What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Really Cryptic North? Srsly? u_u

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Why you troll us Cryptic N???

From the main page... the dryad costume set announcement:

"Get out your fairy dust and wands and get ready to patrol Millennium City in a brand new Dryad costume set."

You know very well that we don't have wands and that we've wanted them for years! D:<

...and now we want fairy dust attacks too! >:O
Post edited by spinnytop on

Comments

• Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My first thought was :" Hmm neat; can use some of that set as extra costumes for my dryad/nymph character and her plant pow---oh....right."
  • Options
    enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Clearly they're referring to the infernal wand device DEMON mobs can drop.

But seriously, well kinda, I can't help but notice neither of the pictures in that add showcase the utter gloriousness that is this costume set's sunflower hat :biggrin:
  • Options
    carrutherscarruthers Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maybe they are trying to hint to us that wands are coming and just maybe we will get emanation type weapons or the sort. Could this be the start of us being able to geminate powers from our weapons ?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    carruthers wrote: »
    Maybe they are trying to hint to us that wands are coming and just maybe we will get emanation type weapons or the sort. Could this be the start of us being able to geminate powers from our weapons ?

geminate? that's outrageous... truly truly outrageous.

I hope you're right.
  • Options
    carrutherscarruthers Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oops sorry I meant emit powers from weapons . thanks for pointing that out
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    carruthers wrote: »

Could also be a hinting at upcoming plant powers, maybe?
    I dunno, one can hope.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My first thought was :" Hmm neat; can use some of that set as extra costumes for my dryad/nymph character and her plant pow---oh....right."

I know right? My Satyr Hermit with the Green Thumb power will totally look awe---- oh... yeah...

sorceror01 wrote: »
    Could also be a hinting at upcoming plant powers, maybe?
    I dunno, one can hope.

I had been dreaming for a Water and Plant powerframe since forever :C
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmmm...I do have a water concept hero named Dive, I'd love to see use a more water looking effect than Force Powers.

Though, I'd still love a water style Force Geyser complete with snapping fingers :)
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    enixonbb wrote: »
    But seriously, well kinda, I can't help but notice neither of the pictures in that add showcase the utter gloriousness that is this costume set's sunflower hat :biggrin:

Nor are the pictures themselves 'legal' for females unless they're using the Tights: Solid Color: That one mostly skin looking color for the body.

Unfortunately the pictures themselves are too small - can't tell that's what they did (as there's a difference around the neck, hands, and feet if you use that as they're limited to skin tones (the color doesn't quite match)).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Water powers aren't hard to do with freeform. Heck, they could make a water bender archetype with existing stuff (and metallic ooze with a blue color makes a great 'waterform' travel power)
    I had one, back when I was Gold. TK block is a great water-looking defense, gadget's armor power (I'd check wiki for the name, but, well) makes a character look covered in water. I think I ended up using the Wind powerset's slotted offensive passive...
    Oh, Quicksand is another fun watery thing.

Plant is much harder. There's the darkness tentacles, and I found Fissure with a green tint looked kind of planty (if you ignore people catching on fire.)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    Nor are the pictures themselves 'legal' for females unless they're using the Tights: Solid Color: That one mostly skin looking color for the body.

Unfortunately the pictures themselves are too small - can't tell that's what they did (as there's a difference around the neck, hands, and feet if you use that as they're limited to skin tones (the color doesn't quite match)).

I think they just have an unrestricted tailor.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    zahinder wrote: »
    Water powers aren't hard to do with freeform. Heck, they could make a water bender archetype with existing stuff (and metallic ooze with a blue color makes a great 'waterform' travel power)
    I had one, back when I was Gold. TK block is a great water-looking defense, gadget's armor power (I'd check wiki for the name, but, well) makes a character look covered in water. I think I ended up using the Wind powerset's slotted offensive passive...
    Oh, Quicksand is another fun watery thing.

Plant is much harder. There's the darkness tentacles, and I found Fissure with a green tint looked kind of planty (if you ignore people catching on fire.)

I think when people think of a water travel power, they're more likely to think of riding a big wave uwu

I think they just have an unrestricted tailor.

Now we also demand an unrestricted tailor u_u
  • Options
    vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    somebob wrote: »

What do you mean they're not legal? Golden Age Skin and Tights under the chest layer lets you show all that skin. Pic related.

Druid.png
    Druid2.png

Also, the Dryad skirt under Long Skirts chops off your legs, if anyone wants a ghost fairy. The chest layer also cuts off your arms if used as a jacket, but that seems to be standard with new stuff now.

Edit: Added close up with modifications to show it's possible.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Description of the costume pack : "Whether you hail from the Land of Legends or command the powers of Nature, this is the costume set for you! The wings in this set flutter like Butterfly wings, for a pixie-like effect."
    Is it an obvious hint that we're getting plant powers, or is it just to sell the costume ?
    What the hell are the Lands of Legends supposed to be anyway ? Makes me think of the 1000 day sub perk "Vanguard of Thaar", yeah where do I meet this Thaar and why am I related to him ?

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    avianos wrote: »

I had been dreaming for a Water and Plant powerframe since forever :C

Yep, right there with you, as i said before MERCILESSLY RIP OFF NATURE AFFINITY!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They might not be aware that wand powers don't exist.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Description of the costume pack : "Whether you hail from the Land of Legends or command the powers of Nature, this is the costume set for you! The wings in this set flutter like Butterfly wings, for a pixie-like effect."
    Is it an obvious hint that we're getting plant powers, or is it just to sell the costume ?
    What the hell are the Lands of Legends supposed to be anyway ? Makes me think of the 1000 day sub perk "Vanguard of Thaar", yeah where do I meet this Thaar and why am I related to him ?

Fire, ice and wind are forces of nature. Earth as well.

Thaar I think is where the bird people come from. If I'm not mistaken you get those when you unlock the bird people costume set.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ENOUGH WIT TEH FAIRIES! :O

LinkandNavi640x360.jpg

CO has one to many at the moment.....
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If the costume means what power sets we get why don't we have a grappling power set after getting the luchador costume set.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Back then we got costumes based on features added to the game (Hero Games), not power sets.

The power set to costumes has been a pattern accepted since On Alert.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Still didn't get power sets based on Sharks, Victorian and Dinosaurs either.

I did hear of some kind of rumor of plant powers coming around but not sure where that stemmed from.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Still didn't get power sets based on Sharks, Victorian and Dinosaurs either.

I knew you were going to respond with those "examples". Going for the easy arguments?

Dinosaurs is Halloween themed.

Victorian was a set that was perhaps for the Dracul Halloween event that was cancelled.

The Shark set models are so simple that it could have been a practice set made by Cryptic North working with the Cryptic engine.

The exception to the rule doesn't disprove the rule. But I guess the Nighthawk and Power Armor costumes didn't happen.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You're being too defensive. I was just saying them as a matter of fact. I'm saying costumes are not a sure fire bet there's going to be power sets coming with them.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You're being too defensive. I was just saying them as a matter of fact. I'm saying costumes are not a sure fire bet there's going to be power sets coming with them.

You also started "your point" with what you're saying using luchador as an example when it's pre-alert, and the general pattern started post-alert.

No one said it's a sure fire thing, you're putting words into his mouth. it's just a general pattern which mean it *might* be happening. that isn't saying it will happen. and it's normal to follow prediction patterns if you notice them
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    All right everyone, this thread is now an argument about the proper way to argue.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    all Right Everyone, This Thread Is Now An Argument About The Proper Way To Argue.

You're Doing It Wrong.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jonsills wrote: »

Oh, I'm sorry, this is abuse. You want the Neverwinter forums next door.

Stupid git.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    Thread is entering off topic territory. Please keep it on track.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well that's what I said u3u...

Anyways, back to the topic. Where are our wands, fairy dust attacks, plant powers, and water powers, and our water based travel powers (both one where you turn into a puddle, and one where you ride a big wave)? s( U 3 U )z

Also if they released a water set and a costume set to go with it.... what would the costume set even look like? :O
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ... Mermaids and Mermen? :biggrin:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well that's what I said u3u...

Anyways, back to the topic. Where are our wands, fairy dust attacks, plant powers, and water powers, and our water based travel powers (both one where you turn into a puddle, and one where you ride a big wave)? s( U 3 U )z

Also if they released a water set and a costume set to go with it.... what would the costume set even look like? :O

I'd guess a water costume set would be a lot like the PSI recognition items; free-floating pieces with translucent wavelike flowing on it. Color the PSI Hypnotist back piece light blue, and you've got the idea of what I want to see. We need more pieces like that.

At least, that's what I really, really hope for.

Probably more likely to be beachwear/Lemurian-esque stuff.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bubble patterning on tights, more wave and water emblems, and some better fishy accessories/armor would be fun to see also
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There's already a good number of scales, fins and tails in the tailor. Also, the Regeneration aura colored blue looks like watery waves when it pulses.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    bubble patterning on tights, more wave and water emblems, and some better fishy accessories/armor would be fun to see also

This^......plus the wet effect after having been in water, as an aura.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    for travel... water orb, surrounds the user in a water sphere and carries them around. You can see the player inside the water, with a distorting effect that water normally does.. and you can slightly colour it, default is clean pure water.. add hues to make whatever you like from muddy brown water to toxic green water.. just because you're a water build doesn't mean you're cleanly.. especially if you came from the southwest desert zone with all the radiation.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Theres a work around to stimulate water powers in CO but it involves RL. What you gotta do is get a gold fish bowl. Fill it with water and put it on your head.

!DISCLAIMER!

May require forgetting how to drown and learning to ignore the laws of gravity.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Theres a work around to stimulate water powers in CO but it involves RL. What you gotta do is get a gold fish bowl. Fill it with water and put it on your head.

!DISCLAIMER!

May require forgetting how to drown and learning to ignore the laws of gravity.
    Yeah, to really make that work you have to be playing the PnP RPG Toon and have a really low Smarts stat. (In Toon, if you're dumb enough, it's possible to fail to fall because you forgot how gravity works.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, to really make that work you have to be playing the PnP RPG Toon and have a really low Smarts stat. (In Toon, if you're dumb enough, it's possible to fail to fall because you forgot how gravity works.)

That would be an ecumenical matter.

3...2...1 and a Brony appears to tell us to keep on topic :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014

That was an amazing RPG.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    That would be an ecumenical matter.

3...2...1 and a Brony appears to tell us to keep on topic :D

Death to bronies!
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    skcark wrote: »
    Death to bronies!

No

curse you 10char limit
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Death to bronies!

Don't try to Cause Fandom Drama, this is not acceptable here!

--

So about that Mermaid and Mermen Costume Set! It would be cool if it had Fish-Tail-Like Pants :biggrin: (and something tells me there would be Sea-shell bra as well :U)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Don't try to Cause Fandom Drama, this is not acceptable here!

--

So about that Mermaid and Mermen Costume Set! It would be cool if it had Fish-Tail-Like Pants :biggrin: (and something tells me there would be Sea-shell bra as well :U)

she started it by mentioning them D:

If they add a mermaid/merman costume set, there must be a trident added too!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    quot+That+s+my+line.+quot+_339561b5838c46431bcd98dfb4b028ad.gif
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "Get out your fairy dust and wands and get ready to patrol Millennium City in a brand new Dryad costume set."

I think they meant Heavy Taiha.

By the way, the game's version of the weapon was like the sixth thing to come up in a Google Image search. Not as forgotten by the world as we thought.
    edited January 2014
    If they add a mermaid/merman costume set, there must be a trident added too!

OH YES! :biggrin:

But Trident wouln't work very well with all Heavy Weapon powers!

This is why Heavy Weapons need a mini Powerframe and Weapons Unlock ONLY for Polearm, Tridents, Spears and other Blade on a Stick weaponry (Rods as well, but Rods are more for Martial Arts I guess)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    OH YES! :biggrin:

But Trident wouln't work very well with all Heavy Weapon powers!

This is why Heavy Weapons need a mini Powerframe and Weapons Unlock ONLY for Polearm, Tridents, Spears and other Blade on a Stick weaponry (Rods as well, but Rods are more for Martial Arts I guess)

why what's wrong with heavy weapons?
  • Options
    akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wrong discipline; though there was going to be a Staff MA set at one point (check the gallery of wasted potential thread). It would probably be like HW lite, with maintains and such. Think like Kilik /Sueng Mina/Gambit/etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7iN18u7pYE