test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for powers advice

frosty066frosty066 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Power Discussion
So I'm very new to the game, less then a month of actual playing and I've tinkered around with some different builds. I'm looking for some help choosing what my power sets should be to fit a concept I have in my mind. Basically I would like a melee fighter (so might seems to fit) but I would also like something with some flash, like fire or ice. Are there any powers that give me melee fire, ice or other mainly ranged abilities in melee form? If so, is there something that goes well with a might primary build?

Thanks in advance
Post edited by frosty066 on

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are you open to exploring the Heavy Weapons set (and HW is related to Might in many ways, e.g. both can profit from Enrage)? Several of those (Brimstone, Fissure) generate burning patches of ground and other effects. You could also grab a aura with a burning aspect to it so that your are burning, even if not all your powers seem to be.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Unfortunately there aren't really any such powers... However, you can use the Earth Power set to achieve a similar effect...

Alternativly you can mix melee & ranged powers and take an aura that embodies your ranged elements, one of the new fire auras in th C-store might suit you best if you were to mix fire & melee as you can use the flaming fist aura as an incombat aura thus making your punches appear to be on fire.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you're Gold, you can recolour TK Blades to look like fire, or recolour certain Heavy Weapons models to look like Ice.

Burning Chi Fist and Dragon Uppercut leave fiery effects on the enemy.
  • Options
    bludskarrbludskarr Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Try out a Might toon but get the fire aura and set it to In Combat and try that out for a while. That might be all the "flash" you need right there.

New effects for old powers

More EXP for Adventure Packs please.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Heavy Weapons has a few attacks that cause fire damage:
    • Eruption w/ Magma Burst adv. - Causes a burst of flame as you hit that may also set foes on fire
    • Brimstone w/ Aftershock adv. - Power will create a fire patch on the ground.
    • Earth Splitter - Deals crushing and fire damage

Earth has Fissure, which does crushing and fire.

Some Unarmed martial arts powers can deal dimensional damage, and the attack has a sort of fiery aura.
    • Burning Chi Fist - The attack has an aura to it, it's advantage deals extra dimensional damage.
    • Dragon Uppercut w/ Chi Flame adv. - Causes a "burning" effect of dimensional damage
    • Open Palm Strike w/ Focused Chi Blast adv. - The advantage gives the attack a beam blast of dimensional damage.
    • Fury of the Dragon - Tier 4 power, you briefly morph into a fiery dragon that slashes and burns targets in front of you.

As somebody also suggested, the egoblade powers in the Telekinesis powerset have a flaming aura to them.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Devour Essence is a melee attack in a ranged set.