test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change the newer Telepathy powers.

cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
None of them trigger Telepathic Reverberation when damaging Disoriented enemies.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that this is "working as intended". Especially since I relayed this directly to the Dev in charge of these powers while they were still on PTS.

Posting it here as a suggestion to be changed since it went Live the way it is.
download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
"There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yup, pretty much this right here.

I posted them in my Fatal Err0r: Telepathy thread as well, and whilst to CN's and GMC's credit they were largely resolved, Telepathic Reverberation was not fixed.

The following New Telepathy Powers require the fix:

Shadow of Doubt

Mental Leech

Mind Break

The really odd thing is that it was also reported here on the actual thread and on a sub thread (because apparently the complaints and issues were taking up feedback space so were moved to a sub thread.)

Here
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Telepathic Reverberation sometimes procs when using these powers. But only when I use the set once, throw in a few Ego Sprites, then use the set once again. And Ego Sprites doesn't proc TR at all.

So much is broken about this. We need this energy unlock to work since we can't use our Energy Builders in the middle of sleeping targets.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Telepathic Reverberation sometimes procs when using these powers. But only when I use the set once, throw in a few Ego Sprites, then use the set once again. And Ego Sprites doesn't proc TR at all.

So much is broken about this. We need this energy unlock to work since we can't use our Energy Builders in the middle of sleeping targets.

Incorrect. Ego Sprites *always* triggers TP Reverb when the enemies are Disoriented/Slept/Held. My Telepath character used it extensively for energy management because the other Telepathy DoTs do nothing against Disorient. Mental Storm will trigger it when the Hold is applied *only*. None of the DoT effects from Shadow of Doubt, Mental Leech, or Mental Storm trigger TP Reverb on Disoriented foes.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also uh... on what type of enemies is the interrupt supposed to actually work?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »

They don't do any Interrupt. Their original purpose was for interrupt but that got changed to some fairly useless debuffs. Power description was never changed to go with the switch from interrupt.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cyrone wrote: »
    They don't do any Interrupt. Their original purpose was for interrupt but that got changed to some fairly useless debuffs. Power description was never changed to go with the switch from interrupt.

Well then. That's disappointing.
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    /Signed!

Always wanted to give new Telepathy a decent shot, but haven't because (while I do appreciate the attention, the effort into making it happen and all that), it still feels kinda unfinished, a few things yet to be polished/refined, before I go so far as to Retcon a character for these powers.

Had I had a pure telepath, I'd probably be using them already, even in the current state. I like the mini-set, it's appealing to me. But here's to every little fix left to be done, from mechanics, things such as the Telepathic Reverberation issue to FX/Animations and unique power icons.

Viva PSI.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Vote +1 to allow the new pwrs to Reverb.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Mind Link should also trigger Telepathic Reverb but doesn't.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »

Yeah, this is pretty misleading, you would not believe how many people were asking me why New Telepathy was not interrupting targets. It's an "All Powers" Tooltip error. I reported it a while ago but nothing happened.

Shadow of Doubt used to be an Interrupt

Mental Leech used to be an Interrupt.

Mental Storm was originally a STUN.

Extra Mention: Ego Sprites is currently dodge-able. As a DoT this is not intended.