What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20131213.5 PTS Update

13»

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    While I am here...

Can anyone tell me the drop rate around about? I don't think it would be EVERYTIME you complete it? Or is it like a 20% chance drop? Less?

And if it's a chance drop, does only a few people on each 10 man team get one? It'd be mighty annoying to run it as a SG and for the same people to keep getting super lucky but we have to keep running it because some members simply never get any tokens.

I don't know, there generally aren't enough people on PTS to test that, but I think the drop chance really shouldn't be any lower than 20%. Each piece requires 8 tokens, so 24 tokens for 3 pieces, with a 20% drop chance that would on average be 120 runs in total to gear out one character.
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aetam1 wrote: »
    I think I can live with the system they are planning but I would prefer a token conversion. Something like two tokens from one rampage give you a token of your choice. Especially since only one alert is up at a time. If you don't play that regularly it might take some time until you have access to each rampage.

What I would love most is to have every rampage available all the time but the playerbase is probably too small for that. Maybe they could offer at least two on weekends?

All in all I am looking forward to this patch. And I really love that tokens are account bound. What I would love to see next is a buff for archetypes to make the rampages easier for them.

I disagree with this unless the conversion is something ridiculous like 10:1. The conversion should be obnoxious enough where you have to stop and really think about which is the better option. Justice gear is (arguably) the best gear currently in game. You should not be able to just farm 1 rampage for 2 hours, on the first day and get all your Justice gear via conversion. Think about how many times in 1 hour you can farm Gravitar. That defeats the whole purpose. I like the new system.

The gear should be earned not handed over as a consolation prize because little Johnny can?t beat the big bad monster. It just seems like a lot of the Justice Gear complaints on here are not about the system, but are really about having to actually work for the gear.
    Tjim6oX.png
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aetam1 wrote: »
    All in all I am looking forward to this patch. And I really love that tokens are account bound. What I would love to see next is a buff for archetypes to make the rampages easier for them.

I've already come to the conclusion that Fire and Ice isn't going to be for ATs or PUGs. I'll probably run it a few times for laughs and to see how fast we can party wipe. (Before "bla bla bla pre-made", I like to PUG alerts. I'm weird like that.)
    chemk wrote: »
    The gear should be earned not handed over as a consolation prize because little Johnny can?t beat the big bad monster. It just seems like a lot of the Justice Gear complaints on here are not about the system, but are really about having to actually work for the gear.

Why? Who cares if you can buy your top tier gear? As long as there is also an option to earn your gear without paying for it, I don't see why it matters. Does buying the best gear suddenly make you not suck at video games or teach you how to play your character? Does top tier gear make coffee for you in the morning?

I am less than thrilled that justice gear is something you have to grind AND pay for instead of grind OR pay for. I guess you forgot that Vigilante gear can be bought with real money OR you can grind the questionite for it. No one seems to complain about that considering how good that gear is.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited January 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    Why? Who cares if you can buy your top tier gear? As long as there is also an option to earn your gear without paying for it, I don't see why it matters. Does buying the best gear suddenly make you not suck at video games or teach you how to play your character? Does top tier gear make coffee for you in the morning?

I am less than thrilled that justice gear is something you have to grind AND pay for instead of grind OR pay for. I guess you forgot that Vigilante gear can be bought with real money OR you can grind the questionite for it. No one seems to complain about that considering how good that gear is.
    If the gear made morning coffee, it would be worth buying! Mmmmm? Legion of Java :smile:

I do understand your point about purchasing gear, but it matters because it discourages game play. Legion was a money draw for Zen sales, but Legion really should not have been purchasable. No top gear in any game should be. Why bother playing if you can just pay $20 to get all the best gear? It?s like getting all dressed up with nowhere to go. (Hurray for CC!) Should there also be an option to auto level your characters to 40? Everybody wants an I WIN BUTTON until they actually get one. If you remove all the goals/challenge from the game, then it just becomes a glorified chat room. :frown:

With the release of JG, I feel Legion is now in the right spot of acquirability.

As far as grinding for the JG, it?s not really grinding unless the individual chooses to make it a grind. Technically speaking the whole game is a grind. You grind out missions or alerts for XP/Questionite/Globals. Or maybe you are doing it for the RP aspect of it, in which case you are still grinding out story lines. It all depends on what your own perception of Grinding actually is.

Side-note: That would actually be awesome if tokens could also be earned via PVP and RP.

True, buying gear the gear would not suddenly make you not suck. TOTES_zpsf4630016.png
    But earning your gear might. You can learn from other players. Ive seen may players improve through teaming. That learning process/experience is taken away if you can just bypass it.

A lot of people complained (and still complain) that there was nothing to do in game at 40. Crypitc is trying to breathe new life into the game and give players a reason to do these rampages. I like this new direction.

These are just my opinions and Im well aware not everyone will agree.
    Tjim6oX.png
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's true. If people could just buy the gear, then they would do that and go right back to complaining that there's no reason to do anything.

Tera has this issue, and I believe NWO has it as well, where people skip multiple tiers of content by just buying the gear they would get from them. There's even people buying the top endgear game that you get from the dungeon at the peak of the content. I knew some of them, and some of them ended up not even playing those characters anymore and just started playing alts, waiting for a new tier of content to come out. That's what happens when you take the "carrot on a stick" that is gear progression, and let people pay you to remove the stick.

By requiring players to actually play the content, you ensure that the content you put out is actually getting used; having content that isn't getting used is functionally the same as having no content (this is the same line of reasoning that tells you that mission zones and lairs need spruced up rewards).

People have been griping about having to to rampages to get justice gear for a few days... people have been griping that we have no endgame and there's nothing to do at 40 for years.
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Aetam and Sterga: The CO way.

the rest of this crowd: the Stock MMO WoW clone way to get gear.

at least give us a decent exchange rate of the tokens or make them tradeable. the voice of common sense has spoken. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If they want you to play all the rampages, to get the gear, common sense would dictate that they do not make them tradable or convertable.

The current implementation is fine. I've got 100s of DS and have never spent a dime, none of the rampages are unduely difficult, and it'll be nice to get to do the Lemurian invasion.
    edited January 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Aetam and Sterga: The CO way.

the rest of this crowd: the Stock MMO WoW clone way to get gear.

at least give us a decent exchange rate of the tokens or make them tradeable. the voice of common sense has spoken. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As far as exchange rates, that shouldn't be an easier route to get top tier items. They're supposed to be a lousy exchange to encourage you to actually play, not grind out one rampage for 6 hours because that's the easiest one. Big deal, it might actually take people a month or two to get the gear. But I guarantee once you have earned that last piece of gear, you will be way more satisfied than if you just bought/exchanged for it. That bit of excitement is exactly whats missing from this game. That little bit of pure satisfaction from a real in-game accomplishment.

I just dont understand why its a big deal to ask the player base to actually play the game for rewards. Earn that gear. You will be ok and you will be glad you did. I promise you that.
    If not I will make you cookies
    Tjim6oX.png
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    interesting :tongue: