month to give everyone a chance to try and come up with the theme costume to post during the final week of a month. How does that sound?

Or just suggest a theme at the top of a month and see if everyone can come up with at least one costume that fits the theme by the end of the month?

And since we have a new Archer in town, Heartstring, what do you guys think of creating some friends or teammates for her to work with, side-by-side? Could even go for something international. She's French. Perhaps she has an Italian beau-friend. <---- even more awful pun ha ha
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014
    eiledon wrote: »

What do you all think?

I approve of this idea. Although we could get input from the community as to what theme it should be on that week, or get bobsy/Zed to choose a theme, considering they're managing who posts what and the info page.

edited February 2014
    So it's Friday again, but not just any old Friday. For starters, it's Valentine's Day so I feel obligated to create a holiday themed costume. It also happens to be a full moon tonight and my inner weirdo comes out....

...did I say that out loud? Ahem, moving right along. Today we have a "What if?" scenario. Let's say that Ares, the Greek God of War, fell in battle. Who would take his place? What if Eros (aka Cupid), Greek God of Love, stepped in?

I'll just let my imagination take over from here...

Cupid, God of War
    Cupid.jpg
    CupidProfile.jpg
    Costume_Velis3_Cupid_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_445279113.jpg
    And don't forget that love is a battlefield... or love conquers all... or somesuch.
    edited February 2014
    That's one. :smile:

Hey. Can you actually Freeform a hero that uses both a sword and a bow in combat? I guess you can. I've seen guns and swords switched to and used by the same hero, so...
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's one. :smile:

Hey. Can you actually Freeform a hero that uses both a sword and a bow in combat? I guess you can. I've seen guns and swords switched to and used by the same hero, so...

Sure, just depends on what powers you pick. You could have a dude with Sonic Arrow and [Single Blade Power].

You could even just do a full-on Blades character but give him the Archery Energy Builder. I have a character who's all Might except his Energy Builder is Munitions.
    biffsig.jpg