What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20131213.5 PTS Update

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well its not currency. It just takes up actual inventory space. =/
    malvou wrote: »
    -Suggestion: Make the Firefighter Helmet a Top Accessory under Facemasks & Armor.

Yes make this so!
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kamokami wrote: »
    Please make private queues workable for PvP.

Also, Hero Games do need a reward. There should be something. They had rewards and then they got stripped out because "there was no time" to put more in.

The HG do not have to be THE BEST WAY TO GET STUFF.....they can simply be one of the choices even if they are less optimal. But there should not just be nothing there at all.

Firstly, I love how the justice gear is being implimented. If we want to move forward with content, then tiered gear had to happen eventually. The use of drifters salvage also gives us a reasonably fair way of acquiring it without lockbox diving for a week.

Now, onto a subject I know very little about: PvP

1.) PvP should have access to private ques. Its am easy fix that helps them and doesn't effect us.

2.) PvP should have their own gear tokens. Not as something earned via winning fights, but as the result of a daily mission in Defender's command center. This mission should rotate alert style, and have a level prerequisite (probably level 30-40). The tokens from this would be bind on pickup. These caveats would substantially reduce farming from lowbie alts, while still allowing PvPers access to endgame class gear.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    please do not do this. the difficulty in all rampages in NOT equal by a long shot. please allow people to choose their rampage, or reduce rotation period to the "daily rampage"

You clearly don't understand the entire point.

The point in rotating it like this is to get people on every three days to farm the next rampage, this keeps the game more healthy and active. If we were able to do all of them at any time, as an active SG we would have our full justice gear in one day same for many other SG's I am sure.

Also with the PvP issue. It'd be great if the private queue system fixes the kicking bug. I know however that joining as a team doesn't make it work any better.
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Firstly, I love how the justice gear is being implimented. If we want to move forward with content, then tiered gear had to happen eventually. The use of drifters salvage also gives us a reasonably fair way of acquiring it without lockbox diving for a week.

Yep, totally agree.
    2.) PvP should have their own gear tokens. Not as something earned via winning fights, but as the result of a daily mission in Defender's command center. This mission should rotate alert style, and have a level prerequisite (probably level 30-40). The tokens from this would be bind on pickup. These caveats would substantially reduce farming from lowbie alts, while still allowing PvPers access to endgame class gear.

I am not a PvP hater, but I don't really understand this assumption some people have that PvP'ers should be able to get all of the same rewards without ever having to touch PvE. Where does it come from? This isn't Shadowbane. No one ever promised PvP was a completely viable alternate gameplay path. Why are the ~5% of PvP'ers such fragile snowflakes that they can't do PvE content with everyone else?

Don't get me wrong, I do think PvP should get some love. A daily or weekly rotating mission, access to the private queuing system, and Questonite rewards all make a lot of sense to me. But PvP should be an enhancement to the rest of the game, not a replacement for it.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
    edited January 2014
    Bug: Ice sheath not working on robotic arms and legs.

Happens on the costume while using ice sheath with robotic arms and legs.

This Happens ->

nmmbuf.jpg

Edit: Infact is this intended? Like some items seem to be affected and some are no affected at all. Like cloths and stuff aren't affected sure but then a lot of them are still and it can look sort of random.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I couldn't locate the Until Jacket. Could anyone tell me where it is and/or provide a pic please?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bwdares wrote: »
    I couldn't locate the Until Jacket. Could anyone tell me where it is and/or provide a pic please?

It''s under "military coat", I believe in the chest and arms section.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited January 2014

And my God, it is awesome.

THANK YOU!

Now I can look like a professional.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this is why I alternately suggested rotating the rampages daily rather than 3 days.

I don't get how that would improve anything. Is 12 days really too long a time period to get your next gears?

I mean... you do plan to be playing the game still 12 days after the rampage rotation starts, right?
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And my God, it is awesome.

THANK YOU!

Now I can look like a professional.

That was my reaction. I've been waiting for that piece since launch.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited January 2014
    That was my reaction. I've been waiting for that piece since launch.
    I posted in another thread in this subsection that we could also use a new sidearm, maybe a new thigh holster.

The Pilot's helmet is pretty sick, too. I hope it remains a universal head wear so I can make some wild combos with it.

Either way, I get to be Maverick. Who wants to be Iceman?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Goose FTW!
    Guy was the driving force of the whole flick.
    Everyone loved Goose.
    PAR153.jpg
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Goose FTW!
    Guy was the driving force of the whole flick.
    Everyone loved Goose.
    moustache.gif

Either way, She's lost that lovin' feelin'....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzVbz2HHzo
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    I am not a PvP hater, but I don't really understand this assumption some people have that PvP'ers should be able to get all of the same rewards without ever having to touch PvE. Where does it come from? This isn't Shadowbane. No one ever promised PvP was a completely viable alternate gameplay path. Why are the ~5% of PvP'ers such fragile snowflakes that they can't do PvE content with everyone else?

Don't get me wrong, I do think PvP should get some love. A daily or weekly rotating mission, access to the private queuing system, and Questonite rewards all make a lot of sense to me. But PvP should be an enhancement to the rest of the game, not a replacement for it.

Completely agree!
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
    edited January 2014
    because if someone isn't gonna survive fire and ice they can just wait one day to do gravitar or something.

Or they could just go do other stuff for those three days. I mean, it's not as if the rest of the game is disappearing... and since Fire and Ice is the only new content involved, that means the person in question doesn't care about only doing the newest content.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    These changes are awesome.

That is all.
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    laughinxan wrote: »
    I think pets in general, other than the support drones, had been of questionable value in this game everywhere, the fact is people do actually want a pet class and there really isn't. Chip damage thats hardly better than an energy builder doesn't mean anything, people litterally have to bring up the most random bunch of pets to see any significant damage, which imo is kind of wrong.

Meh, my petmaster character can be beastmode in most content, it's just this new content is being made to counter supertanks, and dynamic content requiring a lot of movement that hurts. A pet with 10k health, 75% resists, and the "I'm a pet" buff isn't going to survive against an attack designed to kill a supertanks with 300% resistance, -127 damage absorption, and 15K health. Or, the mega D with his 25k sweep attack.

That and being forced into unbound ritual is uncool. I'd love to have R3, and would have made it work for most content, but setups like Skycarrier and Gravitar require too much re-positioning. With fire and ice coming, and what I saw in videos of Lemurian invasion (never got to do it) the trend will continue, which is not bad, things just need accounting for.

While it would be nice to have a pet role, it's not really needed. What's needed is to remember that the pets cant block, or avoid these massive attacks that they keep putting in. That last phase of Fire and Ice with all the stuff raining from the sky was very cool, but I couldn't help but cringe at how pets would not be able to survive.
    laughinxan wrote: »
    As for the sigils I agree anymore with that, but I'd rather they just make the things not explode from AoE fire or even normal attacks. They are in my eyes, meant to punish those enemies moving into them, I don't see why they have to be treated as pets if they cannot move in the case of the normal rank 3 version. Or make them only vulnerable if a person leaves them and make recasting them much faster and more fluid.

Edit: I'd want people to discuss that in a way thats constructive. I am well aware how damaging sigils of primal storm are. Thats why I chose to mention the last sentence.

Sigils are the least of my concern. Yes it would be nice to have them survive more than one hit vs an enemy like clarence, but they're supposed to be destroyable, because of how potent they are. My sigils never punish someone for going into them, rather they punish enemies for existing, because I just rush into the middle of a group and summon them.

Either way, I believe sigils have the "I'm a pet!" buff IIRC, so if they did increase survivability vs these massive sweeps, sigils would likely be affected.
    edited January 2014

Thanks, it looks pretty cool :)
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Aura: "Force Field": Wobble <-- Needs to be renamed to Psionic Shield: Wobble.

Now...here is what I am going to go on about a bit. I like that you guys have been looking in the Suggestions Box, regarding Reflective Psionic Shielding from VIPER and PSI, which Spordelia, myself and others wanted to be accessible to players as a power. But I think we have the next best thing.

Psionic1_zpsdb4d1e44.png[/URL]

Rename the wobbly force field aura "Flux Field Aura"?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rename the wobbly force field aura "Flux Field Aura"?

I've already stated what it actually is, so it should be renamed that, it already has a name, calling it anything outside of a Psionic Shield is pretty much a misrepresentation.

I'm pretty sure, provided they survive long enough you can see this power on VIPER Psionic Directors, Psimon and Elder worm initiates (they cast it on their allies), and you'll see the name. (Although since it is a power on them it is called Reflective Psionic Shield)

And it isn't a force field. But since this has been an experience which proves we -can- use NPC FX (and possibly powers) and old FX from ages back (I remember seeing this power active in Stronghold PvP.). I wonder if they'll be nice enough to bring back the PFF Aura that it used to have.
    edited January 2014
    I've already stated what it actually is, so it should be renamed that, it already has a name, calling it anything outside of a Psionic Shield is pretty much a misrepresentation.

I'm pretty sure, provided they survive long enough you can see this power on VIPER Psionic Directors, Psimon and Elder worm initiates (they cast it on their allies), and you'll see the name. (Although since it is a power on them it is called Reflective Psionic Shield)

And it isn't a force field. But since this has been an experience which proves we -can- use NPC FX (and possibly powers) and old FX from ages back (I remember seeing this power active in Stronghold PvP.). I wonder if they'll be nice enough to bring back the PFF Aura that it used to have.

God forbid someone else have an opinion. Yeesh.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bwdares wrote: »
    God forbid someone else have an opinion. Yeesh.

I am just of the strong opinion that it should be properly represented. At the end of the day, regardless of my opinion or anyone else's they could turn around and call it:

"Super Fairy Magic Field: Wobble"

I am really against calling it Force Field because it really is NOT one.

Look at the force fields we have in game, none of them look like that. The closest thing we have to that in game player wise, is Ego Hold, a paralyze from the Telekinesis Power Set, which to some degree shares that same graphic.

I explained my reasoning in my original feedback post, if they want to rename it, it won't take two seconds and at least it'd be accurate.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The way it wobbles and sounds looks a bit like a "hard sound" aura if there would be one. Just my observation.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited January 2014
    I agree that it definitely looks more "telepathic" than force-based. Telepathy effects tend to be more fluid like that. Even Mindful Reinforcement is more fluid and wobbly when compared to Protective Field.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    The way it wobbles and sounds looks a bit like a "hard sound" aura if there would be one. Just my observation.

I just think of this.
  • orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can you please make the Strips on the fireman's coat and construction vest have a glow ability.
    I think it would be awesome if they did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    I just noticed that in order to purchase justice gear you will be forced to play in ALL the rampages. please do NOT DO THIS. sky command is optimized for people with vehicles, fire and ice is geared towards super-tanks. make the token types able to be exchanged perhaps for other tokens at a vendor perhaps.

It's a terrible idea to force people to play in rampages they have little to no chance of surviving and the team won't want them due to the limited amount they can contribute.

Sky Command can be done without vehicles or range powers. Especially since melee toons will be very helpful against the Mega D.

Fire and Ice testing had a couple people with 5k HP and we seemed to do fine especially since they focused on hard dps.

You can set up a team to make up for your weaknesses. Even to include toons that seem hopeless in the rampage.
    edited January 2014
    even so it's not a good idea. far from the optimal way to do things.

Its "end game" gear. It should be difficult to collect. You have to play through the different walls of difficulty or gather a team that can cover your weaknesses to acquire. Its not required.

I actually approve of certain types of characters not being able to play content. And Sky Command and the Fire/Ice are good examples of contrast.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bug: If you are wiped by the duo then when you go back into the fighting area they can aggro and rush the bubble before it lets you out to start the fight again(but you can still fight them while in the bubble).

Bug: Until and Firefighter Jacket Bottoms(same piece) lack the option for "None" like the Victorian Coat.

-Could we please get either the option or a second unlock to make "Until Eyepatch Right" possible?

-The new Wobble Aura is loud. Could you please either A)make it so only the user hears it and/or B)turn down the volume on it please. I, personally, would prefer option A.

-Since I'm guessing that the intro cutscene for Fire and Ice will be some kind of explanation of the fight and I'm also guessing it might be a touch on the long and cumbersome side, could we maybe do a "someone talks while we fight" kind of system similiar to how the Black Talon Tutorial or STO's Crystaline Entity STF works? If you're wanting me to run this thing a bajillion times then all I'm asking for is not for it to be a repeat of Forum Malvanum. Please. :cool:

gradii:
    -I've run Sky Command without a vehicle(since I kinda sorta loathe the things) without any real issue. I've run it with an Infernal and that wasn't ideal...but it was still possible.

-I just finished testing Fire and Ice with an Earth toon who is not a Super-Tank. I did die from time to time while learning the overall mechanics but if this was Live I'd have Serums. In this situation a nice teddy bear rezzed me. Oh, and we won.

-They're trying to put "buts in chairs" with these alerts and you're against them encouraging/rewarding people for going into them? Justice Gear might be cute and the "new hotness" but it's still, with the current level of PvE IMO, completely optional. Considering my own personal "toon armada" I might maybe kinda sorta consider gearing 1...2 toons with this stuff tops. In order for you to absolutely NEED Justice Gear the game difficulty on this game would have to be ramped up to a point where I suspect you wouldn't be complaining about Justice Gear anymore. :eek:

Also, not directed at anyone in particular, I just wanna take one lil sec to restate for the record that ALL of my toons are "Effective Aesthetic Theme Toons." I oftentimes see people on the forums use the word Theme like it's a profanity or interchangable with words like weak, terrible, or ineffective and in my experiences this is not the case...unless your hero happens to be "Captain Has All The Blocks in The Game" and then...well...I don't know what to tell you there. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I played an acoustokinesis guitarist who also threw guitar picks in fire/ice and wasn't a liability. I won 1000 internets and some questionite.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just noticed that in order to purchase justice gear you will be forced to play in ALL the rampages. please do NOT DO THIS. sky command is optimized for people with vehicles

Actually, if you're using a vehicle in Sky Command, you're generally doing it wrong (unless you have Gravity Pulse, and even then). Grab an absolutely free 15 minute long lasting (or so) hoverdisk from the mission start point.

You can then use all of your character's normal powers while having like 80% of the speed of a vehicle.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2014
    I love the fact Justice Gear is tied to only Rampages. It is where they belong. With how powerful they are, they should be placed behind tough content.
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree with this. I disagree on how its being done within this context. that is all.

You mean the need for 10 Drifter Salvage?
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just noticed that in order to purchase justice gear you will be forced to play in ALL the rampages. please do NOT DO THIS. sky command is optimized for people with vehicles, fire and ice is geared towards super-tanks. make the token types able to be exchanged perhaps for other tokens at a vendor perhaps.

It's a terrible idea to force people to play in rampages they have little to no chance of surviving and the team won't want them due to the limited amount they can contribute.
    It really isn't as bad as perceived once people start playing the rampages. I foresee even ATs playing the fire/ice rampages, not necessarily with Justice gear as the goal, but an eventual outcome. They won't remove the limitations on ATs. FFs get their wide selection of heals and mitigation powers, but rampages are group content so they don't have to depend on a single player's build. Tokens are account bound, so you can use a different build for each rampage if you want.

Fire/Ice: Looking out for your party goes a long way to completing this alert. This is very different from the other rampages where all you need is to do your own thing. If the team is struggling, cooperation may be the issue. Don't queue with selfish players.

Lemurian Invasion: All this takes is time... to complete it.

Gravitar: Tank and spank.

Sky Command: Simply designate and split your groups. I've guarded a side single-handedly with lead tempest and swapping in support drones to heal the engines, and the mega d can be pulled away so it won't hit the engines/vent.

One benefit of being freeform is you can choose powers that support team content any time you want if you are willing. For me, theme is a concept, not an excuse to be inflexible, I can adapt within reason.
    edited January 2014
    not even that, that I'm ok with now, although I think it should be 5.

its the fact you need to complete every rampage to get it.

But if you could buy the gear it'd make it pay to win which is also something you are complaining about.

"YOUA MAKA NOA SENSA"

Basically if you really can't do one alert then you'll just have to hope all 9 of the other guys doing it aren't in the exact same shoe as you for whatever reason. Wow, it's as if you've totally forgotten that they are 10 man things...
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    not even that, that I'm ok with now, although I think it should be 5.

its the fact you need to complete every rampage to get it.

Or take longer and wait for the Rampage(s) you're okay with to cycle back.
    edited January 2014
    While I am here...

Can anyone tell me the drop rate around about? I don't think it would be EVERYTIME you complete it? Or is it like a 20% chance drop? Less?

And if it's a chance drop, does only a few people on each 10 man team get one? It'd be mighty annoying to run it as a SG and for the same people to keep getting super lucky but we have to keep running it because some members simply never get any tokens.
  • aetam1aetam1 Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think I can live with the system they are planning but I would prefer a token conversion. Something like two tokens from one rampage give you a token of your choice. Especially since only one alert is up at a time. If you don't play that regularly it might take some time until you have access to each rampage.

What I would love most is to have every rampage available all the time but the playerbase is probably too small for that. Maybe they could offer at least two on weekends?

All in all I am looking forward to this patch. And I really love that tokens are account bound. What I would love to see next is a buff for archetypes to make the rampages easier for them.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
    edited January 2014
    aetam1 wrote: »
    What I would love most is to have every rampage available all the time but the playerbase is probably too small for that.

I'm glad we are getting at least this much since before they couldn't allow multiple different queues to be up because our game wasn't important enough to take up that kind of server space.

Though it leads me to believe that this new system takes up even less server space than before since Sky Command will no longer be up at all times along with the regular rampage.